As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

T- Shirt Designs

FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor DoctorAustraliaRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX Australia
I like the I survived or the upside down one. Vote 'em up you guys!

Shirts will be in Black(white lettering), Grey(black lettering) or White(black lettering) Once you've voted please comment as to what colour you would prefer.

[E]nforcing it Like I stole it
paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
FatSoDa on

T- Shirt Designs 60 votes

PAUXer
0%
PAX AU - But with the letters upside down
33%
EmbraceThePingTheAggroCraigKevralynConnHurrFatSoDaShyanaLordOwenvjreddy12PsykarCamaranXeionZedCavalrymoham15NefilyFernurionKamelonFreeman_78NeenerMatildamuffinatorMagus_Nex 20 votes
The Brotherhood of PAX / The Sisterhood of PAX
6%
thegh0stsSabastianRileyFuzzyPredatortheotherbec 4 votes
Mortal Kombat "friendship" theme (will need a artist to design)
3%
DanacyrusVanellope 2 votes
(On Front) I survived PAX Aus | (On Back) grid with silhouettes of deadly Australian animals (may need an artist for this)
50%
KrorBekerEragonzerochosendiscriderCycophilTubbsnzDragonBearMattyG08SaenoftheDeadFitzchivalryAyefkayn079614NoodlezlehummingbirdTsolisnightquillMelaynaCassuvonhist 30 votes
(On Front) PAX Australia | (On Back) Where you find friends... down under!
6%
LorahaloquietjayDarthSalemBeastsFury 4 votes

• Options
    vjreddy12vjreddy12 NSW, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Wow cant choose....I like bits of all of them

How about something like this ...http://img3.etsystatic.com/000/1/5675625/il_fullxfull.331450367.jpg

with the upside down letters.

tumblr_onhxy5XYP31sb6xu3o1_100.png
  • Options
    NoodlezNoodlez PerthRegistered User regular
    (On Front) I survived PAX Aus | (On Back) grid with silhouettes of deadly Australian animals (may need an artist for this)
    Some awesome choices there!
    Black with white lettering is always a safe choice.
    Tho, i think the grey with black could look good too.

• Options
    TubbsnzTubbsnz Registered User regular
    Black with white lettering, that way when I spill something on it it won't show as bad.

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Not a fan of the silhouettes to be honest =\

You could always have more than one, and I can talk to my friend to see if she can help with the designs. She's pretty awesome and has done many t-shirt designs before.

• Options
    FatSoDaFatSoDa Professor Doctor AustraliaRegistered User regular
    More than willing to get help so long as it done gratas will not be taking any profit on these, so dont have cash monies to pay her. Tell her to hit me up on twitter at @brian_c_au

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    She doesn't use twitter. I'll just send her a message.

Also... Are they not willing to print in colour O.o

Danacyrus on
  • Options
    Cheaper way way cheaper to not use colours. takes the price down to around 20. to get that price with colour printing we need to order several hundred shirts

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I like the Idea of PAX AU.... but upside down on one side, right way up on the other (maybe smaller)

• Options
    ZedCavalryZedCavalry I swear, I'm not that immature. Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm liking the 'PAX AU - But with the letters upside down' design idea. I wouldn't mind what colour, even black and white. XD

• Options
    Yeah, nah. She's not willing to do it without pay.

• Options
    CamaranCamaran Catamaran MelbourneRegistered User regular
    Psykar wrote: »
    I like the Idea of PAX AU.... but upside down on one side, right way up on the other (maybe smaller)

I agree. Have "PAX AU" upside down and underneath it, have "PAX Melbourne, Australia 2013" in smaller font, maybe?

• Options
    (On Front) PAX Australia | (On Back) Where you find friends... down under!

is growing on me

• Options
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    Yeah, nah. She's not willing to do it without pay.

I have none of the dollars to pay her.

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    I was happy to cover the hourly rate for art, but as soon as I mentioned that the T-shirts are getting sold somehow a zero got added... And I was like... Erm farrrrkk that.

• Options
    Danacyrus wrote: »
    I was happy to cover the hourly rate for art, but as soon as I mentioned that the T-shirts are getting sold somehow a zero got added... And I was like... Erm farrrrkk that.

Yeah its all good if i was going to make a profit off them, i wouldnt mind paying the rate.

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    TubbsnzTubbsnz Registered User regular
    Any chance I can change my vote? The more think on it the more I like the idea of an upside down PAX AU.

• Options
    I'll note it here

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    pay an initial fee then give them a percentage of the profits from selling the shirts = DONE!

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    There should be no profit.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    well you gotta cover the cost of manufacturing the shirts somehow....unless you put in for a kickstarter!

EDIT: if you do a kickstarter then can donate a set price per shirt and just collect on the days of the expo = DONE!

thegh0sts on
  • Options
    You take money for shirts.. Then based on the demand, you make that many of X and Y Shirt. No out of pocket expenses. No profit.

• Options
    hence the kickstarter is brilliant...i think at least cos you can gauge the interest there and use the money to make the shirts. when the expo starts you show a receipt with your size and done.

but that's my idea....though most of the time they're crap!

i don't mind paying for a shirt cos most of the stuff at pax will have to be purchased anyway :D

• Options
    JELJEL Registered User new member
    I personally don't appreciate all that much the whole stereotypical idea of Australia being crazy and upside down and having animals that'll eat you. A more direct reference to video games like the Mortal Kombat idea might be good.
    (Are there images yet that everyone can see but me? I feel like that's what's happening.)

