As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Puzzle & Dragons: Hhhhhggrrlgllllrb

• Options
    NabobNabob Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Nabob wrote: »
    How you set up your teams depends on what you have. Can you post your monster box? The best place to get money is in the weekend dungeon.

I have Dryad(with stars that flash behind it, dunno what that is), Fairlio(with stars and +2), Plesios, Black Fighter, and Red Ogre. The rest of my box is evo materials that I've been saving up, I dunno if there are good monsters I can get that I should be farming for, or just hoping for good pulls of the pal machine.

That is a rough start. To be honest if you haven't spent any money or gotten too far, it might be better to delete the app and reinstall and hopefully get a better starting monster from the rare egg machine.

What is a good starting monster? And are there any that I'll see in the "wild" I should be looking out for, or are all the good ones from the machines/hard dungeons?

This post has good info on what can come out of the rare egg machine. Starting with the second post. The first one is interesting reading as well. He is a little extreme when specifying what to start with but for example dryad evolves to mandrake which evolves to Alraune. Alraune is useful, the other two not so much. You can get any of the three out of the machine at the start. Getting the first form really sucks since you have a long road to go to make a subpar healer. You can always ask in this thread if a monster is good or not.

There are several great monsters that you'll see in the wild, unfortunately, the drop rate for them is only good in the special dungeons.
    Titan, Mermaid, Naga, Succubus, Lil' Red/White/Black/Blue/Green Dragon can all drop in the early dungeons and are great when leveled.

Are the lil' dragons you talking about the ones that are evo material cause I've seen a few of those, or is it something different? I don't think I've ever seen any of those other ones in the wild though... Are the special dungeons always adept or higher, I was never able to get very far in an adept level dungeon.

3DS Friend Code: 3325-2367-6821
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I would go so far as to say that starting with anything that can drop in a dungeon is a waste, if you're really confident you want to get a good start. I'd reroll until you had a god. Almost any god, with only a couple exceptions. That guide doesn't consider Isis a good starter, for instance, but I think it's a pretty great one.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Nope, the Lil' Dragons actually say lil' Dragon in their name. Numbers 21-35 on this site
    http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monsterbook.asp?t=1

They don't drop often, but they are bosses in the early levels. Most of the special dungeons are adept of higher. If you can get a starter monster that comes out of a gold egg from the machine, you'll probably have enough HP to do an adept level dungeon with a 5-star healer friend.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I would go so far as to say that starting with anything that can drop in a dungeon is a waste, if you're really confident you want to get a good start. I'd reroll until you had a god. Almost any god, with only a couple exceptions. That guide doesn't consider Isis a good starter, for instance, but I think it's a pretty great one.

I concur with the Isis being a really great starter. It is almost an Ancient Dragon Knight (as long as you match 3 colors/attack types) right out of the box. I've started using that in my "grind" groupings since I haven't gotten one yet.

I'd pretty much say the best of the best starters are Neptune, Hades, or Amaterasu. But I wouldn't kill yourself rerolling just to get one since you probably will start seeing matching color orbs in your sleep.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    With almost no exceptions, any god is a decent pull that you can plan around, and even if you can't build the optimal team for it it's still a great stat beast.

• Options
    I rerolled and got a level 30 dragon rider(the light primary/dark one) and then a succubus+1 out of my next one, it seems a lot better so far. Is that an ok start or should I keep rerolling for a god? The problem I am having now is a lack of healing, should I bring a carbuncle with me?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    How many stars is the rider? Succubus is a good monster, but it is something that can be dropped in the game.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    I rerolled and got a level 30 dragon rider(the light primary/dark one) and then a succubus+1 out of my next one, it seems a lot better so far. Is that an ok start or should I keep rerolling for a god? The problem I am having now is a lack of healing, should I bring a carbuncle with me?

The Rider doesn't drop and is a fairly unique monster. It isn't the best thing you could get, but I'd say it's worth sticking with.

• Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Another thing to factor in is that drops are pretty cruel in this game, including the rare egg machine. Dragon rider/succubus is a decent start since they're great for team comps, but still missing a lynchpin leader. Having a great leader gets you a guarantee to a solid team and gets you extra pal pulls if you have a desirable one.

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    I decided to try my luck again and restarted. Got a Verche, which that guide said was a really good start so imma stick with it!

• Options
    Technicus RexTechnicus Rex All your base.Registered User regular
    Dang it. I read the OP and went straight to the google play store.

This app is not available in your country.

Why must u suck so much region locking?

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazi's. You can't trust people. - Super Hans.
  • Options
    VorpalVorpal Registered User regular
    Man, I need some good blue/black monsters.

I have four potentially good green monsters (Bastet, green starting monster, lil green ripper, dryad)
    I have two good red monsters (red starting monster, lil red dragon)
    I have two good light monsters (light starting monster, lil white dragon)

I have zero good blue black monsters.

This makes my teams look weird. I thought you'd want one of each color but maybe that isn't the best strategy.

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Vorpallion Twitch: Vorpallion
  • Options
    How much HP does your team have Vorpal? Skydragon of dark adept will drop the lil' black dragon for you. If you have enough hp and an autohealer you should be fine there.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Around 3k hp? I don't have an auto healer yet. I need to add more PA guys to my list :)

I did the Thursday dungeon and man, that place is awesome!

First run got dragon plant, dragon flower, dragon fruit.
    Second run got dragon seed, two dragon plants, dragon flower, dragon fruit.

Dragon fruit seems like it would be really good for a new player. 300 attack/hp/rcv for one cost! And the dungeon is really easy as well.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I sent you an invite Vorpal, I have a Siren you can use if you need, although she's doesn't quite heal enough for adept yet. You'd probably want a little more hp too.

Yeah I was using a dragon fruit for awhile when I evolved a dragon and suddenly couldn't fit him on the team. Dub-Mytlit are even better at 3000/800/300 for 1 cost.

Also, I'm really liking the 3x of one color jewel dragons. I just wish gold would come up again.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Vorpal wrote: »
    Around 3k hp? I don't have an auto healer yet. I need to add more PA guys to my list :)

I did the Thursday dungeon and man, that place is awesome!

First run got dragon plant, dragon flower, dragon fruit.
    Second run got dragon seed, two dragon plants, dragon flower, dragon fruit.

Dragon fruit seems like it would be really good for a new player. 300 attack/hp/rcv for one cost! And the dungeon is really easy as well.

I put up my archangel so you can use her as your auto healer. I'll try to remember to keep her up for you since I tend to use my "attack" team to harvest the Thursday dungeon.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Squid56Squid56 Registered User regular
    @38thDoe - your Siren certainly helped me make progress on the 3rd tier normal dungeons, so thanks for putting her up.

I've been misunderstanding the usefulness of feeder mobs when doing power evolutions - been wasting a lot of XP & mobs by getting them to max level before feeding them to my target mob. In case any of the other newbies would find it helpful, this was posted on another board and has helped me get a better grasp of what I'm supposed to be doing when. Bare in mind that there is no exact formula, so the person who put this together found an XP/cost ratio that worked for him (I apologize I don't have the link handy, I copied the info into my Google drive but forgot to grab the link).

The simplest explanation is as follows - if you have a mob type with the number of stars indicated below, only level them until they reach the level in column 3 - after that you start getting diminishing returns on feeding them. Also, always feed from the bottom up to maximize the XP potential.

