As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Pax Parties!

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    edited March 2013
    I'll definitely be attending the Elder Scrolls party!

Edit: And I'll be driving, and have 1 seat available if anyone's interested.

IcyLiquid on
  • reVbroreVbro Registered User new member
    Hey guys, is there anyway to still get into the curse party? My friend and I are wanting to go.

• eddieeddie Registered User regular
    Anyone want to meet up before curse party? first time for me and flying solo so would love company

• ViciousEin02ViciousEin02 NYRegistered User regular
    Im prob going to the curse party i got my pass.

Pax East 2015
    Assassins Ball 2015
    Pax East 2012 & 2013 Attendee

• eddieeddie Registered User regular
    Anyone want to meet up before curse party? first time for me and flying solo so would love company

• PurpleBekPurpleBek Manchester, EnglandRegistered User regular
    There's a queue forming in the seaport lobby for curse. Getting quite long.

pax%20sig.png
  • DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    There's a queue forming in the seaport lobby for curse. Getting quite long.

Curse bar prices were freaking outrageous. 5.75 for a diet coke, he poured from a 10 oz bottle and put so much ice in the glass he could probably get 2 more drinks out of the bottle, No kidding. Party awesome, but we bailed due to prices.

ESO Party was highlight of PAX. Whoever thought that up needs a raise. If you were not in line by 6:00 at the place, you were up a creek. But the gave you 20 ESO coins, dinner was 2 coins, beer was 2 coins, and the rest you used on games and gambling. They ran out of prizes about 8:00 and we headed to curse.

Dolarrah on
  • Liz SLiz S Goomba Symphathizer MARegistered User regular
    We got in line at ESO at 6:30 and we were just fine. We did everything we wanted in about 2 hours

Liz S wrote: »
    We got in line at ESO at 6:30 and we were just fine. We did everything we wanted in about 2 hours

Kick ass.

• ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    Folks. Word of advice from local cabby. It's illegal for them to stop mid street,but saw a lot of people trying to get them to do so. (don't think it was PAX people, but saw it all the same ). Just an fyi as my cabby noted how much they appreciate us being patient.

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Hit up the Elder Scrolls party, then Irrational's, then Curse. Will review when I get home! :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Ana NgAna Ng Registered User regular
    I saw the line for the Curse party last night, looked nuts!

• The_MadHatter_The_MadHatter_ Registered User regular
    Sanshee party last night was a lot of fun. took forever to get a drink early on since the bar only had two bartenders but eventually thinned out and ended up being good times.

PSN ID, Steam: The_MadHatter_
  • JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Curse line did not move and inch in 20 mins. I left.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    We did ESO, arrived around 7 and they were holding the line up (quite cold out :) ). Once inside, it was great. They ran out of food and beer around 8 or 9 but they ended up going out and buying a ton more and pouring from bottles. We stayed until 11 and had a great time.

Hit Curse afterwards, and by then there was no line. Drink lines were manageable and the dance floor was hopping..

All in all, both parties were fun. ESO spent a lot of money for PAX, had awesome themed events, and didn't ask for anything from me. That's pretty amazing.

vttym on
    ESO was best party I been to at PAX EVER..(This was my third year) The themed party rocked, AWESOME for them they bough more beer. Cash bar at Curse WAY OVER PRICED, my group cut out to make room for more after an hour. The violinist they had at beginning was great, lines were short for drinks because who in there right mind is paying $ 5.75 for 1/2 a 10oz bottle of diet coke.

• Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    Curse party was great! Learned from last year to avoid the mammoth line and go later in the night. Got there at 11:30 with 3 buddies, 2 of which didn't drink so I got 4 tickets (free drinks) to kick off the night. Going to get my 3rd drink, one of the staff working the event was giving out an additional 2 tickets to people waiting in line for the bar. 6 drinks, $0. My memory is a tad fuzzy from that night ;)

• MimiHamburgerMimiHamburger Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Dear table of dudes keeping me company at the Curse party after my friends ditched me, You were awesome. Love, Mimi Hamburger

• DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    I wish I had attended the Curse party this year, I even had my Vergil DMC Cosplay on. Now I will never know meet my future nurd GF. I did attend the Elder Scrolls party and danced my tush off after having two adult beverages at the cocktail bar across the street. Me and my friends waited for the line to thin down to nothing.

