As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No, you cannot have your name changed

1232425262729»

• Options
    girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    I'm not going to complain about my forum handle because the fact I didn't put much thought into it is nobody's fault but my own, and my account is less than 6 months old. However should the opportunity present itself, I would like to participate in the coin toss.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    1) It does not work that way. Tube will make a thread that stays up for an hour. That is your one opportunity, and there are certainly no reservations beforehand.
    2) We have not had that thread in over a year or so. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Well, technically, there was the five name changes that went up for charity on Solid Saints, but the bidding shot up to somewhere around $80-$90 by the end of the show.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    That is true, but my point is that this thread does not exist for people to call "dibs" on name changes.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Oh right. Yes, there's none of that.

Also, asking for it to happen, makes it less likely. Something something, the wrath of Tube's apathy.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    my last name is fairly rare, and i don't want certain people searching it on the net. it's a bummer because i made my name without realizing it was the same as display name and could never be easily changed. I would actually take just about any name that isn't my real name.

anyway, not complaining. it's my fault.

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    I would suggest Whomp! for @rfilyaw.

Assuming Tube is feeling magnanimous. (Don't blame me! I'm advocating for someone else! :D )

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    HugmasterGeneralHugmasterGeneral Poopmaster General YobuttRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I would suggest Whomp! for @rfilyaw.

Assuming Tube is feeling magnanimous. (Don't blame me! I'm advocating for someone else! :D )

Would that it were, DC. Would that it were!

(I dunno what 'would that it were' means)

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    We'll find out in a moment when either we get infracted, or you get your name changed.

EDIT: Or our posts just get ignored... yeah... that's a good alternative too. :shock:

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    just officially stating that I'm not asking for a name change

HugmasterGeneral on
  • Options
    girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I wasn't requesting one either, I was simply expressing interest.

girlgamer88 on
    8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • Options
    And we're basically just advising you (and the others) to not hold your breath.

Typically, it's only happened during the Whining Forum events, only at times most inconvenient to the majority of the forum, for one hour at maximum, and hasn't happened in a couple years.

Tube has, however, shown a willingness to auction off a limited number of name changes during the Solid Saints charity drive, so there's that. It's not likely to be on again till next year though.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Whipstitch Zombie has been kidnapped by -Tal and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

I constantly attacked, but not on the OFFENSIVE
    You might have seen my massive missives
    Partial to warcraft, but no white KNIGHT,
    Disagree? You’re in for a fight!
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    KazitronKazitron Registered User regular
    Is it necromancy if it's Geth doing it

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    girlgamer88 has been kidnapped by Product Placement and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

Munkus is an IMPOSTOR!
    I'm the true RODENT of esteem
    You could also say I foster
    a deep love affair with STEAM
    Which forumer am I?

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Is there going to be another one of those name change threads any time soon? I've had the same screen name here for a decade and want to pick something new.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    What, are you tired of being that guy?

• Options
    IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Your wish is my command.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    ... what happens when he tries to log in later?

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    ... what happens when he tries to log in later?

You think to yourself, "Hey, at least I'm not That_Guy"

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Here's a new avatar he can use:
    SFF_Other_Guy.jpg

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I am stunned by this revelation.

• Options