As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The PAX East 2013 International Food Exchange (How do you like your coffee?)

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    Coan wrote: »
    Great, I didn't lose the question, but, lost the suggested answer in trying to catch up on the thread, at least we're on the same train of thought.

It's all the excitement. It's been scientifically provent that your brain can't handle all the Awesome that is PAX and it starts dropping less needed skills, like paying attention to anything but PAAAAAXXXXX!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    I'm up for 1:15 in the Westin lobby.

Man, I'm not going to make it to the expo hall until after the snack meet

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    MaiSheri wrote: »
    This is probably a long shot since it's pretty last-minute at this point, but I'd LOVE a jar of Sanders Classic Caramel sauce http://www.sanderscandy.com/Classic-Caramel-Topping-p/15375-p.htm

I know it's readily available in Detroit and the website says it's in some grocery stores in the midwest too. Is anyone from the area wiling to pick up some for me?

I'll be carrying around Canadian chocolate bars* to share all weekend (or as long as they last) but I haven't picked up anything super special to exchange.

*Aero, Smarties, Glosette, Caramilk, Crunchie, Coffee Crisp, Dairy Milk
    Looks like Sanders is sold in Macy's around here (and one specialty store near my place I can check as well.) I can see if they have the caramel topping after I get off work today (since I gotta make a few stops for pre-PAX stock up anyway tonight.) Though, I am planning on attending the World of Capcom panel, so I wouldn't be available for the food exchange. I'll reply tonight whether or not I find any.

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Okay, so I have got my hands on four of these babies.

BFvmiNDCAAAiVVX.jpg

I'm looking for Swedish Fish in exchange!

PurpleBek on
    pax%20sig.png
  • CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Coan wrote: »
    Great, I didn't lose the question, but, lost the suggested answer in trying to catch up on the thread, at least we're on the same train of thought.

It's all the excitement. It's been scientifically provent that your brain can't handle all the Awesome that is PAX and it starts dropping less needed skills, like paying attention to anything but PAAAAAXXXXX!

I think the sheer number of last minute posts in this thread didn't help. Seriously don't know what else i'm doing this week that isn't pax related, even though i'm pretty sure i'm working 2.5 days and have other things i should be doing.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    xipetotec wrote: »
    The to beer snobs, any interest in Unibroue beer from Quebec? They are Belgian style ales bottled and corked abby-style. La Fin du Monde and La Maudite ( translate the End of the World and The Damned ) are a punch in the face of flavor and of course, alcohol. Maybe I'll pick up a couple and bring 'em just in case.

unibroue.jpg

Yeah i would love to trade for a bottle of these. Was just talking to someone about these and they said they are great.
    So we kind of lost the question of where/when for the beer & booze exhange. I vote for 1:15 PM Friday, before the food exchange, in the Westin lobby. That gives us 30 mins to exchange and 15 mins to get to the food exhange as a group.

I like this idea.. I guess im gonna have to move some things around.. I was gonna see Final Fantasy Panel but i guess things are gonna have to be changed.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• xipetotecxipetotec Registered User regular
    The to beer snobs, any interest in Unibroue beer from Quebec? They are Belgian style ales bottled and corked abby-style. La Fin du Monde and La Maudite ( translate the End of the World and The Damned ) are a punch in the face of flavor and of course, alcohol. Maybe I'll pick up a couple and bring 'em just in case.

unibroue.jpg

Yeah i would love to trade for a bottle of these. Was just talking to someone about these and they said they are great.
    So we kind of lost the question of where/when for the beer & booze exhange. I vote for 1:15 PM Friday, before the food exchange, in the Westin lobby. That gives us 30 mins to exchange and 15 mins to get to the food exhange as a group.

I like this idea.. I guess im gonna have to move some things around.. I was gonna see Final Fantasy Panel but i guess things are gonna have to be changed.

Cool, so I'll make sure now to bring these. I'll see you friday at 1:15-1:30 I guess is what we're saying then right?

edited March 2013
    This is probably a long shot since it's pretty last-minute at this point, but I'd LOVE a jar of Sanders Classic Caramel sauce http://www.sanderscandy.com/Classic-Caramel-Topping-p/15375-p.htm

I know it's readily available in Detroit and the website says it's in some grocery stores in the midwest too. Is anyone from the area wiling to pick up some for me?

I'll be carrying around Canadian chocolate bars* to share all weekend (or as long as they last) but I haven't picked up anything super special to exchange.

*Aero, Smarties, Glosette, Caramilk, Crunchie, Coffee Crisp, Dairy Milk
    Looks like Sanders is sold in Macy's around here (and one specialty store near my place I can check as well.) I can see if they have the caramel topping after I get off work today (since I gotta make a few stops for pre-PAX stock up anyway tonight.) Though, I am planning on attending the World of Capcom panel, so I wouldn't be available for the food exchange. I'll reply tonight whether or not I find any.
    Hah, so I'm dumb. The Capcom panel is at noon, not 2 (kept seeing the 2 in 12 and thinking 2pm for some reason.) So, I will be there with your jar of Sanders caramel topping stuff Mai. I may pickup some other stuff tomorrow as well to share with everyone else!

