As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Entered a key and waiting for the email. Guess I'll Trials it up and watch Erik til I see the key.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Entered a key and waiting for the email. Guess I'll Trials it up and watch Erik til I see the key.

same boat since this am. Its slow in coming.....

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    So I've been able to make it to the cutscene right after character creation. Every time I get to the loading screen after that I time out. I'm getting a message saying the servers aren't available, but the official twitter account says the PC servers should be good to go. Whooo beta!!

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Beta! Whoooo! This is nice, gonna either dick around with Defiance(If I can), or Neverwinter for most of the day before work.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    H0b0man wrote: »
    So I've been able to make it to the cutscene right after character creation. Every time I get to the loading screen after that I time out. I'm getting a message saying the servers aren't available, but the official twitter account says the PC servers should be good to go. Whooo beta!!

Friend of mine has the exact same thing.

Oh, and a helpful PSA: to quit the game, to to a menu (press L or something), then hold Space to get a command ring, and logging out is under Settings.

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Getting into the game is a maze of confusion! Getting out is even harder.

I am at work :( I will watch Erik play and silently curse you and hope your life is interesting.

We'll see how much I actually play this weekend. I've done the previous two beta weekends as well as being in the alpha, I don't think I can be arsed doing it all over again what with launch being just over a week away.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Finally got in. Just finished the intro mission. If anybody feels like grouping up to shoot things then send Agran an invite. Meanwhile I'm going to try to figure out how to get my very own four wheeler.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Finally got in. Just finished the intro mission. If anybody feels like grouping up to shoot things then send Agran an invite. Meanwhile I'm going to try to figure out how to get my very own four wheeler.

They've changed it, you get it after a few missions now.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Is the invite system broken? Can't find my buddy when searching, /invite doesn't work either.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    I'm so no going to get invited today a this point. Doh

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    Duh, we were on different regions. So yeah, characters aren't global, they're saved per region, just like in Rift.

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I'm making a clan: We Are Nice Guys.

Message Holiday (account buckarooholiday) for an invite, I guess. Let's see how it works.

Man of the Waves on
  • vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    This is a very rad game. The shooting feels nice, it all seems quite polished and there's a bunch of stuff to do and shoot.

Cover is important, and there is plenty of it. Until Hellbugs.

Then you shotgun and run.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    The Arkfall events are... crazy, the big one at least.

Grant Bowler is on their stream now. He's the main dude in the show, and he's pretty funny.

www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

Does anyone know how to message people?

Im in- how do i link up with you guys?

Oh. I have four beta keys from my Steam preorder.

Also, you guys need to try the "co-op maps". That's the dungeon equivalents.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    @Echo Since you still seem so into this, I would like to try it. If you can spare a beta key, I'd like to try it. If it's a GOOD FPS MMO, I'd be down.

What is this I don't even.
    PM me your email.

I logged out and came back after an hour or so and the clan I created was gone.

I'll be back later and we can try to form a clan, if anyone is interested.

Anyone else randomly get 'Bits'? I got a bunch and bought an outfit and a truck.

There's several different forms of currency for some reason.

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    Send Corehealer a friend request if you wanna play with me, I'll be hopping on and off tonight.

I also sent one to Holiday as well, Man of the Waves.

488W936.png
    send core and holday a friend dealie but it said they didnt exist

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary The softer edge of the universe.Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    send core and holday a friend dealie but it said they didnt exist

I do too exist! Silly game.

488W936.png
    There's several different forms of currency for some reason.

Bits is the cash shop monies. Scrip(why not call it scrap?) is the general currency. There's also another one, the green one, which is for so far stuff like the 'keys' that let you buy loot chests.

The loot chest thing is a neat idea, BUT I wish they existed here and there out in the world. I thought they would with how the ammo boxes opened up, but sadly they don't seem to exist.

Scrip is just a word for substitute currency.

The game world does feel a bit barren without resource nodes.

pretty solid game. I'm enjoying this a lot.

Add Mojojoeo if you are on.

Im in game as Corrigan now. Ctrl -> Find Player -> Corrigan and add as friend. :D

n1woEHJ.png
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    I am liking this a lot so far.

You have to accept a friend request to be on the list btw, so if you don't instantly get my friend stuff make sure to let me know that you friended me so I can accept. The ui is a bit unintuitive at the start.

n1woEHJ.png
    Okay, the clan is up and running, just message any of the names posted above for an invite.

I'll soak you in my metals.

Alt - dodge roll. There's no limit. If you get bio'd you can just roll away. It's slowed too but much faster than walking.

To apply mods click the disassembly tab and pop in a gun... You can choose to ad a mod or disassemble it From there. Higher quality means more mod slots- with the ability to purchase slots with ark resources as well. An best of all they show up in game on the gun.... Pretty cool.

Every thing you do has an experience bar. Each gun. Each vehicle. More you use it the harder it hits/ faster it goes.

87D3484054A1AEE54318FB0E496B2C4373D631BA

488W936.png
    Having fun with this, alternating between it and Neverwinter. Will be on tomorrow afternoon/evening sometime.

488W936.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Anyone figured out how to talk in group or guild chat? I couldn't manage it and eventually lost my text output completely.

So that was a bummer.

On the other hand, the game is fun as all hell. I'm really enjoying it. I picked Cloak to serve as a get out of jail free card, and its working pretty admirably.

Combat, for me, goes along the lines of SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN GRENADE DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA -oh sweet mother of mercy I'm being shot full of holes- CLOAK regen time. ...SHOTGUN SHOTGUN SHOTGUN DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA.

With some running and screaming and hiding behind crates and walls thrown in somewhere. I got a shield that regens after 2.5 seconds, so I'm pretty okay to be ducking in and out of fire, but some guys really do have a rough time with the starter 6 second shield. The game is not all that terribly easy if you decide to approach combat the wrong way. You can get swarmed and ripped to shreds if you're not careful.

I love the shotguns because they send people careening off into the distance. Flying ragdolls please me.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg