As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria. I farmed up 150 Pieces of Meat and all I got was this lousy belt.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Whelp. We head back into ToT today. Hopefully we can break the cockblock that a combination of normal mode Horridon and attendance has been for our 10man.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Whelp. We head back into ToT today. Hopefully we can break the cockblock that a combination of normal mode Horridon and attendance has been for our 10man.

Ha, I dunno when we are getting back in there (aside from the first boss who is easy). We've been trying to work on people's gear because, yes, Horridon is a cockblock.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    I just realised that I've been playing WoW for eight years now.
    I think I'm going to uninstall it now.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    If you want to feel worse, do a /played on all your characters first. :lol:

Should hit phase 5 today on the Isle on both my servers. All that really means is uh...the last rare should be there? /shrug

Hilarious that Nalak still won't be around.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• NoizlanifNoizlanif MMO-Whore Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »
    You folks are exactly where we were a week ago, the problem was our dps, if everyone isn't pushing at least 90k Each (5dps) then we arent going to keep up with the doors. We had to replace someone because they weren't keeping up and I felt like a jerk for doing so. I feel your pain. : /

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I am getting the impression the Krasarang Wilds are cooler than the Valley of the Four Winds. The farm atmosphere is not my cup of tea.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    And yes I think the reason people grind out ot exalted and never go back is those dailies take far too long

If your server doesn't see a lot of PvP, the pvp dailies are super fast.

Those dailies for me, have been a relatively painless way of getting honor; it's got to be around 600 honor (and 50 conquest; every little helps!). Yes, I'm on a pve server, and yes my faction is the horribly outnumbered one, but I've not been ganked all that much. So despite being exalted with the place, I'll probably carry on going there.

It certainly beat last night in IoC, where despite it being the holiday BG in the honor tab, I did not get either the bonus honor or the conquest points, i.e. instead of getting 400+ for a win, I got 70-80. I was unimpressed.
    That's because you didn't actually win. You're horde in IoC, so you can't win.

edited April 2013
    Huh.

My DK somehow never got the quest to turn into a saurok on the Isle of Thunder, and now the quest never seems to be around anymore.

Not cool.

EDIT: I guess it has to be in the daily set for the NPC's to be there to offer the quest for it. Which seems to get increasingly less likely each phase.

The Dude With Herpes on

IoT participation on my server has waned enough that I don't think we'll be in Phase 5 today. I won't know until tonight, though.

• SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    Is phase 5 the last one? Even Sentinels should hit that today, then. Which is hilarious, because Sentinels.

6 phases.

In other news I am so glad that blingtron is only once per day per account! And boy howdy that improved loot! Another day of a Paper Zepplin and an oily glove! That 50 silver is going a long way to recouping the 7k gold I spent on the mats back at launch!

edited April 2013
    From the 5.3 patch notes:
    * Players starting on Cataclysm content can purchase level-80 gear from vendors located in Hyjal and Vashj'ir.

Oh snap!

Edit: Oh, this is nice too:
    * A new option to display pet tamers on the world map has been added. This should help players looking to find unlocked pet tamer daily quests.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited April 2013
    About fucking time.

EDIT: I say about fucking time because even though they just introduced the vendor thing in MoP for catch up gear; Cata really needed it too. If you went into Hyjal, or Vash in particular, even back on cata with a fresh 80 and not a character that had spent any time in WotLK it was still pretty fucking brutal for the first half a zone.

Just a pro-tip. Don't go into vash'jir as a fire mage as a fresh 80 in, at best Dragonblight quest gear. :rotate: I mean, don't go into Vash'jir as a fire mage at all (yay 360 degree DoT spreading!), but yeah, gear.

The Dude With Herpes on

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I am getting the impression the Krasarang Wilds are cooler than the Valley of the Four Winds. The farm atmosphere is not my cup of tea.

I love Valley, probably my favorite zone. Rolling around with Li Li and making beer with Chen was awesome.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Krasarang...well, it was short, I'll give it that.

It certainly didn't overstay its welcome like Jade Forest or Townlong.

• IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I queue into the new wing, group @ 7 stacks of failbuff on Durumu. This is going to be fun.

