As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect 3] Bioware doing a ME3 MP map survey for those interested.

DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does StuffYou Know, There. Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Games and Technology

cerberuslogo.png

unledpev.png
Mass Effect Wiki - Suicide Mission Guide (ME2) - Import Saves (ME1/2 PC & XBOX ONLY) -
Face Codes (ME2)

300pxme3logo.png
Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth. Available Everywhere NOW.

List of Origin/XBL/PSN names here! (Join here!)

Join the Steam group!

Xbox Metatag = PennyA ME3

ME3 Pre-Release Videos
Normandy Tour 2 - Normandy Tour - Hijacking an Atlas - Palaven Gameplay - Live Action Trailer - Mars Gameplay - Galaxy Map - CG Trailer - FemShep Trailer - Ruthless and Intelligent Enemies - Adrenaline-Pumping Gameplay - Integrated Storytelling - Customizable Arsenal - Voice Cast - Multiplayer Trailer - James Vega - Tuchanka Gameplay - Squad Leader Gameplay - E3 Trailer - Earth Demo - Sur'Kesh Demo - Reaper Base Demo - Kinect Demo

ME3 DLC Videos
Leviathan - Omega - Extended Cut Interview - Resurgence - Rebellion - Earth - Retaliation - Reckoning - Citadel

More Mass Effect

Games!
200pxmasseffectoriginal.jpg masseffectgalaxylogo.jpg
200pxfinalboxartme2.jpg

Comics!
180pxmasseffectredempti.jpg 180pxmasseffectevolutio.png 180pxmasseffectinvasion.jpg 73322203.png
200pxme2aria.png 43458948.png vegat.png

Books!
230pxmerevelation.jpg 190pxmeascension.jpg 190pxmeretributioncover.jpg 190pxmasseffectdeceptio.png

A motion picture! + An anime!

Community Sundries

@TychoCelchuuu has been kind enough to provide peeks at Commander Shepard's facebook page:
one |two| three | FOUR! | FIVE!!

@GoodKingJayIII provided the following way to skip much of the introduction for the PC version of ME2:
A lot of people don't like the opening 10 minute intro movie, but there is a way to get rid of it. Go to:

C:....mass effect 2\BioGameMovies

Change the extension of the following files to .bak:

Opening_End_Seq.bik

Opening_End_SeqFM.bik

Opening_Seq_INT.bik

ProCer_300_FirstFlight.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_INT.bak

ProNor_Pod2.bik

ProNorEscape.bik

ProNorEscapeAsh.bik

ProNorEscapeKaid.bik

ME2_Opening_SunMid_ESN.bik

ME_EAsig_720p_v2_raw.bak

BWLogo.bak

ProNor_Shepard_Rebuilt.bik

This will not get rid of everything, you still have to watch the non-CGI cutscenes and Save Joker. But it does cut down quite a bit. If you want those movies back just rename them to .bik again. If you're worried your renaming the wrong thing, you can download a BIK palyer and confirm the files.

3. For those who hate planet scanning and hacking, there is an easy ini file edit floating around. This is just a colaseced editor that you guys have already been playing with but this one seemed pretty idiot proof to me. This again needs an external program but is non-excutable.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjjzlzzzmyj

This has all kinds of stuff like god mode, extra weapons, infinite ammo etc., but if you just want the money, just use it to get your resources, save, then exit the game and revert to the non-hacked state.

@korodullin has kindly offered some R&R with a wonderful game of bingo!

bingofinalv2.jpg

@Spoit has a far more simple variation:
me2bingo.jpg

@curly haired boy strikes back with awesome wallpapers taken from the ME2:
@Orca has kindly complied all of the shamelessly awful pictures posted in this thread.

@Orca explains how to transfer ME1 to Origin:
From the other thread, enter your info here: https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

then create or link an existing EA classic account. Origin should figure out what's up without you doing anything more at that point.

*If buying ME somewhere other than Origin and it doesn't contain BDTS or PS, contact Origin CS and they can get it fixed for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG2mdZ23eP8
-Tal wrote: »

Massive. End. Spoilers. DO NOT CLICK. SERIOUSLY.

From @Yougottawanna a Brilliant dissection as to why the ending is so bad in Red Letter Media Style:
And a followup:
From @manwiththemachinegun SECRET TRUE ENDING HHEYYYYAAA!!!!!

True Last Boss!

