As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

2nd Annual PAX East Cult of the Leaf

13»

• Options
    Alpha I OmegaAlpha I Omega Button Pusher in local news Registered User regular
    Heres a pretty decent deal for anyone new that wants to bring some stuff to PAX, they arent super good obviously, but a good bundle none the less(not sure if I can post this, but feel free to remove mods if not)
    http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/075ad910-bed3-4ba9-ab42-e6ef6d481030/maduro-intro-sampler-lighter-shipping

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
    | Here's my BGG if you're a nerd: http://boardgamegeek.com/user/Alpha+I+Omega |
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @Alpha I Omega thanks for the link

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    NP, also on an added note, I ordered this morning and went to order something online tonight, and wanted to combine the orders, so I called them, and they said it was shipped out already(really nice) but would offer me free shipping on the new order. Amazing CS, and would highly recommend this site.
    Also, doesnt hurt to call them and ask for free shipping instead of buying online ;)

| Xbox Live GT: Alpha I Omega | PAX's Attended: Prime '11, Prime '12, Prime '13, East '13, Prime '14, Prime '15 |
    | Astro Gaming Chat Expert and Community Leader | Bacon Aficionado | Ewok Assassin |
  • Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    adastra wrote: »
    So suddenly I've found myself flying to PAX instead of driving (yay $120 fare!) which significantly cuts down on the amount of stuff I can bring along. I'd been planning to bring at least one spare humidor to give away, but it may or may not fit in my luggage. I suspect I won't know until I'm actually packing and deciding what to bring and what to ditch.

I've also asked for my Enforcer shifts to be at night, so I may be late to the party once again. If I do have stuff to share, I'll see if someone else can bring it out to the meetup before I get there. That seemed to work well last year!

Adastra- I'll try to find you prior if you want it to be delivered to said activities- and so that I can drop off my Peacemaker for you! If not, I have no worry that I'll be able to find you at some point!

Since this goes late, it should work out though!

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    KuozarKuozar Registered User regular
    I am an amateur cigar smoker and am looking forward to this!

I will be in town Thursday morning and would definitely be interested in meeting up Thursday night if people will be.

• Options
    PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Kuozar wrote: »
    I am an amateur cigar smoker and am looking forward to this!

I will be in town Thursday morning and would definitely be interested in meeting up Thursday night if people will be.

I'll be at the PokeCrawl and Gamenight and will have my Backwoods with me.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Alright all, PAX is ready to roll!

Got your Tobacco of Choice ready, or are you ready to swap for something new?

I will have at least once Peacemaker for trade (This is a really special cigar) if anyone has anything equivalent (or interesting enough)

A Peacemaker is a 3-hour long smoke, with a triple-flavor cascade that changes every hour or so.

Some people can smoke them in an hour and a half, but I don't see the point to that....

I'll have some other random choices- I'm going to cull the humidor for PAX and hand out many things.

Remember: Friday, Right After concert unless weather hates us, next to the nice large signs on our right, when walking out the front door!

Kiashien on

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    So all three of my lighters were dry. Need to buy more butane...

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    Direwolf wrote: »
    So all three of my lighters were dry. Need to buy more butane...

I will bring Butane if you have need.

• Options
    @Kiashien It's easy to get, just have to remember.

Also an opportunity for a PSA: The TSA prohibits torch lighters, even in checked luggage (I'm unsure whether this applies if the lighter is empty of fuel). If you pick up a torch lighter in trade, be aware you may not be able to fly it home.

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    Direwolf wrote: »
    @Kiashien It's easy to get, just have to remember.

Also an opportunity for a PSA: The TSA prohibits torch lighters, even in checked luggage (I'm unsure whether this applies if the lighter is empty of fuel). If you pick up a torch lighter in trade, be aware you may not be able to fly it home.

I will, at barest minimum, have a torch lighter as I am local, and not bound to the TSA.

I will bring spare butane, and you are all welcome to my lighter- when in doubt, there will be at least mine :)

• Options
    ravnos13ravnos13 Somerville, MARegistered User regular
    Local here - I will also have my lighter for others to use freely.

fss_overall.png

Passes: Acquired | Buttons: Acquired | April: Too far away...
  • Options
    Le_GoatLe_Goat Frechified Goat Person BostonRegistered User regular
    100+ to Charisma to whomever brings Doctor Klahn for lighting purposes:

kfm11.jpg

Also, a high-five for anyone who gets the reference without needing to look up who Dr. Klahn is.

While I agree that being insensitive is an issue, so is being oversensitive.
  • Options
    I just packed up my crate of cigars.

I'm afraid my butane container appears to be flawed, and traveling with it (in any capacity) would unfortunately be dangerous, so once my torch lighter is out, it's out :(

I brought some wood matches as well though,

• Options
    KuozarKuozar Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, will anyone have a puncher? I have some cigars that aren't cut.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I'm super jealous of you folks. I just started enjoying the very occasional cigar this past year and would have really liked the chance to sample a bit with a group. I couldn't work out being at PAX Friday - and I promise I won't wish rain on you to force you to move it till tomorrow when I am in town :)

Any chance you folks could post a few recommendations of some of the better stuff you partake/partook of tonight?

• Options
    adastraadastra Registered User regular
    I'll be sending a humidor out to the meetup with one of my roommates, and I'll see if I can swing by before it's over - I'm technically working until 3AM, so it may or may not work out. Happy smoking! :)

• Options
    edited March 2013
    [REDACTED] Prob cant make it now :( Womp womp, would have loved to go!

Alpha I Omega on
  • Options
    Sent someone down with that humidor... he apparently couldn't find @Kiashien (I'd suggested that he might be a good person to give it to, and easy to find with that bobcat), so he brought it back to our room. I really don't want to fly back to Maryland with this humidor (I want to fill that space in my suitcase with swag and games). Is there someone who would like to take it off my hands? Or are you getting together again Saturday night/Sunday morning, and we can try again?

• Options
    I would take it depending on the size, when could you meet me to show it?

• Options
    It's this 20-count, slightly different art:
    http://www.cigarsinternational.com/humidors/37427/cigar-mosaic-humidor/

I'm working again tonight, but I'm planning to send a roommate out to the big sign again tonight around 2AM just in case people meet up. So if there's anyone around who'd like it... that's an option.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    We showed up later thinking it would be starting at 2am last night and missed most people!
    @adastra there were several new smokers out there that would appreciate the humidor I bet. We assumed it was for someone in specific. I think it might happen again tonight but I don't know what time.

• Options
    The humidor found a home! I just end up accumulating these things when I buy samplers, and I have a nice pair of humidors at home already. It's too tempting to fill more if I keep them... ;)

It seems like it would be better to set a definite start time rather than tie it to the concert's end, for folks who aren't attending the concert and would like to join in. Or you could set up a Twitter/text alert when it's beginning.

• Options
    I still have my smoke without a cutter or matches so id love to do another meetup

• Options
    @Adastra I tried to find you, but you were working in The Secret Place so I wasn't actually able to find you :(

I'll do my best next year I guess. I missed Enforcer Apps this ear due to crazy workness, but I intend to fix that next year. I seem to have plenty of references now a days. :P

Anyway, it was a fun time, if much colder this year- I gave out what I can.

Someone pointed out that if everyone brought things to give away, then no one would be there to take it.... well fine. We can trade.

To avoid the issue with trying to get things from
    Enforcers, I suggest we set up a swap-point early-mid day for people who want to drop off things early on.

@Adastra, I'll be PMing you in a minute. :P

• Options
    Thanks for coming all!