As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wavebird parts?

l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
I've got a Wavebird controller set up so I don't have to cross the room to make my Wii do the work for me, but my roommates, who have now moved out, at some point spilled some sort of syrupy drink all over the sucker. I opened it up and cleaned it out, but it seems like the stuff shorted it out, or at least prevented the power switch from making contact. Seeing as how they're like a bajillion dollars to buy, is there anyplace I can get ahold of something to make the damn thing work? Circuit boards, something like that? I'm not much for soldering, but I'm also not much for spending $80 to get a new controller.

l337CrappyJack on

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    contact nintendo to see if they can repair it?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A brand new Wavebird is only $35, I think we need to call the hyperbole police. Here, you can get one through Toys R Us: Nintendo Wavebird

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    SnowconeSnowcone Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    imbalanced wrote: »
    A brand new Wavebird is only $35, I think we need to call the hyperbole police. Here, you can get one through Toys R Us: Nintendo Wavebird

I bought a new one off eBay for $37 because I couldn't find a store that still had them in stock.

Edit: TRU shows "Temporarily Not Available Online" which is what everyone else showed. Hello eBay.

Snowcone on
  • Options
    imbalancedimbalanced Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Snowcone wrote: »

I bought a new one off eBay for $37 because I couldn't find a store that still had them in stock.

Edit: TRU shows "Temporarily Not Available Online" which is what everyone else showed. Hello eBay.

Doh, I saw the "add item to cart" button and thought it would be for what I was viewing on the page. DAMN YOU TRU!! Anyway, they also have them on Amazon

imbalanced on
    idc-sig.png
    Wii Code: 1040-1320-0724-3613 :!!:
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Snowcone wrote: »

Doh, I saw the "add item to cart" button and thought it would be for what I was viewing on the page. DAMN YOU TRU!! Anyway, they also have them on Amazon

For $70-80 new.

Play-Asia has them for $40+$8.80 s/h if you don't feel like playing the eBay game.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, that's all the issue. I'm gonna just try ebay and see about any good offers for maybe controllers without the dongle or something. Thanks, fellas.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    h8b1llg8tsh8b1llg8ts Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wal-Mart always has them when I check out their Gamecube section.

Still can't bring myself to pay more than $19.96 on any Gamecube game so I check back every so often ...

h8b1llg8ts on
    Coolest Guy I Know
    h8b1llg8ts.gif
    sig.gif
    MAX: Liz I really, really wish that this could be something, you know, more. But it can't. We're just...

LIZ: Different.

VOICE-OVER: It's September 24th, I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You can get a spraycan of stuff called "contact cleaner" which is great for cleaning controllers. Depending on where you are spraying, the contact cleaner with silicone can be really nice for lubing up those buttons. I've used it in my GCN controllers many tiem.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I got my decent condition, used Wavebird from EBStop for like $13 or something.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, but was that before the Wii came out? Prices shot up to around $30 after the release, and they're getting to be pretty rare.

I might look into that contact cleaner, though.

l337CrappyJack on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hm.

Yes, I got my wavebird about 2 weeks before the Wii came out. I also got REmake, Metroid Prime 1 and 2, PN03, StarFox Assault, Super Monkey Ball, Mario Kart, and Sonic Mega Collection.

got it all during the B2G1Free deal they had going on.

slash000 on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    wavebirds still exist in stores - you just have to look for them.

SaraLuna on