Traitorious on
  • treezatreeza Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    aikoe wrote: »
    Did anyone happen to get a hold of Damtuh Ginger Tea?

I checked the local Korean grocery store here, and unfortunately they didn't have the Damtuh Ginger Tea. They had other Damtuh teas, but not the ginger flavour. :( Sowee.

OK, I have my haul ready:

Chocolate! (and some candy and gum):
    uxv9iyel.jpg

Chips! (and crackers and cake)
    AhczWhJl.jpg

And - I'm not sure if I should bring these. I saw these Dragonball Z drinks at the store, and thought someone might be interested in them. Let me know if you wants! Otherwise, I will leave this extra weight at home.
    l7WnDsNl.jpg

Looking forward to sharing and snacking on Friday! :D

*edit: fixed broken images

treeza on
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    treeza wrote: »

I checked the local Korean grocery store here, and unfortunately they didn't have the Damtuh Ginger Tea. They had other Damtuh teas, but not the ginger flavour. :( Sowee.

uxv9iyel.jpg

AhczWhJl.jpg

And - I'm not sure if I should bring these. I saw these Dragonball Z drinks at the store, and thought someone might be interested in them. Let me know if you wants! Otherwise, I will leave this extra weight at home.
    l7WnDsNl.jpg

Oh shit, I would totally love one of those (Yamcha I guess? Pretty sure that's him on the far right)

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Due to the overwhelming nature of everyone from the north bringing all dressed and ketchup, I've changed things up and i'll be bringing a couple bags of PC chips (buffalo wing and general tao chicken) as well as my 2 22oz beers and some mini-chocolate bars. I don't think anyone else has requested I bring anything specific, (if so, tag me and yell at me/PM).

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    treeza wrote: »

uxv9iyel.jpg

AhczWhJl.jpg

l7WnDsNl.jpg

i think im going to need one of each of the candies, i want to try the lambs, some one said they were bringing a bunch last year but never saw them and i love coffee crisps, also i may want a dragon ball z drink, i am always dying to try weird drinks

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • THEZappBranniganTHEZappBrannigan Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Officially on vacation as of tonight, and I managed to pick up quite the batch for all you beer swappers. My last minute requests, if at all possible to attain, are:
    Pliny The Elder (Russian River Brewing Company) or really anything from them just because of how hard it would be to get here...
    Any type of beer from Three Floyds Brewing Company
    Live Oak Hefeweizen (out of Texas, absolute best hefe I've ever had)
    Any type of beer from Alaskan Brewing Company
    Bison Organic Honey Basil Ale (Berkley, CA)
    Lastly anything from Hill Farmstead Brewery (Vermont) as I never got a chance to stop there when I visited.

It's a shot in the dark, but if anyone can pull this off you'd be my hero. Oh, and just so there is no confusion about being compensated...
    pf8y197.jpg

THEZappBrannigan on
    edited March 2013
    t

sillyzombie666 on
  • ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Okay, so I have got my hands on four of these babies.

BFvmiNDCAAAiVVX.jpg

I'm looking for Swedish Fish in exchange!

I know I'm not one of the people who has been requesting these, but they look great! I'll find some Swedish fish for you in exchange!

UyhWici.png
  • treezatreeza Registered User regular
    @TheAggroCraig Ok, great! I'll bring the drinks, and put your name on Yamcha!

@sillyzombie666 I'll be sure to save those for you! You will not be without a lamb this year. :)

unibroue.jpg

Cool, so I'll make sure now to bring these. I'll see you friday at 1:15-1:30 I guess is what we're saying then right?

Yup thats what we are saying. So Friday betwen 1:15-1:30 in the Westin all the alcohol will be exchanged. Im so excited for this.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular
    For the alcohol exchange I have Switchback, Vermont Red Stout and *possibly* Heady Topper. For the food exchange proper I have Ver-mints and an assortment of Lake Champlain Chocolates. I can do one more shop in the morning for last minute requests. I do not have the ability to get any more Heady Topper FYI.

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently
  • MaiSheriMaiSheri OnatrioRegistered User regular
    Hah, so I'm dumb. The Capcom panel is at noon, not 2 (kept seeing the 2 in 12 and thinking 2pm for some reason.) So, I will be there with your jar of Sanders caramel topping stuff Mai. I may pickup some other stuff tomorrow as well to share with everyone else!

