As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Maddoc wrote: »
    That is an expensive season pass, I wonder how much stuff it'll be.

The description doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

new vehicles and races to play. And themeparks/(borderlands style) dlc.

If you think of it like its a 60$ game with dlc like borderlands 2 its not SO bad.
    Decoy wrote: »
    Unless something blows me away, chances are I'll stick with my LMG/Medigun combo most of the time. 100 round clip with Overcharge induced reload... yummy. Mooks will be turned red and then quickly dropped for the mooks they are. Muhahaha.

Cloak plus Smig and Shotty. I am the predator.

Hell in the beta I had a SMG with a barrel that reduced damage drop off. It had all the range I ever needed.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    ArlingtonArlington Registered User regular
    TPSou wrote: »

Based on this, I think if it just launches the launcher you can pre-load it happily and Steam will be fine with it, although it will create a new launcher, all the files will probably end up in the same place, or you can just copy them over and restart the launcher, avoiding the lengthy download on release date. I'm quite excited about going into this mostly blind

You can manually run the launcher from the steamapps directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Defiance) to preload on steam. I have 10.5GB of the game so far.

I still plan to remote desktop into my PC during the day tuesday to see if there are any release day patches to download.

• Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    Time to update the OP me thinks.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    can i buy the season pass off steam when i did not buy the game there?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    can i buy the season pass off steam when i did not buy the game there?

Nope, to buy DLC on Steam you have to own the base game.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    So, what is the last day of pre-order. Today?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    On Steam, you can pre-order until it goes live.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Well, since I put in all the arkfall codes into my Trion account. I guess I can get myself to preorder the game.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    TPSouTPSou Mr Registered User regular
    just moved my download folder over to the Steam folder and ran the launcher again and it all seemed fine so it should be easy to move for anyone. 10.4gb

• Options
    So..... we want to use Core's TS3 server (the one from the gw2 thread) or the PA vent?

Why isnt this out yet>?

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yes and Because.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    So..... we want to use Core's TS3 server (the one from the gw2 thread) or the PA vent?

Why isnt this out yet>?

I'll admit, the TS3 is superior in most ways.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    I think tomorrow morning I'll be starting up and recording/streaming everything I can assuming the servers hold.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

Why isnt this out yet>?

Just to be fair it's Draygo's TS3.

He just let's us run it like the circus it is. :lol:

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Entaru wrote: »

Why isnt this out yet>?

Just to be fair it's Draygo's TS3.

He just let's us run it like the circus it is. :lol:

i see.... in that case...

I summon-
    @corehealer
    @draygo

Can you get us a defiance lobby /some rooms under it set up?

is that too presumptuous?

Thats server is the best one (IMO) that pa has access to... and the numbers of gw2 users is not what it once was....

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    I don't think there'd be a problem with it. I've actually been meaning to ask Draygo how he feels about other games and such.

I can also admin things so there's that.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    mojojoeo has been kidnapped by Entaru and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I’m broken in shambles but still breathing
    FRESH as the day I was cooked up
    But time HARDENS me revealing
    Death comes lookin, I’ll fuck him up
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    If you're playing Defiance through steam you have to update your patcher beforehand. Open your steam/steamapps/common/defiance folder and double click Patcher.exe. Now the game on steam is shown as Releasing at 1pm tomorrow (Est), but the servers are coming up at 8am (Which i assume is pst, but who knows). So you can play defiance through the launcher in your steamapps folder.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    Quick question - anyone playing on a just-over minimum requirements machine, or something close?

This game looks good, but my current comp doesn't exceed the minimum by much, and that generally equals terrible gameplay on some games.

• Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    Anyone else occasionally launching the client "just in case" they bring the servers up early?

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Arthil has been kidnapped by Darkewolfe and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I'm BIG and RED and smell like dog buns
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    ICUb wrote: »
    Anyone else occasionally launching the client "just in case" they bring the servers up early?

yup. hoping against hope to play tonight.

They have updated the launcher to have micro-transaction ads and such... launch is creeping closer.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    TPSou has been kidnapped by Entaru and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

You know, I used to love celery
    Til he made a thread how you all want to get with me
    I wanted to ROCKET away and have some fun
    Travel to the LEGEND or PLANET, 3rd rock from the sun
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Picked up the Season Pass before leaving for work today. I did some more reading up on Rift and it seems most people have generally positive-to-glowing things to say about Trion. So going off of that and the fact that I want to see the game succeed, I went ahead and threw down the extra cash. Admittely, I'm completely in the dark about specifics when it comes to what will be in the 5, but it is what it is.

• Options
    Decoy has been kidnapped by Darkewolfe and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Hated democratically, each vote was dear
    Even with Admin’s support, the choice was clear
    Suffice to say, the count was not NEAR
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Geth is everywhere.

• Options
    They've posted on the main forums that the game will be coming up at 5AM BST, so that's about 12 hours from now. Three hours earlier than it currently says in the launcher.

• Options
    ICUb has been kidnapped by TPSou and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

You got a problem?
    I'll SOLVE it
    Dispense BANS and ADVICE
    while the DJ revolves it
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    Retaba has been kidnapped by Entaru and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

My epic thread on WIZARDS
    was perfect and without taint
    These days I've given up posting
    to dabble in a bit of PAINT
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    drunkenpandaren has been kidnapped by Darkewolfe and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

In the future I’ll get a HANDLE
    But for now, I’m split in shambles
    So put up your FISTS! I’m rearing for fights
    On hit! Big crits! P.S. that webcomic bites
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Nm...already posted he correct time.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    They posted that the servers go live at 12am est, April 2..... a few days ago, did that change?

Nope, as far as I can tell this is correct.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I got confused by the BST, I was converting from PST to BST to EST and mangled that translation. We need to get rid of timezones.

Cabezone on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Cabezone wrote: »
    I got confused by the BST, I was converting from PST to BST to EST and mangled that translation. We need to get rid of timezones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swatch_Internet_Time LETS DO IT.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    On the fence with this. Was in all the beta's and saw HUGE improvement between them so I am not worried that Trion and teams won't make a good game... it just didn't grab me. Is the game better with a group? It just seemed like a mad dash everywhere solo. Did we have some groups during these betas and I just missed out?

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
  • Options
    DigitalSyn has been kidnapped by Ender and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I’m NO WHALE, but I love me some hump-BACKS
    VOLLEYBALL’s where I lay my hard smacks
    But even when I can’t make it
    I come home to my snuggly BLANKET
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    On the fence with this. Was in all the beta's and saw HUGE improvement between them so I am not worried that Trion and teams won't make a good game... it just didn't grab me. Is the game better with a group? It just seemed like a mad dash everywhere solo. Did we have some groups during these betas and I just missed out?

For me it was more fun with someone. by leaps. the dungeons arent really super well done atm- but those are always tweaked in mmos. way more fun in a group, and the group activities are fun.

Also 1201 est this game is out. The patcher is incorrect.

• Options
    I agree. The game really was something when I was playing with people. Solo, it was a pretty generic 3rd person shooter.

• Options
    Cabezone has been kidnapped by Garthor and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Munkus is an IMPOSTOR!
    I'm the true RODENT of esteem
    You could also say I foster
    a deep love affair with STEAM
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    vegeta_666 has been kidnapped by Entaru and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I’m broken in shambles but still breathing
    FRESH as the day I was cooked up
    But time HARDENS me revealing
    Death comes lookin, I’ll fuck him up
    Which forumer am I?