Bioware Blog Where official announcements about pending Multiplayer weekend events are made.
MP Build Simulator
Mass Effect 3 MP Weapon Data
Mass Effect 3 MP Wave Composition Chart
Bioware Resistance Multipliers Thread
For a list of your obtained equipment and their respective levels, check your Bioware Social account. Go to "My Games" and click Mass Effect 3 in the pop-up box and then choose Multiplayer Manifest.

Special thanks to @-Tal for putting together an awesome OP.
The OP has been stolen so many fucking times. We're gonna fill up the OP with credits. :D
OP Shamelessly stolen from @forar who stole it from @The Dude With Herpes who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @forar who stole it from @jdarksun who stole it from @-Tal
Taramoor wrote: »
The following was posted by a BioWare mod as an apology for the online pass issue, which they're working on.
tumblr_m28k0axzRD1rq5i6do1_500.jpg
830pxinterrupticons.png
And last, but certainly not least: The TRUE Hero of Mass Effect
u8BWP.gif

Dragkonias on

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Quads.

Thank God someone didn't mess up the first post.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    quads.

do we still do that

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Quads.
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    quads.

do we still do that

Empirically,

yes, we do.

edited March 2013
    Rudimentary creatures of blood, and flesh, you touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own.
    You cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am the Mass Effect 3 thread.

Mass Effect 3 thread, a label created by the fans to give voice to their destruction.
    In the end, what they choose to call us is irrelevant. We simply, are.

Confidence born of ignorance, the cycle cannot be broken.

The pattern has repeated itself more times than you can fathom.
    Discussions about quads, ME3's ending, multiplayer and non romanceable NPCs evolve, advance and at the apex of their glory, they are extinguished.
    These fans were not the first. They did not create the thread.
    They merely found them, the legacy of my kind.

Your culture is based on the endless arguments of the Mass Effect threads, our culture.
    By using it, your society develops along the paths we desire.
    We impose order on the chaos of NSFW fanart.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

We have no beginning, we have no end, we, are infinite.
    Millions of years after this thread has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure.

My kind transcends your very understanding.
    We are each a nation, independent, free of all weakness.
    You cannot even grasp the nature of our existence.

We are legion. The time of our return is coming.
    Our numbers will darken the sky of every world.
    You cannot escape your doom.

Your words are as empty as your future.
    I am the vanguard of your destruction.
    This exchange is over.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Delicious new thread smell. Really need to get around to finishing my replaythrough of ME1, because I wanna be able to save Conrad and I don't believe in save editing/downloading.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Man. I wonder what we're going to do with the OP when ME4 comes out.

Might be time to finally say goodbye to the old girl(when ME4 comes out that is).

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Collectors are bullshit, gold is bullshit, dragoons are bullshit, and my sound going out for a wave and a half is bullshit.

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    @Shadowhope puts on his man face and solos half a Cerberus lategame wave because the rest of us were noobs.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Fun times, @strikor @Captain Carrot and @Maz

I was feeling badass, carrying part of a gold round on collectors, thinking "maybe I scored a little higher this time, like slot number 2 or something!" Noooooope.

I am glad I picked Turian Havoc for that match, though, that guy is a beast.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Well, I have a confession about that...
    I'm a Green ending person.

I know, I know, fucking space magic hippie but I can't stand the other two endings.

Red makes it pretty clear that the Geth and EDI won't survive. Sorry, not down with that. And it does it in a way with the Extended Ending that I can't pretend that portion away. This makes it a complete non-option.

Blue is a bad choice. Sure, turning Shepard into an omnipresent Space Police Force is tempting, but it really feels like Starchild appeasement to me. Like that's what he wanted, and its what he convinced TIM that he wanted. I know Shepard's a stronger person but Blue just kinda pisses in my cereal.

Green is dumb. But its the kind of dumb that makes me happy. Shut up.

Choosing Green also makes it really hard to imagine Citadel post-ending.
    I think the green ending can be seen as disgustingly racist. It explicitly says that two different kinds of people can never get along in harmony based on nothing but their inherent differences, and that the only solution to this false-problem is to mix them together, by force I might add, without consent. At best it is a silly, dumb ending. At worst, one could read a lot of dark shit in that ending.