Stars / Monster / Max level for feeding efficiency / exp @max / Arbitrary max feed-to-level (1gold/exp after 1.5X bonus)

3* / Demon / 10 / 3834 / 57

3* / Ogre / 10 / 3834 / 57

3* / Knight / 11 / 3326 / 49

2* / Devil / 9 / 2856 / 42

3* / Chimera / 8 / 2727 / 40

2* / Pengdra / 10* / 2556/ 90

2* / Carbuncle / 10 / 2556 / 37

2* / Goblin / 8 / 2045 / 30

2* / Ogre / 6 / 882 / 13

2* / Fighter / 6 / 588 / 8

1* / Carbuncle / 5 / 337 / 5

1* / Goblin / 4 / 246 / 3
    1* / Polly / 4 / 164 / 2

• Options
    So, what's the deal with one of the new tips. It says something like "Save your ID number in case of data loss." Does that mean we can recover accounts now? They still show the one that says you can't get your account back.

• Options
    Wow, your guys auto healers are amazing!! Thanks for putting them up.

I was able to pretty easily go through the dark sky dragon dungeon. No hearts just means it's even easier to rack up lots of combos. Sadly I didn't get a lil' black dragon. I saw one though! I did collect a bucket load of devils, carbuncles, and fighters.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Does anyone have an Odin they could put up? I'm attempting to do something fairly stupid.

Squid56 Glad I could help. Also thanks for the chart, going to send that to my wife.

Vorpal, if you have the room I'd save that junk and run it again. You should get the lil black dragon in 1-3 runs. Then feed the junk to it. If you can evolve it to final form, you'll get 50% resist to dark, which with the same auto-healers will likely allow you to survive expert. Expert will drop succubi and rarely skydragons/mystic swordsmen.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    So, what's the deal with one of the new tips. It says something like "Save your ID number in case of data loss." Does that mean we can recover accounts now? They still show the one that says you can't get your account back.

I read somewhere that apparently if you save your ID number and you accidently delete your data you can send them an e-mail and they'll help you recover it. Or something along those lines (might have been if you moved to a new device).

Did read though that the 5.1 or 5.2 update is going to have a cloud save option. Will have to go digging to find that info again though.

Glad my healer helped you Vorpal. Like 38thDoe said you can run it again and eventually one will drop for you. I just relogged my game so the healer should be back up again (if you wanted to use her again). Just a small warning but if you use a friend's Leader a second time within 24 hours you don't get 10 pal points (just your friend does).

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Posted on there official facebook not to long ago, sounds like its gonna be a fun couple weeks. Also pulled my Lil red this morning, yay for a full ripper set, boo for not getting a mask to evolve my lillith yesterday

Spring is in the air, and it's time to celebrate Easter with a fantastic P&D event!

March 31: Easter Sunday
    Greek Godfest at the Rare Egg Machine
    Dungeon of Gold Dragons
    Easter Sunday Dungeon

March 29 -> April 7
    King and Super King Dragons at the Pal Egg Machine
    2x Drops/1.5x Coins at the special Daily Dungeons
    1 free Magic Stone each day (a total of 10!)

In addition to this, the Castle of Satan in the Abyss (the 6th Technical Dungeon) will be visited by some special guests.
    Phoenix Knight, Fenrir Knight, Dragon Knight, Verche, and Dark Dragon Knight will all be up for grabs!
    If you've been trying to collect these useful Orb-changers or max their skill levels, now's the time to do it!

April 1 -> April 7
    2x drop rates for King Dragons

Finally, EVERY day next week will have a special event dungeon (in addition to the daily ones)!

3/31 Sunday: Easter Dungeon
    4/1 Monday: Breakers
    4/2 Tuesday: Hero Descended (Highlander/Berserk)
    4/3 Wednesday: Breakers Return
    4/4 Thursday: Zeus Descended
    4/5 Friday: One Last Breakers
    4/6 Saturday: Hera Descends
    4/7 Sunday: Goddess Descended

*Events subject to change - see policy here: http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

Lubony on
    No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    Does anyone have an Odin they could put up? I'm attempting to do something fairly stupid.

