As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't boot to safe mode in Windows 7

CambiataCambiata Commander ShepardThe likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
So I've been having problems with a game launcher, and one of the suggested fixes is to boot into safe mode and then lauch the patcher from there to fix the problem.

I've never actually had cause to boot to Windows 7 safemode before, but I click the F8 and select safe mode with networking, it starts booting up but then hangs at classpnp.sys. I tried regular safemode as well and had the same problem. Now I'm just worried about my computer's ability to boot in safe mode, as that is something I might actually urgently need at some point. Any one heard of this problem and know a fix? I tried searching the web but all too often I'm given instructions to try things that are incomplete, so that I have no idea how to carry them out. Suggestions?

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Have you left it running overnight? I've had machines I had to work on that take forever to boot into safe mode.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    The first thing I'd do if it was my machine is run chkdsk /r, but someone else might have a better suggestion.

• Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Ok I'll try that when I get home, thanks.

I'll also try just leaving the safe mode boot up screen on overnight to see how that works too.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind