As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Myrtle Beach and Points Beyond

Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Social Entropy++
This is my first new thread in a while, but I need some help here.

My family and I are leaving for vacation at 3:00am (EST) Friday morning, which means that today is my last day of work. I am really excited and having a hard time concentrating to get through the day. We are going to Myrtle Beach, SC for the first time. Usually, we just stay in the same old house at the NJ shore but I wanted to spice things up a little bit for my parents.

I'm really excited about doing some fishing when we get down there. We are going to rent a patio boat that fits up to 10 people and stay in the inlets and bays and do some small tackle fishing. I don't know that much about salt water fishing, so I'm fuckin stoked.

What do you guys know about SC? Has anybody ever been to Myrtle Beach? What vacations are you taking this summer?

Also, side question - Since we're gonna be in the car for about 10 hours (leaving early as hell in the morning), what rockin fucking songs would you put on a mix CD (or 5)?

Wise_a on

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Being that any destination is better then New Jersey, I'm sure you'll have a fun time even if you end up getting beat in the testicles with a hammer for the whole trip.

Hunter on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Myrtle Beach is only marginally better than new jersey, and still one of the worst beaches on the planet

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ahahahha jersey

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    that sounds like the crappiest holiday

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    Being that any destination is better then New Jersey, I'm sure you'll have a fun time even if you end up getting beat in the testicles with a hammer for the whole trip.

You'd be surprised. The Jersey shore is alot of fun if you go to the right places. Places like Belmar are just basically NY people who wear armani exchange and have blowouts. We go to Lavalette, which is close enough to the bars in Seaside to be fun but far enough away from that mess.

Every year, we walk from the top of the boardwalk to the bottom, hitting each bar as we go. We end up hammered at 4 am eating huge slices of pizza and then passing out when we get home. All in all, thats one part of the jersey shore trip I'm gonna miss.

One time, we met a guy who still had the hanger in his shirt (that he was wearing). He was WRECKED. We asked him why he had the hanger still, and he gave the old "Just hangin around".

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Myrtle Beach is only marginally better than new jersey, and still one of the worst beaches on the planet

What are you, the NJ & SC master? Do you have your Doctorate in shitty beaches of the east coast?

Wise_a on
  • Options
    GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I suggest getting herpes while you're there.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    and the crappiest past holidays

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Air wrote: »
    that sounds like the crappiest holiday

Oh yeah? Well you're a big jerk who's stupid and his big ugly face is as dumb as a butt.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »

What are you, the NJ & SC master? Do you have your Doctorate in shitty beaches of the east coast?
    this is the stupidest thing I have read all week

I've been to both jersey and myrtle beach, douchebag, and they're both awful

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hunter wrote: »

You'd be surprised. The Jersey shore is alot of fun if you go to the right places. Places like Belmar are just basically NY people who wear armani exchange and have blowouts. We go to Lavalette, which is close enough to the bars in Seaside to be fun but far enough away from that mess.

Every year, we walk from the top of the boardwalk to the bottom, hitting each bar as we go. We end up hammered at 4 am eating huge slices of pizza and then passing out when we get home. All in all, thats one part of the jersey shore trip I'm gonna miss.

One time, we met a guy who still had the hanger in his shirt (that he was wearing). He was WRECKED. We asked him why he had the hanger still, and he gave the old "Just hangin around".

I live in Pennsylvania.

In a suburb of Easton, PA...the farthest east you can get in PA without being in NJ.

NJ is a shithole

We're getting gambling, so fuck you Atlantic City

I'd rather go south or north to get to beaches.

Hunter on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Myrtle Beach is cool. Just stay either North of it, in Calabash, or south, in Georgetown. Either of those are best places for fishing. If you like Miniature Golf though, or your parents, just go down 17 Business, or King's Hwy, and you can hit up all the putt-putt places. We are the putt-putt capitol of the world. Ha. Ha ha.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    do you sit in the corner of a bar with your mother til 2am drinking margaritas thinking 'wow this is the high point of my year'

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Yeah? Well girls have babies out of their vaginas...so good luck with that.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think each and every beach is beautiful in it's own special way.
    Unless they have jellyfish, because ew.

