As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX EAST 2013 Information and FAQ (READ THIS FIRST, THEN ASK ALL QUESTIONS HERE)

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    So if we don't get the swag bags until 11:30, where do we get our lanyards for our badges?

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Lanyards will be handed out by Enforcers at theater entrances iirc.

JfqWFk8.png
  • AzimuthAzimuth Registered User regular
    I tried looking through the thread for parking info, but it's huge so I couldn't find it! I know there is parking at the convention center, but my only question is if parking is over night/extended? I'm staying at the Westin, and parking is upwards of $30 a night, so I'm trying to avoid that.

You can park overnight for up to 7 days at some T stations, mostly the ones further outside.

http://www.mbta.com/riding_the_t/parking/default.asp?id=25317

Overnight Parking

Overnight parking is available at most but not all parking facilities. Check the list below for lots and garages with overnight options available.

Subway
    Alewife
    Braintree
    North Station
    Quincy Adams
    Quincy Center
    Riverside
    South Station
    Wellington
    Wonderland
    Woodland

I normally commute into boston, but I'm going to leave my card at Woodland station for the weekend.
    Parking Rate: $6.00/day. $7.00/overnight- Credit Cards Accepted

• kengikengi Registered User new member
    Is there a map of the Tabletop area? My friends at Greater Than Games are going to be at booths 1101/1102, but I want to see who else is going to be in there.

• Kalell4Kalell4 Registered User new member
    Literally just found out about PAX East 2013, promptly signed up here. Found out registration is full. I have a flight ticket (open ended), the time, and the interest. Is there anyway I could still be a part of the event?

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Kalell4 wrote: »
    Literally just found out about PAX East 2013, promptly signed up here. Found out registration is full. I have a flight ticket (open ended), the time, and the interest. Is there anyway I could still be a part of the event?

Most likely no, your only chance would be some form of scalpers outside the event or finding passes somewhere, which runs the risk of running into fakes. If you were buying passes at the con itself (via scalper) you could have them verified before you hand over your money, also, there is no selling of passes on this forum.

Coan on
    Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • DjnarduDjnardu Registered User regular
    Have a quick question about the bus schedule. Last year i stayed at the Doubletree and in when we took the bus we had to walk across the street to another hotel to get picked up. This year we are staying at the midtown hotel. The schedule says nothing other then which route we are on. Are buses going to all hotels or are we supposed to go somewhere?

• Skip FrankenSkip Franken Registered User new member
    Hey guys got a question. I bought two Friday tickets for pax east and my plans fell apart. I have two friends I want to give the passes to but I have some concerns. I live in Canada and received a confirmation email with the bar code and registration code to be printed off and presented at the North Lobby at the BCEC for badge pick up. The only problem is the email also contains my name and other identifying information. So will the my female friends be denied the passes because the email printout has a male name on it? Don't want them to drive all the way down to Boston and then have to turn around.

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    kengi wrote: »
    Is there a map of the Tabletop area? My friends at Greater Than Games are going to be at booths 1101/1102, but I want to see who else is going to be in there.
    Currently nothing public, I'm afraid.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    Hey guys got a question. I bought two Friday tickets for pax east and my plans fell apart. I have two friends I want to give the passes to but I have some concerns. I live in Canada and received a confirmation email with the bar code and registration code to be printed off and presented at the North Lobby at the BCEC for badge pick up. The only problem is the email also contains my name and other identifying information. So will the my female friends be denied the passes because the email printout has a male name on it? Don't want them to drive all the way down to Boston and then have to turn around.

If your passes need to be picked up at Will-Call then they are only able to be picked up by you as your ID needs to accompany the registration slip. You can try e-mailing pax_questions@paxsite.com regarding a transfer of the registration but it may be cutting it close for a reply in time at this point... wouldn't hurt to try though, and certainly better than the alternative of your passes definitely going to waste!

JQ1qRPt.png
  • dixienormusdixienormus Registered User new member
    Dumb question: you are able to come and go throughout the day, right?

And I have my 3 day pass but likely won't make it Sunday, so it's cool if I give it to a friend to use Sunday?

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular

And I have my 3 day pass but likely won't make it Sunday, so it's cool if I give it to a friend to use Sunday?

yes and yes. anyone holding a badge may come and go as they wish.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • treezatreeza Registered User regular

Yes, you can come and go as you please, as long as you have your badge.

It's also fine to give your badge to someone else for Sunday. :)

And whats the rule about bringing in food and drink? I'm assuming bringing in alcohol is out of the question?

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Snacks and drinks for yourself are fine, anything more and the convention center's food vendor could complain.

No outside alcohol or any drinking outside of the Sam Adams restaurant area.

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • MrNovanoidMrNovanoid Registered User new member
    Heya! So, I assume it's a bad idea to schedule panels/events back-to-back? Like, planning to go to an event that starts at 5, right after an event that ends at 5?

• JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    MrNovanoid wrote: »
    Heya! So, I assume it's a bad idea to schedule panels/events back-to-back? Like, planning to go to an event that starts at 5, right after an event that ends at 5?

its risky because of lines, but it all depends on the panel/event.

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • ClockClock Registered User regular
    I did not receive my tickets in the mail, send out the email I was supposed to, and just waiting..so, assuming I'll need to get things from will call at this point.

