As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Knights of Arcadia Phalla Night GAME OVER: MAFIA VICTORY

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    So village needs to ignore shit like 'this player is totes mafia because i have inside info', and instead rely on voting and post analyses

Also I think this post is bullshit and that you know it's bullshit. I'm committed to this Phyphor wagon, but if it doesn't turn out, I'm pretty sure I'm voting for you tomorrow.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    note that we only have a 11.11% chance of randomly hitting the demon king last, so we are at least wasting one kill out of our limited firepower, most likely.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    You make good points, ZH, but we do have to consider whatever leads there are since we've had so few of them.

At the same time though, one wagon does us no good when we're already lacking for useful vote records as it is so I hope it doesn't become a mass vote.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    So village needs to ignore shit like 'this player is totes mafia because i have inside info', and instead rely on voting and post analyses

Also I think this post is bullshit and that you know it's bullshit. I'm committed to this Phyphor wagon, but if it doesn't turn out, I'm pretty sure I'm voting for you tomorrow.

Can't wait.

Now. That post was made basically using my background from the Persona phalla, where we had an invincible mafia do a fake seer call, and the only reasonable defense against such a move was to not follow it(we didn't know of the invinco mafia in that one). Similarly, that call was made super early. If i can avoid making a mistake a second time, I will.

Steam
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    We could always vote GtC today and see what color he bleeds (if he bleeds at all)...

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular

Problem is, the current voting record provides very little information, and all the RPing makes analyzing player behavior a bit tricky as well. As far as I can tell, the Phyphorwagon is right now the only lead we have, and a flimsy one at that. It would be nice if Gandalf elaborated on this a little.

MSL59.jpg
    I do still find Cayrus suspicious based on that vote yesterday and his general quietness. The timing of the vote struck me as being one where it was cast early enough that it could at least seem not to be a 'hiding in the wagon' vote, yet the way the wind was blowing it was obvious MrT was going to continue receiving votes.

Real strong, facetious.

edited March 2013
    Other leads of various value:
    -Wagon avoiders
    -People who didn't play in the recent one or two games, and would have murdered bradicus
    -People who commented soon after the game started, as villagers didn't get a role pm and may not have known the game had started

etc.

Edit: in response to bliss

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Yeah elaborate as in copy paste the PM while redacting whatever names necessary pretty please (which we established from prior games is acceptable)

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    edited March 2013
    To expound on my Romanian vote:
    -Quickly posted after 'some folks are too quiet' post
    -Votes on middle early wagon both nights
    -Someone aluded to Se++ players having a higher chance of being mafia (because of bradicus), so why not add it here, even though its the flimsiest of the already flimsy reasons

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
  • OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    No, I think the speculation about SE++ was that they could have Aqualung's shards deep in them. To my recollection, nobody speculated that they were all demons.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    No, I think the speculation about SE++ was that they could have Aqualung's shards deep in them. To my recollection, nobody speculated that they were all demons.

no INANTP (and I) spoke privately, and then he posted publicly, that SE people might have a higher chance of killing bradicus.

the problem with that theory, of course, is that a mafia contains many members and there would not just be SE people in the mafia. So someone would have been around to change targets.

it's just a really weird day one choice.

Langly on
    Bradicus death means there are probably SE++ mafia

I choose Romanian My Escutcheon

HEY

Steam
    Damn your lightning fingers, Langly

Steam
    But they provide such pleasure!

Surely you'd be all about that.

Real strong, facetious.

• CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Gandalf_the_Crazed seems to be operating a gambit to get us to vote for Phypor for some insidious reason with no real proof. If he dies green then we can turn on Phyphor tomorrow.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
    Langly wrote: »

no INANTP (and I) spoke privately, and then he posted publicly, that SE people might have a higher chance of killing bradicus.

the problem with that theory, of course, is that a mafia contains many members and there would not just be SE people in the mafia. So someone would have been around to change targets.

Wait, wait. So you and INANTP were colluding? Stop the presses!

Okay, I stand corrected. Maybe subconsciously I was ignoring INANTP for poo-pooing all of our extremely vital and productive roleplay yesterday. :p

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I don't think all of us SE people are demons. If they are so widespread, it seems odd they would focus on the south east regions only.

• Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Bliss 101 wrote: »

Problem is, the current voting record provides very little information, and all the RPing makes analyzing player behavior a bit tricky as well. As far as I can tell, the Phyphorwagon is right now the only lead we have, and a flimsy one at that. It would be nice if Gandalf elaborated on this a little.

A man has told you all he knows. You have further questions?

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg

Are you a demon?

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Austin sighed with a shrug and stepped forward to address the congress. "Ehem... You should knowing that Gandalf isn't exactly trustworthy. He's claimed to play no part in this play. Also that he has the ability to make deals for some sort of employer. What he means by that is that in exchange for a pact neutering you against him he will grant you a favor. You can no longer vote for him nor can you use any of your gifts against him. It's a Faustian bargain. I'm not sure about you guys, but that sounds like the kind of power a demon would have.

