As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WOW] Mists of Pandaria. I farmed up 150 Pieces of Meat and all I got was this lousy belt.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Just finished running dungeons for VP cap.. did around 10 of those. At least they're a reasonably good way to get VP as a tank, with instant queues and less than 10 minutes for around 50 VP.
    You must not get matched up with the same DPS I usually do.

• LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    The Blizzard announcement is definitely SC2/ESports related. Nothing to do with WoW.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Ugh, my tier 15 chest has the red/blue/yellow socket trio. Thought they realized how dumb those were back in BC

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Does it matter anymore with secondary stats actually mattering now, gemming wise?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I ran into that quest where you have to roll the sad panda and protect it from the giant hawks. It was pretty entertaining.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    haha, I kinda want to queue up for LFR durumu just for the chuckles. Is the maze actually the same layout/speed, just does less damage?

on the other hand chuckles may not be worth the repairs

also at this point I prefer to just queue as DPS for LFDs; I wait ~10 more minutes for the queue to pop than I would as a healer, but the run itself is probably 15 minutes shorter with me dpsing. Plus mincing trash with chain lightning continues to be pretty entertaining.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    Chain lightning is so good. I mean, I usually switch to Frost Bomb for LFD runs because it's hilarious to see a trash pack drop to 25% from a single spell, but man I wish I had something on the level of chain lightning.

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    Does it matter anymore with secondary stats actually mattering now, gemming wise?
    No idea what class/spec he is, but blue sockets kind of suck for people already struggling not to be over the hit cap (cough leather wearers).

• KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Keemossi wrote: »
    Just finished running dungeons for VP cap.. did around 10 of those. At least they're a reasonably good way to get VP as a tank, with instant queues and less than 10 minutes for around 50 VP.
    You must not get matched up with the same DPS I usually do.

Got at least 2 sub 30k dps on most of the runs.. yeah, it's awful. But as a tank it's really convenient to cut on the time spent on trash.. with the gear levels available atm it's easy to pull pretty much all the trash between two bosses for high tank vengeance and aoe. Bosses do take like a minute and a half with crapy dps, though.. pulling trash to bosses helps! :P

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, hitcapping right now is way too easy, at least as a Boomkin. I'm actually worried about the dps math behind replacing a piece without spirit on it with one that has spirit. I need to mess around with Ask Mr. Robot some to see how the weights work out.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Hmm. Is battle.net being slow as shit for anyone else right now? I'm trying to get Lil' Rags, since he's 50% off, but it keeps not loading correctly.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Huh, I've been getting dazed way the hell more today on my characters, than ever before, on the Isle.

Pretty fucking irritating.

Huh, I've been getting dazed way the hell more today on my characters, than ever before, on the Isle.

Pretty fucking irritating.

Dazing is the WORST. No better way to ruin your day than to have you get dazed every 20 seconds. It's not like you can dodge enemies on that island either, the mob density is so fucking high.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    failbag on primordius and after a minute of debate screw it blow a coin. Ring! open failbag holy shit a belt!

did not know bags could have gear in them

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Has anybody else been having lag/syncing issues as of late? When I log in, about half of the items in my backpack will say "Retrieving item information". The war table on the Isle will be unresponsive. Daily quests such as Blingtron or Nomi will work, but the item reward on the quest page will be blank, and I won't get a text log that I received the item, even though I do and it's in my bag. This all lasts for about 5 minutes where apparently everything will catch up, and it's business as usual.

It's clearly lag, and yet it's not, because nothing else is lagging.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    i've noticed it in my profession windows

Whenever they've pushed one of their mini-patches lately I've had the "retrieving item information" nonsense. It seems to clear the cache every time or something, but it's pretty obnoxious.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Yeah, whenever they patch (mini or not) the entire cache is cleared. These minipatches mean I don't need to bother clearing my creature cache (for npcscan) manually as often since the game's doing it for me.

• BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    Durumu in LFR is just awful. No amount of the dying buff is going to stop that beam from one shotting people.

edited April 2013
    Blendtec wrote: »
    Durumu in LFR is just awful. No amount of the dying buff is going to stop that beam from one shotting people.

