As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Puzzle & Dragons: Hhhhhggrrlgllllrb

• Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    I got the present from you, squid! I sent you mine! Hope you got something good :)

I got a...brachys +1 and a pterra +1? Something like that anyway. Are those any good?

Regarding +1s....if I fuse them to something else the something else gains the +1. However if I then evo that something else with the +1 do I lose the +1?

Is a dryad a good healer? I got one from a PAL egg. Is it good enough to put up as my leader when I'm logged out to help other people?

Usually I just leave my Bastet as the lead card. I am really liking her. Now that I'm pretty good at getting the combos, it's like a straight 2.5x boost to damage, it seems.

From what I can tell, if even one combo hits the 2.5x boost, all your thingies do the 2.5x boost, including your hearts.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Vorpal wrote: ยป
    I got the present from you, squid! I sent you mine! Hope you got something good :)

I got a...brachys +1 and a pterra +1? Something like that anyway. Are those any good?

Regarding +1s....if I fuse them to something else the something else gains the +1. However if I then evo that something else with the +1 do I lose the +1?

Is a dryad a good healer? I got one from a PAL egg. Is it good enough to put up as my leader when I'm logged out to help other people?

Usually I just leave my Bastet as the lead card. I am really liking her. Now that I'm pretty good at getting the combos, it's like a straight 2.5x boost to damage, it seems.

From what I can tell, if even one combo hits the 2.5x boost, all your thingies do the 2.5x boost, including your hearts.

Brachys +1 and Pterra +1 are both great once they reach their ultimate evolution.

You keep +1s when you evolve.

Evolve the Dryad to an Alraune and she's a great healer.

Bastet is pretty awesome, though I'm not sure whether or not the hearts get the 2.5x boost.

• Options
    VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    Keeper of Rainbow is a dumb butt. Thank god the game preserves dungeon sessions even when I lock my phone or even leave the app, cuz no way in hell am I doing that in one sitting. And his attack is 22k? What? I took an odin with me and I hardly see any other way to do it. That said though, he cant kill me so it is just a matter of time at this point, and I got a shadow keeper on floor 4 so I can finally evolve my lunar dragon.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I did the mystic red dragon thing like, what, 50 times trying to get a knight and never did. I decided to do the mystic dark dragon dungeon for giggles, and of course a mystic dark knight drops. That makes three.

So then I feed the two spares to the main one and no skill ups. Hate.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Woo, finally put down a rainbow keeper. Did it with Viper Orochi on point, red, white, blue rippers, and Vritra with an Alraune helper. Having Grudge Strike on Vritra made that fight so much faster. Using it after the Orochi's resolve kicked in usually took about a sixth of his health. If anyone needs to use my VO, I'll try and keep him slotted in the rest of the day. I want to run a few more keepers just to have them in stock so I don't have to go into that dungeon again for a while.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    Are the knights any good?

Right now I'm trying to run dungeons for evo components.

I need the base 'lit so I'm running dungeon of wood, dungeon of fire, etc. (final level )

I also need some dragon plants so I'm running the final level of tower of trials for those.

I see them there lots, but they just don't drop for me! Instead I get my 30th goblin.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The mystic knights change orbs to the color of the knight. Very useful if you are trying to go with a mono color team.

38thDoE on steam
    ๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿฆ€

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    so I just got 2x keeper of the dark and 1x keeper of the flame, thats good for 1 run in todays dungeon right?

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    VerboseVerbose That one guy over there. That guy. Registered User regular
    My team for the rainbow keeper was Siren point, my slew of crappy ripper dragons plus Verche, and an Odin partner. With an Odin leader rainbow keeper only does 4.4k dmg which is pretty easy to heal in the 5 turns between his attacks, and Odins ability is nice against him. So really if you can field a good healer and an Odin as leaders, you can beat the rainbow keeper, but it takes forever :[

• Options
    My team for the rainbow keeper was Siren point, my slew of crappy ripper dragons plus Verche, and an Odin partner. With an Odin leader rainbow keeper only does 4.4k dmg which is pretty easy to heal in the 5 turns between his attacks, and Odins ability is nice against him. So really if you can field a good healer and an Odin as leaders, you can beat the rainbow keeper, but it takes forever :[

I do something similar, except it's Siren combined with one of the Orochis. And I have a Hades, who makes killing the keeper much quicker, since he has Gravity (Deal 15% current enemy life as damage).

Once I get him evolved, he'll do 30%!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Did you get that Hades during godfest or just randomly? I'm jealous either way... Actually I'm jealous of anyone who is getting mythlits. I've been hunting them since Friday D:

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Did you get that Hades during godfest or just randomly? I'm jealous either way... Actually I'm jealous of anyone who is getting mythlits. I've been hunting them since Friday D:

I got him during the Godfest.