Ill keep mine up through the rest of the night if you still need it.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    I now regret using all my pal egg pulls today.(mainly for not getting any evo mats)

• Options
    Avynte wrote: »

Yep, thank you, going to try and kill Hades.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    So what do I need in order to beat the Sky Dragon dungeons? I'm in the low twenties in ranks, and I am beginning to understand the importance of the ripper dragons and Siren/Echidna/Lilith and the monsters that allow you to survive being 1-shotted, but at the moment I'm just kind of flailing around and grinding Neptune's Glacier in hopes of getting a mermaid of my own.

Also, I'm still looking for someone to trade the Rank 20 pulls with.

• Options
    I wish they delayed these dungeons a bit, I'm not sure how I'm going to get through anything harder than the breakers.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Someone said you could get the Lil dragons and mermaid etc. out of earlier dungeons. Would I be correct in assuming these are from the boss versions of them in the volcano of vulcan(etc) 3rd and 4th levels?

• Options
    So what do I need in order to beat the Sky Dragon dungeons? I'm in the low twenties in ranks, and I am beginning to understand the importance of the ripper dragons and Siren/Echidna/Lilith and the monsters that allow you to survive being 1-shotted, but at the moment I'm just kind of flailing around and grinding Neptune's Glacier in hopes of getting a mermaid of my own.

Also, I'm still looking for someone to trade the Rank 20 pulls with.

You need 3k+ HP to take a hit, and an autohealer for adept level. Expert needs resistance against the color and a good autohealer or max skill siren and autohealer. Master requires 50% resist and a great autohealer, or max skill siren, and pray that you don't bump into Porter of Hell Demon Dogs.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Shiiiit. Any idea what it takes to get through something like Hera Descends?

• Options
    Shiva or a poison monster, the ability to tank a 82133 hit from Hades... etc.
    Probably a zombie team, people suggest using the harpie demons.
    Someone said you could get the Lil dragons and mermaid etc. out of earlier dungeons. Would I be correct in assuming these are from the boss versions of them in the volcano of vulcan(etc) 3rd and 4th levels?

Yes, but it is really really hard to get those drops. Much better in the sky dungeons.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

If you're talking about the Hades in the "Tomb of the Saint - Expert: King of the Underworld" dungeon don't use an Odin to beat him. He will still one shot you to death. You basically need a zombie team and luck to beat him unfortunately.

I had to look those dungeons up and those are indeed the same dragons in there.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Shiiiit. Any idea what it takes to get through something like Hera Descends?

Tried it a while ago, basically it is for those players who are really high ranked. Like 38thDoe said it is a super zombie team that will beat them and even then they will still have to use one magic stone or so to finish it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    You can zombie team Hera if you have a Viper orochi, on that note theres one thing im still confused about, which of my team leaders does it use for friends, is it just the most recent team i have useds leader or is it team number 1's leader. Because i have a viper orochi and will make sure hes up constantly for people.

No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • Options
    Oh. I thought it was something that was actually somewhat doable. Since I have a Shiva and can get up to almost 15k HP I had hopes. Oh well, lol.

Oh well.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Its the most recent leader.
    Betsuni wrote: »

If you're talking about the Hades in the "Tomb of the Saint - Expert: King of the Underworld" dungeon don't use an Odin to beat him. He will still one shot you to death. You basically need a zombie team and luck to beat him unfortunately.

Well... I was trying rotating keepers shield to get through. I failed due to bad math... you need 4 keepers to make that work.

My zombie team died on the second room, 2 ogres same timer. ._.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

Yes, but it is really really hard to get those drops. Much better in the sky dungeons.

I'm assuming I can't do the sky dungeons yet though so I figured I'd try and farm from those when it starts getting too hard to progress

• Options
    What does your edit team screen look like?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    What does your edit team screen look like?

Not sure what you mean, I have 2200 hp, 550ish fire and light atk, 330 grass, 640 rcu. I'm using tyrannos+2 as leader, fire ogre, dragon fruit, zerche and a green carbuncle

• Options

I'm assuming I can't do the sky dungeons yet though so I figured I'd try and farm from those when it starts getting too hard to progress

The dragons pop out of the pal eggs fairly often as far as I've seen, so you may have better luck with that.