As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The PAX East 2013 International Food Exchange (How do you like your coffee?)

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Is the meetup 2pm at handheld or tabletop? I will have purple tights and a rockband jacket!

vicechan wrote: »
    A separate booze meet up before the Food Exchange at the Westin actually sounds proper and reasonable to me. For the regular exchange, to repeat, I will post up at the Level 0 Queue/Food Court area at a table at 2 PM on Friday. Obviously, I'll try to get there 15-30 before hand to secure an area. Unless something comes up, I'll be cosplaying as Harry Mason from Silent Hill, I'll have a flashlight on my coat and it'll be on.

(Can you save me a Cabin Fever nip, @ironysparkles? I won't be at the booze meet up, but that sounds delicious.)

Here's my final line up for contribution to the masses:

Lay's Stax Que Rico Limon
    Lay's Stax Que Rico Adobadas
    Mega Stuf Oreos
    Pepperidge Farms Caramel Apple Pie cookies
    Cracker Jack'd Spicy Pizzaria snack mix
    Fesperman's Peppered Beef Jerky (Made in Oklahoma! My favorite jerky!)
    Hardtimes Beef Jerky (another OK original, not Fesp, but very good)
    (possible bonus unknown New York deliciousness)

Special requests:
    Cherry M&M's for @chaosisorder
    S'Mores Pop Tars for @purplebek
    Doritos Dinamita for @sillyzombie666

I love pastries and chocolate if anyone is at a loss for other yummies. ;)

This may be my last post before then, so I'm looking forward to seeing you fine people later this week!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    Beer exchange is happening now in the mezzanine of the Westin. Still missing a couple people...?

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • profanitiprofaniti Brighton, UKRegistered User regular
    Where are you and what do you look like?!

• <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    I was up there. Didn't see anyone with beer and no one called out my hat.

• CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    I had an epic game of Marco polo with my car, I'll make the main exchange

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Albedo12Albedo12 Woking, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Do we have a precise location for the food exchange yet? I'm floating around the food area looking for it

• profanitiprofaniti Brighton, UKRegistered User regular
    Wandered round westln for 25 mins and saw no one with booze!

We're in the queue room, holding up a pink bag of potato chips. We need someone to find a table somewhere.

• KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular
    Table in the back next to food vendors. Where you pick up programs.

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently
    From the talk at the food meet up, beer got shut down by the westin

If you see the big food court banner in the back get to it and the exchange table should be evident

• tanoshiikitanoshiiki Registered User regular
    I'm lost!

Walk to the back and sorta to the left if the expo hall, exit the curtains look at the people to your right with food

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    I got so lost and without wifi i think.i missed you if you wanted me i am sat by the escalators.tp.the doors of exhibit hall C

pax%20sig.png
    Coan wrote: »
    From the talk at the food meet up, beer got shut down by the westin
    Ah, that explains it. Bummer.

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Could we do this again tonorrow?

pax%20sig.png
    edited March 2013
    BEER XCHANGE: due to an unfortunate series of coincidences, the beer exchange got kaiboshed. We'd like to still have it in the privacy of a hotel room. If you've got a room in the Westin and are willing to volunteer, please do. Otherwise we can hold it in our room at the Seaport.

Suggested time: 6:00 pm Friday . 4:00 pm Saturday.

Comments or suggestions?

LexiconGrrl on
    4pm tomorrow works for me. Will we meet in the lobby or can we get to the room without a card ? (Hilton downtown requires a swipe to get on the elevator after a certain time.)

4pm tomorrow works for me. Will we meet in the lobby or can we get to the room without a card ? (Hilton downtown requires a swipe to get on the elevator after a certain time.)

I think regardless of which hotel it's at, meeting in the lobby and then going up together makes the most sense. Nobody should post their room number on the forum.

Mmk, good to know. I'll be wearing my bright yellow beanie if anyone has any doubt as to where we are. Also, I guess this is the place to remind people to be discreet. I understand their reasoning for not wanting outside alcohol as it's impossible to distinguish between responsible and irresponsible people but it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

Sounds good

Btw, I'm enjoying a lovely smuttynose scotch ale right now, tasty!

• Reverend SnideReverend Snide Registered User regular
    Frugus wrote: »
    REPORTING IN

Personally I would pay dearly for some Tim Tams.
    punzie wrote: »
    If anyone is coming from Australia, I'd like to try Australian Oreos to see if they differ from ours like the Canadian ones do. I think I'll be baking with them when I go to PAXtralia and I just want to know how they are now if I can.

The general supply of Antipodean appetizers got munched, but I have kept your special requests separate. :)

@Frugus, what's a good time to catch you?

(@punzie, will catch up with you at one of the stein collection points.)

