As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Blood Bowl] Blood Bowl 3 is out; praise Nuffle!

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    the round 2 and 3 matches of the totalbiscuit tournament have been much more watchable

• Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    so figured I'd bump this here thread and see if anyone would be interested in joining a private league I've got rolling with some friends. we could always use more folks because this game is awesomesauce, so if you're interested drop me a PM.

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    KafkaAU has been kidnapped by Banzai5150 and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

You got a problem?
    I'll SOLVE it
    Dispense BANS and ADVICE
    while the DJ revolves it
    Which forumer am I?

• GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Docshifty has been kidnapped by Zombie Hero and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

What do you call one mod yelling in a cave?
    Which forumer am I?

TNTrooper has been kidnapped by Banzai5150 and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

In the land of GAMES, I bring a special kind of joy
    A annual HOLIDAY treat, for every girl and boy
    Which forumer am I?

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Hah! So this is the thread I was kidnapped in. Obviously no one reads it so I wasn't saved. I was also in bed :)

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Hah! So this is the thread I was kidnapped in. Obviously no one reads it so I wasn't saved. I was also in bed :)

It's the only way I could beat you!

50433.png?1708759015
    Don't think we ever actually played each other ;)

steam_sig.png
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I gather we don't have any current leagues going?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    As is bbowl tradition, he who asks about a league makes a league. Get to it.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I suppose it could be fun to watch another league flame out. I am game if this gets any traction. I'd try to start one up myself but I don't have the time to dedicate to it.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    As is bbowl tradition, he who asks about a league makes a league. Get to it.

...Shit. I'm still away from my home computer until the weekend.

Though that's not a horrible idea, come to think of it.

Characters
  • RichardRichard Registered User regular
    I would be interested but my timezone might not be the best one for matching up games.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    My eye is twitching involuntarily!

50433.png?1708759015
  • VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I'd play, but I'm only available after 1am central most days of the week

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    My eye is twitching involuntarily!
    He's stuck in a flashback! Quick, tie him down!

Docshifty on
  • triftrif EdinburghRegistered User regular
    I hate that they nerfed the xbox version of this game... on the PC fumbbl always gave a better supported game with a wider variety of leagues and races. meh

Honk iff you love formal logic! - - There are only 10 types of people in the world; those that understand binary and those that don't
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Speaking of the Xbox version: I want to pick up the multiplayer achievements but don't really want to grind them out with randos. Anybody have who'd want to help trade wins?

I'm assuming people are more interested in the "play at least X amount of matches in a week between whatever opponent you can find" rather than "play this particular opponent whose schedule you might not ever synch up with" type of setup? At least, organizationally, it seems a hell of a lot better to have people arrange their own games as best they can.

Characters
    edited May 2013
    Alright, I put up the PA League of Champions with the usual password to see if there's enough interest to get regular games going. It's currently setup for Challenge-only, both ranked and unranked so that people can get in matches between those that can fit (assuming there's enough interest), otherwise it's just your regular Open League.

Lemme know if I faffed something up.

Now to decide whether to toss in a Khemri or Nurgle team.

Edit: Khemri it is! Old egyptians > picking up the ball

Aegis on
    Characters
  • RichardRichard Registered User regular
    I have signed up for the league, let's hope there is still some interest in playing the game. Got on the "ball" too late I think.

That's the spirit! Also, cute names.

Characters
    I will sign up as soon as I resolve the weirdest bug with installing the game again. It keeps telling me I don't have an internet connection. Clearly either the game or I have gone completely insane. I say it is a toss up.

Check your firewall when you try connecting. I know I always have to allow new games the first time which can be hidden in the background if I'm fullscreening.

Characters
    I'll be making a team and signing up sometime over the weekend

Time to try an underworld team!

Time to try an underworld team!

Been watching cKnoor's recent underworld team and man do they look like fun. Mostly the troll's aesthetics and access to mutations, I don't know if I could do with a mostly squishy team.

Characters
    I'm a guy with like 5 level 3 snotlings, I'm a fan of useless small things.

Man I wish there were skills that you could take related directly to being thrown. Sounds like it'd be perfect for a snotling or halfling whose main job is to be ammo.

Characters
    Hmmm, on further consideration i think I'm going to roll Norse instead. I like my big guys, but after remembering playing Khemri before I keep thinking that I don't want to be locked into just punching people.

Characters
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    can you lower the requirement for hte league? I have a 970 chaos dwarf team that is below the 1000 limit

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    edited May 2013
    if not ill just buy cheerleaders or something

edit; yeah , nevermind, ill figure something out

edit: joined!

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    edited May 2013
    There was a requirement? I know a 980 joined with no problems. If the cutoff was 970 that sucks :(

Edit: Yea, TheLaw's team right now joined with 970.

Aegis on
    Characters
    Anyone around for a game?

Steam
    I am down for some tomorrow afternoon most likely, when my current company leaves.

Characters
    Dear Werewolf,

You rolled doubles on your first skill, congrats. Wanted to give you Block but getting a snap at Dodge while I can I can't pass up.

Now please stop rolling doubles. There aren't any more good skills in Agility or Passing for you, aside from Jump Up or Side Step! I want to give you Block already!

Characters
    You can still pick block :)

steam_sig.png
    Jump Up + Pile On = Awesome. Pile On is the first skill I give my Norse Blitzers

Aegis wrote: »
    Check your firewall when you try connecting. I know I always have to allow new games the first time which can be hidden in the background if I'm fullscreening.

See that is where it was getting really fun. It wouldn't even get to the point of the game loading up. Steam was telling me I didn't have an internet connection despite clearly being connected to their servers. A restart fixed whatever the error was though so its whatever now I guess.

Ah, I think I've had that bug with Steam before. In League news, nice flurry of joins. 7 teams now with current roster of: Underworld, Chaos Dwarves, Norse, Wood Elves, Goblins, Lizardmen, & Khorne Daemons.

How do we want to get things going, just start up whenever we feel like playing games? Max per week to keep everyone in range, or in an open setting do we mind? I'm pretty sure I can set it to a Championship at a later date if we get to the point of wanting to have a season cap with seedings.

Characters