As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dust 514] Internet Cyborg Space Marines

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I still maintain that the best bet in pubs is to stack sig dampers. I'm at 100% now and the things I can pull off are pretty silly. Lasing entire squads has gotten boring so I've been running around with a breach scram. Firing a scrambler has almost no radar penalty, and they're basically silent. I can often shoot someone several times before they even figure out that I'm behind them, but I find it more satisfying to take my time, follow them around for a while, and take the headshot when they scope on something.

• DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    Haha, well at the very least *I* wont be redlined.

I do wish that they made some uplinks "whole team" varients. I hate that im conflicted between going with a squad and trying to stick with them, or going with the random no squadders and trying to heard them into something useful with uplinks.

That being said, if anyone here wants to squad it up some time, my character is Bones McGavins. Usually hop on from like 9-12 central every other day or so. For some reason, unless ive been drinking or im with some RL buddies, im relatively "shy" when it comes to talking via mic, so I might need some warming up to actually get my communication on.

But itd be nice to play with some folks instead of hopping on random squads.

616610-1.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Who wants to send me a recruit link?

https://dust514.com/recruit/YNNocv/

I didnt know such a thing existed until your request. I shouldve had my friends join via this for the free gear.

616610-1.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    Disrupter wrote: »
    https://dust514.com/recruit/YNNocv/

I didnt know such a thing existed until your request. I shouldve had my friends join via this for the free gear.

thank you good sir.

edited April 2013
    Four million odd SP under the belt and I finally saved up for Laser Rifle Operation V
    My current $$$ fit is a Viziam, three Complex Shield Mods, Basic Armor Plate and Repairer, Complex Profile Damper x1.

It is like a tiny god.

I won't see a damage upgrade until I find some officer lasers, won't see a survivability upgrade for another 2 million SP 'n change when I get to the next dropsuit tier.

Sokpuppet on
    edited April 2013
    Yeah I just discovered the love for Laser Rifles. My only small complaint about them is that I get a ton of "assists" with it. Due to the fact it eats shields in a second, but takes a while for armor, combined with the fact the entire team gets to see exactly where the laser is aiming, it takes some luck to actually be credited with the kill sometimes. But even still, its way awesome. Preheating them and insta murdering roof top snipers or other LR users is just magical. And I LOVE watching folks run, and then get stuck on something as my laser melts them. Im only using the advanced though. Probably wont ever get around to the viziam, at least not for a long while. Still running militia suits :)

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Four million odd SP under the belt and I finally saved up for Laser Rifle Operation V
    My current $$$ fit is a Viziam, three Complex Shield Mods, Basic Armor Plate and Repairer, Complex Profile Damper x1.

It is like a tiny god.

I won't see a damage upgrade until I find some officer lasers, won't see a survivability upgrade for another 2 million SP 'n change when I get to the next dropsuit tier.

In EVE, dual tanking (shield + armor) is a bad thing. Is it different in DUST?

edited April 2013
    I think its considered bad when running vehicles, but i think less so on infantry. Part of the reason, and I dunno if this holds true for EVE (i assume so) is because shield is very vulnerable to some damage types, and armor is very vulnerable to others. Someone who shield tanks will be dead in a split second to a LR. Somehow who armor tanks will be dead to HMG or Mass driver. Having a mix of both gives up a bit of resistance to some of the specialized damages that otherwise would eat you alive.

Also, dual tanking is also the only way to max tank, since low slots allow shield extenders, and high slots allow armor plates. Basically shield tank stuff goes in low, armor tank stuff goes in high. I dont know about vehicles.

I think in vehicles its bad because a lot of your slots are dedicated to supplementing one or the other. Armor reps, armor hardeners, active reps etc. So by dual tnaking your reducing the effectiveness of some of those modules. Other than a slow passive armor rep, there isnt the same issue on infantry.

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • LochielLochiel Registered User regular
    In EVE, while Shields are weak to EM and Armor is weak to EXP, it is easy to buff resistances. However, building a decent dual tank takes a lot of slots that can no longer be used for utility or damage mods; and there is no synergy between shield and armor tank modules.

Additionally, in EVE fights are often to the death. If you can disengage long enough to rep to full, then you can disengage long enough to run away. So it is important to have the DPS to burn through your opponents tank quickly or the utility to mitigate your opponents damage/prevent them from running/help your buddies kill them quickly/etc.