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I just realized that your name is a Heinlein reference.
    You are suddenly much cooler than I gave you credit for being.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    SoulGate wrote: »
    Myrtle Beach is cool. Just stay either North of it, in Calabash, or south, in Georgetown. Either of those are best places for fishing. If you like Miniature Golf though, or your parents, just go down 17 Business, or King's Hwy, and you can hit up all the putt-putt places. We are the putt-putt capitol of the world. Ha. Ha ha.

Do you live in Myrtle Beach? I'm definitely gonna try and get some fishing in Friday night. Any recommendations?

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

now you understand why I think I'm so cool

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

now you understand why I think I'm so cool

I grok it dog.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Air wrote: »
    do you sit in the corner of a bar with your mother til 2am drinking margaritas thinking 'wow this is the high point of my year'

Nope, we are pretty much always on the go. I have 2 guy friends who come down and stay with me, plus myself and my fiance. We just walk down the boardwalk, drinking and watching everybody else be ridiculous characters. You should see some of the shit that goes on there at night.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Do you live in Myrtle Beach? I'm definitely gonna try and get some fishing in Friday night. Any recommendations?

I live an hour from MB. What do you want to do there, just fish? Hit the beach? club hoppin' (Dunno about this, only been to 2 clubs)?

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007

This post does nothing to convince me that you're not a elitist fag, manifest.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I live an hour from MB. What do you want to do there, just fish? Hit the beach? club hoppin' (Dunno about this, only been to 2 clubs)?

Probably all of those things. We're gonna go out for sure Saturday night, and try and hit a bunch of bars that are within walking distance (which I hope there are).

Fishing will be surf casting and pier fishing except for the patio boat on monday.

My family will probably just relax on the beach.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Well, I am better than you, so I'd expect you to say that.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    One could even say that the main attraction of a vacation is who you're with, rather then where you're going.
    (at least if you're poor you can say that)

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Not that it matters what I think anyway, but still. Every time I read one of your posts I think "Man, this guy is generally an elitist douchebag".

If you really think you're better than me, take a cue from people who actually are. Look at how Orik and Knob act - they radiate awesomeness without all the extra douchbagerry that comes with you.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    so how's that making a thread working out

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Trexy wrote: »
    One could even say that the main attraction of a vacation is who you're with, rather then where you're going.
    (at least if you're poor you can say that)

Ha! Thats what I think, maybe I'm poor. But all I wanna do on my vacation is relax, get drunk a couple times, get some rest, and do a shitload of fishing. Is that too much to ask?

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    he sure is penising you, manifest

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    so how's that making a thread working out

Seems alright so far - its certainly keeping me occupied / busy at work, which is the main thing.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    KimihiroKimihiro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Myrtle Beach is okay. There's a Ripley's Believe It or Not place there which was pretty awesome, and some random seafood buffet we found where all the employees were dressed as pirates and the food was pretty good. Where are you staying?

Kimihiro on
    FFVIsiggy.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Apparently, yes.

Trexy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

For entertainment!

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Not that it matters what I think anyway, but still. Every time I read one of your posts I think "Man, this guy is generally an elitist douchebag".

If you really think you're better than me, take a cue from people who actually are. Look at how Orik and Knob act - they radiate awesomeness without all the extra douchbagerry that comes with you.

Man, why you gotta be so jealous?
    I could take you under my wing and make you cool, but somehow I think my time would be better spent on Katchem_ash.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Kimihiro wrote: »
    Myrtle Beach is okay. There's a Ripley's Believe It or Not place there which was pretty awesome, and some random seafood buffet we found where all the employees were dressed as pirates and the food was pretty good. Where are you staying?

http://www.planwithtan.com/Default.aspx?tabid=288

I think we are gonna try and get some really good seafood one night. Maybe we'll check that place out - do you remember what it was called?

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Man, why you gotta be so jealous?
    I could take you under my wing and make you cool, but somehow I think my time would be better spent being Katchem_ash.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The dude is like a bee hive.
    One poke with a stick and he goes wild.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007

Liking Heinlein is not a sign of being an elitist prick, it just means you like reading shitty science fiction penned by a racist, deranged old pervert.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The dude is like a bee hive.
    One poke with a stick and he goes wild.

I gotta give you credit though, Manifest. I think you're the only person on these boards that can get under my skin, and then its only because I hate people who think they are better than other people.

In any event, I get to go on vacation soon so who cares.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »

Liking Heinlein is not a sign of being an elitist, it just means you like reading shitty science fiction penned by a racist, deranged old pervert.

Sounds about right.

Wise_a on