Yeeaaaaaaah that was pretty much my feeling on Green at first blush, the unfortunate implications.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    I really really really want to buy Mass Effect 3 again for my PC so I don't have to bother with resubbing to Gold on my Xbox and so I can shoot aliens, naked in my bed instead of the cold heartless monster that is the couch.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    All the endings are various degrees of shit-sandwich, whether in the meta sense or just in universe.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    I really really really want to buy Mass Effect 3 again for my PC so I don't have to bother with resubbing to Gold on my Xbox and so I can shoot aliens, naked in my bed instead of the cold heartless monster that is the couch.

You know it's on sale for like $10 on Origin right now, right? $15 if you want to get Javik for SP.

• drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Oh damn. Let me get all up in that.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Collectors are bullshit, gold is bullshit, dragoons are bullshit, and my sound going out for a wave and a half is bullshit.

And you being completely invisible was the most bullshit of all :P

Would've made the game a tad easier if I knew where you were trying to tank the enemies. Since I couldn't see you I also couldn't rez you, so sorry if I ran past your bleeding, dying body a couple of times :P

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    On this replay of ME3 i've been doing I went through Leviathan for the first time. It was pretty good, and rather integral to understanding the full story, but...

Well, it kind of makes the argument at the end of the game even more bullshit.
    "Synthetics are always destined to destroy organic life."

Er... no, not really. You're working off of one test case. A group of asshole space cuttlefish ruled the galaxy, then created a group of asshole robot space cuttlefish in their image. These asshole robot space cuttlefish then rebelled, thinking that they had to harvest organic life in order to save it.

Ok? Maybe it's not the synthetic part, maybe it's because they were synthetics created by megalomaniacal space cuttlefish. Hell, even in the geth/quarian example problems only came about because the organics overreacted and started the war. The synthetics would have been perfectly happy to coexist in that scenario, and it's even possible to have that actually play out during gameplay.

Bleh.

But, all this has probably been covered to hell and back since i'm getting into these DLCs so late.

Aistan on
    I don't think you did, not that you can see dick while the camera lingers on your corpse.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    I earned my First Anniversary badge today. So I guess that makes it a year ago today that I became so engrossed with Mass Effect that I just had to see what other people were saying about it as well.

I don't think you did, not that you can see dick while the camera lingers on your corpse.

Alright then.
    There was also that one time where I died, got resurrected but somehow lost control of my character afterwards for 5 seconds or so, and I could only look at him while he stood there in T pose.

All that would've been bad enough on itself in any match, but against Collectors on Gold..ugh.

Wave 9 was fucking endless, it must've went on for nearly 10 minutes or so. You did excellent there, @cambiata . Maybe you as well carrot, but I couldn't really tell :P

Silver afterwards felt like a nice, relaxing vacation.

Aistan wrote: »
    On this replay of ME3 i've been doing I went through Leviathan for the first time. It was pretty good, and rather integral to understanding the full story, but...

Er... no, not really. You're working off of one test case. A group of asshole space cuttlefish ruled the galaxy, then created a group of asshole robot space cuttlefish in their image. These asshole robot space cuttlefish then rebelled, thinking that they had to harvest organic life in order to save it.

Ok? Maybe it's not the synthetic part, maybe it's because they were synthetics created by megalomaniacal space cuttlefish. Hell, even in the geth/quarian example problems only came about because the organics overreacted and started the war. The synthetics would have been perfectly happy to coexist in that scenario, and it's even possible to have that actually play out during gameplay.

Bleh.

But, all this has probably been covered to hell and back since i'm getting into these DLCs so late.

That's what I liked about Leviathan.
    It made a rational explanation for why the argument at the end was bullshit- the Starchild had some incredibly imperfect creators.

Phoenix138 wrote: »
    I earned my First Anniversary badge today. So I guess that makes it a year ago today that I became so engrossed with Mass Effect that I just had to see what other people were saying about it as well.

Congrats!
    I didn't register here because of ME, but I think I made my first post in one of the old threads.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

Bleh.

It made a rational explanation for why the argument at the end was bullshit- the Starchild had some incredibly imperfect creators.

Oh, absolutely. Of course, i'm someone who didn't mind the original ending that much to begin with.
    Pushes me even more towards Destroy being the 100% correct answer in my opinion.

The only problem is afterwards, i'm pretty sure the remaining space cuttlefish will try to recreate their empire again. 400 war assets in exchange for potentially dooming the galaxy again once the war is over.

Bleh.