Contrast with DUST where, if you have enough tank, it is possible to disengage and heal up; thus saving your team a clone and keeping yourself in position.

and of course speed tanking got nerfed nearly into oblivion pre-launch.

What was speed tanking? Cause right now, in DUST, it seems like there is still very much the ability to just go scout and make 80% of the community miss an entire clip and then SMG them while they reload...

616610-1.png

Yeah. It was more like 99-100% miss rate for a while.
    Less, "I can dodge bullets??" More, "You don't have to `_'

It was a combination of dodgy netcode, dodgy hit detection, dodgy server performance, and higher mobility than scouts have nowadays.

I suppose it's still pretty workable, but there was a time when I could engage a squad with an SMG Scout and have a solid chance of killing several of them without taking a scratch. It was broken.

This must have been early on when I first tried it, and running around with a scout/shotgun made you a God.

There are still issues with it, and the most trouble I have killing people is with shield tanked proto scouts. Most scouts, i can land enough to bring them down pretty quick despite the speed, but with enough shield, there are times where I feel absolutely useless shooting at guys.

616610-1.png
  • RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    So there is a thing going on currently:

https://dust514.com/beta/human-endurance/

Start playing to get stuff.

Edit:
    If anyone wants a recruity link:
    https://dust514.com/recruit/mt7nOY/

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • BuzzwordsBuzzwords Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    V1m wrote: »
    In EVE, dual tanking (shield + armor) is a bad thing. Is it different in DUST?

there's a few factors.

1)there are no resistance modules for dust dropsuits, so 1 point of your shields or armor isn't necessarily more valuable than the other. we don't even have REAL racial variants of suits yet, for example: the caldari assault dropsuit doesn't get a bonus to it's shield resistances, even though that WOULD make sense, because it's the ONLY assault dropsuit atm.

(vehicles DO have resistance modules, so dual tanking them IS generally frowned upon)

2)it's an FPS, so dieing only takes a few seconds. adding a couple extra bullets worth of health is rather significant, no matter where it comes from.

3)there's no logi "doctrine" at the moment. logis cannot remote repair shields yet, and the BEST armor repper still reps armor SLOWER than even the weakest smg. (by a HUGE margin) if someone is shooting you, the only way to survive is duck or kill him first. you'll be dead before you call for reps, and even if you get those reps, you'd be better off if your logi-bro just helped you kill the guy and repped you up afterward.

Buzzwords on
    Lochiel wrote: »
    In EVE, while Shields are weak to EM and Armor is weak to EXP, it is easy to buff resistances. However, building a decent dual tank takes a lot of slots that can no longer be used for utility or damage mods; and there is no synergy between shield and armor tank modules.

Additionally, in EVE fights are often to the death. If you can disengage long enough to rep to full, then you can disengage long enough to run away. So it is important to have the DPS to burn through your opponents tank quickly or the utility to mitigate your opponents damage/prevent them from running/help your buddies kill them quickly/etc.

Contrast with DUST where, if you have enough tank, it is possible to disengage and heal up; thus saving your team a clone and keeping yourself in position.

Thanks, that's an interesting twist on the combat meta.

• AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    I had somehow forgotten about this game.

Downloading it now.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    I don't suppose there's a newbie guide out there somewhere to help me figure out what is going on in this game because it seems rad as hell but i'm getting my ass kickeddddddddddd

There are a bunch of "base" stats you can increase. Weaponary, for example gives you more damage across all guns (and unlocks modules to increase said damage further). There are stats to increase your armor and shield (armor is pretty inexpensive sp wise, the shield one is a bit more). These skills are good to focus on early on cause they will increase your overall health and "dps" across all weapon and dropsuit types.

Assault rifle proficiancy reduces your bullet dispersion so your ARs fire more where you aim. I am not sure if its coincidence, but the game started "clicking" for me around the time I got that to IV.

I find the aiming and hit detection to be a little "bad" and thus it takes some getting used to. If your used to typical console FPS, youll feel a bit frustrated as early on you can unload an entire clip at a scout and not even touch them.

