As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knights of Arcadia Phalla Night GAME OVER: MAFIA VICTORY

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Not to get in the way of a good bandwagon, however I'd like to point out that obi was not killed by the demons
    Two furious eyes of amber fire flickered faintly, illuminating two giant goat horns beset in obsidian fur.

The eyes glared at <Bradicus Maximus>, incinerating him instantly.

*snip*

But Bradicus? Yeah. That one's on the demons, for sure.
    Amber eyes cast their vision on <Obifett>, melting the armored figure into a horrid ooze of ash and iron.

While I have to admit that I don't completely understand why Bradicus was killed by demons and Obi was killed by demons, there is this:
    Normal villagers will be just be bolded in death. Specials are blue, demons are red, OSA is goldenrod, and shards are purple.

I guess OSA is the big bad demon leader or something? Either way, Obi was definitely killed by a demon of some kind, and the vote for you is thus justified. If you turn up village, GtC is likely a dead man.

• LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    So.. I guess MrT had a shard, and when he got killed it created a collateral damage kill? Am I reading that right?
    The Curse of Splinters, perhaps?

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Easier for me to look at than magic box:
    (Also easier for me to view village green)

Day 1 Vote Count
    Day 1 - 49 players

Megafrost: 10 (The Anonymous, TheRoadVirus, TehSpectre, Romanian My Escutcheon, Butler For Life #1, kime, OminousLozenge, premium, vertroue, Langly)

premium: 7 (blahmcblah, Mill, BradicusMaximus, CesareB, Megafrost, Cythraul, Gizzy)
    Iron Weasel: 4 (SegaTai, Zombie Hero, Bucketman, Megafrost, Phyphor)
    Gandalf_the_Crazed: 3 (SaberOverEasy, shalmelo, jdarksun)
    MrTLicious: 3 (GrimmyTOA, Assuran, XoG, MikeyCTS, Dys)

ObiFett: 2 (Gandalf, MrTLicious)
    Langly: 2 (Cayrus, INANTP)

Xenogears: 1 (MrTLicious, Iron Weasel)
    Gizzy: 1 (Anialos)
    facetious: 1 (Malkor)
    blahmcblah: 1 (Bliss101)
    Cayrus: 1 (Retaba)
    Dys: 1 (facetious)
    shalmelo: 1 (ObiFett)
    The Anonymous: 1 (Locus)
    CesareB: 1 (Invictus)
    vertroue: 1 (Bedlam)
    kime: 1 (Infidel)
    Infidel: 1 (Flarne)
    INANTP: 1 (Assuran)
    TheRoadVirus: 1 (Zonugal)
    jdarksun: 1 (Dys)
    Anialos: 0 (Gizzy)
    GrimmyTOA: 0 (Megafrost)
    SegaTai: 0 (premium, OminousLozenge)

Did not Vote: Larlar, Eric Zahn, Tommy2Hands

Day 2 Vote Count
    Day 2 45 players

MrT: 14 (Bliss101, Grimmy, Mikey, Gizzy, Dys, Cayrus, Bucketman, Obifett, Infidel, Invictus, Malkor, Erich Zahn, Iron Weasel, The Anonymous, Langly, Phyphor, SegaTai)

Iron Weasel: 8 (SaberOverEasy, ZH, Romanian, Mikey, Anialos, ObiFett, Flarne, CesareB, MrT, Gizzy)

TRV: 4 (Kime, Larlar, Locus, Butler For Life)
    Zonugal: 3 (ZH, blahmcblah, shlamelo, OL)
    Infidel: 3 (Bedlam, jdarksun, Cythraul)
    kime: 3 (Gandalf, TRV, Erich Zahn)

Romanian: 2 (INANTP, Retaba)

Bucketman: 1 (XoG)
    Butler For Life: 1 (Assuran)
    Cayrus: 1 (facetious)
    Dys: 1 (vertroue)
    blahmcblah: 1 (Zonugal)
    Gizzy: 1 (Anialos)
    vertroue: 0 (OL)
    ObiFett: 0 (Erich Zahn)

Did not vote: Tommy, TehSpectre

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Rust dragged Jacob's body to an out-of-the-way spot. He removed the corpse's coat and, after laying the body in a dignified funereal posture, covered his associate's head. He muttered something vaguely prayerlike, then just sat there and wished desperately for a good, strong scotch. Hell, even a shitty, weak grog would do.

