As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Don't you love it when you randomly see people with a PAX shirt on?

KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX General Discussion
I live in NH and I was shopping yesterday, and I saw a guy with a PAX East 2012 shirt on. When he walked by me, I smirked and told him I liked his shirt. I just feel like it's such a close-knit community, but I never expect to see a PAX shirt on someone! :) Made my day!

Ln5yLL7.png
zerzhul on

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    TOTALLY. Once in a while I'll be sporting a PAX shirt (especially the ones from the bygone days of the Tshirt Harvest) and some random person will come up to me and strike up a conversation, or get really excited "PAX! Yeah!" It's like having a secret handshake.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Same here!! Just recently I went to the store wearing a PAX East 2012 shirt and someone walked up to me saying "Hey you were at PAX East! Me too!" And we talked forever about it. Felt good

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    tsrblketsrblke Registered User regular
    /thinks about it....
    I've maybe seen 1 PAX shirt in the wild around my town (not counting the time Gabe and Tycho did their book signing in St. Louis, there were many PAX shirts there IIRC or not counting mine and my wife's.)

I think the population density of St. Louis, relative to the number of PAXers here just isn't condusive to seeing them ;).

• Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    I remember on my flight home, walking from one gate to another it was like the seagulls in Finding Nemo. Each of of us kept saying "Pax?" "Pax!"
    I've only found one Pax shirt outside of Pax. It was yesterday outside of Starbucks. I didn't get a chance to stop him and say hi.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    Yeah... never see PAX people around, but I live nowhere.

• Options
    emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    I'm local. I've seen an enforcer shirt at work (among other places), which makes me smile ^_^

Absolutely Kelly, I've heard the joy that is sharing an airport and a plane with fellow PAX-goers before and after the con. Sounds great! Maybe I do PAX East 1 year to experience it...

• Options
    SingolloSingollo Registered User regular
    I'm a Local and wear a pax shirt at work almost daily

• Options
    JeppyJeppy Maple Valley WARegistered User regular
    It drives my girlfriend crazy when people stop me all the time when I wear one of my PAX shirts. It is like a secret club or something. When I see PAX shirts I stop the person and talk to them. We are one big happy geek family!

• Options
    :D Glad I'm not the only one who gets stupid giddy. Haha!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    GeekyPrincessGeekyPrincess Registered User regular
    The cashier at Nordstrom commented on mine a few weeks ago, had a fun talk for a few. Then there was the dumbunny working at GameStop that asked what PAX was, pretty sure my jaw hit the floor then!

Cookie Brigade Prime 2011 and 2012!
    Shipping cookies for Prime 2013
  • Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Sadly, I have not seen that yet. Come on residents of Toronto, fly the colours proudly!

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    kube00kube00 SE WA StateRegistered User regular
    I was at Ground Control, barcade in Portland a few weeks ago and I commented on the guy working the door he was wearing an older PAX Enforcer shirt. Said he was planning to go this year

1st PAX was Prime 2010. Made it to several more Primes/West. Been to East and South. Headed back to West in 2019 for my 12th PAX.

Twitter:kube00
  • Options
    RymRym Producer, GeekNights Registered User regular
    I see PAX/PAX shirts on a weekly basis in New York. Interestingly, most everyone I've ever run into with a general PA shirt has never been to a PAX.

• Options
    ElmoFuntzElmoFuntz Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The weekend after I got home from Prime some guy at our local farmers market stopped me when I was wearing the new escalator prime shirt and asked what year it was from. When I told him this year he said he was there and had not seen it. He much not have checked the merch booth, I really love this shirt and wish I had gotten more than 1 cause I'll wear this one out before next prime and I love it when people stop me. Sadly(?) I have gotten more comments about the Portal shirts I got at PAX.

ElmoFuntz on
    Go for the eyes Boo, GO FOR THE EYES!
    vn6ID15.png

• Options
    RichSoCashRichSoCash Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    On a related note, I saw a girl shopping at Target carrying one of the Curse party bags. We shared a moment because we had both been there.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I like seeing PAX shirts around occasionally. It's like throwing up your gang colors.

• Options
    RichSoCash wrote: »
    On a related note, I saw a girl shopping at Target carrying one of the Curse party bags. We shared a moment because we had both been there.
    That is very cool! I wear Rockstar Games shirts all the time, and I also wear my BioShock swag. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    adastraadastra Registered User regular
    I was up in Talkeetna, AK, and saw a guy in a PAX shirt at a food truck. I'm ashamed to admit that I was feeling too awkward to say anything (I may have been high on bug repellent).

