As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strip Search Elimination Challenges (now, NSFW)

MultiMediaMultiMedia Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Artist's Corner
I don't know if anyone has done this yet, but I thought it would be fun.

I'm going to do each of the elimination challenges along with the video releases. This is just the first one, I'll do the 2nd before monday so I can be caught up tuesday.

Please feel free to add your own and/or critique.

I did it in just a bit over 90 mins, I had to stop and do real work 3 times... next one though... I'm holding myself to the time limit.

stripsearch-elemination1.png

-MM

Webdev for hire.
MultiMedia on

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Great initiative. I thought about doing some of the casual collaborative drawing challenges as a community thing on here, might do that sometime.
    I'm not sure what the joke is here. The Russian presses the button and that fires up into a game of pong? That last panel is pretty unclear to me.
    Anyways I'm looking forward to see what you've got in store next.

• MultiMediaMultiMedia Registered User regular
    Yeah that's basically it. Going for pong with the satellites rather than table tennis proper. That and the button is an Atari paddle.

Mostly I was shocked at how quickly 90 mins went by

Webdev for hire.
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    It's a fun idea and a good personal challenge, I was thinking of trying to do it myself when I get some time.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
    90 mins... is fast... took 100 for this one

stripsearch-elimination2.png

Webdev for hire.
  • jwaddjwadd Registered User regular
    the jetsons are watching their normal viewers on tv?

They're watching lost.

The Second challenge words were "the future" and "being lost"

Webdev for hire.
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Gotta have more context to link "man and his dog lying down on brown area" with "Television show Lost". Until your art is so realistic that you are literally able to render the actor's face throwing in a bit more show correlating things would be prudent.

Not a bad concept, though.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Enc has been rescued by Platypus Beirut.

I agree without knowing the challenge or the show (Lost) there's really nothing here. If this were intended to be a "real" comic I would do more about that relationship before posting it.

My biggest challenge for this exercise is the time limit and getting my brain to work inside of that.

Looking forward to tomorrows challenge. I'm going to stop the video as soon as they reveal the words and create my offering.

Webdev for hire.
    stripsearch-elimination3.png

Went way over with my time. I finished half the coloring when the clock ran out and decided to keep working. I think just the black and white would have been fine too.

Great episode though. Sorry to see Lexxy go

Webdev for hire.
  • kyxcerealkyxcereal Registered User new member
    Took a stab at elimination #4's words: Flatulence & Country Fair. Is the joke obvious or funny?

HCqhrcE.jpg

• ExelanExelan Registered User new member
    Flatulence is a really tricky subject to express without coming off as crude (which in most cases does not go hand-in-hand with humor). There's a reason why there is a certain category reserved for people who use "dick and fart" jokes.

-={EX3LAN}=-