If you were wrong about that elixir, we're gonna have words in the afterlife... you manky fucker.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Let's not forget that there is an invincible mafia out there. We shouldn't be sheeping on any 'seer' call.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Slim chance of a network this game, so don't wait around for one.

Steam
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Pfft. Like that has ever stopped anyone. :P

The Anonymous on
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'll wait for a seer result.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Not to get in the way of a good bandwagon, however I'd like to point out that obi was not killed by the demons
    Two furious eyes of amber fire flickered faintly, illuminating two giant goat horns beset in obsidian fur.

The eyes glared at <Bradicus Maximus>, incinerating him instantly.

*snip*

But Bradicus? Yeah. That one's on the demons, for sure.
    Amber eyes cast their vision on <Obifett>, melting the armored figure into a horrid ooze of ash and iron.

While I have to admit that I don't completely understand why Bradicus was killed by demons and Obi was killed by demons, there is this:
    Normal villagers will be just be bolded in death. Specials are blue, demons are red, OSA is goldenrod, and shards are purple.

I guess OSA is the big bad demon leader or something? Either way, Obi was definitely killed by a demon of some kind, and the vote for you is thus justified. If you turn up village, GtC is likely a dead man.

A man would prefer not to be a dead man. The others must use their own judgement on this matter, a man has no part in it -- only to pass along the message of a friend who has passed.

As a reminder, a man has cast his own vote for the ruffian kime.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    I should remind a man that every man must die.

Steam
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Phallar Morghulis.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Retaba wrote: »

Didn't narration say the seer died?

Shh, let Retaba wait. He's not bothering anybody.

Now, Shalmelo is something of an expert on being the mafia, so I didn't see his criticism of Zonugal as remotely defensive. He made a really good point, which I agree with. I didn't realize Zonugal was new, but I also knew he was in no danger of getting voted out yesterday. It was just a hunch, but now I find Zonugal's hyper-defensive posture downright suspicious. I'll wait and see what shakes out, but for now I've got my eye on him.

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular

That's the joke

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Good morning, everyone! Did we have fun last night or what? I went to the future and started reading a story called The Walking Dead, and I must say, there is a character that is giving me marvellous interior decorating ideas.

Heads. All your heads, in endless tanks of water, lining the wall of a great hall. Just picture it. You would be part of an epic tapestry for all time, or at least until I ran out of fish food.

Do I have any volunteers?

!Xenogears of Bore, I do believe someone told me you might be interested? You really should stop hiding behind all those perfectly inconspicuous posts.

iwantanswers3.png
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »

That's the joke

Comedy? Hrm... I have not ready any tomes on comedy, or the Mancing of laughter. I will endeavor to improve on this. My apologies!

• Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Larlar wrote: »
    Good morning, everyone! Did we have fun last night or what? I went to the future and started reading a story called The Walking Dead, and I must say, there is a character that is giving me marvellous interior decorating ideas.

Heads. All your heads, in endless tanks of water, lining the wall of a great hall. Just picture it. You would be part of an epic tapestry for all time, or at least until I ran out of fish food.

Do I have any volunteers?

!Xenogears of Bore, I do believe someone told me you might be interested? You really should stop hiding behind all those perfectly inconspicuous posts.

You're about to enter the shit tornado to Oz, buddy.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I want to be a head in a fish tank

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I suppose we should be happy that there's one less shard to worry about. But I hope there's a way to remove shards from players without killing them, because having to hunt down both the shard-holders and the mafia seems like a tall order.