That's so awesome! Thank you ^_^ This is what I'll look like on Friday. I can offer you $$ or chocolate in exchange (let me know if you have any requests for Canadian stuff I could grab tonight)

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    so i feel like a total jerk after talking them up so much but tragically i will not be able to bring the girl scout cookies i promised. i am in pre-pax panic and my troop cookie mom is being crazy and there's just no way i will be able to get a hold of the cookies before pax. i'm so sorry! i feel awful!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • KirindalKirindal Registered User regular
    As for my skimpy haul, I'm bringing along three packs of Jaffa cakes earmarked for @Decius, a pack of Kracie's Super Soda gum, a pack of Mikakuto Chocolate candies, and a pack of Hobnobs.

So wait, if I'm keeping it in my pack, I'll be allowed on the show floor with beer right?

I didn't manage to get a room at the Westin, but want in on the beer exchange. I understand we can't be cracking 'em open there, but if I keep it sealed and hidden, I'll be good right?

edited March 2013

That's so awesome! Thank you ^_^ This is what I'll look like on Friday. I can offer you $$ or chocolate in exchange (let me know if you have any requests for Canadian stuff I could grab tonight)
    If you can get some Canadian maple-based stuff (I honestly don't know of anything else specifically Canadian in snacking that hasn't already been mentioned, and could survive a trip + a day or two) that'd be awesome, but the stuff you said you were bringing in your other post I'm totally down to eat as an exchange!

I shouldn't be hard to find. I will be one of (maybe the only...?) the black guy(s). If there are multiples of black males, I will be the one with the racing stripe tortoiseshell frames with reddish-brown stems. If another black guy is wearing the that, then I've obviously been cloned and that would just be weird.

Traitorious on
    @LexiconGrrl i just got some coffee syrup and i got one for myself.... its pretty good

@LexiconGrrl i just got some coffee syrup and i got one for myself.... its pretty good

Yay! Thanks! See you tomorrow or Friday

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    So wait, if I'm keeping it in my pack, I'll be allowed on the show floor with beer right?

I didn't manage to get a room at the Westin, but want in on the beer exchange. I understand we can't be cracking 'em open there, but if I keep it sealed and hidden, I'll be good right?

I don't think most of the swappers have rooms in the Westin. We're not doing it there because we have rooms, we're doing it there because it's attached to the convention center and they shouldn't have a problem with us swapping sealed alcohol containers somewhere in the lobby. At least that's the impression I got.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!

I don't think most of the swappers have rooms in the Westin. We're not doing it there because we have rooms, we're doing it there because it's attached to the convention center and they shouldn't have a problem with us swapping sealed alcohol containers somewhere in the lobby. At least that's the impression I got.

Lets hope they dont have a problem with it. If not then we will have to do it outside..lol.. and i dont know if you would be able to bring alcohol into the bcec or not

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular

Lets hope they dont have a problem with it. If not then we will have to do it outside..lol.. and i dont know if you would be able to bring alcohol into the bcec or not

We should be a bit more inconspicuous than the lobby imo, maybe up near the Mez area? I'm sure the hotel would frown upon alcohol swapping right in front of the front desk...

friday, im an hour/ 2 hours from boston so im just gonna stay home bake some cookies for the cookie brigade if i get around to it

We should be a bit more inconspicuous than the lobby imo, maybe up near the Mez area? I'm sure the hotel would frown upon alcohol swapping right in front of the front desk...

Yeah, maybe they have a conference room available or something like that were we can meet up in. Unless someone has a room in the westin we can exchange in..(lol just an idea)

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

edited March 2013
    Honestly, I think everybody's over thinking the beer exchange. There's no bag searches at BCEC and as long as we're not being asses, I don't think the Westin will even notice us or care if they did.

That said, we could easily meet at a mezzanine table. They should be set up all weekend and there will be more room there anyway.

LexiconGrrl on
    as long as there is no money swapping hands i dont think any one will care that you guys are swapping booze

Or... As long as nobody's giving beer to minors.

Or even opening them. I think as long as they stay closed, we're just exchanging "things".

• KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular

Like honest to goodness Autocrat or some other inferior brand? I should also bring Dells.....

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently
    I'm happy to trade my beer for non beer items, btw. If you have stuff/want beer, come to the beer exchange!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Just a reminder that alcohol not purchased at the Sam Adams Bar is not actually allowed in the BCEC at all.

zerzhul wrote: »
    Just a reminder that alcohol not purchased at the Sam Adams Bar is not actually allowed in the BCEC at all.

Beer/Booze Xchange has been relocated to the Westin.

@vicechan sooo the chocolate soda bottles cracked n leaked all over my bag before i left the house so i am only bringing the plaastic bottle now and now my bag smells like hot chocolate ..... yay

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Is the meetup 2pm at handheld or tabletop? I will have purple tights and a rockband jacket!

pax%20sig.png
This discussion has been closed.