Edit: OK, so the key to Durumu on LFR is literally to heal through stupid. And by stupid, I mean the utter clusterfuck that's the maze phase.

On to Prim. Can people count to 10? Will telling healers not to dispel a dozen times sink in? STAY TUNED!

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Four Winds and Karasang are my favorites only because of the combined end quest. I still think it's awesome and I've done it 4 times.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Just a pro-tip. Don't go into Vash'jir.

Fixed that for you. Awful zone, made even more awful by the fact that it ends on a cliffhanger that Blizzard is never going resolve.

Vash'jir is actually my favorite zone in Cata...

Vash'jir is actually my favorite zone in Cata...

I'm so sorry for you. Uldum4life.

But seriously, I just could not stand the whole underwater combat. It was great in theory but flawed in practice, especially for melee characters. It was the zone with the most promise storyline wise but they butchered it and walked away. I think there's a reason we haven't seen much else underwater content.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    I really like it at launch but refuse to take any other characters through there.

I just can't do zones multiple times. I can't stay focused. My fresh 90 Druid did jade forest up till they wanted me to kill dook ookem, got half a level from the best night of pet battle xp, did the first 5 valley quests, ran to kun lai, got up through eastwind completed then unlocked vale, did two hubs in town long said fuck balance leveling and did 88-90 from just healing dungeons which was super fast and stress free.

I have a sham sitting in hyjal I have to actually quest on a bit to be able to dungeon queue still but man, hyjal again. Never finished it all. But most of it once till a bugged quest completely stopped progress and half or less 3 times

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Yay, pet battles will get fixed! :)
    Hit Chance is now displayed for all abilities.
    Abilities no longer have a base chance to miss or be dodged by opposing pets of the same level.
    Reduced the chance to miss when fighting higher-level opponents from 5% per level to 2% per level.

oh thank god

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    edited April 2013
    33 chests and only 9 elder charms. Only 2 of which came from small chests.

Grrrr.

Either they substantially lowered the drop rate of elder charms in normal chests in the chest run, or my hunter just had the worst fucking luck.

Maybe they didn't want people just farming the first room or some idiot shit.

EDIT: I don't know what I'm bitching about, I guess. 9 charms is 3 weeks and 270 lesser charms previously. I just want my hunter to get into 5.2 stuff and he's just had bad bad luck in LFR.

The Dude With Herpes on

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    So apparently I'm the only one that socked away gtabs full of 80-89 greens from MoP? Ok, it's actually because my enchanter is still only 83, but I haven't had any gear problems in Cata content so far. (Also yay Heirlooms :) )

Heirlooms don't do you any good at 80 to help with Cata. The way their ilvl scaling works is, when they hit a new 'tier' of gear, they stay at the prior one till the next level.

I.E. level 80 Heirlooms are 'locked' at ilvl 200 quality gear. Once you hit level 81 they will jump up to like 280 or so to match Cata content.

Presumably they did this to prevent twinks from just using only heirlooms at a level cap and having the 'best' gear without doing any work.

But it is moderately annoying at level 70 and level 80; you either lose the xp bonus or you stay weak for a level.

On the other hand they like halved the xp to level 80-85 so it's not nearly as bad as it was before.

Unrelated I'm standing here watching a raid wipe on Sha.

I haven't seen a raid wipe on Sha for a looooooooong ass time.

Wow.

• PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    Krasarang...well, it was short, I'll give it that.

It certainly didn't overstay its welcome like Jade Forest or Townlong.

Jumped up Jesus Christ yes. Jade Forest is like a loud obnixious family member at the Holidays. I just want to go and do something that is different! That zone feels like it lasts for an eternity.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I queue into the new wing, group @ 7 stacks of failbuff on Durumu. This is going to be fun.

Edit: OK, so the key to Durumu on LFR is literally to heal through stupid. And by stupid, I mean the utter clusterfuck that's the maze phase.

On to Prim. Can people count to 10? Will telling healers not to dispel a dozen times sink in? STAY TUNED!