MSL59.jpg
    Hmm. I heard a story once about demons comprised of feces. Disgusting creatures.

Xenogears of Bore, are you such a one?

Would a shard holder dying to a vig splinter? Is it just the vote?

• LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

if you mean propagate, I don't know how that could happen when the number went down to eight.

also the OP says "death," not "vote death"

Langly on
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Hmm. I heard a story once about demons comprised of feces. Disgusting creatures.

Xenogears of Bore, are you such a one?

OminousLozenge, I know shit about you, you know shit about me. That makes us shit brothers.

C'mon we're shit brothers.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576

if you mean propagate, I don't know how that could happen when the number went down to eight.

I don't get where this theory about the shards splitting or propagating is coming from, unless it's that mysterious purple flash in the narration. If that's the case, I think it's a poor interpretation of what happened. The death toll at the bottom of the narration is pretty clear that Infidel was the recipient of two separate effects: purple flash and flies. Also, the OP flat-out states that we shouldn't read too much into the narrations. I agree with Langly, in that there's no evidence at this time to support any theories about splintering, shifting, or propagating shards.

We should stick to what's before us and not go chasing phantoms.

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

I don't get where this theory about the shards splitting or propagating is coming from, unless it's that mysterious purple flash in the narration. If that's the case, I think it's a poor interpretation of what happened. The death toll at the bottom of the narration is pretty clear that Infidel was the recipient of two separate effects: purple flash and flies. Also, the OP flat-out states that we shouldn't read too much into the narrations. I agree with Langly, in that there's no evidence at this time to support any theories about splintering, shifting, or propagating shards.

We should stick to what's before us and not go chasing phantoms.

Agreed. It's possible that there's some mechanic that punishes people who kill a shard, but we're not going to know until everything's said and done. As long as the shard removers are doing their jobs, we just need to keep focused on demon hunting.

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    On my phone right now or I'd do it, but does anyone have a rate of vote accrual for yesterday?

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, we've got a bunch of village bandwagons over the first few days. I'm guessing the mafia has just been laying low and letting us devour ourselves. Taking a quick look through Magic Box, Cayrus has a day 1 throwaway on Langly and was the fourth person on the MrT bandwagon yesterday.

Oh ho ho, it seems my day 1 hunch on Cayrus might pay off! :rotate:

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Austin had been discussing a business arrangement with Kodassa. They shook hands as Austin's lips curled at the corners of her mouth. They're business concluded, Austin returned to the regular discussion.

"So what's this? We have an Obi call that we're not going to follow through? XoB has angered the almight Acquiantance? What have you people been up to."

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    What do you mean, "You people?"

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    I don't know what Gandalf was on about, but I'm willing to find out. Phyphor for now.

MSL59.jpg
  • FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    A man was told by a Mandalorian that, should he die this night by a demonic hand, one named Phyphor should be offered up to the red god.

So when yesterday did Obi tell you that?

• GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Cayrus was the 6th person on MrT - it's just 2 people before him later moved their vote. Not sure if that makes a difference for you.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    I'm willing to see where this phyphor trail leads.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    So this might be fun:
    1. Vig Dies
    2. Player says that dead vig player contacted them and said Suspect is a demon if vig dies
    3. Everyone wagons Suspect
    4. Suspect turns out to be clean. Everyone wagons Player.
    5. Player is invincible mafia. OOPS
    6. It's now day 5 with no dead demons, and no voting record.

Steam
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    So this might be fun:
    1. Vig Dies
    2. Player says that dead vig player contacted them and said Suspect is a demon if vig dies

Yeah, that's the potential downside, sure. But for the moment I'm not seeing a better option, so.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    that's the thing. It's a move that the village has no defense against except ignore every mafia call ever. Which is why, without a vig call their kills, i am skeptical about a network forming.

Steam
    So village needs to ignore shit like 'this player is totes mafia because i have inside info', and instead rely on voting and post analyses

Steam
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    So this might be fun:
    1. Vig Dies
    7. ???
    8. profit

Fix'd