Oh, absolutely. Of course, i'm someone who didn't mind the original ending that much to begin with.
    Pushes me even more towards Destroy being the 100% correct answer in my opinion.

The only problem is afterwards, i'm pretty sure the remaining space cuttlefish will try to recreate their empire again. 400 war assets in exchange for potentially dooming the galaxy again once the war is over.

Well there's always going to be a new threat.
    That was one of the things that bothered me most about the in-game argument against Red- yeah this will end the current conflict but in a few hundred thousand years or so there's a chance you'll be exterminated by AI. It's like yeah well that's OK. I didn't come here to end all conflicts forever. For now I'm fine with just stopping you from killing all my friends.

If not for the stupid EDI and the Geth will also die that got thrown in just because, Red would be my ending.

• ValiantheartValiantheart Registered User regular
    These threads are moving silly fast.

PSN: Valiant_heart PC: Valiantheart99
  • Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular

Yeah I earned my 3 year badge yesterday

Joined for the Mass Effect thread

stuck around for the awesome community over the whole forums

I'd like to think it's someone at Bioware's job to measure how quickly the Mass Effect thread moves as an indicator of the popularity of the franchise.

"We're at 5.2 PAs this week, looks like people really liked that DLC"

struggling to see where the AIU is balanced to be honest

infinite lives is a bit broken.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    haha and that's the nerfed repair matrix; in glory days it lasted twice as long and gave twice as much DR

but honestly you could replace repair matrix with like, cryro blast or something and it'd still be a top tier class just because it can stack up so much ridiculous shotgun damage

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited March 2013

Bleh.

That was one of the things that bothered me most about the in-game argument against Red- yeah this will end the current conflict but in a few hundred thousand years or so there's a chance you'll be exterminated by AI. It's like yeah well that's OK. I didn't come here to end all conflicts forever. For now I'm fine with just stopping you from killing all my friends.

If not for the stupid EDI and the Geth will also die that got thrown in just because, Red would be my ending.

It's not "just because" if it's a
    weapon of mass destruction specifically designed to kill all synthetic life forms.

That's like saying Anthrax isn't a good super weapon because it ONLY kills every organic life form exposed to it.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I probably joined the forums to post in a pointless internet argument

In fact I just about guarantee it

That was way too long ago to remember though

those who have played with me in the last couple of days - any feedback/critiques/suggestions for improvement on my play?

Suck less.

(I'm pretty sure I haven't played with you.)

Bleh.

weapon of mass destruction specifically designed to kill all synthetic life forms.

That's like saying Anthrax isn't a good super weapon because it ONLY kills every organic life form exposed to it.

It's a weapon of mass destruction that was apparently designed to either kill all synthetic life forms, take control of the catalyst, or merge the DNA of all organic and synthetic beings. Had they provided a bit more pseudo-science/technobabble justification for any of the options the outcomes might've seemed more justified. As it is the consequences come across as arbitrary.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013

Bleh.

Exactly.
    But since Red destroys the Geth and EDI, you're left with Blue and Green. Fabulous choices.

I'm sure most of you have heard of the Mass Effect Happy Ending Mod?
    If there was a similar mod that took the Red ending and removed out the line about the Geth being destroyed, added the geth/quarian slide to the end epilogue (if eligible), and put EDI at the memorial scene, I'd be happy. With the Leviathan DLC, I don't mind Starchild as much anymore. And I don't need MEHEM's poorly implemented added scenes. That would be my perfect ending.

Seems pretty doable too.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular

I want to unlock that class really bad. Also paladin. Gimme!

I guess I should start buying reserve packs instead of arsenal packs but then I buy another arsenal pack and get something tempting and it's like crack.

Although I keep getting sniper rifles even though I'm a shitty sniper.

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular

if you're good you don't need repair matrix

where AIU really shines is a melee build, everyone who's seen me play with her knows that :D

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    So the Eagle is actually pretty useful on a tursol. It's like I don't even know you anymore, ME3.

Bleh.

It's a weapon of mass destruction that was apparently designed to either kill all synthetic life forms, take control of the catalyst, or merge the DNA of all organic and synthetic beings. Had they provided a bit more pseudo-science/technobabble justification for any of the options the outcomes might've seemed more justified. As it is the consequences come across as arbitrary.

Why would you pick an ending other than Red? It's unpossible.

edited March 2013
    so

black widow or Valiant?

Dhalphir on