The group I did it with had trouble with the bloody colours. We had 2 of the adds up during the whole maze of death. The only people who survived were me, one of the tanks, a few of the healers and about 6 or 7 DPS from a crazy geared heroic prog guild. We were pulling all the damage anyway, so he died.

LFR Animus is fucking HILARIOUS. It turned from a fight centred around controlling when and where you kill adds to AOE AS HARD AS FUCKING POSSIBLE. I don't think that the Animus can even hit 100 energy if you tried.

Lorahalo on
  • BlendtecBlendtec Registered User regular
    This whole new wing is bad. The mechanics can't just be brute forced. Wiped 4 times on Animus, got 1 stack of the buff, finally just gave up and left. LFR groups can not handle any sort of tactics or mechanics, Blizzard needs to realize that and adjust for it.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    This whole new wing is bad. The mechanics can't just be brute forced. Wiped 4 times on Animus, got 1 stack of the buff, finally just gave up and left. LFR groups can not handle any sort of tactics or mechanics, Blizzard needs to realize that and adjust for it.

so you want every lfr fight to be Patchwer minus hateful strikes? If not, then what exactly?

steam_sig.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    i've noticed it in my profession windows

It's also in quests as I set myself up so after dinner I can crack out a few dailies with my brother then get ready for the hell of work

honestly i didn't notice any mechanics whatsoever for primordius or animus in lfr. i killed a few slimes till i got the buff because i noticed he had a thing which made him take less damage from normies and i inferred that killing slimes would mutate me. Then animus was just aoe trash down, kill the two big adds then kill the big one, no thought necessary.

• The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Primordius was easy. Kill the blobs, get buffed, kill boss.

Animus I guess has a more involving strat? It was just AE'ing hard though. Though it was next to impossible to see that crimson wake in the middle of all that mess.

Durumu? What maze? There's no fucking maze. There's just a giant black fog over everything. Each time I tried to see an opening, but then the fog would move faster than me and I would die. I spend every death zooming in and out looking for anything that made sense, but there was nothing. If anybody has a youtube video that explains this in slow, simple terms with lots of pictures, I'd love to have it to study. Otherwise, fuck putting in hyper-esoteric, insta-kill mechanics in the game with ZERO chance to practice them.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
    Primordius was easy. Kill the blobs, get buffed, kill boss.

Animus I guess has a more involving strat? It was just AE'ing hard though. Though it was next to impossible to see that crimson wake in the middle of all that mess.

Durumu? What maze? There's no fucking maze. There's just a giant black fog over everything. Each time I tried to see an opening, but then the fog would move faster than me and I would die. I spend every death zooming in and out looking for anything that made sense, but there was nothing. If anybody has a youtube video that explains this in slow, simple terms with lots of pictures, I'd love to have it to study. Otherwise, fuck putting in hyper-esoteric, insta-kill mechanics in the game with ZERO chance to practice them.

When starts to channel his big laser, a whole section of the room will be covered in purple swirlies. This is where the fire won't be at the start. It will quickly take over that part of the room so you need to keep a big eye out for where the opening forms and jump there as soon as possible. My group has the ranged do the edge of the platform because it's super massive and easy to do, so I'm not sure how melee does it.

Hey anyone use askmrrobot?

I've never used it before; is there a way to set it to only look at LFR gear? The options don't make it clear to me.

My brother does but makes fun of what it says about his paladin

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    There's two kinds of black gunk on durumu. The first is the 'tall' kind, which does not have gaps and will kill you if you touch it. The tall gunk will pull away from the laser, revealing some 'shorter' gunk. The short gunk won't one shot you and has gaps in it that you are intended to run into. This is the maze.

The problem is that until you get really used to looking for it, it's tough to distinguish one from the other. This is especially problematic at the beginning, since the laser will seem really close and you'll think you have to move right now. But you really don't; the laser moves fairly slowly at first and you have time to wait for the 'tall' gunk to pull back a bit before you run. Once you get going it gets easier since the 'tall' gunk starts receding faster than the laser moves (the laser is also accelerating, just at a slower rate.)

