As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria. I farmed up 150 Pieces of Meat and all I got was this lousy belt.

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    No

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am just going for a vain chance at the green fire book
    Can you plant your way for rep for them?
    I tried farming the book for about a week. They should have just made the green fire a fucking glyph, or a raid quest.

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    They appear to have massively upped the spawns of the eggs in the starter towns. I was looting them faster than I could open them both last night and this morning.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Rizzi wrote: »
    I'm half way through revered and I couldn't give a fuck about the place any more.

I run the dailies on my main for valor to cap, but once I cap her I don't even look at the island with her. I do have to run it on my alt for valor, especially since he finally got the 6k valor quest :\

In other news, looks like I'm going back into the tanking saddle. Officers finally realized they never needed me to heal, but they do on occasion need a tank and there are fights in ToT that seem to work well for pally tanks. Too bad my pally tank set is a bit...behind.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I am just going for a vain chance at the green fire book
    Can you plant your way for rep for them?
    I tried farming the book for about a week. They should have just made the green fire a fucking glyph, or a raid quest.

Woo green fire here I come! and spent all night goofing off in that island for it

I agree with making it a glyph or quest but not it being a raid quest
    It should be a quest you get in the 60's for a choice red or green

• RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    You got the book? I hate you. :(

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Grats Brain. Just fyi though, by all accounts that questline is harder than a dick on prom night, so just prepare to be frustrated a bit.
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I should also add that Half was wise to not start in Vash'jir, where there are many, many more mobs to fight in a smaller space and a long way to go before you even reach a safe resting place with a FP.

Oh yeah, I did Vash'jir once, on my main at release, and that was more than enough for me. Not a fan of that zone.

On this topic though, according to the 5.3 notes, they're adding new level 80 gear vendors to the Vash'jir and Hyjal starting zones. Better late than never I s'pose.

I never hated Vashj'ir, it's just that Hyjal provides a good chunk of rep for a faction that most classes needed (my pally needed it for the epic cloak, my mage for the helm enchant). The fact that you needed to complete half the zone to open up the Firelands dailies when that patch came out sealed the deal.

I think Vashj'ir would have been more popular if there was more Earthen Ring rep provided in there. I personally thought the storyline for the zone was much more interesting than Hyjal as well.

You got the book? I hate you. :(

And the imp in the ball is the least chatty of my deamons go figure

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    I never hated Vashj'ir, it's just that Hyjal provides a good chunk of rep for a faction that most classes needed (my pally needed it for the epic cloak, my mage for the helm enchant). The fact that you needed to complete half the zone to open up the Firelands dailies when that patch came out sealed the deal.

I think Vashj'ir would have been more popular if there was more Earthen Ring rep provided in there. I personally thought the storyline for the zone was much more interesting than Hyjal as well.
    The issue for me was that the underwater combat was just not good. Getting aggro from 360 degrees around you is a gigantic pain. It's a beautiful zone and I commend Blizzard for doing their damndest to make underwater combat not terrible, but so far, no one's been able to crack that code.

Hyjal, by comparison, is (if you're properly geared) a snap to move through, the quests seem to flow together better and the aesthetics change enough that you're seeing a great deal more variance from hub to hub than you do in Vash'jir.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Blizzard seems grimly determined to make underwater combat work, and Vash'jir was their most serious effort yet to achieve it. I'll give them tons of credit for trying to create a new setting with lots of colorful detail and plentiful backstory but they still don't have their 3D combat mechanics down.

• DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    Well, I'm officially my raid group's whore. My roles on the fights in ToT now encompass all 3 specs. I get to DPS the first three bosses, but then switch to Tank on Tort and Heals on Margie. Super fun!

