[WOW] Mists of the Patch of the Thunder King of Pandaria

1939495969799»

Posts

  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    MetalMagus wrote: »
    PTR is PTR and all, but some beta testers are reporting that you can now transmog directly from your bank and Void Storage. On the one hand, that's really how it should have been day 1, on the other THANK YOU BLIZZARD!

    I can't seem to put anything in my void bank at all. Never have been when I've tried, actually.

  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Registered User regular
    Probably a dumb question but...you did pay the 100g unlock fee, right?

    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    you can do the transmog from void storage thing on live with a mod. they added the functionality in 5.2, just not the ui for it

  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Probably a dumb question but...you did pay the 100g unlock fee, right?

    How very...strange. The popup asking for the 100g literally never popped up until you asked this.

    Like, I've opened it tons of times, and I never saw that request show up before.

  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    You can transmog from Void Storage right now, it's just not properly exposed in Blizz's UI. There's a mod that connects the pieces out there, I forget its name though.

    Edit: Oh hey, there's another page here. Cool.

    Opty on
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    I'd like an account page that let's you claim items you've unlocked. Tabards should be a drop down menu, but the holiday items and BoA items should be available anywhere, at anytime and on any character.

    Vanity items as well. Like all the ones you get from Pandaland and archeology.

    Brainleech
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Keemossi wrote: »
    I don't think getting 496 without raiding will be that hard in 5.3. LFR - gear is 502, and there's 522 VP gear for many slots. And the 522 crafted items will get cheaper as people start DEing ToT gear, too.

    Add item upgrades (at 250 VP / 4ilvls now?), and it shouldn't be too hard to get 496. There's still lots of time before 5.3 hits, after all.

    Though, fresh characters can't reach that really. Which.. kind of goes with Blizzard's idea that you have to go through most of the content to gear a character, or something..?


    I find the new VP items annoying atm.. I have a 476 belt that I would really like to replace, but getting revered takes ages. I have a 476 trinket that I would like to replace, but the hit/agi proc seems really bad for brewmaster (or really for pretty much anything, since it easily puts hit so high it's not possible to reforge everything away). I'll probably just get the pants unless I get really lucky and have tier legs drop this reset.. meh. Kind of feels like there's many items I sort of want but anything I'll buy will end up replaced or redundant really soon anyway :\

    Yes the VP items on the 5.2 daily factions don't seem that very well thought out. With a token, and maybe some rep tokens from other characters, you can get to revered in just a few days now if you want, but would you spend 900 some VP on a 496 or wait and spend 1250 on a 522. If you can eek out 480 via some finagling with BoE's, PvP gear, etc, you can have access to multiple 522's pretty much as fast as you can get to the 496's so....

    I mean, it's nice that they're there? But they should have been honored, at most or something. As it stands, they just feel weird. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something. I just can't imagine spending VP on those items when there are those 522's right there.

    Maybe as a 'buy, queue, sell' thing? That's what I use the 496's off the 5.1 factions for now, to get me into LFR queues before I have the ilvl and save the VP.

    Nah, I meant the 522 VP items. They're annoying, the Sunreaver VP items are just so plain bad and stupid I totally forgot about them. Items that are worse than LFR gear.. why would I even consider them? I guess they're there to make it a bit easier to reach LFR ilvls.. but even trying to get people waste VP there is kind of a dick move. They should've been JP.. :\

    Keemossi on
    forty
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    There's no real reason to hoard VP at this point, so I would go ahead and spend it if you need the ilvls for LFR or whatever. Even assuming you want whatever thing unlocks at every level of shadow pan assault rep, it will take you multiple weeks to progress past honored so you'll have VP to spare.

    I suspect the sunreaver vendor included 496 VP gear for exactly this reason; it's cheap and it'll help LFRers/new alts catch their ilvl up quickly.

    Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I miss when you had 5 mans and rep tabards to catch up in ilvl :(

    fortyKreutzBeasteh
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    I need to get on my rantbox about interrupts in general, this expansion. When I'm out in the world, or even working on "most" trash, my interrupt attempts don't work. "Crit Runes" in Court of Bones? nope. Chain Lightning and Thunderstorm on normal ToT trash? nope. 2/3 of buff casts most MoP world mobs cast? Hell no.

    Not to mention, the only place that I seem to be able to reliably Purge a target without the game saying "lolwut" is the first area of the Golden Lotus dailies.

    I know I'm generalizing, but it's really frustrating. I should be allowed to interrupt more casts that I'm currently allowed in MoP.

    forty
  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Hey there Herpes, or anone else, really, I'll start a new thread with my plain old decorations but if you want to create something jazzier, be my guest.

