As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria. I farmed up 150 Pieces of Meat and all I got was this lousy belt.

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I did realise that I've had a death knight sitting at 85 since MoP released. On a different server, so I'm going to start playing him for a bit.
    Maybe transfer him once he hits 90 or something. His mining is Pandaria levels, but his blacksmithing is sitting at level 1. Which is kinda lame.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Well you can use the training stuff added last patch to get through the otherwise expensive parts of upping blacksmithing; but I wouldn't rely upon it entirely some crafts are like 90 ghost iron bars for only a few skill points which is idiotic.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Yeah, I think it's like 220 stacks of ghost iron bars to get to 500.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    So in order to upgrade an heirloom so it is now active between 80-85, you need to pay the original cost of the old one when you hand it in, so weapons end up costing 7000+ justice points.

That's fucking stupid.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    or wait till 5.3 and it'll only cost 700-1100 more. WEEE.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    It's not like you're using those JP for anything else.
    Also levelling a monk as a tank makes me want to murder fuck the world.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Also levelling a monk as a tank makes me want to murder fuck the world.

Funny, I thought leveling a Brewmaster to mid-70's was basically easy-mode, since it's nearly impossible to die even if you pull three or four mobs at a time. Throw beer at it, set it on fire, use the bouncing chi sphere to heal/damage enemies, occasionally punch or kick them, win.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Oh, being a monk in this situation is unimportant. It's the other people in the dungeons that I hate.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Dibby wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »
    Mugsley wrote: »
    I was using the Crit Runes as an example (I use the same technique as you guys of pulling mob off and using it against them). And, yes, it's the issue of "why is so much shit uninterruptable?" especially out in the game world.

I still don't see a reason why raid trash needs to be uninterruptable. It's only there to give us a breather until the next boss pad the length of the dungeon; so what's wrong with the players making it easier?

Fix't

And yet, look what happens when you have a raid without trash. You get garbage like Trial of the Crusader. Or the 2nd half of Dragon Soul. When you go from Boss to Boss to Boss with NO trash in between, it's boring as fuck. And it doesn't feel good. Trash does actually serve a purpose, believe it or not.

That being said, when you have things like, Horridon trash or Dark Animus trash, I just want to kill everyone and everything. Fuck that shit. Trash is supposed to let you turn your brain off, to give you a breather, to let you relax a bit. When you're blowing Heroism and every single cooldown in your arsenal, that is not trash. That is a miniboss.

See, I don't mind some trash, but the miniboss shit in ToT is annoying as fuck. Use a few packs to preview boss mechanics? Sure. Or add a couple of packs to add to the ambiance of the dungeon/storyline? Great. But all of the packs of "fuck you" trash between bosses is not fun.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    So in order to upgrade an heirloom so it is now active between 80-85, you need to pay the original cost of the old one when you hand it in, so weapons end up costing 7000+ justice points.

That's fucking stupid.

This is why I am going to hit up the faire because I have the pets and pretty much everything else I wanted in there

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

That's fucking stupid.

This is why I am going to hit up the faire because I have the pets and pretty much everything else I wanted in there

you can do upgrades with dmf tokens?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Smrtnik wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »

That's fucking stupid.

you can do upgrades with dmf tokens?

Yep! Same dealy as JP, i.e. the upgrade costs the same amount of tickets as buying the items, so 110-160 tickets depending.

That's actually how I did the majority of the upgardes. I ended up upgrading all but trinkets shortly after 5.2 launched with DMF (and a couple JP), so I have most every heirloom up to 85 now.

• Options
    Can riddle of steel not proc transmute mastery for living steel?

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    What's up with Battle.net all of a sudden?

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Isle of Thunder participation on my server has dropped to single digits now. I'm guessing everyone is getting exalted.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    I have re-subbed after many months.

It's like a reward for myself after working for a few hours. I take a 20 min scenario break or whatever, and then I can get back to work. Rinse-repeat.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    Isle of Thunder participation on my server has dropped to single digits now. I'm guessing everyone is getting exalted.

Same. It's weird; it must be a daily tally beacuse it went from like 20-something % to 8 % and now it's 20%.

