As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Depths and Delvers Heroes of the Forgotten Bulge

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    I really shouldn't be doing this for a first time playing a system, but I'm building my character for Bucketmans thing with the goal of not having the other players know what my character is. Just a mercenary with the group fighting alongside the others. A flash of light and somebody is on fire through unknown means.

"I gotta say, I'm starting to think that one of us is a Secret Wizard."
    "Wait, what? Is that even a thing?"
    "Well, how do you figure people we fight keep bursting into flame? And don't say spontaneous combustion, we both agreed that that's totally fake and not real."
    "No, you agreed to that and I got tired of arguing about it."
    "Same diff."
    "No, it's not, but I don't care anymore. Anyway, what about Bob, isn't he a wizard?"
    "Yeah, but his thing is cold spells."
    "Okay, yeah, forgot about that. What the about other guy, whatsisface?"
    "You mean Flamegar von Fyresetter?"
    "Yeah, him."
    "Nah, he's just some merc with a mysterious past and equally mysterious goals. Me, I think it's you."
    "What. Have you seen the size of my sword, lately? When have I ever so much as acted like a wizard?"
    "Well, there was that one time..."
    "I WAS DRUNK!"

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    DO IT!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Flamegar von Fyresetter is clearly up front hitting things with a sword, no way he's a wizard. He keeps thanking a god but it's always a different name when he does so.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Flamegar von Fyresetter is clearly up front hitting things with a sword, no way he's a wizard. He keeps thanking a god but it's always a different name when he does so.

Hey man gotta keep your options open when it comes to worship.

• Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    I did that with a changeling cleric, it was fun keeping it all a secret from the other characters.

Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    In pathfinder there is only one correct option for godly worship. That is Cayden Cailean, her got drunk, took a bet, and became a god somehow. He was to drunk to remember

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    In pathfinder there is only one correct option for godly worship. That is Cayden Cailean, her got drunk, took a bet, and became a god somehow. He was to drunk to remember

he primary servant is a 9ft tall celestial former hooker

• Options
    Rainfall and Zongal have their characters made up! The rest of you need to get your butts in gear! I already wrote up the intro post and everything.

I AM SO EXCITED YOU GUYS!

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Golarion is alright.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Rainfall and Zongal have their characters made up! The rest of you need to get your butts in gear! I already wrote up the intro post and everything.

wait what's going on

what is this

• Options

wait what's going on

what is this

I am running a pathfinder pbp for some dudes

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular

wait what's going on

what is this

I am running a pathfinder pbp for some dudes

ooooo cool

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular

Haha woo! Tiefling Inquisitor rules!
    Okay, it's not my greatest work ever, but it's still early and I don't want to utterly break stuff.
    I'm pretty excited to see what everyone else has!

Plus I really like my character and the versatility and growth potential. Inquisitors are sweet, man.

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    wait, pathfinder has tieflings?

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    wait, pathfinder has tieflings?
    Yep. Aasimar, too.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    sucks to your aasimar

• Options
    well given that what I've seen of pathfinder-original stuff is pretty dumb I guess it makes sense to swipe whatever you legally can

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    sucks to your aasimar

I think of that same thing every time I see that.

• Options
    well given that what I've seen of pathfinder-original stuff is pretty dumb I guess it makes sense to swipe whatever you legally can

Why not, right? They changed a few things compared to 3.5, Tieflings are now direct offspring of various monstrous demons/devils/oni/raksha/etc instead of just having bad blood in the line, but they're pretty damn similar otherwise.

• Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular

and yet, a significant amount of what they chose to legally swipe via the SRD and the Tome of Horrors is really dumb

• Options
    gtrmp wrote: »

and yet, a significant amount of what they chose to legally swipe via the SRD and the Tome of Horrors is really dumb

I remain convinced that making awful decisions is a curse upon the entire d20 OGL and all associated products.

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular

I'm working on everything right now, should I use some sort of online thingy to post my character sheet when I'm done?

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Ah, damn, I should have asked if I could jump on the Pathfinder thing.

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Thorn413 wrote: »

I'm working on everything right now, should I use some sort of online thingy to post my character sheet when I'm done?

I just typed mine up, so I don't think format matters.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    IIRC Clerics of Cayden Cailean get an ability that they can neutralize poison by turning it into alcohol.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Fantastic.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Myth-Weavers does Pathfinder sheets. If you're playing online that's probably the easiest thing to use.

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    the Pathfinder SRD has "Race Points" listed for some of the alternate races these days.

what the hell are "race points" and how am I supposed to handle that as a DM?

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    the Pathfinder SRD has "Race Points" listed for some of the alternate races these days.

what the hell are "race points" and how am I supposed to handle that as a DM?

Here you go.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Ah, wait, I found the "creating new races" page, that helps a lot.

Definitely letting my players play as constructs if they want to.

edit - I mean, uh, thanks, Owenashi, very useful

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I freaked out when building my character for Bucketman about the whole RP thing, I must have asked five times in my PM if it was okay to do a tiefling.

Then again, I ended up with Energy Resist 5(acid, electricity, fire,)and DR 2/silver at level 1, so I felt a little ridiculous.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    construct is 20rp which is more for just the race type before any other attributes are applied than any of the current races total up to

eg it is insanely powerful and there is essentially no way to get that point cost down to a reasonable level

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    I liked Tieflings before 4e. The demony thing was less structured, with more divergence on what weird qualities express themselves.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Why are we hating on aasimar again?

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »
    I liked Tieflings before 4e. The demony thing was less structured, with more divergence on what weird qualities express themselves.

they got a lot of love in the planescape setting and pathfinder brought that kinda diversity back

• Options

4E Tieflings are still cool, but the 3.5/Pathfinder ones really get the whole demonspawn devil child feel across a lot better.

• Options
    I think they's ugly and boring in 4e. Different strokes.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    construct is 20rp which is more for just the race type before any other attributes are applied than any of the current races total up to

eg it is insanely powerful and there is essentially no way to get that point cost down to a reasonable level

that's why I make them start at a lower class level

• Options
    what happened to tieflings is a pretty tidy metaphor for everything that happened with 4e that I thought was great

namely vagueness being more rigidly codified and organized

also more cleavage because cleavage is a defining trait of 4e tieflings

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    I think they's ugly and boring in 4e. Different strokes.

Well they're definitely ugly. I like the scions of a fallen infernal empire deal, though. It's a neat twist on a concept that admittedly did not need a twist.

This discussion has been closed.