The problem with being useful is that you're useful. Ha.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Samphis wrote: »
    They appear to have massively upped the spawns of the eggs in the starter towns. I was looting them faster than I could open them both last night and this morning.
    The eggs don't spawn on a timer. There is a fixed number up at any one time. Most likely because of CRZ they were just cycling through faster because people were looting them faster.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    Vah'jir's story would have been lovely if it had ended better than "Giant squid swims away, never to be seen again" rather than explaining how the fuck a gigantic squid with the power to fight an elemental lord was a thing.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    comic-2011-10-01-full.jpg

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    That looks about right

comic-2011-10-01-full.jpg

Honest to God, I never, ever even saw that happen until someone pointed it out after Blizzard announced they weren't doing Abyssal Maw. You win the fight and the thing literally grabs him and drags him away in the span of like 5 seconds. I always just assumed he swum off or something.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I'm still pissed they didn't finish the vashj'ir raid

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Naphtali wrote: »
    I'm still pissed they didn't finish the Cataclysm end game content

Fixed :P Seriously though, I swear they just gave up after Firelands. They saw their sub numbers plummet and put 99% of the team on Pandas.

edited April 2013
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Samphis wrote: »
    The eggs don't spawn on a timer. There is a fixed number up at any one time. Most likely because of CRZ they were just cycling through faster because people were looting them faster.

Well, they clearly sped up the timer, because I was getting an egg every 5 seconds, and going around the inn in Razor Hill, would be enough to have the eggs at one side of the building be back up by the time I got around. I got my 500 eggs in like 45 minutes, and that was with a scenario in the middle.

edit: Some of the speed might have been because flight form + master riding, but it was crazy fast, and it sped up noticeably in the middle of my gathering. There was a moment where suddenly eggs were at every spawn point constantly.

Samphis on
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    Yay, pet battles will get fixed! :)
    Hit Chance is now displayed for all abilities.
    Abilities no longer have a base chance to miss or be dodged by opposing pets of the same level.
    Reduced the chance to miss when fighting higher-level opponents from 5% per level to 2% per level.

edited April 2013
    No, I'm saying there isn't a timer. They work like tradeskill nodes.

Example: Say there are 10 spawn points, with 5 eggs up currently. If someone picks up one of those 5 eggs, another spawns in one of the open 6 spawn points. This spawn may be on the other side of the town so you don't see it, or it may be nearby. Now say 5 people pick up all five eggs at the same time. You have a 1 in 2 chance of the egg you just picked up respawning instantly. That's what's happening thanks to CRZ.

Warlock82 on
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    And yes I think the reason people grind out ot exalted and never go back is those dailies take far too long

If your server doesn't see a lot of PvP, the pvp dailies are super fast.

Those dailies for me, have been a relatively painless way of getting honor; it's got to be around 600 honor (and 50 conquest; every little helps!). Yes, I'm on a pve server, and yes my faction is the horribly outnumbered one, but I've not been ganked all that much. So despite being exalted with the place, I'll probably carry on going there.

It certainly beat last night in IoC, where despite it being the holiday BG in the honor tab, I did not get either the bonus honor or the conquest points, i.e. instead of getting 400+ for a win, I got 70-80. I was unimpressed.

PSN Fleety2009
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Nobody wrote: »

The issue for me was that the underwater combat was just not good. Getting aggro from 360 degrees around you is a gigantic pain. It's a beautiful zone and I commend Blizzard for doing their damndest to make underwater combat not terrible, but so far, no one's been able to crack that code.

Hyjal, by comparison, is (if you're properly geared) a snap to move through, the quests seem to flow together better and the aesthetics change enough that you're seeing a great deal more variance from hub to hub than you do in Vash'jir.

I actually never had a problem with the 360 degree threat, usually I was fighting on the sea floor or hovering right over it. The only times I had to worry about full 360 degree threat was in transit on my sea horse, and usually I could outrun whatever came after me.

It also helped when I became extremely paranoid and constantly checking around me after realizing that one of the Whale Sharks patrolled near more than a couple of the hubs, and there were other massive named elites that would hunt around them as well :P

Naphtali wrote: »
    I'm still pissed they didn't finish the Cataclysm end game content

Fixed :P . They saw their sub numbers plummet and put 99% of the team on Pandas.

I think they saw it sinking and called all hands

No, I'm saying there isn't a timer. They work like tradeskill nodes.

