As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You think this letter on my head stands for [Awesome Moments]?! NSF56K

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Caution

Dr. Strange is not responsible for any collateral damage caused in the exorcism of your domicile.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Now this is Batman. Doing what the police can't. Tough on crime. Slightly unhinged.
    BatmanDangle_zpsaac9cfb1.jpg
    BatDangle2_zps4e412f15.jpg
    BatDangle3_zpsfc4663a8.jpg

• jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Maybe I'm just getting old - but I think I prefer happy Batman to grimdark Batman. Its OK to smile, Bruce.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    NO kyle

Smiling is what the PINKOS and the COMMIES do and Frank Miller will have no truck with that

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am fine with some grim Batman sometimes

but TDKR is not good at all

CYpGAPn.png
    DKR was excellent for when and what it was.

Its overall legacy sucks ass, though.

• sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular
    The best Batman is Dick Grayson Batman.

Maybe I'm just getting old - but I think I prefer happy Batman to grimdark Batman. Its OK to smile, Bruce.

Mmm, I don't trust anyone who smiles in a Frank Miller book.
    CottonJoker1_zpsc7b6e0da.jpg
    CottonJoker2_zps59701c8c.jpg
    CottonJoker3_zpsd7b8db87.jpg

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    Crimsondude nailed it.

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    But of course I did. :)

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

I assume all the jokes have been made about this single panel already.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

I assume all the jokes have been made about this single panel already.

You would be correct.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I still love the recap page from Young Avengers #2

tumblr_mivwesC66e1qzniqdo1_1280.jpg

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Yeah okay that's pretty clever.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Those usernames are great, FreerangeCage!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    It's stuff like that that makes Yoing Avengers fresh. Although after the second issue I'm a bit unhappy with the pacing. Each book doesn't really give me enough on its own to make for a satisfied read. I think I'm going to start trade waiting it because that worked really well for the other YA titles I've read.

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Found these weird Japanese parodies of Marvel Characters, in which heroes with slightly different names all live in an apartment together.

heroso02e_zps935d001e.jpg

heroso15e_zps1eba9236.jpg

More here.

• UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    in a recent interview Gillen said that one of their goals with Young Avengers is "to do something astounding every issue. We want people, when they pick up 'Young Avengers' to think, 'What on Earth are they going to do to the art this issue?'" and I've been loving what they've done so far

Most people have seen the Skrull attack from YA #1 already, but just in case:
    M9w9LaV.jpg

In YA #2, a metadimensional prison:
    IY6LPWA.png
    sNj5xry.png
    4dfJejU.png

finally, YA #3's opening action sequence:
    nMBFaIP.jpg
    N60vHHy.jpg
    u7QJeio.jpg

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Heroes of H Mansion was always good, and made me wonder why Marvel never let Gurihiru write a Power Pack or other fun book.

I just loved how he was always called Spidey-Man, and the bad guys were literally right down the street.

• SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    I'm loving YA to death. I can't wait to see what they pull in #4.

Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Heroes of H Mansion was always good, and made me wonder why Marvel never let Gurihiru write a Power Pack or other fun book.

Gurihiru writes? I thought they just did illustration.

They wrote those H Mansion webcomics, and unless the translator punched up the stuff, it was really funny, it was able to transcend any cultural barriers there might be.

There really should be a Marvel NOW relaunch of the Power Pack kids books, here's their shot!

• RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    U6fyktC.jpg

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    For some reason that Cyclops face looks hilarious to me.

• RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    Jim Cheung has a tendency to draw his characters a little "stretch-face" from time-to-time.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Children's Crusade is awful and everyone is stupidly out of character in it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Children's Crusade should be cast from the pages of history

send forth the warrior-scribes! Burn it from the libraries of men!

U6fyktC.jpg

*cough cough*
    Cyclopskills_zps56210dfe.jpg

• AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    U6fyktC.jpg

*cough cough*

And Cyclops was perfectly willing to be punished for it, as AvX Consequences showed. He was perfectly content to remain in jail up until a bunch of mutant haters killed a mutant in front of him in the prison and no one in authority did anything about it. At that point he decided that no one else was going to step up to the plate to protect new mutants, so he had to. Regardless of what it did to his image or standing among the Marvel heroes.

PSN|AspectVoid
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    U6fyktC.jpg

*cough cough*

And Cyclops was perfectly willing to be punished for it, as AvX Consequences showed. He was perfectly content to remain in jail up until a bunch of mutant haters killed a mutant in front of him in the prison and no one in authority did anything about it. At that point he decided that no one else was going to step up to the plate to protect new mutants, so he had to. Regardless of what it did to his image or standing among the Marvel heroes.

so now that the Avengers Unity Team is doing just that, not to mention the original X-Men, he's going to turn himself in, right? Mission accomplished, continuing the "revolution" is just going to create more anti-mutant sentiment, time to let the non-murderers look after mutants while he accepts his rightful punishment.

Fearghaill wrote: »
    U6fyktC.jpg

*cough cough*

so now that the Avengers Unity Team is doing just that, not to mention the original X-Men, he's going to turn himself in, right? Mission accomplished, continuing the "revolution" is just going to create more anti-mutant sentiment, time to let the non-murderers look after mutants while he accepts his rightful punishment.

Except so far neither of those teams have been doing that, as shown in the last issue of Uncanny. Maybe when they do actually start doing that, he will.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    U6fyktC.jpg

*cough cough*

you mean the unity team that features the woman who pushed mutants to the brink of extinction on it? When was it that she accepted her rightful punishment?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hey, it's water under the bridge, Cap's going to make out with her and everything will be forgiven because he trusts her.

She wasn't responsible for what she did anyway

neither was Cyclops

does nobody at all understand how these things work

you cannot be held responsible for actions that you did not choose to take

Neither Cyclops or Scarlet Witch chose to act as they did because of extenuating services (cosmic possession/temporary insanity)

Solar wrote: »
    She wasn't responsible for what she did anyway

neither was Cyclops

does nobody at all understand how these things work

you cannot be held responsible for actions that you did not choose to take

Well, Cyclops is guilty of breaking out of jail. He chose to do that as a rational decision. I would have no problems if he was arrested and put on trial for that.

PSN|AspectVoid
    being guilty of breaking the law =/= moral failure

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    This is the worst argument and you geese insist on having it everywhere. I avoid the x-men and avengers thread because of shit like this, and now it is here too. Not an awesome moment at all.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    enjoyable exchange from a prose story in the back of More Than Meets the Eye 13
    "You're saying the more outwardly peaceable and well-adjusted a society, the greater the likelihood-"
    "Of it having a sinister underbelly. Yup."
    "Even Lovetopia, off Rigel VII?"
    "Lovetopia? Please. The Lovetopian elite were selling the lower classes to the Macerators. The 'magic ingredient' in every pint of Yum Yum Juice? An impoverished family of six."
    "Cuddlex, in the Benevolon Sector?"
    "A wonderful place for a vacation—if you ignore the fact that they breed haemoslaves to fight in service to the Antigod. And don't even get me started on the living hell that is Giggleopolis."

Solar wrote: »
    being guilty of breaking the law =/= moral failure

Wolverine visited Cyclops in prison and said that while Scott wasn't guilty of murder, he was guilty of letting things get too far along down the wrong road. Scott's policies invited trouble and that was his moral failing.

This discussion has been closed.