As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Defiance] Let's shoot/kill some bugs

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Entered all my Steam codes to my account, made sure I had everything Ego Code related unlocked and I'm downloading the client now... at 0.02mb/s.

I hope this speeds up.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    I'm in. Feel free to friend TheClockmaker

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    I love how drifting around in my DODGE CHALLENGER is the most effective way to clear bugs during an arkfall.

ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    ICUbICUb WARegistered User regular
    If anyone runs into quest objectives/items they can't interact with, a quick log out/log in will fix it(or at least it has worked for me about 3x).

Bnet tag: Nermals#11601
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Ok, preorder bonuses appear to be character specific and not account specific. At least thats what it looks like according to my one and only test with the +1 Pistol perk.

Edit: OMG this Nomad is hilarious silly to have right off the bat. I love it.

Decoy on
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    The patcher is doing that thing where it gets progressively slower the more it gets done, so the timer never goes down.

I hate that thing.

• Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Aiserou wrote: »
    The patcher is doing that thing where it gets progressively slower the more it gets done, so the timer never goes down.

I hate that thing.

as more people come home from work, i started off at 15 MB/s, now i'm down to 0.5. Dammnit, go back to work/school people!

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    Sigh... of course the one MMO to open early would be on a raid night... GG WoW... Got to about 60 before I had to logout and particpate in my 2nd job.

Setting bug with 120hz monitors is silly. Even setting my monitor lower didn't help. I had to use my 2nd monitor to play. Still had fun though. w00t!

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Hmm, where's the preorder stuff?

edit: ah, Claim Items in the lower left on the in-game store.

Quoting this because repeating it is a benefit to all.

Also, how do I join a clan? Wheee, noob questions.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    I have the preorder stuff but not the ego code stuff.. what about anyone else.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    Combat shotguns are omgsogood.

• Options
    Got all the preorder goodies and ego loot, no issues at all.

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I got 5k currency. can Start up the clan whenever. Need a name. We Aren't Nice Guys? :p

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    Anyone played the beta or game proper on older hardware?

I have a friend picking it up for the PS3 but I was hoping he'd join me on PC, only problem is he's got a HP Pavillion G7 laptop and I don't know if it's just wishful thinking that he'd have a good experience on that kind of hardware.

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    I got all of mine.

Can't remember if we even thought up anything in regards to a Clan(guild) :<

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    The in game voice chat for me is just garbled.

I will be nice and say it works with the story being terraforming messes up communication but gah!

• Options
    If anyone was wondering about the real monies to funbucks conversion it is: 400 bits for 5.00 bucks, 1800 for 20.00 and 5200 for 50.00. I'd consider buying bits for half that, but right now they are WAY too expensive imo.

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    It sounds about what you'd expect honestly, at or close to a 1>1 conversion, giving more for the largest amount. I can't help but notice that there is a lot less in the store than in beta, which leads me to believe most of that stuff were things you can unlock normally and they put them in so people could try them out with their free Bits.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    I'm on the US server as AngryPuppy, hopping on now for a bit.

PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    BaskeBaske Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    :( it won't even let me preload from the launcher. I bought the non-steam version though (GMG). I applied the code to the trion site and downloaded the client too. Do I just have to wait till 9pm?

*EDIT* Got it working. Apparently updating your newsletter settings under Trion account management makes you able to pre-load. I'm guessing this forces a sync to their database or something.

Baske on
  • Options
    AiserouAiserou Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    4 hours ago I had 2 hours left on the download.

Now I have 2 and a half.

Aiserou on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    so my account name in Defiance is Maddoc

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    just.bri.thanks playing Alsoa Bri

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    i've been trying to think up a character name for the last hour, why oh why must i always do this with mmo's?

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Anyone else having issues placing the preorder through Steam? I've been trying for a couple hours now and I keep getting "an unexpected error has occurred" and I'm supposed to contact Steam (already sent them a ticket, no response after two hours)...

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Easy. Talios Falcon. There, done.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    This reminds me, in a good way, of Tabula Rasa. Liking it so far.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Account: Kyanilis

I like to make things easy.

• Options
    Aside from a few rubberbanding hiccups when the servers launched early, no issues at ALL. Good job Trion(again)!

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Yeah trion rocks.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    as has been mentioned, the fact that a bug as big as the, you can't get into settings with a 120hz monitor plugged into your computer, even if its set to 60hz, unless you plug it in with a cable that only supports 60hz is pretty bad =0

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    minor quibble: I can't get rid of the grenade and shield I started with. Can't sell 'em. Can't break 'em down for parts. Can't even delete 'em. They remain.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Any item that you have a loadout for (hit "L") cannot be sold or broken down. You want to change your gear in the loadout screen instead of the inv screen to avoid that issue.

Someone posted this link before, but it's VERY helpful for defiance beginnners.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?7494-Kyria-s-37-Defiance-tips

ICUb on

• Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Just finished the tutorial and got kicked from the servers, now it can't seem to find any. Hmm.

Edit: Are the servers up? I keep glitching on the tutorial. I finish it, then it goes to load and partway through says the server is unavailable and kicks me. I load my character again and I'm still in the tutorial zone, then after a minute it kicks me again. I've tried deleting a character and remaking it to no avail.

vegeta_666 on
    Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Servers are def still up.

• Options
    CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    Servers are but but are definitely having problems.

• Options
    Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Not only am I working tonight and tomorrow night, my copy was shipped after hours yesterday, negating the extra monies I used for quicker shipping.

Yes, I bought a physical copy. I had fake money tied up with GameSlop and decided to use it for this.

Hopefully, I'll have it today and can load it up, if not play a bit.

• Options
    Yeah, same thing happened to me just now, Veg. I wanted to make sure I got the name Decoy so I was running the tutorial again.

As much as I'd love to stay up and play, sadly I have to be up in 4 hours for work. I have Wednesday off though. So I should be good to mini-marathon this for a bit after work.

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Aiserou wrote: »
    For people who entered all 120 codes but still had the last three unlocks locked, I added one more code and suddenly it worked and I instantly got an email stating I had unlocked everything.

thats the trick, had to do that earlier today

Me three. Also I'm really drunk right now, did we get a clan going? because I want to be part of it.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    We need a name for it, I can spot the 5k to start it. Should we do another Wang name? New Arcadian Ark Hunters? Naah? :p Decide on a name and lets get the shit started.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.