As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    They have a whole set of features for this on Xfinity on Demand. They were playing bits of it while I was looking through their other stuff, but I didn't put it together until I saw the pre-order deal on Steam.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Yes, I am also unsure as to how the show/game thing will work and if it'll be a good thing.

I watched a stream someone linked earlier by DrChiz and he said he saw the 2 hour premier already and really liked the show. So I am hopeful that it turns out well, but I have my doubts.

I can say I am for sure interested in the game based on what I've seen.

• MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    The showrunner appears to be the guy who did Farscape, which was a pretty decent show. It probably won't be amazing but I don't think it'll be dreadful either.

edited March 2013
    Also, lots of the crew from Battlestar Galactica are making the show, too.

Including Bear McCreary.

The show definitely looks like something I'd like.

Hulu has a bunch of clips and stuff on the show, including this nugget: http://www.hulu.com/watch/442541#i0,p10,d1

Man of the Waves on
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    Mgcw wrote: »
    The showrunner appears to be the guy who did Farscape, which was a pretty decent show. It probably won't be amazing but I don't think it'll be dreadful either.

This bit of info was the primary reason I became interested in this game / show. I LOVE Farscape (I just started a re-watch) and I'm hoping that Defiance can re-capture some of its magic. Since I was also a big fan of Rift (I'm still of the opinion it has the best class system ever) I'm hoping that Trion can work their magic on the game, as well. I plan to check out the beta weekend and pre-order (or not) based on how I like it.

steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    The skill system for THIS game looks pretty cool, I'm wondering where the 'cap' is though. Right now you basically choose one of four big main abilities, and then branch off into smaller ones. They are locked off until an adjacent skill has had at least one point put in.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
    Not sure there is a cap. You can unlock the other skills and you have builds that you can switch to freely.

So you could have a build for each skill and just bounce between them as you need/want. Eventually. (Is my guess)

So kinda like with Secret World, neat.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, you can unlock everything, and save different loadouts - you can only have so many perks equipped at once.

Echo on
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, you can unlock everything, and save different loadouts - you can only have so many perks equipped at once.

Oh, so that big ol' grid isn't a "build," it's just the unlock system? Cool.

edited March 2013
    Yeah, the build is which set of them you have equipped.

edit: and here's that calculator for them. http://defiance-central.com/ego-calculator/

Echo on
    Obviously you've got to get the points though, so you wont have -everything- right off the bat. Right?

Nope, you start with nothing and pick one of the four major powers first.

One thing I find a bit annoying is that your visual appearance is just split between headgear (helmets, hats, goggles, whathaveyou) and "outfits", meaning everything else. But eh, we'll see what kind of variety we get there.

One thing I find a bit annoying is that your visual appearance is just split between headgear (helmets, hats, goggles, whathaveyou) and "outfits", meaning everything else. But eh, we'll see what kind of variety we get there.

Yeah, but on the bright side, outfits will match.

Obligatory PA reference:
    238356799_jy85z-L-2.jpg

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »

Obligatory PA reference:
    238356799_jy85z-L-2.jpg

little off topic but is there other companies that do this figure printing for other games?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • BritishDavidBritishDavid Registered User regular
    I have a defiance beta code! Now what is defiance and why should i care?

CjTxUSDXAAEzV5h.jpg
    Xbox | x Dredgen Yor x |
    I, too, received a beta invite.

I already know why I should care, though.

I, too, received a beta invite.

I already know why I should care, though.

Did you preorder through steam? I still haven't gotten mine.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    darkmayo wrote: »
    Bobble wrote: »

Obligatory PA reference:
    238356799_jy85z-L-2.jpg

little off topic but is there other companies that do this figure printing for other games?

You're probably going to have to wait for better 3D printing. It's too much work to CAD these sorts of things up currently.

What is this I don't even.
    No, I didn't.

I signed up a couple days ago and entered all the arkfall codes is all.

I was going to preorder through steam tonight until I got the beta e-mail. Now, I'll probably preorder from GameStop for the physical goodies.

Depending on how the beta goes, of course.

For Steam users, go to your library and select defiance, look on the right side of the screen for CD KEY, input key into your trion account for beta access.

Here's a giveaway for PC beta keys.

No preorder necessary.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    GMG 20% coupons work on this this weekend. And in store credit. Im in. Working on getting the beta. @man_of_the_waves you are a saint

where do i get the client?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    PC beta is on! Yay!

15 day wait to get through the queue.... Nooooo!

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I like a queue that goes into days....
    27 days to go.

akajaybay wrote: »
    I like a queue that goes into days....
    27 days to go.

Doesn't the game release in... 11 days?

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Awe. got a key and plugged it end and no invite email :D

im a waiting .... my queue better not be days!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Servers keep going tits up, but my character is Corrigan and i'll be around most of the morning I think, as soon as I can get in.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    My character is Holiday.

Once we start getting in I'll be "beta testing" for most of the day.

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Going Live at www.twitch.tv/erikthevikinggamer.

EDIT: The servers! They do nothing!

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
    Servers are restarting now.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So I just made a character for the beta and am waiting in queue. Am I just blind or were there no options to change your hairstyle and color?

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    When you make your character, you pick race/gender, click continue. It shows a skin color, facial feature thing. At the top are other sections, including hair and color.

n1woEHJ.png
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Thanks! Somehow I completely missed that top bar.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
    I missed it the first two beta weekends. :p Don't feel bad.

n1woEHJ.png
    Login queue seems to be stuck in place.

• MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    It's stuck in place because the servers aren't currently working.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Yeah I totally missed those character customization options too.
    My female tough veteran seems to have lost her pants between the creation screen and login screen.

akajaybay on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Yeah I totally missed those character customization options too.
    My female tough veteran seems to have lost her pants between the creation screen and login screen.

WOO SPRING BREAK

What is this I don't even.