As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knights of Arcadia Phalla Night GAME OVER: MAFIA VICTORY

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    My guess is (I think ZH implied this as well) that the shards have no idea that they are sharded, so even they will be shocked when they die and find themselves sharded.

I'm not exactly worried about beating Larlar cause that seems to be out of my hands. So, I'm mostly ignoring him.

• InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    One possibility people don't appear to have taken into consideration is that <Premium> may have died to our collective will as well, instead of to some particularly violent member of our group here.

That's to say, it is clear that the beggar died to one of us; he was stabbed. But what we know of <Premium>'s death is consistent both with some force within us causing it, but also consistent with our murder democracy causing it. Now, if I have things right, I understood <Megafrost> to have gained the ire of the most of our membership...Perhaps some force is manipulating our collective will; perhaps this vote is not all it seems to be on the surface, and other powers, of which I, at least, know nothing, affect its results.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2013
    Assuran wrote: »
    My guess is (I think ZH implied this as well) that the shards have no idea that they are sharded, so even they will be shocked when they die and find themselves sharded.

I'm not exactly worried about beating Larlar cause that seems to be out of my hands. So, I'm mostly ignoring him.

*starts poking you in the face*

What fun! You all must come try this! His puffy cheeks are like memory foam!

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    I wonder if anyone was keeping track of who voted for whom; that would enable us to know if the votes for Premium and Megafrost were close enough to possibly allow for this manipulation of which you speak.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    People get mad at me for simple necromancy, and we have a speaking CACTUS about?
    Priorities. I'll never understand some people's.
    Anyway, hello cactus man. By what arcane magicks have you become animate?

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Sighing, Austin stands and dusts herself off again.

"MrT had a strong wagon rolling then suddenly competing wagons propel past his vote count. All without him attempting to deflect the vote off him. I find that suspicious," Austin deducted.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    ::makes herself look big::

MrT

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    People get mad at me for simple necromancy, and we have a speaking CACTUS about?

The 21st magick, my dear fellow. While waiting for The Game to begin, I deduced a method of sorting and categorizing all the magicks. I either hope that you do not find this offensive or that it enrages you fully.

I've never been one for middle grounds.

iwantanswers3.png
  • vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    Rawrk

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »

The 21st magick, my dear fellow. While waiting for The Game to begin, I deduced a method of sorting and categorizing all the magicks. I either hope that you do not find this offensive or that it enrages you fully.

Being that I am a librarian, I am rather interested in your methods of categorization. May I peruse your notes?

Oh right, I forgot about my phalla.

Day 1

A hawk swoops in and eats Bird 1 while Bird 2 watches.

iwantanswers3.png
    You jerkface.

Blood and Fire
    I win through inactivity!
    AS INTENDED!

I was having fun with that.

Blood and Fire
    edited March 2013
    [quote="vertroue;26168504"]I was having fun with that.

[/quote]

Just be the hawk.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    edited March 2013

Being that I am a librarian, I am rather interested in your methods of categorization. May I peruse your notes?

I'm afraid I do not keep notes in the traditional manner, as bypassing the encryption is somewhat of a bounded procedure. But if you would like to try, I do believe you may be able to absorb some of the information for a few moments before your severed head ceases to function.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    I win through inactivity!
    AS INTENDED!

Must I remind you that there are no win conditions?

iwantanswers3.png
    You must do many things!
    My mind is full of such arcane knowledge as to keep most lesser information from being fully absorbed

If we managed to off the sick bastard who dragged us all into this, I'd count that as a Win, conditional or otherwise.

Currently Playing:
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    yeah I don't understand the notion of beating him, here. It seems like the village could easily win with him?

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    For the moment, my vote's going to [MrTLicious.

He is in all likelyhood innocent, but if we don't finish off this suspicion people will keep coming back to it and the distraction will only divide us and hurt us in the end.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    So I guess the point of not sending villagers role pm's has the effect of villagers not knowing whether or not to oppose the acquaintance?

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Dys wrote: »
    For the moment, my vote's going to [MrTLicious.

He is in all likelyhood innocent, but if we don't finish off this suspicion people will keep coming back to it and the distraction will only divide us and hurt us in the end.

why is there suspicion?

man the worst part of RP games is that I just skim everything and then I miss stuff.

So I guess the point of not sending villagers role pm's has the effect of villagers not knowing whether or not to oppose the acquaintance?

well I think it's pretty implicit in his win condition on how he could be a negative role to the village. Firstly, whether or not he knew players' alignments when he was able to choose shard holders, or if he just needed to choose players who he thought would survive.

If the dice roll is that he chose all villagers (not impossible or even completely unlikely), then he has an absolute village win condition. He has to try and play things so that he trims the village population down to only shard holders and then defeat the mafia, but that's still a village win, all things considered.