Oh and if you can't find someone to design the t-shirts, I'll be willing if you need.

• Options
    JEL wrote: »
    (Are there images yet that everyone can see but me? I feel like that's what's happening.)
    No. There are no images, people are assuming what they will look like and adding their own ideas.

• Options
    which is no good until a few designs are presented. i think doing it as a kickstarter would be good cos it help funds the project and the people who donated get a shirt.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    @FatSoDa, if you don't mind a suggestion, with distribution, how do you plan on doing this? I would suggest at the event.

Like, you start up a Kickstarter and make the T-shirts one flat price each.
    Everyone "donates" to this Kickstarter and chooses the design they want
    You send them an email, asking for their name, size and phone number (just in-case there is any problems)
    They reply with said sizes
    You reply to them with a "ticket"
    They bring said ticket to the event
    You mark them off, take their ticket, issue their shirt

I really don't mind doing the Kickstarter side of it, but you need to get one of each shirt made so you can show it off.

You need to get this started by the 1st of April, give everyone 1 month to "donate" then you have 1 1/2 months to get them ready.

If you want to talk to me more in-depth about it, message me on here.

EDIT: I found a website called Tee Junction which look good and are Australian Owned.

We are looking at $25 per T shirt. They also have a online designer, so I would suggest to everyone to play around with it so we can compare ideas.

Camaran on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    just FYI, kickstarters are generally forbidden on these forums, so you would have to find a creative way to use that for a forum thing. Also doing anything with pax logos on it has certain restrictions, of which you can email biz@penny-arcade.com in order to figure out what you can and can't do for a not for profit venture such as this.

• Options
    oh fair enough.

• Options
    edited March 2013
    Indepth Update Ahoy

tl;dr "What happens depends on the shown interest here on the forums, No kickstarter, T'Shirts to be collected at the event or postage paid in advance beforehand."

So I was hoping for more interest to be shown in the shirts, i can get a good price if we order around 100 and @ 100 shirts we stop getting charged extra for larger shirts / Ladies T's. So for, not so good. I might in the end just come up with a design and post it here with links to various T'Shirt printing services.

I cant use Kickstarter as @zerzhul has said. Why cant we use kickstrater. Kickstarter is a _for profit_ organisation. They take 5% of the monies raised as their cut of what ever is done. Penny Arcade does protect and has every right to protect their IP and no one should be making money off their brands or events but them. If im not making a profit on it or copying one of their designs (I was planning on running the final design past @esadsad) then we should be ok. The final arbitration is up to the good folks at Penny Arcade. Please remember there will most likely be a PAX AU exclusive shirt available from the team at penny arcade anyway.

T Shirts will need to be paid for via pay pal, or preferably a direct bank deposit. I will issue a ticket via mail to you and you can pick up the shirt at the event, the ticket comes with my mobile(cell) phone number and my twitter and email addresses. If you prefer for it to be mailed to you before the event you will need to pay for postage, within Australia this shouldn't be more than $5 for an overnight bag, and to the states $20ish depending on which coast your on.

FatSoDa on
    paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    Ahk. Thanks for letting me know Zerzhul

• Options
    NefilyNefily Melbourne AURegistered User regular
    hehe upside down logo reminds me of mr. squiggle

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    FatSoDa wrote: »
    Penny Arcade does protect and has every right to protect their IP and no one should be making money off their brands or events but them. If im not making a profit on it or copying one of their designs (I was planning on running the final design past @esadsad) then we should be ok. The final arbitration is up to the good folks at Penny Arcade.

Even though it's not-for-profit, PA may still say no to the use of anything Penny Arcade or PAX. I seem to remember the forum crest shirts, which are also no-profit, had a restriction that the word PAX couldn't be printed larger than 4 inches. It's best to run this by them first, before you get far in the design/ordering process.

I personally like the idea of using the word "paux" because it's like faux and these aren't the official shirts.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    I like the idea of just putting the design up and getting them printed ourselves... saves one person getting lumped with the logistics of getting these out.

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • Options
    Ok so good news and bad news.

The results are in and it seems like PAX AU but upside down is the winner, with the I survived PAX AU shirt in second place. With less than 50 interested persons, 26 voters, theres not enough mass here to get a shirt run off. What I'll do is work on a shirt design and make the design available if there's no concerns from the Penny Arcade people.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed for their info, and i think next PAX AU we can probably get this off the ground.

paxaus.gif

PAX Aus Enforcer
  • Options
    zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    But I voted so many times!

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • Options
    JapandamanJapandaman Registered User regular
    I like the I Survived one, black tee with white letters.

• Options
    LordOwenLordOwen Young Joel Heyman Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    The upside-down is still my preferred :)

• Options
    VotucuVotucu Registered User regular
    The upside-down theme is a little, uh, dated here in Aussie-land. I'm not sure the humour of the tee will go down quite so well.

I do like the dangerous animals idea, with the "Survival" theme. +1'd

• Options
    VotucuVotucu Registered User regular
    FatSoDa wrote: »
    . With less than 50 interested persons, 26 voters, theres not enough mass here to get a shirt run off. What I'll do is work on a shirt design and make the design available if there's no concerns from the Penny Arcade people.
    Eh oops, didn't read the whole thread >_>

Now there's been quite a few more voters, I hope you've had success convincing the Powers That Be to go ahead with one or more of these ideas :)