As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't see rescue option

LanglyLangly Registered User regular
I got made a kidnapper in the forum game right at the start, and I cannot see the "rescue" option for any kidnapped player, regardless if it was my victim or not.

That could just be design but I wanted to let someone know if it wasn't. It's not a big deal, I just get itchy to answer riddles and thwart my criminal competition.

Langly on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Working. As. Intended.

Now help spread the disease.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I can't see the rescue option either, and am not a kidnapper as far as I know.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize it's on the person as opposed to on the Geth post.

jdarksun on
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    jdarksun has been rescued by Gaslight.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Can I opt out of this silliness?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    maximumzero has been rescued by shadowane.

• Options
    jdarksun has been rescued by Decomposey.

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla

You can come join BigRed on my shitlist if you like, sure.

• Options
    maximumzero has been kidnapped by bowen and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I'm a VEGGIE of a leading sort
    My RANK was quite the prize
    No matter where I hold court
    You might say I'm easy on the EYES
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    jdarksun has been kidnapped by see317 and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I dabble in CARTOGRAPHY
    A virtual type of fun
    But when I finish doing that
    I trot off with my GUN
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not seeing the rescue option on the last two posts. I've only seen it three times so far. On one, the window, completely failed to pop up, on the second, it was just a tiny blue square with an x. On the first one from this thread for jdarksun, I was actually able to get the window to pop up, but by then he'd already been rescued.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Oh wait, now that I reread I see what it is. Gotta hit rescue on the garbled one.
    Hopefully my cruddy IE8 won't be a factor in this.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Tofystedeth has been kidnapped by Thetheroo and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Don’t ask yes or nos, give me the THIRD OPTION
    Think you see me? “Ran away” reads the caption
    Now if you gonna front, you’re cruising for a BATTLE
    (Just don’t get Mully, she’ll own you like chattle)
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    How do we find the garbled posts? Is there a specific thread we have to go to, or are they just scattered all over?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »

I think Tube is starting to have an effect on Icy.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    It may also be worth noting that the layout is completely borked on the mobile site. The masks and ropes don't line up and the riddles are just white, empty squares.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    I'm still trying to figure out who you can kidnap... I couldn't grab someone who isn't banned but hasn't posted in a while, but I could grab TFS, who, well, is and has been banned for a long time

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I'm still trying to figure out who you can kidnap... I couldn't grab someone who isn't banned but hasn't posted in a while, but I could grab TFS, who, well, is and has been banned for a long time
    I think it may be related to who's already been kidnapped.
    Obviously, you can't kidnap someone who's currently in ropes, and you can't kidnap a kidnapper.
    It's possible that you can't kidnap someone who's been kidnapped and freed, though there avatars don't change to reflect that status.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    It's possible that you can't kidnap someone who's been kidnapped and freed, though there avatars don't change to reflect that status.

I have been kidnapped three times - this is not true :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    IcyLiquid wrote: »

It just sucks that I can't "hide" all these posts. In most of the threads today it seems like half of a page is nothing but "Oh hey this guy is kidnapped!" "Oh noes rescue him!" "Figure out these scrambled words!" "Can you solve my riddle, Batman?"

If you look at the "last post" column on just about any board it lists Geth for like half the threads, which obviously means it was a post in relation to this game. It really gets in the way of actual discussion.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

yeah you can go and spend the day on a different forum

• Options
    NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    So, legit question, should we leave feedback on the game here or will there be another thread for it later

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    see317 wrote: »
    I think it may be related to who's already been kidnapped.
    Obviously, you can't kidnap someone who's currently in ropes, and you can't kidnap a kidnapper.

I got a message from Geth about becoming a kidnapper because of being kidnapped for too long, but I've been unable to kidnap anyone and have been kidnapped twice since then. So I have no clue how this works.

DarkPrimus on