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    It's 6:30PM here, so it's peak time. Still single digits. We're pretty much fucked if we ever want to do that boss.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Putting the loot pinata boss behind gates was so fucking idiotic I can't believe they thought of it. I mean at least if it was the boss you were supposed to have an intelligent raid to fight it'd make an iota of sense. Hiding the one meant to dish out pvp gear to pvp geared people doing pve and thus needs to be easily beatable behind weeks upon weeks of questing is just jaw droppingly dumb. Speaking of that, them being surprised Oondasta is GY zerged instead of properly fought just shows how little they understand the people who play their game.

Also since there's no more Sha touched weapons, I'm having a fuck of a time figuring out if this fist weapon I got today is better than the fully upgraded empress mace I already have. I'm leaning towards "yes, but not enough to spend the money for gems, extra gem slot, and enchant, at least until upgrades are available again"

• Options
    Heh, I was just reading the old 1.11 april fools patch notes.

Man. Remember when places like UBRS and Scholo were 10-15 player ordeals?

They were pretty much the first iteration of LFR.

Actually...why don't they have the occasional 10+ man LFD run? That would be a nice change of pace and would let them expand encounter design.

• Options
    I just started doing the Brawler's Guild.
    This is.. actually kinda fun. Naturally there's no real rewards for it, since it's fun content though.
    :rotate:

• Options
    Enosh20Enosh20 Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Putting the loot pinata boss behind gates was so fucking idiotic I can't believe they thought of it. I mean at least if it was the boss you were supposed to have an intelligent raid to fight it'd make an iota of sense. Hiding the one meant to dish out pvp gear to pvp geared people doing pve and thus needs to be easily beatable behind weeks upon weeks of questing is just jaw droppingly dumb. Speaking of that, them being surprised Oondasta is GY zerged instead of properly fought just shows how little they understand the people who play their game.
    does it even matter?
    idk participation feel to like 20-ish I think on my server but it still goes along on a similar rate
    I think, was about 1 week so far for each stage, we just opened the thundreforge on wednesday or tuesday aren't all servers around there?

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Same. It's weird; it must be a daily tally beacuse it went from like 20-something % to 8 % and now it's 20%.

Well I see a lot of people with the dino mounts on the allaince
    And yet a few horde a still there

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

Tell you what, this public measurement of player participation can't possibly be what Blizzard intended. Wouldn't surprise me if they block that ability soon.

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Yay RNG: Finally got the Crystal of Insanity to drop yesterday! Not once, but twice even!

Sixty-some-odd kills and it drops back to back in one day.

Boo RNG: Lei Shit, continuing her awful non-shoulder-and-dagger-dropping streak. Hooray consistency! I'll probably get my Sha weapon right around 6.0.

• Options
    so the legendary quest items seem incredibly rare from LFR. Like...moreso than sigils. I have one. total. o_O

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, I have 1 that I got the first week and nothing since, making it currently for me a 1/15 (6.67%) droprate. WowHead's limited data so far indicates that it's probably a 1 to 2% droprate, so I guess I'm ahead of the game right now?

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    What do you mean everyone doesn't like the Bridge Boss and Greater Bat Boss in ToT? :)

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    So in terms of raiding content, my guild is opting for the "slow and steady" route. Which means we're only just now on Garalon. :)

Question about said fight: Is there any logistical reason why the tanks can't also be pheromone kiters? One tank is saying there's no way we can do it because it's unsurvivable, but after looking at all of Garalon's abilities, there's no special damage the kiter takes that doesn't already happen to everybody, tanks included. And he thinks there's no way tanks can properly kite him while being along the edge dropping pools. Which again doesn't make much sense to me?

Is he right? I mean ideally you'd want almost anybody else, like ranged characters, to do it. But we don't have very many of them. And in brainstorming ideas I'm wondering if the tanks - that is the people designed to sit in front of Garalon so he doesn't get pissy - can also be pheromone carriers and kite. 'Cause it seems like it's totally possible to me.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Opty wrote: »
    Yeah, I have 1 that I got the first week and nothing since, making it currently for me a 1/15 (6.67%) droprate. WowHead's limited data so far indicates that it's probably a 1 to 2% droprate, so I guess I'm ahead of the game right now?