Apologies if it is located somewhere, but I am unable to find out hours to pick up tickets, only where. (Will Call this year it is located inside the North Lobby of the BCEC)

Is it available for pickup the day before pax starts on thursday? When? Any help would be awesome. Thanks.

• ClockClock Registered User regular
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    I believe will call is open tomorrow as well as during pax

Do you know what hours it is open?

Clock wrote: »
    Jonoseel wrote: »
    I believe will call is open tomorrow as well as during pax

Do you know what hours it is open?

i believe the @official_pax twitter has said will call will be open 1-5pm on thursday, then regular pax hours (starting when the building opens at 8am) through the weekend.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Does the coat/bag check stay open until the concerts end so it's possible to leave stuff there and grab it when everything ends?

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Does the coat/bag check stay open until the concerts end so it's possible to leave stuff there and grab it when everything ends?

I believe so. Also, aren't you going to be in 90 day lockdown rehab?

Are we able to leave tickets at will call? I'm meeting up with my buddy but will likely be there and inside well before him...

Are we able to leave tickets at will call? I'm meeting up with my buddy but will likely be there and inside well before him...

i very much doubt it. your badge is your property once in your possession, don't think will call would be willing to take responsibility for it. you'll have to just meet your friend at the door.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    JayDfromMA wrote: »

I believe so. Also, aren't you going to be in 90 day lockdown rehab?

I have a work around - my twin will pretended to be me on house arrest while I go to PAX.

As a side note - I'm going through the list of exhibitors in the Guidebook app, searching for them and if they look interesting to me I'm adding their twitters to my feed. I figure it would be a great way to know more of the indie devs before Saturday. I don't suppose there is a list somewhere that says "Booth xxx, Game Company X - Small indie studio working on their followup to last year's XBLA title Game X" is there? It would be great to know before searching if it's a company that I want to look into more vs a company that makes custom steering wheels for PC's or whatnot.

• LeavesCatLeavesCat Registered User new member
    My badge got lost in the mail. How can I pick it up?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    LeavesCat wrote: »
    My badge got lost in the mail. How can I pick it up?

Please read through the last couple pages of the registration thread for advice.

• Lord BarvisLord Barvis Registered User new member
    I'm not sure if this was brought up in another thread, but I was wondering if anyone had a clue as to the lineup order, and whether or not you can show up to the concert late. This will be my first PAX so pardon my ignorance.

• Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    I'm assuming the lineup order is how they are listed, since it seems I recall JC and then Paul and Storm being the last two in previous years.

As far getting in late, I've never had any issue coming and going out of the concert theater at any time in the night. They clear the chairs so there is a ton of space.

• Lord BarvisLord Barvis Registered User new member
    That's what I thought. Thanks! My brother and I are torn between going to Kris and Scott's panel and seeing all of the concerts. We wanted to know which acts we'd miss if we went to Kris and Scott. I assume it'll be Sam Hart and MC Front then :(

• Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    Is it too late to get a medical badge? I'm not sure for what instances they would be used for but the other day I hurt my back. I can stand, but not sit for too long....I'm just thinking about sitting on that concret floor for 2 hours waiting for the expo floor to open and my back starts to really hurt. Any suggestions on what I can do about this? No "don't come" please!! I'm coming and just want to make it as enjoyable experience as possible!

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    See Info Booth for a medical badge when you show up. Medical badges get into expo an hour early on Friday.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • SvinnikSvinnik Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Sadly, I lost my badge and have no idea what to do? What do I do to attend the convention?

Svinnik on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Svinnik wrote: »
    Sadly, I lost my badge and have no idea what to do? What do I do to attend the convention?
    You are likely SoL. You could try emailing registration@paxsite.com but it is likely too late to do something about it.

• SiZoxeSiZoxe Registered User new member
    Does the codes work for EU West aswell?

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Go to the info booth and if one was turned in they may be able to help.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • b33f3rb33f3r Registered User new member
    during the panel an asker made mention of something that sounded to me like "leaden decora". i did not quite understand what was said but the context – which i have now forgotten due to becoming distracted while searching for it – piqued my interest. can anyone help slake my curiosity?
    what i can remember is it was about 10-15 minutes before the end of the panel after mike had finished the comic but not put the two-headed hotdog fairy in yet. he was standing with jerry on the stage answering questions but this question was directed at jerry. the asker was on the left side from the view of the audience. i was watching the stream on twitch and would go back and try and find it myself but the video does not appear in past broadcasts.

• vlad1986vlad1986 Registered User new member
    When I was walking back to my car today I realized I don't have my badge with me anymore. It appears to have fallen off of my lanyard! I have all of the emails, credit card, proof of ID and everything at home as well as the paper that came in the mail with my badge. Is there anything I can do to be able to get back in tomorrow? If I go to the Customer Service/Will Call desk will they be able to help me?

Let me know! If there is someone I can call instead of email let me know too, that would be so much easier!

• dakumauldakumaul Registered User new member
    normally they do work. for both. but warning the code is good for 5 days after pax ends so use it sooner then later. enjoy :)

The force bends to those who's will is strong
  • hlw_rocerhlw_rocer Registered User new member
    These were extremely comfy, and I was wondering what chairs they were.
    I want one :P

This discussion has been closed.