As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    The console versions are probably going to be dead in the water very, very quickly. Thanks to Sony and Microsoft doing their usual bitchfighting, there isn't any cross-platform stuff going on.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just preordered. What should I be doing now?

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Did you enter the arkfall codes found Here?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Arthil wrote: »
    The console versions are probably going to be dead in the water very, very quickly. Thanks to Sony and Microsoft doing their usual bitchfighting, there isn't any cross-platform stuff going on.

Yeah, I was going to say

PC or PS3 is entirely a matter of "Do you want to play with other people for longer than a month or so"

Maddoc wrote: »

Yeah, I was going to say

PC or PS3 is entirely a matter of "Do you want to play with other people for longer than a month or so"

That is a good point, the PS3 version will do well probably. But not the 360 version.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Well, I just got to code 98 before it errored out and reset me down to zero. I will try again later.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Well, I just got to code 98 before it errored out and reset me down to zero. I will try again later.

It didn't actually reset you to 0, it's just showing that while that server craps itself. Did the same to me.

What is this I don't even.
    I'll go back to it later.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    we can you pre load?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    So unless I'm mistaken, apparently the Storm Legion expansion will add a free month onto your Rift account?

Yeah, yeah. Steam is where it's at. I've seen some people getting from a shady g2key place or whatever for... A stupidly cheap price, like "So cheap I'm afraid something fishy is going on".

• CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    You can preload right now, the release downloader is in your Trion games. Just add the two Steam codes to your Trion account, assuming Steam.

Cabezone on
    So unless I'm mistaken, apparently the Storm Legion expansion will add a free month onto your Rift account?

Yeah, yeah. Steam is where it's at. I've seen some people getting from a shady g2key place or whatever for... A stupidly cheap price, like "So cheap I'm afraid something fishy is going on".

I just checked the two such places I know of, which the one time I used one provided me with a legit key that was somehow... loopholed as a result of the cheap prices to buy this stuff in Asian countries. Neither seems to be offering the game amazingly cheap, mostly on par with GMG.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    You can preload right now, the release downloader is in your Trion games. Just add the two Steam codes to your Trion account, assuming Steam.

But but but... I want it running via Steam :(

Yeah, I'll just wait I guess.

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    For the people who preordered from Steam, I literally just got my Rift copy in my inventory.

Edit: Oddly enough, I dont have to accept it. I can gift it out as well, it looks like, despite not actually owning it before hand.

Decoy on
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular

It's never going to run through steam.

It will in basically the same way Rift did, unless I've missed some announcement on the subject.

Which is to say it'll have the overlay and track play time and what have you.

• ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    Did anyone figure out a way to disable the [redacted] ingame voice while they were beta-ing?

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Out Of ContextOut Of Context Registered User regular
    ICUb wrote: »
    Did anyone figure out a way to disable the [redacted] ingame voice while they were beta-ing?

Options, audio, voice, off. It likes to turn itself back on when you log on again, though, even though the setting still shows off.

• TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    One last question, is it split into different servers? What server are the EU folks going for? any ideas?

At least for the Open Beta, there didn't appear to be server selection.

We unlocked tier 3 :D

n1woEHJ.png
    edited March 2013
    CorriganX wrote: »
    We unlocked tier 3 :D

Well, there you go. Between Arkfall codes, Steam tiers and the DDE, I've got a nice grouping of bonuses to start out with.

Decoy on
  • Death Cab For AlbieDeath Cab For Albie Registered User regular
    Hey gents, do we have a PA guild going on for this?

...we made it cool to wear medallions and say hotep...
    Hey gents, do we have a PA guild going on for this?

Well it not being live yet makes that difficult, but we should think about that. Anyone got suggestions for names?

I always support something old school. Partially fused with infinity?

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    So the Season Pass is up on Steam now, 25% until April 2nd for $29.99 (39.99 after that date). I guess maybe the discount off the Season Pass included in the pre-order might just be that 25% but it'll last longer? I doubt we'd see a discount plus that 25% off stacked.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    Season Pass:
    The Defiance Season Pass is the ultimate content package for the true Ark Hunter! Players who want to save big on the first 5 DLC packs rolling out after launch. Gamers will get a massive amount of content including a new playable alien species, new weapons and vehicles, missions, and rewards, plus a two bonus items, an exclusive Hellbug hat and a Lock Box.

Seems decent. I would like to see what alien race and stuff is included before I decide.

n1woEHJ.png
    vegeta_666 wrote: »
    So the Season Pass is up on Steam now, 25% until April 2nd for $29.99 (39.99 after that date). I guess maybe the discount off the Season Pass included in the pre-order might just be that 25% but it'll last longer? I doubt we'd see a discount plus that 25% off stacked.

Hmm. If the discount is whether you buy the game from steam or not, one could buy the core game from GMG then the season pass from steam for ultimate savings, yeah?

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    vegeta_666 wrote: »

Hmm. If the discount is whether you buy the game from steam or not, one could buy the core game from GMG then the season pass from steam for ultimate savings, yeah?

I don't think so, the Season Pass is listed as DLC for Defiance so, to buy it you must own Defiance on Steam first.

I hope the 25% off it is now isn't actually the Tier 3 reward. I mean, 25% off is nice and would be good but I'd hope it would give me a longer chance to buy it then just til Tuesday.

Edit: I had the $29.99 now and I was going to get the Season Pass anywho so I picked it up.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |

It will in basically the same way Rift did, unless I've missed some announcement on the subject.

Which is to say it'll have the overlay and track play time and what have you.

Based on this, I think if it just launches the launcher you can pre-load it happily and Steam will be fine with it, although it will create a new launcher, all the files will probably end up in the same place, or you can just copy them over and restart the launcher, avoiding the lengthy download on release date. I'm quite excited about going into this mostly blind

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    TPSou wrote: »
    One last question, is it split into different servers? What server are the EU folks going for? any ideas?

It's just split into regions - NA, EU, maybe more. It's all one big mega-server for the region, with phased instances, and when you group up you can join the leader's phase.

I'll probably roll with you NA chaps.

Echo wrote: »
    TPSou wrote: »

It's just split into regions - NA, EU, maybe more. It's all one big mega-server for the region, with phased instances, and when you group up you can join the leader's phase.

I'll probably roll with you NA chaps.

Sounds like a plan, unless lag is some kind of crazy problem I'll come onto NA too.

• BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Yay, more people to shoot things with!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Heads up: Steam says the discount on the season pass ends April 2nd. I don't know what's up with that.

edited March 2013
    It's dumb is what's up with that.

Still buying it though >_>;

Arthil on
    That is an expensive season pass, I wonder how much stuff it'll be.

The description doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

• MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    Picked this up. Mans shooting will be had.

Do we have any plans as to establishing a proper sowing circle for our fair towne defence, or is it gun potluck time?

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    There are so many varieties of gun that we're bound to have a glorious rainbow of kaboom.

9KmX8eN.jpg
    Unless something blows me away, chances are I'll stick with my LMG/Medigun combo most of the time. 100 round clip with Overcharge induced reload... yummy. Mooks will be turned red and then quickly dropped for the mooks they are. Muhahaha.