But don't be jealous of me, as I spent a few times more than I intended on magic stones...

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Worst luck farming dragon plants the past two days in Tower of Trials. Hopefully Giants will be better.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    Squid56Squid56 Registered User regular
    @Vorpal - yeah, thanks for the swap, I too got a Pterra +1 and Brachy +1...interesting.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I've had terrible luck farming dragon plants, but a Titan dropped. So that's good.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Congrats, I'd say that makes up for it!

• Options
    GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular
    Worst luck farming dragon plants the past two days in Tower of Trials. Hopefully Giants will be better.

From what I've heard (and seen, trying it myself a few times) the dragon plants were almost entirely removed from Tower of Trials in the patch, so Giants is the only chance besides the Thursday dungeon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle ็ฉดๆŽ˜ใ‚Šใฎ ้›ป่ปŠๅ†…Registered User regular
    I have the Technical dungeons unlocked now! But I only have 2 green creatures that I would even consider powering up :(

I'm also getting pretty handily defeated in the normal dungeons post-Castle of Satan, which is pretty frustrating. Gonna have to sit down and grind out some power-up material from the tech dungeons for a while...

ๅทฅไบ‹ไธญ
  • Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    I got to many things ready to evolve ughh. Had to farm 3 water, 2 fire, 2 Earth, and luckily got 1 dark and 1 light from a single fire run.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    I have the Technical dungeons unlocked now! But I only have 2 green creatures that I would even consider powering up :(

I'm also getting pretty handily defeated in the normal dungeons post-Castle of Satan, which is pretty frustrating. Gonna have to sit down and grind out some power-up material from the tech dungeons for a while...

The first series of Tech dungeons are actually MUCH easier than the normal post-TOS dungeons. You just have to prepare for the Technical bosses, because they can do some terrible things to you (like bind all your monsters that they're weak against for a few turns). If you're hurting for a few good monsters, don't turn your nose up at the chimeras. They do a lot of damage for a relatively common and low cost monster.

• Options
    I did the final fire tech dungeon today and it was the most tense ive felt playing this game yet, Water bind from the fire demons shut down my healer with no hearts on board and attacking every round.

• Options

From what I've heard (and seen, trying it myself a few times) the dragon plants were almost entirely removed from Tower of Trials in the patch, so Giants is the only chance besides the Thursday dungeon.

Yeah, that's what I've been seeing. I got 2 plants in a Trials run early, so I kind of got baited. Giants has definitely been better.

• Options
    I think its just random. I got 4 plants on a run of it earlier this week.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    CokebotleCokebotle ็ฉดๆŽ˜ใ‚Šใฎ ้›ป่ปŠๅ†…Registered User regular

The first series of Tech dungeons are actually MUCH easier than the normal post-TOS dungeons. You just have to prepare for the Technical bosses, because they can do some terrible things to you (like bind all your monsters that they're weak against for a few turns). If you're hurting for a few good monsters, don't turn your nose up at the chimeras. They do a lot of damage for a relatively common and low cost monster.

That would explain why I'm mostly done with Fertile Lands' dungeons!

I might consider keeping a Chimera, but I hardly need to use wood-element monsters. I have a couple of good monsters, I think (healer is Amaterasu, got Freyja for the Godfest, and I have an Undine) but otherwise nothing terribly special. I do have one of those rare dark dublit monsters that I use in my team for the HP (1000 for a cost of 1, yes please!). I'm just waiting to get to the other Tech dungeons so I can start really levelling my other creatures - I evolved a Water Demon for water element, and have a Vampire lord and evolved dark/water/green/red dragons.

ๅทฅไบ‹ไธญ
  • Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    How should I be setting up my teams and how to I get good monsters to do so? I sort of hit a wall in the Tomb of the Saint, I can't beat the big dragon at the end, and even before that I had to get kinda lucky with a good helper to beat the other big dragons. I have trouble on knights and masks before then also. I've got my starting water dude all the way evolved and a green little girl(dryad maybe) that has a heal, but other than that I think my monsters suck... Should I just be grinding to level up my guys more? If so where is the best place to get money?

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    How you set up your teams depends on what you have. Can you post your monster box? The best place to get money is in the weekend dungeon.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    I need soooo many dragon plants (6 of them).

Had pretty good luck farming up all the element specific rubylits, etc, from the very first dungeons (dungeon of fire, dungeon of water).

I usually see a couple dragon plants in the last level of tower of trials, but they steadfastly refuse to drop.