I was wondering if they were going to keep the maze in lfr. I might queue up just for the hillarity

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2013
    According to the lastest PTR notes, heroic scenarios require a premade group to do.

Doesn't that...kinda defeat the purpose of scenarios?

/sigh

EDIT: Actually, to be honest, I really don't know what purpose scenarios serve anyway.

The Dude With Herpes on

According to the lastest PTR notes, heroic scenarios require a premade group to do.

/sigh

EDIT: Actually, to be honest, I really don't know what purpose scenarios serve anyway.

Heroic scenarios will be like challenge dungeons. I also suspect Blizzard is going to be lazy and have no dungeons next expansion, just scenarios and heroic scenarios. They'll probably bring back the Brewmoon Festival and a Brewing Storm, just for good measure.

• IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Smrtnik wrote: »

I was wondering if they were going to keep the maze in lfr. I might queue up just for the hillarity

It's such a train wreck. The first pull when I got there I ran around through the maze like you're supposed to, the entire raid other than 3 healers and 4 dps died horribly. I rezzed a tank, but yeah, there was no freaking way. The second pull I wandered into the purple stuff, realized it was easy to heal myself through it, popped Tranq then Tree form/regrowth spam and kept the raid alive other than the idiots that were hit with the very obvious, extremely slowly moving laser of death. I think even without the fail buff, if all the healers popped cds it would work. So yeah, as far as I can tell, the strat is literally to heal through stupid.

I ended up bailing on Prim after like 7 wipes and half the raid leaving. From the looks of the official raid forum, IF groups manage to finish the wing it's taking roughly 5 hours.

Totally unrelated: I wish they would put in something in 5.3 to downgrade Elder Charms to Lesser so I don't have to think about dailies in ~6 weeks. I'd even take a 1->5 ratio. 18 Elder = 90 Lesser = 3 Mogu. That's fair, right?

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
    edited April 2013
    Blendtec wrote: »

/sigh

Heroic scenarios will be like challenge dungeons. I also suspect Blizzard is going to be lazy and have no dungeons next expansion, just scenarios and heroic scenarios. They'll probably bring back the Brewmoon Festival and a Brewing Storm, just for good measure.

No dungeons is something I can't get on board with at all.

Scenarios are boring as shit, and just increasing damage and health and calling it 'Heroic' isn't going to make them any more interesting.

But whatever, between Scenarios and LFR its clear that they want upgrades to be as random and inconsistent as fucking possible going forward.

I won't be suprised if quests in the next expansion only have a chance to give you any gear.

The Dude With Herpes on

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    [quote]EDIT: Actually, to be honest, I really don't know what purpose scenarios serve anyway.[/quote]
    That's okay, Blizzard doesn't either. They admitted as much (though I can't dig up the link at work, it was in an interview they gave not long ago). I think they're trying to get a feel for where these things will ultimately fall in terms of player engagement. Personally I'm a fan of scenarios (a big fan, really; I think they're the best thing they've added to the game since LFD, but I'm also a shameless anti-'trinity'-ist, so take that opinion for what it is).

[quote]Heroic scenarios will be like challenge dungeons. I also suspect Blizzard is going to be lazy and have no dungeons next expansion, just scenarios and heroic scenarios. They'll probably bring back the Brewmoon Festival and a Brewing Storm, just for good measure.[/quote]

I wouldn't be at all surprised if that were their original intention with scenarios, but I think the fairly vocal player feedback about their decision to axe dungeons for the rest of MoP has (or may have at least) steered the ship back in the other direction.

Scenarios are admittedly a weird bird at the moment - they don't provide much in the way of 'challenge', and for the more reward-focused player, they didn't offer a lot of reason to do them at first. Now that they give a decent bit of Valor for your time and a not-insignificant (read: better than the rest of the gearing venue's drop percentages) chance at giving you -something- for your time, they're a bit more worthwhile.