Huh, well then maybe I should be happy I even have one?

I almost didn't care about the legendary questline anymore after so many really meh rewards for each tier, but man those cloaks look sexy for 5.3.

So I guess I'll keep on trucking with it.

Maybe the later LFR's have a higher drop rate or something than the earlier ones.

• Options
    danxdanx Registered User regular
    Does the wowhead data account for people who are running LFR but do not have the quest? That'll skew it downward.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    IMO, the Legendary quest stuff should still drop if you're stuck on Test of Valor.

Because screw this quest.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    IMO, the Legendary quest stuff should still drop if you're stuck on Test of Valor.

Because screw this quest.

It's 'funny' because in a recent interview one of the devs said that the 6k mark was waaaay overboard, and should have been more like 2-3k.

To which I would respond...so change it?

I'm sure there's some 'don't want to invalidate previous work' or some nonsense, but fuck that. Yeah, I did it, I'm currently doing it on 4 more 90's too. I wouldn't be bothered at all if future characters could do it far faster. I knew what I was getting into when I did the 6k the first time, I won't be 'mad' about it it if it's less for others and for alts.

• Options
    JediNightJediNight Registered User regular
    The Wolfman: It's theoretically possible, but makes a complex fight that much more awkward for movement. Unlike LFR, pheremones keep stacking, so you need to swap them off at 20-25. This generally requires a "run by" of the person taking it to prevent accidental pass-back. It also means you could end up outside of the cleave at that time and give the boss a buff. I would also imagine it would leave the two legs along the wall OOR, dropping raid DPS considerably. There are a number of ranged classes that can do their full rotation or close to it while still kiting.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    JediNight wrote: »
    The Wolfman: It's theoretically possible, but makes a complex fight that much more awkward for movement. Unlike LFR, pheremones keep stacking, so you need to swap them off at 20-25. This generally requires a "run by" of the person taking it to prevent accidental pass-back. It also means you could end up outside of the cleave at that time and give the boss a buff. I would also imagine it would leave the two legs along the wall OOR, dropping raid DPS considerably. There are a number of ranged classes that can do their full rotation or close to it while still kiting.

It's totally possible, and is in fact the optimal way to do it on Heroic.... but not entirely necessary on Normal. If you're lacking in the ranged department, I'd suggest having a tank (or two) do it, just make sure the other tank is extremely aware of the other tank's position. You can also have healers do it. Especially at the start, it makes a lot of sense, since you want your dps to be putting as much damage into Garalon.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I thought they did a good job with the trash in ToT. It doesn't get too repetitive and most of it has its own little mechanics which are somewhat interesting.

The only parts I have a beef with are the shadow guys on the bridges (takes too long to do) and the trash before animus (cause god damn, that is a stupid trash pack.)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    a tank can kite phermones for a little while, but as the debuff stacks up the raid damage will eventually become overwhelming. Tanks can do it at the beginning of the fight without too much trouble though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Aww man, they are for real 'shutting down' NPC's in the Troll section of Orgrimmar in 5.3. I thought it would just be like guards everywhere, but according to MMO-Champ the bankers/auctioneers/vendors will just say "sorry, too dangerous".

I'm torn. It's a neat thing to do for lore, but the troll section AH/Bank is where my bank alt parks because it is all right there. :(

I hope it goes back to normal eventually; but I imagine at least 5.3 and 5.4 it'll be down.

EDIT: looks like the end-of-questline for the barrens? stuff in 5.3 is 502 boots. That's actually pretty nice. Boots, in general, are my bane in finishing transmog sets. They look to match the ToT LFR sets. Also, get to 90, go do the quests, get a pretty big boost in ilvl. It'll make the Sha quest boots irrelevant, mostly, but hey. that's how it goes.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Man, if I'm always going to get ToT's in progress first time, at least give me one after trash.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I got into a second section ToT tonight after a wipe.

Too bad it was on trash.

The trash before Tortos. There were about 3 more deaths before I just said "fuck it" and dropped.