If he has some on the mafia and some on the village, he rides the fence until one side looks like it's winning, and then he can choose where to go from there.

That's obviously all that we can tell from the OP, but it's not inherently anti-village, unless the shard holders do not technically count as villagers for the village win condition. And that's a valid assumption, I guess, but it seems like a leap that doesn't really bear under the evidence we have.

Except i interpret my clarification as 'village need to defeat acquaintance to win'

Steam
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Sighing, Austin stands and dusts herself off again.

"MrT had a strong wagon rolling then suddenly competing wagons propel past his vote count. All without him attempting to deflect the vote off him. I find that suspicious," Austin deducted.

oh here it is. I'm not sure if that's a strong argument, considering that I was seeing lots of premium and megafrost votes for just as equally day one reasons, and the timing didn't seem like a coordinated effort so much as happenstance.

not to mention that both contestants died last night, which wasn't optimal for the mafia (if mrt is mafia), since a close vote would have led to premium coming under fire today. Although I guess a vig(??) killed premium since it says "you were responsible for that" or whatever.

wait which clarification

Except i interpret my clarification as 'village need to defeat acquaintance to win'

oh do you mean
    Can we vote out the Acquaintance?

No. The Acquaintance is immune to everything. You can't beat someone like the Acquaintance through brute force, it requires subtle negotiation. You defeat the Acquaintance ONLY by removing the shards from play. Likewise, I would advice you to not use the Acquaintance's true name (as revealed in the previous game). If you do so, he may...punish you.

?

I just assumed that meant that if we wanted to, or if we thought that he was working with the mafia etc, we could do so by removing shards.

i don't know I guess that's a pretty valid interpretation now that I think about it!

• OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular

Which magick is the 21st? Some illicit hybridization of peyoturgy and agavemancy, no doubt!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    wait which clarification

He received a private clarification via PM

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    If the dice roll is that he chose all villagers (not impossible or even completely unlikely), .

Very unlikely actually .8 ^ 9 = 13%

We should assume at least one mafia is a shard

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    Gizzy wrote: »
    wait which clarification

He received a private clarification via PM

Are villagers required to defeat the acquaintance to win

Really it shouldn't have taken you guys this long to discuss it and not ask it

Steam profile
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I scanned the OP and have not actually found the VC. Am I blind?

edit: Village, not the acquaintance.

MrTLicious on
    kime wrote: »
    If the dice roll is that he chose all villagers (not impossible or even completely unlikely), .

actually, if the acquaintance has to have only shard people alive at the end of the game, and the demon king osa cannot be killed until all the demons are dead, it doesn't matter if there are shard holders in the mafia. The acquaintance needs the king dead, mechanically, and the only way to do that is to kill all of the mafia.

I mean, there could be loads of stuff that he can do/knows that invalidates that, but currently I can't see how the mafia could ever work with him, since his win con ultimately demands their removal.

actually, if the acquaintance has to have only shard people alive at the end of the game, and the demon king osa cannot be killed until all the demons are dead, it doesn't matter if there are shard holders in the mafia. The acquaintance needs the king dead, mechanically, and the only way to do that is to kill all of the mafia.

I mean, there could be loads of stuff that he can do/knows that invalidates that, but currently I can't see how the mafia could ever work with him, since his win con ultimately demands their removal.

That doesn't invalidate what I said, but I'd agree I think

Steam profile
  • Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    @Langly Austin crossed her arms and looked at Hester 'Langly' Fields sideways, pursing her lips.

"Someone thought 'premium' was demonspawn, so he got shanked. I don't disagree with your assessment, but I don't have any stronger leads, do you? And Gideon (Dys) is right... if we don't kill him tonight, he will continue to be a distraction. But if anyone has stronger reasoning for another candidate, I'm flexible," Austin implied impishly.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I wonder if anyone was keeping track of who voted for whom; that would enable us to know if the votes for Premium and Megafrost were close enough to possibly allow for this manipulation of which you speak.

BEHOLD

That doesn't invalidate what I said, but I'd agree I think

yeah i didn't mean to contradict you, that just made me think in a different direction.

Mikey CTS wrote: »
    @Langly Austin crossed her arms and looked at Hester 'Langly' Fields sideways, pursing her lips.

"Someone thought 'premium' was demonspawn, so he got shanked. I don't disagree with your assessment, but I don't have any stronger leads, do you? And Gideon (Dys) is right... if we don't kill him tonight, he will continue to be a distraction. But if anyone has stronger reasoning for another candidate, I'm flexible," Austin implied impishly.

without color-coded deaths, we don't know who killed premium. we can infer a village vig based on the fluff, but that's not a sure thing. the only thing we know is the mafia definitely killed bradicus.

Premium probably got shanked because village vigs like to kill the competing wagons for maximum information. Not because somebody thought he was a demon.

Steam