As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 BYOC Information

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    whistles innocently

Vapok on
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
  • taumesontaumeson PAX PC Room Manager Minnesota?Registered User regular
    Vapok wrote: »
    For background info, we had to change from 8 foot tables to 6 foot table without affecting switch placements.

For the record, it's the same size tables we had last year, with a little bit more room per attendee (3 feet per attendee instead of 2.6666666666666666666666666666667)

yBfDKg5.png
  • WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    No BYOC Badge yet......***biting fingernails***

Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    WackBag wrote: »

Make sure you email registration@paxsite.com. You should do that now, if you haven't already.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    Vapok
    Vapok wrote: »

Make sure you email registration@paxsite.com. You should do that now, if you haven't already.

Done...

Pax East 2014 checklist:
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I got a quick question...

ARE YOU EXCITED!?!?!??!?!

• sidran32sidran32 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    s7arbuck wrote: »
    Hey guys, I got a quick question...

ARE YOU EXCITED!?!?!??!?!

Clearly not as much as your avatar is.

fss_overall.png
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    That airship case looks fantastic. Sad that it won't be around.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • komkidkomkid Registered User new member
    When do we get our BYOC Badges?

8626.png
    49004.png
    45749.jpg
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    komkid wrote: »
    When do we get our BYOC Badges?

You should have it by now. Please read up in the thread on what to do if you do not have it.

• mpizzimpizzi Registered User regular
    Hey, is anyone going to be playing Special Forces Team X? Its Lan-Capable and fairly light package on steam.

• sarysary 100% pure awesomesauce manchester, nhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    So, the map says entrance via taxi is the north lobby - any reason we can't be dropped off at Southwest 1? or are there like, reverse Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grills that only let equipment in that entrance, and not test subjects attendees?

(I figure there might be security procedures with what entrances to use, but I also figure there's no harm in asking :) taxis are a bit more flexible in drop-off points than buses/trains...)

sary on
    Twitter: @seryseraphical

PAX East 2012 Omeganaut. Awesomest. Time. Ever.
    My friends got a room at the Westin for Thursday night, in which we will be staying. I assume that bringing my system down from the hotel room should be relatively easy? Will there be any signage that'd point me in the right direction, so I don't end up having to lug all that stuff here and there while getting lost? :)

fss_overall.png
    sary wrote: »
    So, the map says entrance via taxi is the north lobby - any reason we can't be dropped off at Southwest 1? or are there like, reverse Aperture Science Material Emancipation Grills that only let equipment in that entrance, and not test subjects attendees?

(I figure there might be security procedures with what entrances to use, but I also figure there's no harm in asking :) taxis are a bit more flexible in drop-off points than buses/trains...)

As far as I know, the Aperature Testing team (POTATO) will not be present at PAX East this year. As for the rest of your question... well... no clue.

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    sidran32 wrote: »
    My friends got a room at the Westin for Thursday night, in which we will be staying. I assume that bringing my system down from the hotel room should be relatively easy? Will there be any signage that'd point me in the right direction, so I don't end up having to lug all that stuff here and there while getting lost? :)

Having stayed in the Westin last year, I do not believe there will be signage, but I can provide you with directions
    Leaving the skybridge, go left, then continue until you get to the second escalator, take either it or the nearby elevator to floor 1, cross the skybridge that divides PC and Tabletop, entrance to PC will be to your right

JfqWFk8.png
    Kilonum wrote: »
    sidran32 wrote: »

Having stayed in the Westin last year, I do not believe there will be signage, but I can provide you with directions
    Leaving the skybridge, go left, then continue until you get to the second escalator, take either it or the nearby elevator to floor 1, cross the skybridge that divides PC and Tabletop, entrance to PC will be to your right

This is awesome, thanks!

fss_overall.png
  • TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    I remember being able to check in PCs on Thursday night last year. Is this still a thing?

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
    I sincerely doubt that was a thing last year. Never heard of that happening.

• DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    I remember being able to check in PCs on Thursday night last year. Is this still a thing?

You have a very bad memory or very deep pockets to bribe security... not sure which

• perfectbebopperfectbebop Registered User regular
    Dolarrah wrote: »

You have a very bad memory or very deep pockets to bribe security... not sure which

My group was remembering the same way, but I think what you're recalling was being able to pick up your BYOC pass on site the night before. We got into town about 6 minutes after they packed up on Thursday. We celebrated this failure by going to Cambridge Brewing Company. We regretted nothing the following morning when we set up quietly and carefully.

• perfectbebopperfectbebop Registered User regular
    Will "Guy who rode in on a motorcycle and built his computer onsite from borrowed parts from the internet" be in attendance again this year?

• thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    That's a hefty title to be waving around

Dolarrah wrote: »

My group was remembering the same way, but I think what you're recalling was being able to pick up your BYOC pass on site the night before. We got into town about 6 minutes after they packed up on Thursday. We celebrated this failure by going to Cambridge Brewing Company. We regretted nothing the following morning when we set up quietly and carefully.

This is what it was. I arrived 10 minutes late for badge pickup and the guard mumbled something about not being able to drop off my tower because I didn't have a pass- thanks!

8elUgf9.png

• BAYKOBAYKO Registered User new member
    Looking to buy a saturday pass/participate in cs:go tourney! ANY1 selling / need a 5th???? can message me on ESEA website my username is BAYKO - or add me on steam ( keepitedge )

• mijit88mijit88 Registered User regular
    Will "Guy who rode in on a motorcycle and built his computer onsite from borrowed parts from the internet" be in attendance again this year?
    Yes he shall, hes drving to my place now, but he wont be building from mine and everyones scraps this year, hence he had to drive not ride.

• Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    I'm stuck in traffic just up the ramp past the south parking due to all the buses!

If you're having a problem with drop off, there's currently some miscommunication so its getting sorted out

8elUgf9.png

• taumesontaumeson PAX PC Room Manager Minnesota?Registered User regular
    So....this is going pretty well this year, yes? I may be biased, but I like what I'm seeing.

yBfDKg5.png
  • mpizzimpizzi Registered User regular
    can someone give me the accurate time for BYOC check in my buddy went today they said 10 am, the site says 8 am, im confused

• hendusoonehendusoone Registered User regular
    taumeson wrote: »
    So....this is going pretty well this year, yes? I may be biased, but I like what I'm seeing.
    Yes! It is going well! The seat selection thing was a bit weird, but it seems to have worked well enough. No crazy problems like last year's network disaster, so kudos!

8hiRK4y.png
    I've even been able to get in some time with Guild Wars 2, and several people around me have been playing a lot of LoL. I'm impressed! So far, so good!

fss_overall.png
    mpizzi wrote: »
    can someone give me the accurate time for BYOC check in my buddy went today they said 10 am, the site says 8 am, im confused

Sorry it's late and may not be useful anymore but it was 8. However, I got down at about 7:45 on Friday and they let me in to set up, even.

fss_overall.png
    Remind me again what time BYOC opens this morning.

Pax East 2014 checklist:
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013

Well, I thought it was 8AM, just like yesterday, but the MCAA staff certainly seem bound and determined to keep people out of the area. @s7arbuck or @Vapok, can we get an official answer on what the BYOC official hours are for Saturday and Sunday, so we're not either frustrated, or violating convention center directives?

Edit - just asked the [E] team here, and apparently we're not supposed to be allowed down here until 10. So, plan accordingly . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

Khadour wrote: »

Well, I thought it was 8AM, just like yesterday, but the MCAA staff certainly seem bound and determined to keep people out of the area. @s7arbuck or @Vapok, can we get an official answer on what the BYOC official hours are for Saturday and Sunday, so we're not either frustrated, or violating convention center directives?

Edit - just asked the [E] team here, and apparently we're not supposed to be allowed down here until 10. So, plan accordingly . . .

Yeah, I think it was 8 on Friday for people coming with three day passes (which I assume most BYOC attendees probably are doing), so they could set up early before the big rush at open.

fss_overall.png
  • A.SabotA.Sabot Boston, MaRegistered User regular
    Just wanted to say thanks for an amazing BYOC S7arbuck. I think it went very well, and can not wait to go to BYOC with you next year. Hopefully I can go to prime!

Pax East 2016: BYOC [x], 3 Day Passes [x], car[x], license[x], new computer[x]
  • JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    @s7arbuck, You did an awesome job this year, hope I see you at the upcoming BYOC's.

BYOC:
    Amazing job with he BYOC this year. Internet was surprisingly fast, location was awesome and competitions where fun as usual. Had a really great time, big improvement on last year.Thanks for the prizes I won! Can't wait for prime!! Hope to see many of you in either 6 months of one year.

Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
  • itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Just wanted to thank the staff and Enforcers for another great BYOC. Didn't get to spend as much as I would have liked this year, but the internet speed was plenty peppy and there was almost always a fun TF2 game afoot. Thanks again to everyone and hopefully will see you all next year!

signature.png
  • Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    BYOC was better than last year.

The only issue that I had was the miscommunication on our ability to load/unload at the BYOC drop-off @ Southwest 1 Friday Morning. We were able to load up with no hassle on Sunday.

Hopefully there wont be anymore miscommunication. I was fortunate to bring 2-wheeled hand carts :)

I am sad that someone lost their BYOC badge but the enforcers were there to keep things secure.

Too many things were going on Saturday Night so I missed out on a lot :(

Onwards to PAX East 2014!

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Out of curiosity were there alot of no shows? A couple of times when I was walking across the bridge I noticed quite a few empty spaces in between PC's.

This space for rent