As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Knights of Arcadia Phalla Night GAME OVER: MAFIA VICTORY

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    THE REALEST question is: did the spell work?
    You should be aware of your own breathing now and feel the need to control it MANUALLY!

That would be the most annoying spell ever

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I hate you TRV

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Locus wrote: »
    Acquaintance wincon - Have only sharded people alive before demons or village attain their wincon
    Demon wincon - Kill all the village
    Village wincon - Kill all the demons

So this game will probably not end when the demons outnumber the village, as far as I can tell, in order to give the acquaintance the chance to win
    I think you'd have to add that both the village and demons have to remove all of the shards.

Why would you think this before Munkus's clarification?
    Because only one faction can win. The Acquaintance can only be defeated if only non-shard people remain. So we'd have to get rid of the shards in order to defeat the Acquaintance. The demons would have to do the same.

Nothing had been said to that point that inferred the bolded at all.

If our wincon was to kill the demons, then it wouldn't matter if any shards were around and we could have just won.

Wincons don't have to be mutually exclusive (I think thats the right use of that phrase)

This shit right here leads me to believe that you think you CAN win with The Acquaintance.

!Lynch Obifett

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Saber makes good points. I don't see anyone following my zonugal suspicion and i want a vote of consequence, so

Iron Weasel

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Why does Bradicus always get day 1'd? This is like 4 games in a row now, totally scratching my head.

• Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Also Zonugal because a zombie race sounds boring.

• Options
    N you can't Erich, it's been clarified. The Acquaintance is an incompatible faction with the village

Steam profile
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Why does Bradicus always get day 1'd? This is like 4 games in a row now, totally scratching my head.

Yeah, it's weird. Poor little fella.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Malkor wrote: »
    I did get a rather strange PM from Larlar earlier.

Something about laughing so hard that I would shard my pants, and that he liked stew more than soup because it's shardier.

What could it mean?

th_iiam-1.gif

Also thank you whoever called the shards horcruxes. Thank you.

okay so, I don't really like the MrT vote. The reasoning behind it is fine, but it's still based analyzing day one votes. And it's not as though MrT had such a commanding bandwagon - things were still open enough that I don't think the mafia would go into panic mode quite so early and show their hand like that. There was still plenty of opportunity for other wagons to form organically.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options

Because either
    1)The mafia largely did not play in the last few games with Brad and had no idea
    2)They had played in the last few games, so they could point to (1) in defense.

Steam
  • Options
    Yeah from now on I think I'm calling them horcruxes

Steam profile
  • Options

Because either
    1)The mafia largely did not play in the last few games with Brad and had no idea
    2)They had played in the last few games, so they could point to (1) in defense.

(2) would be a really low move

Steam profile
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Infidel wrote: »
    Oh yay I'm alive.
    A mistake we shouldnt make twice, Infidel

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Erich Zahn wrote: »
    Acquaintance wincon - Have only sharded people alive before demons or village attain their wincon
    Demon wincon - Kill all the village
    Village wincon - Kill all the demons

So this game will probably not end when the demons outnumber the village, as far as I can tell, in order to give the acquaintance the chance to win
    I think you'd have to add that both the village and demons have to remove all of the shards.

Why would you think this before Munkus's clarification?
    Because only one faction can win. The Acquaintance can only be defeated if only non-shard people remain. So we'd have to get rid of the shards in order to defeat the Acquaintance. The demons would have to do the same.

Nothing had been said to that point that inferred the bolded at all.

If our wincon was to kill the demons, then it wouldn't matter if any shards were around and we could have just won.

Wincons don't have to be mutually exclusive (I think thats the right use of that phrase)

This shit right here leads me to believe that you think you CAN win with The Acquaintance.

!Lynch Obifett

I was shaking Locus's tree. Seeing what came out if I pushed why he assumed what he was assuming.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    It'd be cooler if you called them Phallacteries.

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

OH MAN

Steam
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular

If we put the words together we might have something.

Hmm... Phallacteries and Horcruxes. Gotta have that 'x' in there. Hmm.

Phallaxatives?

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular

Much better than calling them whore-crusts... whatever, it's all gibberish! You arcanists and your fancy-talk.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    Uncle Jack says phallax.

• Options
    Quiet people are too quiet.

They should take part in the process... by force if necessary. Better to take some lumps and live than to be eaten by the Thing in the Shadows.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Oh, I get, it I go to the bother of tying an excellent noose, so clearly somebody has to go and blow Megafrost to little meaty bits.

Do you have any idea how long this will take to clean up!? I won't even mention the irregularly shaped hole in this wall, you would think a demon could expend some effort and make a nice, round hole with a properly scaled diameter.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    THE REALEST question is: did the spell work?
    You should be aware of your own breathing now and feel the need to control it MANUALLY!
    Can't stop giggling.
    Infidel wrote: »
    Oh yay I'm alive.
    A mistake we shouldnt make twice, Infidel
    Pretty sure beds is on to something here. Infidel.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    In any case, this MrT wagon reeks of panic, and panic is not conducive to an organized lynch mob.

In contrast, the !IronWeasel wagon seems to have some semblance of blissful order.

I might even consider lending my backup backup Rolodex to this Saber fellow.

Now, if you'll excuse me, somebody needs to keep this place looking presentable.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

Something about laughing so hard that I would shard my pants, and that he liked stew more than soup because it's shardier.

What could it mean?

th_iiam-1.gif

okay so, I don't really like the MrT vote. The reasoning behind it is fine, but it's still based analyzing day one votes. And it's not as though MrT had such a commanding bandwagon - things were still open enough that I don't think the mafia would go into panic mode quite so early and show their hand like that. There was still plenty of opportunity for other wagons to form organically.
    MrT is getting votes because he has played a couple of frighteningly good games as mafia recently, and now he's gotten into people's heads.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular

They should take part in the process... by force if necessary. Better to take some lumps and live than to be eaten by the Thing in the Shadows.

I agree. Remember if you don't post you are suspicious. But if you post too much you are suspicious.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    On, my, I seem to have run out of red ink.

How embarrassing.

!IronWeasel

I hope these spare blood puddles have been properly examined by a Substitute Ink Appraiser.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    I've decided my dude is an anthropomorphic sheep, so my best bet is to vote MrT.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    I am in fact an Ink Appraiser - Local 514.

Your ink substitute runs a little thick, but I'll allow it.

Currently Playing:
  • Options

I agree. Remember if you don't post you are suspicious. But if you post too much you are suspicious.

Mainly if you don't speak up, you will be eaten. Strangers seem to struggle with the notion. I think perhaps they aren't aware of the Hungry One waiting... lurking. It eats only the silent. My memory is muddled, yes, but some who are part of this Game appear to be in dire peril of feeding that which we locals know as Inactivus.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I coined the term Horcrux! Not that hack Rowling!
    What realm is this that magic is seen with disdain?
    What about magick? Is that more acceptable?

YOU NOW HAVE TO BLINK MANUALLY!

• Options
    Cayrus because I don't like votes that don't even attempt to have reasoning behind them (except on day one), especially one made at a key time in the potential forming of a bandwagon.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Also

I find it kind of hilarious I achieved 666 agrees whilst playing in a game about demons.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    TRV again

Steam profile
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular

What could it mean?

th_iiam-1.gif

MrT is getting votes because he has played a couple of frighteningly good games as mafia recently, and now he's gotten into people's heads.

Austin sighed in exasperation, "No one is saying it's a good lead. Only that it's one of the only leads we currently have. We're only in the second day and working from limited information. You're not saying anything new that hasn't already been said by the people who have voted for him.

"You're defense is strange, though. I would think you'd want to push that wagon to save your own neck. And its so half-hearted and doesn't add anything new to the conversation. Unless your deliberately trying to add as little as you can while still seeming useful, Iron Weasel"

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Keloth Nazaire sat in the corner slowly shaking her head. She had just woken up about some weird dream about birds and death. Seeing what was around her, and being not much different then her dream, she started fully awake.

"Crap I got out of one contract look like now we are in for another. Again to the death it seems." She mutters to air.

Keloth thought to herself *I got out of one once. It seems like dad will have to wait for now.*

vertroue on
    Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    A man seeks only to survive.

A kime can sometimes cause chaos not conducive to survival.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    TRV again
    While I do not doubt your trustworthiness, I remind you that tempting fate by cheating democracy is often met with.. unsavory results.
    It would be a missteak to continue along your path, friend of friends.

Now, while we are on the topic, how's that breathing going?
    Don't forget about it.
    I've disabled your body's autonomous functions, save for heartbeat. Enjoy.

• Options
    How many times do you want my vote, TRV?

:P

Steam profile
  • Options
    Mikey CTS wrote: »

What could it mean?

th_iiam-1.gif

Austin sighed in exasperation, "No one is saying it's a good lead. Only that it's one of the only leads we currently have. We're only in the second day and working from limited information. You're not saying anything new that hasn't already been said by the people who have voted for him.

"You're defense is strange, though. I would think you'd want to push that wagon to save your own neck. And it’s so half-hearted and doesn't add anything new to the conversation. Unless your deliberately trying to add as little as you can while still seeming useful, Iron Weasel"
    It’s not a “lead” at all, Austin; it’s people taking potshots at guys who’ve had some success recently. A buncha votes get tossed willy-nilly on Day 1 and all of a sudden you’re a sleuth? Please.

In a situation with this many new faces, basic operating procedure is to take a look at the people who are keeping a lower profile. But by all means, pick off the folks who are taking part in the discussion while blithely ignoring the people skulking in the shadows. We all know how well that turned out during that rash of abductions a few months back, don’t we?

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod

Ha ha, how delightful! It is absolutely wonderful for you to assume that I have a soul to begin with! I tip my ghoulish hat made out of...

*pauses to inspect his own hat*

...some kind of human...matter...

*looks back up, smiling*

...to you, sir.

iwantanswers3.png