Seanyd781 wrote: »
    Curse party was great! Learned from last year to avoid the mammoth line and go later in the night. Got there at 11:30 with 3 buddies, 2 of which didn't drink so I got 4 tickets (free drinks) to kick off the night. Going to get my 3rd drink, one of the staff working the event was giving out an additional 2 tickets to people waiting in line for the bar. 6 drinks, $0. My memory is a tad fuzzy from that night ;)

Wat? I left the Bioshock party and got there for 1130 and they were not letting anyone who didn't already have a wristband inside. I was super bummed

• ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    Frag Dolls party was great! Thanks so much for hosting, and thanks this thread + @pax_parties for all the hard work in keeping us informed!

• GrimecraftGrimecraft 3DJ Cambridge MARegistered User regular
    Thanks everyone for coming to my party thursday and my set with DJ Dr Wily on the Magfest stage. In case you missed it, here is the set!

www.soundcloud.com/grimecraft
  • Seanyd781Seanyd781 Registered User regular
    JayDfromMA wrote: »
    Seanyd781 wrote: »

Wat? I left the Bioshock party and got there for 1130 and they were not letting anyone who didn't already have a wristband inside. I was super bummed

somebody in line behind my friends and i said they did cap the line, and would start letting people back in around midnight. the line kept moving though so I stuck around and got in without any delays.....and before midnight lol.

Ah that stinks for me. Although I was taking the T so my options were limited.

ESO was amazing. We gave up on waiting for the shuttle at 7:15 and got a cab. $10 cab ride was worth it! Got in and enjoyed myself for a bit. I absolutely love how they had their own currency and you couldn't purchase more. Twenty coins, that's all you can get. Well, unless you bet and win. ;) My husband had a blast playing dice and broke even.

I didn't take a lot of pics, but here.

Bag of coins, orobous stamp, and wristband:
    579973_10200210344400222_878524056_n.jpg

Inside:
    579964_10200210344120215_1856758711_n.jpg

I had to leave way early to get myself back to the Westin for the Irrational party. The parties are always great. Nice and low-key. Spent most of the night chatting with a really great couple from New Jersey. :) Also, AWESOME SWAG! Wooo! Here's a pic!

536529_10200210344760231_1766337413_n.jpg

That's a t-shirt, pins, a sticker, an Elizabeth figure, and even an alt cover for the game, just in case you don't like the one it comes with. ;)

The Curse party was kinda lame. It's just not my kind of place, not my kind of music. Had to scream to have anyone hear me (hence my voice being fubar now) and the drink I got for free (yes, they changed it to ONE free drink) was meh. Can't complain, I suppose, but I left shortly after finishing my drink to go to tabletop. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    The Curse party was kinda lame. It's just not my kind of place, not my kind of music. Had to scream to have anyone hear me (hence my voice being fubar now) and the drink I got for free (yes, they changed it to ONE free drink) was meh. Can't complain, I suppose, but I left shortly after finishing my drink to go to tabletop. :)

This was my first year doing a party, and I feel next year there are some important lessons to teach PAXers.

1) Pack your own alcohol for your hotel room. It was unintentional, but I ended up having over half a bottle of Irish Mist in me before heading to Curse at 9pm. As a result, I didn't need to pay for anything to be wasted.

2) Curse is a "hopping party" if you like dance clubs or similar locations where the music is loud as balls and you can't have a real conversation. Even out in the hall people had to speak loudly to be heard.

I got to Curse around 9pm and only had to wait about 15-30 minutes. I found the lines for getting a free drink were more ridiculous and would hope in future years they have more people on staff to help keep up with demand.

Chances are, if I wasn't nearly as drunk as I was, I would have found the Curse party to be shit. So in the future I'm going to make sure people in the forums know what they're getting into, because I imagine most introverts that are interested in verbal communication wouldn't be so big into it.

But hey, photo from the party!

315066_10100441174549705_2133762750_n.jpg

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular
    The Curse party was whack, especially in comparsion to last year. Lines were insane, was only given 1 drink ticket instead of two, and the rest of my crew was either denied entry, or not given ANY tickets. Eff that noise, next year I'm hitting up a different party, or locking myself in the console room and chaining myself to a Dreamcast.

• APacManAPacMan Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I had to leave way early to get myself back to the Westin for the Irrational party. The parties are always great. Nice and low-key. Spent most of the night chatting with a really great couple from New Jersey. :) Also, AWESOME SWAG! Wooo! Here's a pic!