Example: Say there are 10 spawn points, with 5 eggs up currently. If someone picks up one of those 5 eggs, another spawns in one of the open 6 spawn points. This spawn may be on the other side of the town so you don't see it, or it may be nearby. Now say 5 people pick up all five eggs at the same time. You have a 1 in 2 chance of the egg you just picked up respawning instantly. That's what's happening thanks to CRZ.

Well, then CRZ is awesome for once, because there were only 3 people in Razor Hill that I could see, and again, an egg every 3-5 seconds was awesome. Last year it took me days to get 500 eggs for the mount, and this year, I got it all done during an LFR queue. (The mount isn't BoP this year and was a gift for my wife this year).

edited April 2013
    ahh it's not bop? does this mean the mount rotting away in my blood elf priest's bank might not be bop?

awesome now to try to sell it

Brainleech on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    A guild mate mailed me an extra one since he got two in 5 minutes from popping open eggs

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    whether it's a timer or x/spawns at a time, they did increase the rate last night:
    Hotfix: Brightly Colored Eggs now have a greatly increased spawn rate.

SaraLuna on
    whether it's a timer or x/spawns at as time, they did increase the rate last night:

Either there was an internal cooldown timer (i.e. don't spawn this location for x seconds after an egg is looted) or they just increased the number of possible eggs up at once :P

Either way, Noblegarden is a shitty holiday so anything they do to make it less shitty is ok.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    The holiday stiders are BoE. So you can either buy them or find them and put them on the AH, trade or give them away.
    They're also ugly. So there's that, too.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    I feel that Blizz took a fantastic idea of having themed raids for each element and totally screwed it all up by going "Ok we've finished the Twilight faction storyline -- MOAR FIRE".

I would have *loved* to see a Deepholm/Earth themed raid. And I think the experiment of ToFW and Al'Akir for an Air theme was proof they couldn't do a water-themed raid even though it could have introduced some creative mechanics. The whole place didn't need to be underwater. They could have taken the SSC model and went a bit further with it.

And the best part about Holidays is I can mount my Purple Proto and tell them all to go to Hell. Also, those mounts are god awful hideous.

Invisible wrote: »
    The holiday stiders are BoE. So you can either buy them or find them and put them on the AH, trade or give them away.
    They're also ugly. So there's that, too.

On the other hand, if you're a hunter and you like having Mazzranche as a pet, now you can also ride a version of her.

You can also get the baby tallstrider pet from the Tauren vendor in the AT to complete the family >.>

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    This week heralds ToT lfr part 3, right? What shenanigans should I expect from the bads I will have the pleasure of spending time with going forward?

I still need two sigils of power on my warrior, and have needed them for the past 6 weeks. I'm pretty sure I don't care anymore, because after I get those, I know I'm not the least bit concerned with grinding out another 6,000 valor points.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
    On my blood elf hunter I log out with on my golden dragonhawk mount with my dragonhawk and dragonhawk pet out

• NosfNosf Registered User regular

I believe one of the Clawshrimp hunters has all three, I think I saw them all out at a raid some time ago. The raid storyline shenanigans like Neptulon always seems to happen. I've heard that Wrath's original storyline was Arthas\Lich King goes down and it's revealed they were being manipulated by Yogg-Saron, who in turn was going to be the final raid.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    It was revealed they were being manipulated by Yogg. It just wasn't the final raid; with good reasons from the perspective of build-up from Pre-WoW. If Arthas had just been a mid-xpack boss people would have shit themselves.

And the old gods, as hands-in-every-pot as they are, aren't, currently anyway, 'end boss' material because they are too big, too personality-less and as individuals aren't as interesting as the effects of their actions. They are forces of nature. EDIT: yeah yeah, c'thun. :rotate:

There's a reason in the Transformers movie, defeating Unicron came as a secondary effect of defeating Galvatron.

I am a gigantic fucking nerd.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    A giant nerd in a herd of somewhat smaller nerds. They have really gone full-H.P. with the Old Gods. They are not Evil, they just Are. The destruction and corruption of all life around them is their innate nature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7Oc-pstqpc

• YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I got the impression that Arthas was immune or at least very resistant to Yogg's influence because he's the Lich King.