If you go to the forums, in the rookie training subforum, theres a decent amount of guides for various build and character types. As a new player I suggest one of three things:

1) Run a logistics, and focus on supporting your team in Skirmish. (Skrimish doesnt track stats like k/d most of the time. Only does when one side wins through killing the other teams clones, which is rare, so its good to practice in without "hurting your stats" if you care about that type of thing.) You can feel really useful, rack up SP and ISK and learn the actual gunplay of the game as you go.

2) Run a heavy with an HMG and play defensively, stick with team mates and rack up the kills. A heavy with an HMG helps fight some of the mechanical issues compared to other games, since its spray means you dont need to aim as tightly.

3) Run a scout with a shotgun. The issues with aiming I described? This is way worse when fighting a scout. Its really hard to hit them, especially at first. Apparently it used to be way worse. Its a legit tactic to just dance around until the enemy has to reload then kill them. A majority of the player base cant kill a scout dancing 1 on1. Shotguns, however, are easy to aim and super deadly. This is a good way to have fun early on before you get "good" at the game. You can do quite a bit of damage, get kills, and a bunch of SP and ISK.

For general tips, early on, i suggest kneeling before firing your AR, it tightens up the spread a lot and makes your gun a deadly stream of bullets. Try to flank people instead of engaging them one on one. Hitting a guy's side, who is currently distracted, is an easy kill (their back less so, cause they will likely be straifing which impacts a rare attack just as well as a frontal). Basically if your trying to kill poeple conventionally (not with the HMG or shotty) you want to pick your targets carefully. Early on its best to pretty much run any time someone knows your there. Only fight people who don't see you coming.

616610-1.png
  • kraz007kraz007 Registered User regular
    Thanks for the recruit links, totally forgot about Dust.

Riftforge: a free online RPG with fantasy tactics!

468.png

Blogs: Endless Space - galaxy seeds | Diablo 3 duels
    Dust Developer AMA on Reddit; http://www.reddit.com/r/dust514/comments/1ckz34/dust_514_developer_ama/

best quote so far:

CCP Employee 14 points 4 days ago

Will this be a console equivalent of EVE in terms of its longevity and dev support?

That is the plan. We currently have no plans to stop, or even lower, the amount of development effort being put into DUST."

• FauxRealFauxReal Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    A game has never made me feel so much anxiety and frustration. I keep getting spawn killed which I suppose is more realistic, it's not like there's some guaranteed safe spot on a real battlefield. Although it's a little ridiculous to spawn point blank in front of a guy who is already unloading his weapon with no other spawn points available.

Another thing that keeps happening (aside from my first two games) is I lose every battle, I'll check the team stats and my team's best player will usually have less than half the kills of at least the top 5 players on the other team. Taken as a whole the other team's K/D stats make ours look like a joke. I see the corp names on their side and it's always varied so I guess it's just really bad luck.

There's nothing I can blame the game itself for but damn... I feel like drop kicking the PS3, I can finally relate to those online rage videos which I previously thought were videos of fringe maniacs. Now I find myself close to joining their ranks.

FauxReal on
    Steam: PusherBot
    XBL: SchematicRat
    PSN: SchematicRat

Msg. me so I know you're from PA.
    edited May 2013
    FauxReal wrote: »
    A game has never made me feel so much anxiety and frustration. I keep getting spawn killed which I suppose is more realistic, it's not like there's some guaranteed safe spot on a real battlefield. Although it's a little ridiculous to spawn point blank in front of a guy who is already unloading his weapon with no other spawn points available.

Another thing that keeps happening (aside from my first two games) is I lose every battle, I'll check the team stats and my team's best player will usually have less than half the kills of at least the top 5 players on the other team. Taken as a whole the other team's K/D stats make ours look like a joke. I see the corp names on their side and it's always varied so I guess it's just really bad luck.

There's nothing I can blame the game itself for but damn... I feel like drop kicking the PS3, I can finally relate to those online rage videos which I previously thought were videos of fringe maniacs. Now I find myself close to joining their ranks.

Welecome to EVE DUST!

V1m on
    edited May 2013
    One of the problems with DUST right now is that there are a handful (maybe 5 or 6) solid corps. And if you get a squad of them together without one to match on the other side, it gets out of hand quickly. I can literally look a the teams and know how the match will play out before it does.

The sad part is, yes these guys are good, but indvidually they arent amazing, its just if you take a group of good players versus randoms, it gets out of control. Every time I squad up with some of the better corps, its just game after game of 10-1,12-2,18-3 type games where we just roll over everyone. I used to think people's 10:1 k/d ratios on the leader board were ridiculous. But now I realize its just due to pub stomping.

Plus, they usually bust out theit proto gear and/or tanks when things get rolling since they have little risk to lose anything.

Yesterday I was playing with a buddy and I saw the teams, and I was like "we will probably lose, but OH we have Aldin Kan, hes one of the top leader board guys, so we might put up a fight."

Aldin then proceeds to leave the game instantly. I assume he ran from the lopsided fight.

Hopefully next week with Planetary Conquest, there will be more to the game then stats and e-peen and youll see less of this pub stomping nonsense. But yeah, right now maybe 1 out of every 5 games is actually competitive, one way or another.

But to your spawn death issue: I usually can avoid it pretty well, but last night i had a number of games where there were plenty of spawn deaths. Im not sure if they tweaked the spawn code again, or if corps are learning the mechanics and how to spawn trap

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
    Wait until the politics metagame really starts to kick in....

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    They need to do what world of tanks does, and limit groups to 3 people so match-making isn't broken. Let everyone on one side be from the same corporation only on player driven missions.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    they already limit groups to 4 people so...

as to getting spawn camped, there are a few predictable spawns, but you don't see people getting camped that blatantly very often. i hate to suggest it but how familiar are you with the current spawn mechanics? particularly in ambush, someone who doesn't actually know what they're doing may find themselves spawning on the same thing over and over again, even though they have other options.

basically the "default spawn" will try to place you near teammates, or just away from enemies. BUT if your team captures a CRU or a squad member drops an uplink, the spawn selection screen will default to THAT asset. thus if you button mash, what was once telling the game to FIND you a spawn, is now telling the game to spawn you RIGHT THERE, in a specific spot. from there all you need is asshole enemies to camp that asset. for some reason it changes the button.

the games decision making isn't always perfect, but it's often much better than repeatedly spawning on the same camped asset.

or in skirmish mode there are always protected spawns, inside the MCC and often on the ground.

edited May 2013
    Ambush is weird. I have seen some really messed up spawn choices. Normally I am on the "good" end of it. Where me and a couple team mates just keep slaughtering enemy units spawning in a corner or somehting we are by.

Most times I can attribute this to the enemy owning a supply depot near by (OBVIOUSLY if its a CRU there isnt a question of "why are they spawning in front of me?"). But sometimes, the enemy doesnt control anything near, and there are no enemy units alive near. Just this line of enemy units spawning in to their death. Its weird. But even then I can guess its because we are a smaller section of our team who moved away from the "blob" so we just happened to catch the games new spawn for the enemy.

Occasionally, and most recently the other night, I have been on the wrong side of this. But yeah, even with a full understanding of the spawn mechanics in ambush, there are times you can easily be spawn camped. This usually only occurs if your team is getting stomped. Hell, it even still sometimes does the "spawn you surrounded by bad guys for your first spawn!" thing. Although, admittedly, it is far less than it used to be.

Also, is it just me, or was skirmish absolutely impossible to enjoy during 3X SP week. Every match was constantly like 8 on 4 with everyone else AFK in the MCC...

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • FauxRealFauxReal Registered User regular
    Well right after my post I re-read the last few pages of this topic and changed a few things. I switched from Skirmish to Ambush. I then went with multiple profile dampers then raised my light weapons and dropsuit skills to L3. I started carrying uplinks as well. So I tried skulking around the edges and finding a high point to uplink. It helped a lot. My only problem now is running out of ammo. I need a suit good enough to carry nanohives and uplinks.

I was sometimes spawning on uplinks and not noticing. So now I generally go for default. But you can still end up spawning in front of a gun that way. Though what also happened to me once was I joined a game and we lost before it even finished loading. I've joined lots of games about to end as well. I guess people are bailing and I join because it's available.

Steam: PusherBot
    XBL: SchematicRat
    PSN: SchematicRat

Msg. me so I know you're from PA.
    edited May 2013
    New build on the way!
    New weapon types!
    New game-breaking bugs and playability issues! (Just guessing here)
    New everything!

