As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

mini-[Phalla] Noir - MAFIA Victory!

Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Critical Failures
PhallaNoir_zpsf99c57e3.png

Cargo City, 1948. Post-war.

The ticker-tape parades are over and husbands are back with their wives. It was time for the returning G.I.'s to get back to work. Man has to make his own way in the world now that they aren't on Uncle Sam's dime. Some of us had factory jobs to return to or farmsteads waiting. Those of us who went in too young had no real skills to put us to work in civilian life. For us you either join the joined the force or you joined the mob.

I choose to join the force myself. I was real good at it, too. Everyone said I was in a hurry to make detective. That was until I stuck my nose where it wasn't welcome. Turns out that vaunted honor of the boys in blue only goes so far. They don't appreciate it much when you turn your own partner in for rough-housing a potential witness. You learn real quick then to get right or get looking out for number one. I choose the later. Man's got to make his own way and take care of his own. I don't have a problem with most cops - by and large they're just guys trying to put food on their family tables like the rest of us. Who needs them, anyway. It was a hack job. Cops got too much oversight; their too behold to public outcry. I still don't trust them, mind you. And I certainly don't want them muscling in on my business.

I'm a businessman these days, you see. Got my own private detective agency. I know it isn't far from what I did before, but this is America: when you have a talent, capitalize on it. Free enterprise makes the world go around. It's just me and my partner Benny right now but we're looking to expand. Got a secretary and everything. A real tough little cookie named Merle.

Cargo City wouldn't be the first place I'd pick to raise my children. Some of the more popular destinations include the red light district in downtown and Rick's Speakeasy over on 10th and Broad. The mob presense is pretty strong, too. They traffic in everything from prostitution to influence peddling. Protection rackets are a dime a dozen in this town. Makes life exciting for a gumshoe like me. A little bit of graff can get a man a long way, but a sharp wit and skeptical mind even further.

That was when she darkened my door...

General rules of Phalla can be found here. Players of all experience levels are welcome.

Specific rules can be found below:

Standard Phalla Rules

You must vote each day. Vote in !bold red for whomever you think is likely to be a threat to you. The winner of the vote will be eliminated every night.

In addition, everyone should make at least two posts each day. Failure to vote or contribute will lead to warning and replacement.

Do not directly quote anything from PMs with me, or take screenshots of them. It is okay to paraphrase role PMs however.

Do not add other players to PM conversations.

Do not anonymously contact anyone.

When you die you may make one ghost post which cannot contain any game information whatsoever. After that please do not discuss the game with anyone still alive.

Ask for clarifications in !bold darkorange. You can always PM me with clarification requests, or post them directly in the thread.

Make sure you invite me to any PMs or proboards you might form.

Signup in !bold limegreen.

Upon signing up, please PM me with a district you would like to begin the game located in.

Vote close will be 10:00pm EST every night.

Specific Noir Rules:

noirdistricts_zps71a9d092.png

Each night players may move to one of the many districts of Caro City via PM with the host. Evidence is gathered by having Cargo City Cops positioned at the various districts and locales of the city, including City Hall, the District Attorney's Office, Red Light Alley, Rick's Speakeasy, and the Wharf. The Police Precinct will always produce one (1) evidence token per night as tips come in over the phones and from witness statements.

At the end of each night, please PM the host with your new location. If orders are not received, you will be assumed to remain stationary.

While at a location, evidence tokens will be earned based on the number of Mafia at the current location. Each location can only produce tokens once per night and must have at least one Cargo City Cop assigned there to gain the benefits. All tokens will be accumulated into an evidence pool at the end of the night to fuel the abilities of specials.

Points in this pool are spent on a first come, first served basis. Get your orders in quickly to ensure they go through. The earliest time stamps will get first claim.

Cause of death and where the body was found are very important to an investigation. Where a player dies and which faction killed them may be obscured in the narration.

As village specials are sent to sleep with the fishes, standard villagers will receive promotions to take over their positions. Internal politics makes this a slow process, requiring a night to complete before the role can be assigned.

CLARIFICATIONS
Mikey CTS wrote: »
Let me pre-empt these before they even get asked:

Vote > Seer > Defensive > Steal > Offensive

Conversions, millers, thralls, etc:

Clarification Denied
Invictus wrote: »
where in the order of operations is movement?

Movement occurs with Offensive actions.
All of our information is still from yesterday. In theory, we should need to wait for tonight to get information on who was at the wharf last night.

