Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Reticulate Some Servers [SIM CITY]

1313233343537»

• TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    because of limitations to our new Beard Box engine, complex beard pathing agent systems prevent Tier 1 Operator beards exceeding a 2x2 cm area

any modifications to Beard Box to illicitly increase beard length are in violation of the ToS and any accounts caught with T1+ Beards are subject to termination

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Sir Headless VII has been kidnapped by Langly and is being held for ransom! Solve the riddle to set em' free, or I'll hand em' over to Clamps!

DIRECTION is my moniker
    A easy form of ID
    GENDER is another barometer
    To know it's truly me
    Which forumer am I?

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    I've jumped back into the game and trying a new development approach.

I love the way happiness and density are intertwined, and what I've realized over the past two days is that the zoning demand bars are extremely deceptive.

The best way to build your city is to keep your employment and shoppers in balance. That's the best way for controlled growth so you don't end up strangling your city because you zones 8000 acres of low density stuff and then had it explode at the same time.

Two problems though

1) Low wealth employment is maddeningly hard to control. Individual factories seem to employ hundreds of low wealth sims and even if there's chronic demand for labor industry demand will still show full bar demand. Lame.

2) Past a certain point, predicting commercial growth gets hard. You almost have to decide up front if you want to neglect commerce growth, or residential growth, because you can't really have both be equal.

I think they need to tune how employment works because I'm pretty sure even without any tourism you could build a city that had no industry at all and still have full employment. City service buildings take up too many workers.