It sounds like Giants is a better place to try? Final level best? Or first level?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    How you set up your teams depends on what you have. Can you post your monster box? The best place to get money is in the weekend dungeon.

I have Dryad(with stars that flash behind it, dunno what that is), Fairlio(with stars and +2), Plesios, Black Fighter, and Red Ogre. The rest of my box is evo materials that I've been saving up, I dunno if there are good monsters I can get that I should be farming for, or just hoping for good pulls of the pal machine.

• Options

Had pretty good luck farming up all the element specific rubylits, etc, from the very first dungeons (dungeon of fire, dungeon of water).

I usually see a couple dragon plants in the last level of tower of trials, but they steadfastly refuse to drop.

It sounds like Giants is a better place to try? Final level best? Or first level?

I'd recommend waiting for tomorrow and doing the Thursday dungeon. They're available in there and you have the chance to get Flowers and Fruit too.

• Options
    125 sta pumped into mask dungeon trying to get a dark so i can evolve my lilith bleh. Last 2 runs havent even dropped a single mask.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    arrrrgh i need 1 fucking light ghost dude for evo, and i've ran dungeon of light about 7 times today, its not netting me dick for xp or money, gimme my damn ghost!

edit: yay apparently i just had to bitch about it, first capture in this run and i got it

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    @Lubony If it makes you feel better I'm at
    100 stamina pumped into Sprites looking for a mythlit.
    154 stamina today and yesterday running Blue Guardian looking for a mythlit.
    No Mythlits.
    Nabob wrote: ยป

I have Dryad(with stars that flash behind it, dunno what that is), Fairlio(with stars and +2), Plesios, Black Fighter, and Red Ogre. The rest of my box is evo materials that I've been saving up, I dunno if there are good monsters I can get that I should be farming for, or just hoping for good pulls of the pal machine.

That is a rough start. To be honest if you haven't spent any money or gotten too far, it might be better to delete the app and reinstall and hopefully get a better starting monster from the rare egg machine.

@Vorpal The drop rate is similar in both towers, giants gives you flowers and some xp trials gives you seeds and nearly 0 xp. I typically run giants unless I'm trying to delay ranking up.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited March 2013

Yeah, Giants has been many times better for me and plants. I've been doing the boss level since it's a little more efficient for stamina.

Elementalor on
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I just made it to Rank 20 and I guess I need someone to trade pulls with.

I'll start adding a few people in the OP, and could you put my ID up there as well, @_J_? It's 327,549,261. Name's Kthulhu@PA.

• Options
    GaardeanGaardean Registered User regular

Yeah, Giants has been many times better for me and plants. I've been doing the boss level since it's a little more efficient for stamina.

Yeah, the boss level is best if you just want the plants, though the middle one, Dragons of the Tower, gives the best exp. On the weekends, when they're half stamina, you can usually just chain run the middle one for as long as you want because you'll keep leveling to refill the stam bar.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Whoo! A mythlit dropped! I am so happy about that.
    I used it to evolve my siren, so if anyone needs a Siren the Enchanter/Red Resist Dragon/Green Resist Dragon/Blue Resist Dragon/Bastet up, just @ me and I'll switch it for you.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Similarly, if anyone needs a Siren the Enchanter, Bastet, or Hades let me know and I'll swap.

I also have an Anubis if anyone feels like living dangerously.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited March 2013

That is a rough start. To be honest if you haven't spent any money or gotten too far, it might be better to delete the app and reinstall and hopefully get a better starting monster from the rare egg machine.

What is a good starting monster? And are there any that I'll see in the "wild" I should be looking out for, or are all the good ones from the machines/hard dungeons?

Nabob on
  • Options
    theSquidtheSquid Sydney, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hi @_J_ could I humbly request that you put the links to the latest version .apk in the OP?

• Options

What is a good starting monster? And are there any that I'll see in the "wild" I should be looking out for, or are all the good ones from the machines/hard dungeons?

This post has good info on what can come out of the rare egg machine. Starting with the second post. The first one is interesting reading as well. He is a little extreme when specifying what to start with but for example dryad evolves to mandrake which evolves to Alraune. Alraune is useful, the other two not so much. You can get any of the three out of the machine at the start. Getting the first form really sucks since you have a long road to go to make a subpar healer. You can always ask in this thread if a monster is good or not.

There are several great monsters that you'll see in the wild, unfortunately, the drop rate for them is only good in the special dungeons.
    Titan, Mermaid, Naga, Succubus, Lil' Red/White/Black/Blue/Green Dragon can all drop in the early dungeons and are great when leveled.

38thDoE on steam