"This isn't exactly damning testimony, but I have confirmed it with another. Either way, unless we have some sort of confirmation that Gandalf is neutral in this theatre I'm not sure we can trust him."
    Okay... its too hard to get this info across through RP

Gandalf has claimed neutral with the ability to grant favors

In exchange for those favors, you cannot vote and/or use powers against him

I have confirmed those are the conditions of his deals with another player who also made the deal

Gamewise, that's an interesting neutral; Flavorwise, it sounds like a demon deal

I'm not saying we vote him out or whatever, but maybe he's not a trustworthy source

I'm not sure how to test his alignment though without wasting resources

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular

For what it's worth, this combined with his defensiveness after accruing a single vote was my rationale behind voting for Zonugal yesterday.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets

Are you a demon?

look at his sweat and struggle. Some myth says demons cannot lie, but I disagree with this. I have no experience, but if our current situation is any idication, they can and will.

that being said !Gandalf_the_Crazed

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular

Are you a demon?

He is very persistent in claiming that he is a man. Mayhap he doth protest too much?

Are you a demon?

A man is not a demon. The politician may as well think of him as one, though -- he does have a mighty roar.
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Austin sighed with a shrug and stepped forward to address the congress. "Ehem... You should knowing that Gandalf isn't exactly trustworthy. He's claimed to play no part in this play. Also that he has the ability to make deals for some sort of employer. What he means by that is that in exchange for a pact neutering you against him he will grant you a favor. You can no longer vote for him nor can you use any of your gifts against him. It's a Faustian bargain. I'm not sure about you guys, but that sounds like the kind of power a demon would have.

"This isn't exactly damning testimony, but I have confirmed it with another. Either way, unless we have some sort of confirmation that Gandalf is neutral in this theatre I'm not sure we can trust him."
    Okay... its too hard to get this info across through RP

Gandalf has claimed neutral with the ability to grant favors

In exchange for those favors, you cannot vote and/or use powers against him

I have confirmed those are the conditions of his deals with another player who also made the deal

Gamewise, that's an interesting neutral; Flavorwise, it sounds like a demon deal

I'm not saying we vote him out or whatever, but maybe he's not a trustworthy source

I'm not sure how to test his alignment though without wasting resources

The suited-up one would do well to check a man's life story in the fabled OP.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I don't think all of us SE people are demons. If they are so widespread, it seems odd they would focus on the south east regions only.

this was a good joke

• Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Kodassa Moore – Before joining the Omerta, Kodassa was a small-time conman. He would play a small con here, a long con there, enough to get by and live comfortably. Eventually, his talents landed him in deep trouble with one of the Omerta families. Instead of breaking his arms, however, they offered him a job as a port salesman. Kodassa now uses his charm to negotiate the best deals, and sneak important cargo in and out of Underlund.

"Yes and I was supposed to have a set of magic perfumes but I don't. Why did you got to keep your powers?

"I'm just putting information out there for the village. They'll have to make the decision for themselves."

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
    Doesn't the op say something along the lines of we shouldn't consult the fluff for clues about each character's role?

Steam
    Well, I'm just a simple politician. I'm no necro-librarian or agavemancer. I don't know whether a man can also be a demon. Apparently a man can also be a vessel for Mister Antiqueroadshow's seed, so why not also a vessel for pure evil?

Then again, a man can be a vessel for pure evil without being a demon, can't he...

Yeah I mean just because my character is in love with hoping to land a job as the Acquantaince's sex slave manservant doesn't mean I want to work with him.

Real strong, facetious.

Doesn't the op say something along the lines of we shouldn't consult the fluff for clues about each character's role?

This is perhaps the case? A man is not sure. Coincidence, however, can be an amusing mistress.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    I'm pretty sure that gandalf is saying that he was conning people and actually does not have powers.

because otherwise, yeah role fluff is mechanically meaningless.

As far as I'm concerned, those who would with the enemy willing are the enemy

THESE ROLES ARE ENTIRELY FLAVOR FOR OPTIONAL ROLEPLAY AND FOR FLUFF IN THE NARRATION. FLUFF IN THE NARRATION IS ALSO JUST THAT: ME MAKING THE GAME MORE INTERESTING FOR YOU. DON'T TRY TO INFER THINGS BY WHO PARTICIPATES IN WHAT ACTION OF THE NARRATION OR WHAT THEIR JOB ON THE SHIP IS.

We're on a ship?

THESE ROLES ARE ENTIRELY FLAVOR FOR OPTIONAL ROLEPLAY AND FOR FLUFF IN THE NARRATION. FLUFF IN THE NARRATION IS ALSO JUST THAT: ME MAKING THE GAME MORE INTERESTING FOR YOU. DON'T TRY TO INFER THINGS BY WHO PARTICIPATES IN WHAT ACTION OF THE NARRATION OR WHAT THEIR JOB ON THE SHIP IS.

A man had forgotten about this.

Coincidence has reigned supreme in a man's life and abilities, then.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    I'm on a boat!

personally I ship Zongul and Langly

in gandalf's defense, role fluff is mechanically meaningless basically until it is not meaningless anymore. Here is obifett's role
    17. James Raddison – A former Underlund knight, was once a well respected swordsman until the treasure he was guarding was stolen while he was seduced by an auburn-haired accomplice. Now a beggar, his possessions are the robes on his back and the silver sword he once used to fight enemies of the country.

and he was a vig. Basically the roles serve in such a way that munkus can "turn on" an ability on them if the RNG selects them and have it fit with their fluff. So you can't look at anyone and discern if they are actually a special or have powers, but if they DO have a special role, it will fit with their fluff.

blahmcblah wrote: »
    We're on a ship?

I know I am.

Acquantaince/Collin OTP

Real strong, facetious.