As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NCAA Basketball: Selection Sunday

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    I don't doubt it. I don't watch any of the tigers' games, I only know about them because i listen to the local memphis sports radio guy.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Worth noting: after two games the guy Grantland has writing a "picking the perfect bracket" feature is already done.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    Aaaand Kentucky loses the first game of the NIT to Robert Morris.

Thank you Robert Morris for putting a mercy bullet in the head of this season.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular

Defending NCAA champs too. Wow.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    VeritasVR wrote: »

Defending NCAA champs too. Wow.

It's mostly just a stunning lack of effort on the part of the players. Noel was the only guy on that team who played hard every game, and then he got hurt, so I guess we have an "excuse".

Still, the attitude of this year's team was awful, particularly in comparison to last year's team. Noel's the only one I'd want to stick around, and obviously that's not going to happen. I hope the rest of them get drafted, good riddance.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    We've got Verne for the first round too. I'd be more upset, but I'll be flying to Boston and won't have to hear him.

On the other hand, I'm hoping for Pastner and the Tigers to finally get a NCAA win, so I'll be fretting over that the entire flight. #firstworldproblems

Pastner might get the win, but will he still get crap for his only win being against a play-in team? The knock on him is that he can't win unless he has overwhelming talent, and im not so sure Middle Tennessee State\Saint Mary's alleviates that.

Memphis fans and local sports personality are notorious for moving the goal posts on teams. If he gets a win on Thursday he gets the monkey off his back regardless of who it is, they've had no post season success since Calipari went to UK. Dude can coach, but he hasn't quiet figured out the dealing with egos and leading the team from the sideline IMO.

I recognize the Conference USA is one of the armpits of college basketball, but they've made strides this season. It took Calipari 4 years to find success in the NCAA; win or lose, I'm willing to give Pastner another year to figure it out more.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Worth noting: after two games the guy Grantland has writing a "picking the perfect bracket" feature is already done.

You can't be wrong before the tournament even starts.

• Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    There was at least one game yesterday.

• Options
    There were two. Stupid bullshit shouldn't exist games, but games nonetheless.

• Options

They don't exist unless we acknowledge them. Tournament starts Thursday.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

I refuse to call them "The First Round". They're play-in games. The first round starts when there are 64 teams fighting for a shot to keep going.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »

I refuse to call them "The First Round". They're play-in games. The first round starts when there are 64 teams fighting for a shot to keep going.

Haha, this is my sentiment precisely. I even said as much to a group of my friends and basically made it a wedge issue. If you refer to play-in games as "the 1st round" you can just stop being my friend whenever.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    RaveRave Registered User regular

As an RMU Alum, I couldn't be prouder. Who cares if its the NIT, a win over Kentucky is huge for us.

• Options
    Apparently Syracuse is facing a major NCAA investigation.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Signed up for 2 brackets. I love the parity this year, going to be a lot of fun I hope!

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Rave wrote: »

As an RMU Alum, I couldn't be prouder. Who cares if its the NIT, a win over Kentucky is huge for us.

Yeah, I was actually kind of cheered reading the reactions from the RMU players and fans.

I'm glad Kentucky could make SOMEBODY happy this year, even if it wasn't Wildcat fans. :P

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Based on NIT results, the SEC suuuuuuuuucks.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Well CBSSports bracket site is overloaded. Everyone making their last minute picks and changes.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Annnnnnnd here we go!

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Come on, Memphis.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Jalen Rose is holding court at Bill Simmons' house and it's being live streamed periodically today and tomorrow. It's kind of amazing.

http://www.grantland.com/live

• Options
    edited March 2013
    This Bucknell/Butler game is really good.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Over 70 brackets in my office pool ($10/each) and I'm the only one to pick Duke all the way.

Come on boys, win daddy some cheddar.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Nice whats the payout on your pool? I'm the only one with Ohio State in our pool, only 14 entries though.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man, the internet at the office seems to be running slowly today. Probably unrelated, but the thought amuses me.

• Options
    That flagrant one in the Pitt game is a joke. That happens like 20 times a game in the Big Ten.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    This is the one year I'm not in a pool or online bracket, if my bracket is perfect I may commit seppuku

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The stupid Applebee's commercial cracks me up.
    Bobby Knight saying
    That's not how you throw a chair

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    Nice whats the payout on your pool? I'm the only one with Ohio State in our pool, only 14 entries though.

It's 60/30/10 I believe.

When Duke won it all a few years back I got second place (behind the only other person to also pick Duke all the way).

*shakesfist*

• Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    Looks like Memphis is going to barely hold on against St. Mary's. Doesn't bode well for their tourney run; they had a giant lead in the 1st quarter, and pretty quickly let St. Mary's get back into the game.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    Looks like Memphis is going to barely hold on against St. Mary's. Doesn't bode well for their tourney run; they had a giant lead in the 1st quarter, and pretty quickly let St. Mary's get back into the game.

I feel good about my Michigan St. pick in that next game.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Nice try from St. Mary's - good look at a game winner, but that was a classic example of the moment making you shoot harder than you meant to.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Gonzaga down by 3 early, yes yes embrace the fact you're from washington state and failure is in your heart!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    That was very nearly a spectacular Josh Pastner collapse. Sparty will crush them.

• Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Gonzaga down by 3 early, yes yes embrace the fact you're from washington state and failure is in your heart!

I don't have anything personally against Gonzaga but I would love to see the first 16 def. 1 seed in NCAA history, and they are the most likely.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I like the bulldogs, and Spokane could probably use something nice to cheer for other than a new methadone clinic, but I know that being from washington well their loss is all but assured.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I don't have anything personally against Gonzaga but I would love to see the first 16 def. 1 seed in NCAA history, and they are the most likely.

But do we really want Doug Gotlieb to be right about something?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Curious to see if this is just the traditional 16 seed sticks around for a half game that always happens.

In other news, Marquette's 3 seed should have been ours. Fuck off, committee. Not that I hate our draw that much.

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    ffff man I picked Davidson, they have 1 second to redeem me

• Options
    fortisfortis OhioRegistered User regular
    Fucking Davidson. Man up and take your foul shots instead of winging the ball down the court to take off more time.

This discussion has been closed.