If you're having trouble doing it as melee, try running out to ranged. There are two paths through the maze and the ranged path is larger, so it can be easier to spot.

NREqxl5.jpg
    also heroic horridon raaaaaagh get out of the sand traps you dumbs

NREqxl5.jpg
  • KeemossiKeemossi Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    What helped for me on the maze was moving as far away from the beam at the start as possible, at the edge of the purple things that mark the safe side. Just have to find the initial opening, the rest is usually easy. The easiest way to die is to rush too much, there is plenty of time to wait for the next opening.

My group does it in the closest maze, which is right next to the boss. That part especially starts off as a huge mess, isn't really much harder if you don't hurry.

Also having particle effects on low should help slightly.
    Hey anyone use askmrrobot?

I've never used it before; is there a way to set it to only look at LFR gear? The options don't make it clear to me.

A guide

It's in the options, set LFR gear to T15 or whatever, then normal gear to something lower tier (since LFR is 502 and T14 is 496, so you should get only LFR gear with it's higher stats).

e: Joy! I'm free from LFR! I mean I *could* use a new belt and a head till I get normal drops, but the head drops from Jin'rokh which is not painful, and the belt upgrade from Ji-Kun is not worth the bother.

Ofc getting tier bonuses would be nice.. but I'd rather not suffer LFR for lower ilvl tier gear :/

Keemossi on
    So we've made zero progress on H Jin'rokh. We get to the second pool and everyone starts to die. Our guild leader goes off his head if anyone fucks up in the slightest because he hates wiping like no other. For example, I was told to just run out of the pool and ice block off my ionization. When I did that I got yelled at to just use it before the cast so I didn't get it. After I did that, I got yelled at for potentially killing everyone. Good times.

it's a pretty frustrating fight. Trying to avoid the ionization by using personals pre-emptively is stupid though; the amount of dps gained vs just getting the debuff and moving out is tiny, and hey anytime you can do something that'll wipe the raid if your timing is off by a second, you gotta do it right?

NREqxl5.jpg
    We aren't geared enough to do it unless we do everything 100% perfectly AND get lucky. Our guild average item level is something like 6 or 7 lower than the only guilds on the server to have killed a heroic boss, but he's convinced we can do it. Worse part is that we're going to spend all fucking week on this fight and not clear any normal bosses and go in next week in exactly the same situation.

• Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    According to the lastest PTR notes, heroic scenarios require a premade group to do.

Doesn't that...kinda defeat the purpose of scenarios?

/sigh

EDIT: Actually, to be honest, I really don't know what purpose scenarios serve anyway.

Heroic scenarios will be like challenge dungeons. I also suspect Blizzard is going to be lazy and have no dungeons next expansion, just scenarios and heroic scenarios. They'll probably bring back the Brewmoon Festival and a Brewing Storm, just for good measure.

I really miss having dungeons as something I could do and see gains from, even after gearing up at max level. I like dungeons a lot more than I like dailies or LFR, but there's just so little to be gained from them at this point since all the loot is low ilvl and there's no rep gains.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    There's two kinds of black gunk on durumu. The first is the 'tall' kind, which does not have gaps and will kill you if you touch it. The tall gunk will pull away from the laser, revealing some 'shorter' gunk. The short gunk won't one shot you and has gaps in it that you are intended to run into. This is the maze.

The problem is that until you get really used to looking for it, it's tough to distinguish one from the other. This is especially problematic at the beginning, since the laser will seem really close and you'll think you have to move right now. But you really don't; the laser moves fairly slowly at first and you have time to wait for the 'tall' gunk to pull back a bit before you run. Once you get going it gets easier since the 'tall' gunk starts receding faster than the laser moves (the laser is also accelerating, just at a slower rate.)

If you're having trouble doing it as melee, try running out to ranged. There are two paths through the maze and the ranged path is larger, so it can be easier to spot.

