As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The PAX East 2013 International Food Exchange (How do you like your coffee?)

15678911»

• Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Sashan wrote: »
    @Decius - Just curious, did the Iron Bru or Jaffa Cakes I got you even make it home from PAX?

I am guessing no on the Jaffas!!

The Irn Bru made it. The Jaffas....not so much.

There may be more requests from others for those cakes next year though ;)

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I got some Jaffas and gave them to my mom, who was hanging out with KAIJA FOGLIO'S MOM. They loved them.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    This was awesome. Got to taste a ton of stuff I've only heard about on the forums before previous PAXes. All SO GOOD.

• Options
    vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    Jaffas were fantastic. Big props to whomever brought those.

I only made it to the last 1/3 (?) of the main exchange because a group of us were splintered off. Between the growing size and coordination, I'm tempted to see if we can make this official or into a charity fundraiser/food drive type thing. I feel like I got to know people better last year and while I did come in pretty late, I hope that some new friends were made here. :)

A friend recently brought me back some Guinness potato chips and Jameson Irish Whiskey fudge from Ireland...the chips are questionable to me, but the fudge (more like caramels, and I don't typically care for caramels) was AMAZING.

• Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Regarding the beer exchange with Lexi: the Bog was very much a mushroom lambic, with an American sour start and ending in mushroom...it was deemed interesting by all who consumed. Not terrible, but, not sure I'd pick up another bottle without already being drunk...might go well with a mushroom pizza though...
    the other beer from Maine, the coffee porter. Slightly stronger coffee taste than I tend to get out of them, but otherwise not anything special. However, quite drinkable and would drink again.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Coan wrote: »
    Not terrible, but, not sure I'd pick up another bottle without already being drunk...

Yeah, EPIC's beers are always a good nerdy argument starter. I love that he's doing such creative stuff but it's definitely not for everybody.

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    CoanCoan TorontoRegistered User regular
    Indeed, I'll certainly be up for looking for more of them next year probably, maybe not Bog, but, I do try to be adventurous and try things at least once.

Posting on the phorum again like its 1999
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I disappeared for a while, but the exchange was awesome! I literally just ate the Coffee Crisp someone gave me (I forget who!) and it was AWESOME. I haven't been brave enough to try the red or black bean Kit Kats yet.

I'm bad at remembering names, but whoever gave me the mystery Kit Kat from Japan: it was kinda gingerbready! Very good.

Already can't wait for next year!

UyhWici.png
  • Options
    KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular
    I would agree with doing this in a room next year would be better especially since I had to convince an enforcer to get the tables we had this year. It seemed rushed but it also seems like people were very hesitant to instigate trades. Ergo why people thought everything was up for grabs. OTOH, everything we traded for was amazing! Biggest hit for us had to be the Green Tea Kit Kats. Best giveaway, the maple syrup samplers. That was totally a last minute purchase people were very appreciative of. Well that and the candied bacon.

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently
  • Options
    For any one in this thread who is a Redittor, I just discovered this subreddit if you want to do some non-PAX exchanging. Also this thread is giving me idea for Prime...

Americans don't have dill pickle chips?!

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »
    For any one in this thread who is a Redittor, I just discovered this subreddit if you want to do some non-PAX exchanging. Also this thread is giving me idea for Prime...

We do, but only fraction of stores carry them that used to nowadays.

• Options
    KazamagdKazamagd Registered User regular
    Decius wrote: »

FOr some reason this year Lays potato chips has gone a little crazy on the flavor options. Almost to the point where I feel like I am back in the UK. Dill Pickle Chips have been here for at least 4 years and are just called "Pickle Chips". I have also seen the following flavors so far. Ketchup, Sriracha, BLT, Chicken & Waffles, and Shrimp/Prawn.

PAX EAST 2014 Status: [x] 3-Day Pass [x] Hotel [x] Travel Plans [ ] Waiting Patiently
  • Options
    One day you shall be blessed with the wonderfulness of All Dressed...one day!

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
This discussion has been closed.