Incidentally: for day 1, did we recieve 1 evidence token from each location? Or some other arrangement?

For day one the village received six tokens, just enough to fuel all their powers, and not based on mafia location. Tokens generated last night followed the standard rules set in the OP.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
Mikey CTS on

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Sign-up sheet:

1. vertroue
    2. ObiFett
    3. SLyM
    4. SaberOverEasy
    5. Grunt's Ghost
    6. jdarksun
    7. kime
    8. am0n
    9. The Anonymous
    10. Cythraul
    11. OminousLozenge
    12. Langly
    13. Iron Weasel
    14. [color=limegreen][s]Mill[/s][/color]
    15. BradicusMaximus
    16. [color=darkgrey][s]Zombie Hero[/s][/color]
    17. Zonugal
    18. Egos
    19. Invictus
    20. Void Slayer
    21. Gizzy
    22. mi-go hunter
    23. Auralynx
    24. Micro
    25. TheRoadVirus
    26. JPants
    27. blahmcblah
    28. [color=darkgrey][s]godmode[/s][/color]
    29. Xenogears of Bore
    30. KetBra

Reserves:
    1. premium
    2. Assuran

Mikey CTS on
  • Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    If you're smart, you can be a hero, If you're dumb, you can be dead.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    this looks fun

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    this sounds like my kind of town

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Her name was Desire. Well, maybe not, but it should have been. Tall, blonde, and legs that echoed every curve in that little red number she was wearing. She was a real dame, not the kind that usually get lost at my door. I knew then, I was in real trouble. But I couldn't resist.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    psssst

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    !Sign up

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Are you new?

Are you a masked enemy of the avatar?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    I am new, fresh off the last boat that docked. Who is this avatar you speak of?

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    YAAAAAAAAAAAA FRESH MEAT!!! I mean Hi welcome to phalla land.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    So, I can sign up, right?

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    They were all dead. The final gunshot was an exclamation mark to everything that had led to this point. I released my finger from the trigger, and it was over.

The Anonymous on
  • Options
    @Capfalcon yep!

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    siiiiiign

Making a crazy effort to be active this game. Having a real cell phone data plan again is gonna help!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    She was a real tough cookie with a long history
    Of breaking awesome hearts like the one in me.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    RESERVE
    Really want to sign up but not 100% sure if I'll have the time for this right now.

• Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    sign

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Lemme introduce you all to a fried who's very close to my heart.

Just a little down and left, to be specific.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Going out on patrol.

cat-cop.jpg

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Dare I play in 2 games?!

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Let's do this
    tracer_bullet.jpg

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    Pretty sure that image is the next panel after my quote.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not a bad first day for sign-ups - eighteen and one reserve.

Mikey CTS on
  • Options

5 January, 1945. Ardenes, Belgium.

Explosions ring in my ears like church bells on Sunday morning and the air tastes like blood. My tommy's nearly empty, and the goddam SS just keep coming.

It's late in the War and they're angry - we've heard what they do to prisoners.

Nineteen rounds left. Save one for yourself.

Eighteen and one reserve.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I've been to the Ardennes, they're beautiful. And Bastogne is fucking awesome.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    fuck kelso

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    I thought I signed up! for this earlier today.

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    It was the kind of joint you would take your mistress or your mother but not your wife. Just enough peeling paint to tell you you shouldn't be there, just enough light so you knew what you were getting into. The man behind the counter was already pouring my drink, never been here before in my life, but he knew my number.

He's a shy overambitious dog-catcher on the wrong side of the law. She's an orphaned psychic mercenary with the power to bend men's minds. They fight crime!
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Gizzzeh

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    persona45_thumb.jpg

Private investigation is a dying profession, good thing we got some new blood.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    And what have you got at the end of the day?
    What have you got to take away?
    A bottle of whisky and a new set of lies
    Blinds on the windows and a pain behind the eyes
    Scarred for life - no compensation
    Private investigations...
    yeah, i know i already signed up, but I was in a hurry at the time

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    dammit, I should really play some more Persona 4.

I set up the ps2 but then like a week later my <not going to explain relationship>s come back for vacation and need the space for laptop room so I pack it up again then set it up a week before they get back for their next vacation.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

At least if you still have room. If not I'll take a reserve slot.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    !sign up if space, other wise happy to be a reserve

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Reserve up

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    DIBS ON RED LIGHT DISTRICT

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Hello, my little marshmallows