As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I have a feeling Trion is probably fudging the preorder numbers a bit at this point to raise that reward bar.

Fine with me, though.

EDIT: Okay yeah definitely, now we're at 44% to reward 2.

Maddoc on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Do it Trion, do it and I'll pre-order in a second.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Wait, what is "Discount off the Season Pass"? I clicked on it and it just took me to Rift's page on the store.

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Antithesis wrote: »
    Wait, what is "Discount off the Season Pass"? I clicked on it and it just took me to Rift's page on the store.

Probably in reference to this: http://www.defiance.com/en/dlc/pc/?CAS_REDIR=true

Not sure how I feel about an already planned 5 DLC packs.

Well they said the 'DLC' wouldn't be major things, and the usage of that term was more because of the consolelol bullshit.

• AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    Hold on. I just entered a hundred and twenty codes in a row. I'm going to preorder this, aren't I?

• EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Hold on. I just entered a hundred and twenty codes in a row. I'm going to preorder this, aren't I?

Well, if you've already put all that work in for it you might as well really...

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Join us in the gun frenzy.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, I'm still resolutely not pre-ordering.

Despite having watched the promo show (which I thought was terrible, but I'm picky).

And despite entering the 120 promo codes.

But I'm definitely not pre-ordering.

But for people who are, which pre-order bonuses are best? I see everyone seems to have lots of different ones.

What is this I don't even.
    Arthil wrote: »
    Well they said the 'DLC' wouldn't be major things, and the usage of that term was more because of the consolelol bullshit.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/08/trion-offering-a-defiance-season-pass-with-dlc-new-species-and/ seems to think that there'll be another playable race included in this DLC. Seems fairly major. But I suppose we'll see what they actually do with it and if $10 ($8 if you get the pass) per DLC is worth it.

• darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    goddamn it..
    fighting the desire to preorder as well.. I dont need another game to play.. I am not playing planetside 2 right now despite dropping bucks for the fun on that... fuck fuck fuck..

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Can you enter in these codes without having participated in the beta and/or preordering?

And what deals are there for preordering?

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Probably in reference to this: http://www.defiance.com/en/dlc/pc/?CAS_REDIR=true

Not sure how I feel about an already planned 5 DLC packs.

It is a pretty reasonable way to monetize something without having to go to a subscription model. That way if you don't want the DLC don't buy it or download it.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Can you enter in these codes without having participated in the beta and/or preordering?

And what deals are there for preordering?

http://orcz.com/Defiance:_Arkfall_Codes
    http://defiance.com/en/my-ego/

The codes give some nice rewards and some dumb rewards, but inventory slots are inventory slots. I entered 120 just because I wanted the ammo scavenger perk early.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/ca/en/pc/games/mmos/defiance/

GMG is offering 20% off with the code there on the right, which is pretty keen.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    The "race as DLC" thing annoys me, because what with your race being entirely cosmetic there's no need to reroll, and I really want to know which race it is so I can decide what I think looks coolest to play.

...reward 2 is now at 79%. 8->

edited March 2013
    Anyone still on the fence (and me who is now glad that I'm waiting until tomorrow to preorder): GMG25-S0FSG-R7Z0B

25% off instead of 20% :)

You know, since an extra 5% might push some people over the edge for some reason.

Kyanilis on
  • ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Anyone still on the fence (and me who is now glad that I'm waiting until tomorrow to preorder): GMG25-S0FSG-R7Z0B

25% off instead of 20% :)

You know, since an extra 5% might push some people over the edge for some reason.

Is this for a physical copy or a download? (Just curious as I can't see the site from work.)

edited March 2013
    Download only. I assume Steam key specifically just like everything else seems to be

Oh also, this is for Greenmangaming in case anyone was confused.

Kyanilis on
  • DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    The "race as DLC" thing annoys me, because what with your race being entirely cosmetic there's no need to reroll, and I really want to know which race it is so I can decide what I think looks coolest to play.

This multiplied by one billion. I don't think they are being knowingly malice, I just wish they would let us know to avoid confusion and potentially the time it takes to reroll/catch up.

I also haven't heard any official statements on if any preorder XP bonuses sum together or if the largest one is the only one taken into account. It would be nice if they added together, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Also, reading the official PC forums yesterday it appears theres no word on an preload. Although, I assume like most MMOs these days, the beta client can just be updated to the release client come Day 0.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Apparently the client I installed off steam for beta was the release client, and I had to uninstall it then reinstall the beta client to try it.

So I guess there's a release client floating around maybe?

What is this I don't even.
    If they do something like give a free change to the DLC race I won't have any complaints about it.

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Tier 2 is at 97%!

I'd say with Tier 3 they might fudge things a bit if necessary. It comes with a discount off the Season Pass and getting that to everyone who's pre-ordered would probably mean quite a few sales of it.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, that's what I mean when I wonder if any of these tier reward preorder things have ever failed. 8->

Echo on
    Also, having the preorders not reach that number is a bit of bad ... I forgot the word where people pay attention to stuff. So it actually reaching to full is good for them.

Publicity! That was it.

Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, that's what I mean when I wonder if any of these tier reward preorder things have ever failed. 8->

Yeah... I haven't heard of a single one failing to make all three Tiers yet.

I don't mind though! Tier 3's rewards are rad.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Think I'm gonna finally take the dive and preorder tonight after work.

I kind of want to do the deluxe edition, but that's a big jump in price for what seems like not a ton of stuff.

edited March 2013
    Arthil wrote: »

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/08/trion-offering-a-defiance-season-pass-with-dlc-new-species-and/ seems to think that there'll be another playable race included in this DLC. Seems fairly major. But I suppose we'll see what they actually do with it and if $10 ($8 if you get the pass) per DLC is worth it.

New race seems to just be cosmetic, really.

Edit: Also, also! Gonna pre-order on Steam now. I can't pass up the chance to snag Storm Legion for free, cause I KNOW when I want my WoW itch I can just go back to Rift and it'll embrace me like a loving foster parent.

Arthil on
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    i'll preorder this tomorrow. just did the 120 codes.. damn you all.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    I preordered as well. Trion impressed me with Rift and the mix of Borderlands/Saints Row style gameplay should be worth the admission fee at least.

ECOED.jpg
    Hooray! :)

Reward 2 hit, 10% into reward 3!

Either they are fudging the numbers, or people are getting REALLY interested.

I don't mind the former but I actually hope it's the latter, at least a bit. A nice healthy starting population for this game would be great.

Sob24Nm.png
    +2% in 30 minutes. Yeah.

Well, the numbers did start going up after the open beta...

I am gonna guess a little bit of both.

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Meh... More people to play with plus more rewards. Win/Win to me.

I wasn't around for Rift's launch, so I'm not schooled up on how well Trion handled that game's opening. I'm still debating taking off work though... which has burned me in the past. Ha.

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Decoy wrote: »
    Meh... More people to play with plus more rewards. Win/Win to me.

I wasn't around for Rift's launch, so I'm not schooled up on how well Trion handled that game's opening. I'm still debating taking off work though... which has burned me in the past. Ha.

As I recall, Rift's launch was super smooth.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    I never played Rift either (though now I might for a bit as I'll get it on Steam with Defiance) but at least post-launch it seems Rift was supported and had a lot of content added to it. Trion seems to run MMOs well.

Sob24Nm.png
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    The launch was really smooth. It wasn't perfect, I think I had a screenshot where there were problems and my ping jumped to 35,000, but it never really crashed, it was pretty stable aside from very spread out problems. They did a real good job, and I really enjoyed their constant updating, so I'm a huge fan of Trion.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.