I'm very jealous of your Elizabeth figurine. I got one of the Boys of Silence :-P

@Krissta @JayDfromMA If either of you took pictures or have any sent to you, please let me know. I was in Booker DeWitt cosplay and didn't wind up taking more than a handful while I was there.

APacMan on
    We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

Twitter: @APacManSays
    APacMan wrote: »

I'm very jealous of your Elizabeth figurine. I got one of the Boys of Silence :-P

@Krissta @JayDfromMA If either of you took pictures or have any sent to you, please let me know. I was in Booker DeWitt cosplay and didn't wind up taking more than a handful while I was there.

We got two Elizabeths! Do you want to swap? ;)

Ln5yLL7.png
    I think all the Elizabeths were later. All the earlier bags got Sons of Silence.

Gave mine away, c'est la vie. I think its interesting that you got an alt-cover for the game. I got a lithograph with Booker on one side & Elizabeth on the other. I guess the 'swag' bags were less "stuff we all get" and more "stuff some of us get, while others get different stuff." The Irrational Party was fantastic, though I went a little silly meeting Ken Levine.

I don't suppose you got any pictures of the 'parade' or the poses that Courtney was conducting us into?

We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true. -Robert Wilensky

I think all the Elizabeths were later. All the earlier bags got Sons of Silence.

Ah, that would explain it! ;)

Ln5yLL7.png
    APacMan wrote: »

Gave mine away, c'est la vie. I think its interesting that you got an alt-cover for the game. I got a lithograph with Booker on one side & Elizabeth on the other. I guess the 'swag' bags were less "stuff we all get" and more "stuff some of us get, while others get different stuff." The Irrational Party was fantastic, though I went a little silly meeting Ken Levine.

I don't suppose you got any pictures of the 'parade' or the poses that Courtney was conducting us into?

Wow, so it really was based on time, huh? Also, sorry, I didn't take any pics. :( I was sitting next to Courtnee Draper, though. That was fun! :) One of the Bookers (not sure if it was you) she lovingly nicknamed the GQ Booker. lol She then proceeded to tell me to "go get em," and was sad when I said I was married. lol

Ln5yLL7.png
    I was sitting next to Courtnee Draper, though. That was fun! :) One of the Bookers (not sure if it was you) she lovingly nicknamed the GQ Booker. lol She then proceeded to tell me to "go get em," and was sad when I said I was married. lol

If Courtnee Draper said that about me, then I did a better job on the outfit than I thought. I'm just going to pretend it was me, so I can take that one to my grave ^_^

She was funny and very nice. Had such a great time at that party.

• RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    I thought Curse was pretty good, but not nearly as good as last year. I pregamed beforehand and didn't get there until 10. Only waited ~10 mins to get in. I also got some extra tickets from a friend, so didn't pay for any drinks. Danced a lot and generally had a good time. It seemed like towards the end they handed out a ton of tickets and then shut the bars down.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    An interesting side note about the Curse party: When I approached the party, I was given drink tickets and waved through without incident. My friends all got orange bands, whcih confused me as to why I did not. When we got inside, a couple of my friends moved to the VIP lounge, and I moved with them. We thought that we happened to catch the folks guarding the lounge on a change, so we got a drink and moved out.

Later, I again approached this VIP lounge to see if I could test my luck, and was actually waved in. I was a little confused, but as I was standing on line, I started looking at what the VIP folks were wearing. Turns out it was some blue wristband.

I looked down at my wrist, and noticed that the Children's Miracle Network wristband I wear in support of Extra-Life was the same shade of blue. Seems it was close enough to allow me to move in and out without issue. Unfortunately, it was at the end of the night that I realized this, as the party ended shortly after.

But it was fun to pretend I was VIP for a few minutes. :)

• GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Ah, correction, I got there around 10pm, not 9pm. I had that wrong.

I'm curious what the Sanshee party was like in comparison, as well as others. There weren't a lot of details concerning the parties this year, just people saying they were "awesome".

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • WolfieeWolfiee Web/Graphic Designer and Illustrator MARegistered User regular
    ESO party was the best party I have ever been to. I think my friends enjoyed that party more than they enjoyed PAX!

0CsmwYt.jpg
    Badges [ ] Hotel [ ] Complete Pixelist.net [x] Excitement [x]
  • Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    I enjoyed the NVIDIA party!

Free Drinks and Free Food!

This discussion has been closed.