I'll be honest - I enjoy pretty much zero of the MoP dungeons, which is a shame because I've been a fan of that content since day one. This is the first expansion where I can honestly call the dungeons entirely forgettable at best and downright annoying at worst, and that includes the Cata dungeons. As much as I hated a couple of those (looking at you, hour-long Deadmines runs and Halls of Oh-God-Not-This-Place-Again), they were at least memorable. I can recall the entire path through each of them right now and I didn't even run them that often, compared to the TBC and Wrath heroic-palooza. I don't even know the names of half of MoP's 'heroics', and I run them every single day. Hopefully if/when they bring dungeons back in the next expansion, they make them a bit more memorable.

Anyway, Heroic scenarios - Yeah, I'd say they're being made to 'replace' new heroics for the remainder of MoP, both because Blizzard really wants to test the waters with them and because they have decided not to make any more dungeons in this expansion. How successful an endeavor that will be will hinge largely on the risk:reward ratio, as with everything else they do.

Edit: Goddamnit, what's going on with my formatting? None of my spaces are saved between paragraphs. Thanks [i]Obama[/i].

Halfmex on
    edited April 2013
    I like scenarios actually :P Well, most of them. Theramore can go to hell. But for serious - instant queues for a little 15 min nugget of stuff which usually involves some kind of interesting mechanics (i.e. most aren't just "kill a bunch of stuff" but "complete this objective" kind of things).

Dungeons are generally too long and take forever to queue for to be enjoyable. Though I'd say any of the non-Klaxxi dungeons are generally ok. The Klaxxi ones all have way too much fucking trash for some reason.

Edit: It might be another story if dungeons at all rewarded anything good. But they don't - you outgear them super fast and then there is no reason to run them other than valor. Which, I'd rather do daily quests than deal with 4 potential mouth-breathers (at least scenarios cuts that number in half and honestly, I've 2-manned the Greenstone one after one dude DC'd and Blizzard was too dumb to add any kind of re-queue option to them in 5.0... so I mean, they don't require a lot of group synergy to be successful).

Warlock82 on
    Theramore is the worst damn thing ever.

It's given me more deserter debuffs than anything else since they introduced that.

I could probably tolerate Theramore if they removed like half the trash packs. That scenario is like 30 minutes of trash with mostly shitty (i.e. boring) boss fights.

• HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    Thereamore is awful, no question about it. It's telling that most people try (and fail, but still) to skip the vast majority of the trash in there because there's so much of it.

edited April 2013
    Hmm, what is this?
    Itzik Ben-Bassat @ibenbassat:
    Alright! Checking in to the hotel, shower, dress up (yes no black t-shirt) and off to our event! Big announcement after months of hard work
    Blizzplanet @Blizzplanet:
    @ibenbassat for those of us in the states... how long until the announcement?
    Itzik Ben-Bassat @ibenbassat:
    @Blizzplanet 3 hours.

His twitter thing says "An Executive at Blizzard Entertainment"

Edit: Probably nothing... sounding like it may be eSports-related, aka something boring unless you are Korean :P

Warlock82 on
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    I think I enjoyed the Pandaria dungeons the first time around.. they're kind of cool. I mean they're not that much worse than Cata's dungeons. It's just that.. there's absolutely no challenge, it's just digging through a mass of hitpoints and some walking, and the occassional loot roll. Makes it kind of hard to care what's going on.

I miss Cata's heroics so much. They were the best thing :(

Just finished running dungeons for VP cap.. did around 10 of those. At least they're a reasonably good way to get VP as a tank, with instant queues and less than 10 minutes for around 50 VP.

I suspected heroic scenarios wouldn't have group finder, because of the bonus objectives. Imagine how annoying it would be to consistently fail the bonus objectives because of random people derping.. or the horrible group chat..

Smrtnik wrote: »

It's such a train wreck. The first pull when I got there I ran around through the maze like you're supposed to, the entire raid other than 3 healers and 4 dps died horribly. I rezzed a tank, but yeah, there was no freaking way. The second pull I wandered into the purple stuff, realized it was easy to heal myself through it, popped Tranq then Tree form/regrowth spam and kept the raid alive other than the idiots that were hit with the very obvious, extremely slowly moving laser of death. I think even without the fail buff, if all the healers popped cds it would work. So yeah, as far as I can tell, the strat is literally to heal through stupid.
    Not surprising since Attunement on the first HoF boss in LFR ends up being healing through stupid.