Adding my own 2 cents here. It's very, very hard to figure it out. Once you do though, it's a walk in the park. A tip I have is to turn Particle Density, I believe, to low. It helps the maze pop out a bit more and be more discernible. Practice makes perfect though. Keep at it, don't get frustrated. If you need to, run through the ranged path. Much easier to navigate. Also, run to the faaaaar far end of the shadowbullshit once the phase actually starts. The other side of shadowbullshit will slowly sweep TO you, instead of immediately spawning ON you.

Really though, who's fucking idea was it to have a PURPLE maze with PURPLE shadowbullshit covering it, all the while being on a PURPLE floor in a PURPLE room. Fuck me, everything just blends fucking together and it's such a mess.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    According to the lastest PTR notes, heroic scenarios require a premade group to do.

/sigh

EDIT: Actually, to be honest, I really don't know what purpose scenarios serve anyway.

Heroic scenarios will be like challenge dungeons. I also suspect Blizzard is going to be lazy and have no dungeons next expansion, just scenarios and heroic scenarios. They'll probably bring back the Brewmoon Festival and a Brewing Storm, just for good measure.

I really miss having dungeons as something I could do and see gains from, even after gearing up at max level. I like dungeons a lot more than I like dailies or LFR, but there's just so little to be gained from them at this point since all the loot is low ilvl and there's no rep gains.

I know Blizzard have said they wanted to get away from running X dungeons a week to get the valor cap, and make other things, i.e. dailies and rep grinds, a viable alternative, but it really does seem like its going from one end of the spectrum to the other.

If no new heroics are going to be introduced and the ones we do have aren't going to see any updates with regards to loot at any rate, then....aren't heroic dungeons going to be rather pointless?

Edit; as a sidenote, has anyone gotten the Hardened Shell? It took me 3 kills to get it, but nearly every time I've used it, it has caused many people around to me to laugh (and also mistakenly think I somehow managed to one shot people on 400k health). I think I managed to get a 2 for 1 when I used it on person flying another around.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
    Well my first attempt at the green fire
    I got stuck in the black temple because I forgot how to set the raider markers on the floor I feel dumb
    I don't get to use them that often it's why I forgot how to do it

• Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

/sigh

I know Blizzard have said they wanted to get away from running X dungeons a week to get the valor cap, and make other things, i.e. dailies and rep grinds, a viable alternative, but it really does seem like its going from one end of the spectrum to the other.

If no new heroics are going to be introduced and the ones we do have aren't going to see any updates with regards to loot at any rate, then....aren't heroic dungeons going to be rather pointless?

Edit; as a sidenote, has anyone gotten the Hardened Shell? It took me 3 kills to get it, but nearly every time I've used it, it has caused many people around to me to laugh (and also mistakenly think I somehow managed to one shot people on 400k health). I think I managed to get a 2 for 1 when I used it on person flying another around.

I wish they'd just realize that no matter what system they use to distribute valor/gear/etc, there will always be a portion of the player base which feels "obligated" to do everything as often as humanly possible and following the most efficient route possible, and stop worrying about those people. Instead, focus on providing lots of options (which they claim to have done) for the normal players who log on a few days a week and just want either enough variety to not get bored and enough efficiency to be able to level/gain loot at a reasonable pace for the effort/time involved.

There are many days where I'll log on and run one faction's dailies while waiting for LFR to pop, but really, what I want to be doing is gearing up to do non-LFR stuff, and dungeons that actually provided rep and/or usable gear (like the 4.3 dungeons in Cata or the Icecrown stuff in WotLK) would much more suit my interests than slowly grinding rep doing the same basic quests over and over. The problem is that if my goal as a player is more and better loot (which I'd wager is the goal of most players), there's only one real avenue to getting there, and that's doing dailies enough to be able to buy gear to hit ilvl for LFR and then grinding out LFR while maybe continuing to do dailies. That doesn't feel like having a bunch of options.

I have it {the blue shell] but sadly I find few flagged allaince around

I still remember the shear grind I did for the icecrown tourney gear when you could buy it dungeon madness!

I still wish you could buy the whole set if they want people to do the lfr or raid in general why not?