As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

mini-[Phalla] Noir - MAFIA Victory!

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    OOOOBBBBBIIIIII

MIIIIIIIIIIGOOOOOO

What are we doing?

Mutually assured destruction.

• Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    Who is dead, Floyd MacMurray or Benny MacMurray? Narration and cardflip say two different things. Almost certainly irrelevant, but just in case it becomes important, I thought I'd ask.

• Options
    And back to the game:

As we earn evidence points in proportion to the number of mafia in the same square as us, it seems obvious that the mafia will split up and spread themselves thinly (unless there's some other mechanic at play where it pays for them to all be in the same place for extra powers, etc).

Might I suggest that, to make sure we get as many evidence points as possible we in the village make sure we spread ourselves over the locations as well? People (mafia) obviously will lie about where they are, so might I suggest we double, or even treble, up on any given square to make sure all the bases are covered?

I'll start, so we know what bases need to be covered:

Tonight I will move to the Wharf

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Edit: Nevermind found the rules!

godmode on
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    The police station produced one evidence.

We have six total.

We get one from each combination of cop at location and mafia at location, max 1 per location.

Possibilities:
    5 mafia, each in different locations
    6 mafia, one of which doubled up with another
    Or 6 mafia, and a beat cop isn't in a mafia location.

Right?

• Options
    Oh, I'm sorry! I was looking to the Day 1 narration and not the OP for instructions :oops:

• Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Not exactly jdark. The OP says that evidence is based on the number of mafia present at a location.

My guess would be that as long as there is 1 vanillager at a location, we get evidence token equal to the amount of mafia at that location.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    "Hope springs eternal in the human breast; Man never Is, but always to be blest: the soul, uneasy and confined from home, rests and expatiates in a life to come."

'And what do you suppose Pope meant by that?'

"Life's a bitch until you die."

'V....very well, Mrs. Mars. Please sit down now.'

So this is how it is. The innocent suffer, the guilty go free, and truth and fiction are pretty much interchangeable. ...There is neither a Santa Claus, nor an Easter Bunny, and there no angels watching over us. Things just happen for no reason, and nothing makes any sense.

• Options
    godmode wrote: »
    Oh, I'm sorry! I was looking to the Day 1 narration and not the OP for instructions :oops:

Didn't read the OP? Godmode is now a confirmed villager. Send him all your secrets.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Micro wrote: »
    And back to the game:

As we earn evidence points in proportion to the number of mafia in the same square as us, it seems obvious that the mafia will split up and spread themselves thinly (unless there's some other mechanic at play where it pays for them to all be in the same place for extra powers, etc).

Might I suggest that, to make sure we get as many evidence points as possible we in the village make sure we spread ourselves over the locations as well? People (mafia) obviously will lie about where they are, so might I suggest we double, or even treble, up on any given square to make sure all the bases are covered?

I'll start, so we know what bases need to be covered:

Tonight I will move to the Wharf

I like your style, kid, but we don't know how those goons operate exactly, so I'm a bit leery of telling them exactly where to find each of us.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    The only way I'd ever make two grand in a week working at the Hut is if they installed a pole... It's time for me to find some more lucrative work!

• Options
    Not exactly jdark. The OP says that evidence is based on the number of mafia present at a location.

My guess would be that as long as there is 1 vanillager at a location, we get evidence token equal to the amount of mafia at that location.
    But we don't know the exchange rate for Cops and Mafia per location.

Of course, figuring that out is easy. If everyone tells us where they were last night, and repeats each day, that information will soon be made clear to us.

So where were you last night?

• Options
    I started in the Red Light District.

I had to, uh, follow up on some leads.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    jdarksun wrote: »

But we don't know the exchange rate for Cops and Mafia per location.

Of course, figuring that out is easy. If everyone tells us where they were last night, and repeats each day, that information will soon be made clear to us.

So where were you last night?

There's no indication that there IS an exchange rate. My guess is that the mafia can get extra kills if they know who is at the same location. They can use that to stop the evidence from accumulating.

For a variety of reason, I think having EVERYONE reveal thier locations each night might not be the greatest idea. But since jdark asked so nicely...

I started in the DA's office. Where did you start jdark?

• Options
    I started in the Red Light District.

I had to, uh, follow up on some leads.

The only 'leads' he was looking for were at the end of a highway that runs between a pair of long legs

• Options
    For a variety of reason, I think having EVERYONE reveal thier locations each night might not be the greatest idea.
    Hmm, like what?

RLD.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    For a variety of reason, I think having EVERYONE reveal thier locations each night might not be the greatest idea.
    Hmm, like what?

RLD.

Like the fact that specials may not be able to both use their ability AND move. In that case having a location record would lead the mafia right to them.

On a side note, as a vanillager, it is in your best interest to keep moving every turn. It should make you immune to some abilities and keep things spread out.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Nevermind

godmode on
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    Micro wrote: »
    Who is dead, Floyd MacMurray or Benny MacMurray? Narration and cardflip say two different things. Almost certainly irrelevant, but just in case it becomes important, I thought I'd ask.

Benny. I corrected it and yes it doesn't matter.

// PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    Generally speaking, in games with different locations, there is minimal risk in disclosing where you were. It's less safe to say where you're going.

Currently Playing:
  • Options
    Let me pre-empt these before they even get asked:

Vote > Seer > Defensive > Steal > Offensive

Conversions, millers, thralls, etc:

Clarification Denied

• Options
    All good points, in that case:

Last night I was in the City Hall

• Options
    edited April 2013
    I started out in the Wharf.

YOU SPELLED IT WRONG
    Worf2379.jpg

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    What do you mean? The picture you linked is broken.

• Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    where in the order of operations is movement?

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    Isn't where we were where we currently are? We should be disclosing this information after narration, and everyone should be doing it.

• Options
    Invictus wrote: »
    where in the order of operations is movement?

Movement occurs with Offensive actions.

• Options
    And er not after narration, after vote close

• Options
    Oh, I was gonna say, "Isn't that what we're doing already?"

• Options
    Oh, I was gonna say, "Isn't that what we're doing already?"

No, that would mean after tonight's narration, when the dead couldn't say where they had been.

If there are location based mechanics and they depend on knowing where someone is, revealing before actions are closed means that they can take advantage of that.

• Options
    Fair enough. Though I can already tell that there's going to be more than one person who says "Oh, I was out after vote close and didn't check the thread again, sorry"

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Yep, everybody listen to the masked turtle!

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    That'll be ok - they can still say where they were after narration. And hopefully narration will reveal where the dead are located.

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    This phalla and the other starting so close together is causing issues in my brain.
    I must investigate further.

• Options
    Fair enough. Though I can already tell that there's going to be more than one person who says "Oh, I was out after vote close and didn't check the thread again, sorry"

Well that's only a problem if they're dead, and hopefully we get location information on death, usually that is the case. Just easier and safer right after vote close. Plus it makes it easier to find.

• Options
    mi-go huntermi-go hunter Once again I'm back in the lab. Cleaning my knives, ready for stabs.Registered User regular
    Alright then, since we are sharing locations I started the game at the Police Precinct. That is where any proper detective should be.

• Options
    No! Dang it!