  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Invisible wrote: »
    I'd like an account page that let's you claim items you've unlocked. Tabards should be a drop down menu, but the holiday items and BoA items should be available anywhere, at anytime and on any character.

    Vanity items as well. Like all the ones you get from Pandaland and archeology.

    I really would like this to be a box added to the bank instead of the disapointment void storage has turned into

    My brother has grouped with you Herpes on his paladin a few times and he told me that you told him to keep your user name a secert

  • OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I need to get on my rantbox about interrupts in general, this expansion. When I'm out in the world, or even working on "most" trash, my interrupt attempts don't work. "Crit Runes" in Court of Bones? nope. Chain Lightning and Thunderstorm on normal ToT trash? nope. 2/3 of buff casts most MoP world mobs cast? Hell no.

    Not to mention, the only place that I seem to be able to reliably Purge a target without the game saying "lolwut" is the first area of the Golden Lotus dailies.

    I know I'm generalizing, but it's really frustrating. I should be allowed to interrupt more casts that I'm currently allowed in MoP.
    I know for a fact the Crit Runes cast is properly marked as uninterruptible by the silver border around its castbar and shield around its icon on the default UI's enemy castbars. If you have mods that change your UI but don't continue to provide you the uninterruptible stuff, then you need to fix your UI. Generally the only way to "interrupt" those spells is with a stun and that only really works on mobs out in the world and not those found in instances/raids.

  • tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    I would just like to say that full heirlooms, monk xp-buff and elixir of ancient knowledge is legendary. I cleared six levels in under an hour last night. I'll be done with BC and Wrath in about three hours and a handful of dungeon runs.

    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
    Smrtnik
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    My panda rogue blew thew 9 levels in one dungeon

    SmrtnikPenumbraBeasteh
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Even if you're coming in with crappy PvE gear you still have the base 65% resilience which is a substantial difference from what it is now. You won't be super competitive, but it shouldn't be better at least.

    Anyway; BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Nathan Jaworski ‏@NathanJaworski 12h
    @Ghostcrawler Tri-spec datamined, should we ignore it or is there plans to implement?

    Greg Street
    @Ghostcrawler
    @NathanJaworski Just an experiment. You can datamine a lot that may not come to pass anytime soon (e.g. Defense of the Alehouse).

    Well there goes that moment of happiness. :(
    You'll die slower than before, obviously, but you'll still be a complete waste of a slot compared to someone with actual damage/healing output.

    And GC, why you gotta keep being such a dick about this?

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • MugsleyMugsley Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I need to get on my rantbox about interrupts in general, this expansion. When I'm out in the world, or even working on "most" trash, my interrupt attempts don't work. "Crit Runes" in Court of Bones? nope. Chain Lightning and Thunderstorm on normal ToT trash? nope. 2/3 of buff casts most MoP world mobs cast? Hell no.

    Not to mention, the only place that I seem to be able to reliably Purge a target without the game saying "lolwut" is the first area of the Golden Lotus dailies.

    I know I'm generalizing, but it's really frustrating. I should be allowed to interrupt more casts that I'm currently allowed in MoP.
    I know for a fact the Crit Runes cast is properly marked as uninterruptible by the silver border around its castbar and shield around its icon on the default UI's enemy castbars. If you have mods that change your UI but don't continue to provide you the uninterruptible stuff, then you need to fix your UI. Generally the only way to "interrupt" those spells is with a stun and that only really works on mobs out in the world and not those found in instances/raids.

    That's still a problem to me. If it casts, I should be able to say "NO". Conversely, I would have less of an issue if mobs were allowed to do the same to me.


    And, yes I use TidyPlates and Quartz so I don't see all that.

  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I need to get on my rantbox about interrupts in general, this expansion. When I'm out in the world, or even working on "most" trash, my interrupt attempts don't work. "Crit Runes" in Court of Bones? nope. Chain Lightning and Thunderstorm on normal ToT trash? nope. 2/3 of buff casts most MoP world mobs cast? Hell no.

    Not to mention, the only place that I seem to be able to reliably Purge a target without the game saying "lolwut" is the first area of the Golden Lotus dailies.

    I know I'm generalizing, but it's really frustrating. I should be allowed to interrupt more casts that I'm currently allowed in MoP.
    I know for a fact the Crit Runes cast is properly marked as uninterruptible by the silver border around its castbar and shield around its icon on the default UI's enemy castbars. If you have mods that change your UI but don't continue to provide you the uninterruptible stuff, then you need to fix your UI. Generally the only way to "interrupt" those spells is with a stun and that only really works on mobs out in the world and not those found in instances/raids.

    I know my Shadowed Unit Frames doesn't show it as uninterruptable, but the health bar mod I use (tidyplates) will.

    In general, I love letting those runes go through, kiting the mob off them, and then use them myself for the crit buff.

  • FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.