As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Man.

Buncha flatscans up in this thread.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I kind of hope that someone like Kitty or Storm or Beast calls up Havok and yells his ear off next issue.

• Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    I kind of hope that someone like Kitty or Storm or Beast calls up Havok and yells his ear off next issue.
    tumblr_mkea5rdyjq1qgyzglx2.jpg

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Interesting to see various different internal reactions from mutants against oppression

very Marvel style, that

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Oh wait, flatscan reminds me of Guido sticking his foot in his mouth and making things worse:

xfactor73geecee_zps2f634ce3.jpg

Alex didn't like that new phrase.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    What the hell everyone was all like "wow awesome moment of the week best thing I've seen from mutants for a long time sums up everything wrong with cyclops," and now look at you all. Turning on havok. Did he not have enough concentric circles for you.

• Options
    I really, really think that article is below their usual standard

I've got into this argument a lot on the internet and if anyone wants to get into it them sure

but I do feel that people are being very poor at understanding that people feel different about words and terms and labels and Havok disliking being called a mutant is hardly something that doesn't track into the real world.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah, Alex is speaking his own views that he has learned through his time with X Factor and Xavier and after the events of AvX.

He ain't speaking for every mutant out there. Uncanny X-Men exists for that reason. Scott probably wants to punch Alex in the head for saying that on nati onal tv. And I can't imagine Beast would be ecstatic either.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    glithertglithert Registered User regular
    I'm with the new cyclops. He's like magneto except all he's doing is rescuing mutants from oppression. I can get behind that.

• Options
    I want to apologize for the inflammatory comments I made on Twitter a few nights ago. I was stung by an accusation made about a character — i.e., that the point of view expressed by a fictional character in a book I write revealing me to be a racist. It was late at night, my feelings were hurt, and I lashed out in anger without thinking things through. I’m deeply sorry for my unfortunate choice of words and any offense taken to them.

Rick

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    i'm super mad that he's the one apologizing when it's the other side on twitter that was being terrible people

• Options
    Well he's not apologizing about what Alex said, just for being unprofessional and pretty rude on Twitter. Which he was.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    i'm super mad that he's the one apologizing when it's the other side on twitter that was being terrible people

Whatever the other people said I think its fair to apologize for telling people to drown in hobo piss.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yeah Remender needed to take the high road here, and not all the people being critical of him on twitter were being assholes. Let's hope he can defend his work with more class in the future, he's too good a writer to resort to petty insults.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    I'm glad he apologized. Shows class.

• Options
    AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Ah the tumblr social justice league rears its ugly head.

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    So I found out after that post that he said much more inflammatory stuff after I quit following it all the other night.

So you know, let me find somewhere to put this foot

• Options
    Man after reading the page that they're up in arms about I'm even more angry. "Don't call me a mutant see me as a person" that is a completely acceptable point of view to have. Everyone needs to chill out.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    Regardless, telling fans to drown in hobo piss is not cool.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    I think that Remender probably got rather distressed over the response and reacted poorly at the time

which is understandable, if not excuseable

and now cooler heads have prevailed and Remender has apologized, as is only right

Comics Alliance should apologize for that article as well

Solar on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    If only the latest episode of Strip Search had aired last week, this entire Remender incident could have been avoided.

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Between Cyclops, Vulcan, and Havok it is clear that Havok is the inferior Summers boy.

• Options
    nah man

havok rules

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Things Havok has going for him:
    1) Best classic costume
    2) Lorna Dane
    3) Once blew up Storm while she was being kidnapped by an insane robotic nanny

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Between Cyclops, Vulcan, and Havok it is clear that Havok is the inferior Summers boy.

Vulcan!? Adam-X is cooler than Vulcan.

• Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    To be fair, telling someone to drown in hobo piss, is just how Rick Remender says hello.

I dunno, I feel like the smart play, is always to say that just because the character said it, doesn't mean it's true, or right.

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    New Avengers book, Avengers A.I., by Sam Humphries and Andre Lima Araujo

avengers_a-i_02.jpg

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/marvel-avengers-a-i-series-announced.html

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Avengers
    Avengers AI
    Avengers Arena
    Avengers Assemble
    Avengers + X-Men
    Dark Avengers
    New Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Young Avengers

jeeze

• Options
    Well Dark Avengers will be over by the time AI launches

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    To be fair I'm not sure you could really call this team anything but Avengers with both Vision and Pym on it

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I bet the first arc will be called "do Doombots dream of electric sheep?"

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    *electric world domination

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I want Doombot's arch-nemesis to be HERBIE.

• Options
    Munch wrote: »
    To be fair, telling someone to drown in hobo piss, is just how Rick Remender says hello.

I dunno, I feel like the smart play, is always to say that just because the character said it, doesn't mean it's true, or right.

It is the smart play but you'd probably also get called up on that. They'd get all meta on you and give it a post modern reading "yeah but the artist constructs the text so everything the 'good' characters say is a reflection of the artists intent."

Liberal Arts majors... You don't want to mess with them.

QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Avengers
    Avengers AI
    Avengers Arena
    Avengers Assemble
    Avengers + X-Men
    Dark Avengers
    New Avengers
    Secret Avengers
    Uncanny Avengers
    Young Avengers

jeeze

Coming next: Avenger Avengers, a team where each member is an entire Avengers team.

• Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    That sounds horrible but I'd hate to miss out on any event tie-ins!

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Which team-member team-member will die this month?!?! Which team-member team is not who they claim to be?!?

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Furu has been kidnapped by Ringo and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I sullied my JOKE'S HISTORY
    with many a reported post
    But my spirit lives on in ev'ry DIGIMON
    like a wandering, tormented ghost
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Furu has been rescued by Centipede Damascus.

This discussion has been closed.