Have miles, will travel | Twitter | XBL: Reverend Snide | Wii U/PSN: ReverendSnide
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    The meet up was awesome. Thanks to @vicechan for nailing down that time and place. I was overjoyed to see everyone and everything that made it.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    BEER XCHANGE: due to an unfortunate series of coincidences, the beer exchange got kaiboshed. We'd like to still have it in the privacy of a hotel room. If you've got a room in the Westin and are willing to volunteer, please do. Otherwise we can hold it in our room at the Seaport.

Comments or suggestions?

This sounds good to me. I got late into boston so i thought i missed this. Like i said before the Westin is perfect im just wondering if they dont have a conference room available

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

Comments or suggestions?

This sounds good to me. I got late into boston so i thought i missed this. Like i said before the Westin is perfect im just wondering if they dont have a conference room available

It's not a space issue, it's a legality issue that we can go more into detail about in person.

alright.. thats fine with me.. i know i figured things would come up with people exchanging product that has a age restriction on it.. sucks but my hotel room is on morrisy blvd at the ramada.. so i think that is out of the way for everybody.. other than that i could do it here..

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• tanoshiikitanoshiiki Registered User regular
    Got my kinder Bueno whites. Thanks. I would have glady gotten tim tams and Oreos in Australia, but must have missed your post, sorry.

BEER EXCHANGE: since no volunteers have stepped forward at the Westin, this will be held in our room at the Seaport. Meetup in the Plaza lobby at 4:00-4:15. Any strangglers arriving after 4:15 send me a forum PM and we'll get you up here.

Directions: Exit the BCEC and go straight over the overpass. About 200 ft past the T station, the hotel entrance will be to your RIGHT just past the little security shack. Please bee discreet about carrying your beer.

edited March 2013
    Me feet needed a rest so I'm set up in the lobby now near the stairs from the mezzanine level . I have the aforementioned yellow beanie on.

<Omicron-8643> on
    Beers are being exchanged, we are upstairs, so pm lexi

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I WANT TO BE AT PAX EAST .....sadface

also the cheese curds seems to have survived even at semi room temp, so im going to get some french fries heat up the poutine gravy and have me some poutine

sillyzombie666 on
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
    edited March 2013
    sillyzombie666 on
  • xipetotecxipetotec Registered User regular
    Sorry I couldn't make the beer exchange. My brother and I decided to brave the eso line. I still have those two unibroue beers if anyone wants em.

yeah i couldnt make it either.. i had some tournys i was part of.. If anybody would like some local brew from my hometown im willing to trade also i just dont want to bring them and nobody shows. So anybody that is still looking to get together b.c you were busy i will do willing to do this. I have a couple things i want to do so i need advanced knowledge

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015

• xipetotecxipetotec Registered User regular
    had a great time on Friday exchanging lots of goodies. Hope to be able to make it down again next year! Thanks everyone!

@Decius - the best food exchange I've ever seen. (Also, the only food exchange I've ever seen)
    @Chaosisorder - Corncob shaped gummies that taste just like corn? Holy Crap, Those were the most fun thing I've ever eaten. Also, +10 to Mango-Orange Oreos.

Thanks for all the goodies, everybody! I didn't get everyone's names at the exchange, but mad propz to: Tim Tams, Ketchup Chips, Maple Whiskey, and wacky snack mix made from dry ramen noodles.

Did anybody try the cucumber soda? I have 3 bottles at home but haven't had the guts to taste it yet. Maybe in a fizzy bloody mary.

next time i think we should do this in a room, i mean i liked having non forum goers getting interested but at one point people were letting them take any thing they wanted but alot of them thought that every thing was up for grabs and didn't ask the person they were taking from just assuming it was ok. alot of my stuff got taken (even the stuff i had traded for) but it wasn't too bad.

by the way @lexicongrrl that ginger beer was not bad, i eat ginger mints alot and bake ginger snaps alot. it did brun and was strong but it was pretty good.

o you got 3 bottles of the soda? i ended up going for rhubarb and i actually liked it

edited March 2013
    by the way @lexicongrrl that ginger beer was not bad, i eat ginger mints alot and bake ginger snaps alot. it did brun and was strong but it was pretty good. o you got 3 bottles of the soda? i ended up going for rhubarb and i actually liked it

Yeah, I watched your viddy. You wanted weirder stuff? You should have taken the cucumber :) I haven't tried the coffee syrup yet but will report back when we do. Does it have caffeine in it?

Next year I'll just bring wacky sodas and a whole lot of Dixie cups.

EDIT: The Geth are mysterious. Do they like cucumber soda?

LexiconGrrl on
  • SashanSashan Registered User regular
    @Decius - Just curious, did the Iron Bru or Jaffa Cakes I got you even make it home from PAX?

I am guessing no on the Jaffas!!

This discussion has been closed.