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I was in a Pizza Hut awhile back in NH (I think, it was somewhere between Mass and Maine so NH makes sense) and the waitress commented on my scarf and said that she had been every year since they started like I had. It was a neat feeling to have that community expand like that into everyday life.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    I wear the hat from East last year constantly. I've had so many people come up to me and comment that they love/go to PAX. I get a warm fuzzy feeling.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Yes. And do you know what else I love?

That passes are on sale....right now. :)

• Options
    WodrithWodrith Registered User regular
    pax scarf for the win... those were also the only thing you could find to pick up on at the end of PAX last year... it's a good idea to get some of your merchandizing on early, just so you ensure your goodies.

• Options
    Kyuss wrote: »

Indeed. And that I got a room at Westin. <3 All is right in the world.

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    cedelacruzcedelacruz Kirkland WARegistered User regular
    i was shopping at Fred Meyers last week wearing my Pax 11 shirt i got at The Behemoth booth and the cashier recognized my shirt. Had a nice chat about pax as she rung up my groceries :D

• Options
    HeadhunterHeadhunter Registered User regular
    Wearing my PAX East 2012 shirt right now!
    Kyuss wrote: »

Weekend passes all gone since yesterday, still individual daily ones!

"Perception is reality." -unknown
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    We don't need to update every thread with pax east badge availability. There's a thread for that in the PAX East subforum.

• Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I've never seen a PAX shirt in Austin (unless i'm wearing it). Mostly i just get excited once i get to Seattle or Boston and see the first one a day or two before Friday. But if i were to see a PAX shirt here, i would definitely say hi. Cause you're right, its such a close group that you have to say hello. :D

• Options
    emimonsteremimonster Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    @RichSoCash I still use my Halo fest swag carrier bag for shopping. Never gotten a comment, even though I probably even shop at the same stores as Bungie and 343 employees (hell, I know I do, 2 Bungie employees are friends and use my local game store and Thai take-out place).

• Options
    sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    I live in Reno, Nevada finding gamers here is rare so finding PAX goers outside of my group of friend who go is super ultra mega rare. I've seen one through a friend of a friend. It really bums me out, but makes that Thursday night when I arrive in Seattle and see hundreds of them all the more special.

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • Options
    DaltonCarlDaltonCarl Registered User regular
    edited September 2013

DaltonCarl on
  • Options
    <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    I saw someone wearing their [E] badge in DC last week during the evening rush hour. Sadly, didn't get a chance to say hi as we were headed different directions but if you're reading this, you were noticed!

• Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Back in cleveland a guy at the lakewood chipotle saw me with my PAX prime shirt on and asked me if I had been to east (there had only been one east at that time). If he had only known how much PAX I had been to.

E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    I've been rocking my scarf here in cold New England, and so far, no one has said anything. One day...

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    DaltonCarl wrote: »
    Im from NH as well.. although never ever seen any type of pax / PA shirts or anything in the wild. I wear one of my many pax shirts often.. i've never been noticed :(
    Yay fellow NH peep! One day, you, too, will be noticed. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    xilxil New YorkRegistered User regular
    I get alot more comments on my PAX East 2012 shirt than my E3 shirts, I think this is great because of how it shows the awesome community that is Gamers!

Gaming Conventions:
    E3 2011 (as part of Ubisoft)!
    PAX East 2012, 2013
    --
  • Options
    RayzeRayze Registered User regular
    The other day as I was pulling out of my apartment complex to go to work, I saw a guy drive by with a pax east scarf wrapped around his neck. Not 100% it was a pax scarf but it had the 2012 colors

• Options
    JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    So i've had two experiences lately with my PAX shirts on. Both times people said something to me about my shirt. So that was cool! But both times when i asked they hadn't been to PAX. And then they got sad looks on their faces. And then i felt like crap cause they were so sad about not getting to ever go. :( I'm still waiting for the day i see someone in Austin wearing any PAX shirt. It will happen! lol

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I was at the Home Depot a while back, sporting my New California Republic from the Fallout booth a couple of years ago, when a young-ish stockboy got all excited as I walked past. He was all, "Fallout! Awright!" I stopped to talk to him for a minute and he said he'd never been to PAX but he really wanted to go. He doesn't work at that store anymore so I never found out if he got to or not, but I love living in a place where people know about PAX like Orange Countians know about Disneyland.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    Bladed CicadaBladed Cicada Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    That's the shirt I always get comments on too. And with East over now... It's just a matter of time until the instant sellout that will be Prime 13'. Mmmmm... Prime.

Bladed Cicada on
  • Options
    sandalwoodsandalwood Cartoonist New YorkRegistered User regular
    I hope they make a spin-off Pax shirt that says something along the lines of: "I'd rather be at PAX Prime, East, Australia, etc". That should fuel some rivalry between Pax goers... In the good way, not the bad way.