Uprising Release Notes:
    Path to Game and Overall UI
    * Major improvement to the login flow. Time to merc quarter reduced from 4:30 seconds to 1:30 seconds on average
    * New character creation screen
    * Removed Specializations
    * New loading screens
    * All UI screens have been visually polished

Spawning and End of Match
    * New Overview Map and Spawn Screen UI.
    * Squad member list visible on overview map
    * Improved fit selection on spawn screen
    * Improved scanning on Objectives and Installations
    * Players are invisible / cloaked upon spawn for a few seconds. Cloak diables upon movement
    * Redesigned bleed out
    * New Kill Screen that shows who killed you and his/her statistics
    * Revamped and enhanced End of Match Screens

Skills
    * New node based Skill UI
    * Newly created characters receive no starter skills. Specializations have been removed
    * Reorganized skill tree to be simpler with logical separations between vehicle and dropsuit skills. Now all dropsuit skills are under Dropsuit Command; all equipment and modules (with the exception of damage modifiers and remote explosives) under Dropsuit Upgrades and all weapons under Weaponry
    * Weapon skill bonuses are now weapon-specific as opposed to providing blanket bonuses across Light, Sidearm and Heavy categories
    * Dropsuit Command skills first unlock basic non-role frames before unlocking role-specific skills
    * Module skills improve the efficacy of modules used

Dropsuits
    * New dropsuit roles and race/role-specific bonuses added:
    * Minmatar Scout
    * Scout Suit Bonus: 5% reduction to scan profile per level
    * Minmatar Scout Bonus: +5% to melee and nova knife damage per level
    * Gallente Scout
    * Scout Suit Bonus: 5% reduction to scan profile per level
    * Gallente Scout Bonus: +10% to dropsuit scan radius per level
    * Amarr Assault
    * Assault Suit Bonus: +5% to dropsuit shield recharge rate per level
    * Amarr Assault Bonus: 5% reduction to laser weaponry heat build-up per level
    * Amarr Logistics
    * Logistics Suit Bonus: +1 HP to dropsuit armor repair rate per level
    * Amarr Logistics Bonus: +5% to efficacy of armor repairer modules per level
    * Minmatar Assault
    * Minmatar Assault Bonus: +5% to sidearm weaponry clip size per level
    * Minmatar Logistics
    * Minmatar Logistics Bonus: +5% to hacking speed per level
    * Gallente Assault
    * Gallente Assault Bonus: 5% reduction to hybrid weaponry PG/CPU usage per level
    * Gallente Logistics
    * Gallente Logistics Bonus: 5% reduction to equipment PG/CPU usage per level
    * Caldari Assault
    * Caldari Assault Bonus: +2% to hybrid weapon reload speed
    * Caldari Logistics
    * Caldari Logistics Bonus: +5% to efficacy of shield extender modules per level
    * Amarr Sentinel
    * Sentinel Suit Bonus: 5% reduction to weapon feedback damage per level
    * Amarr Sentinel Bonus: +2% to heavy weapon reload speed
    * Added effect and audio triggers for shield loss and recharge
    * Reduced base passive scan radius for all dropsuits

Weapons
    * Weapon tiers streamlined so that more side grades are unlocked in the advanced tier and more exotic variants in the prototype tier
    * Reduced damage and max range of the HMG
    * Moved Charge Sniper Rifle into the prototype tier
    * Improved damage on Tactical Assault Rifle variants
    * Modified nova knife to do charge-based damage (allowing instant attacks).
    * Increased FOV for the laser rifle in ADS so that it has less “zoom”
    * New laser rifle iron sights
    * New Gallente assault rifle iron sights
    * New Gallente assault rifle ACOG scope
    * New Gallente shotgun ADS
    * Added new weapon animation system for Move controller
    * Added new charging HUD element integrated with ammo UI
    * Added support for multi-fire weapons i.e. regular and charge based firing on a single weapon type
    * Added support for transitional into scope animations and added animations for all weapons
    * Added heat glow on a variety of weapons such as the assault rifle and nova knives
    * New jumping animations when in scope
    * Updated reload animations
    * Updated all melee animations
    * Updated 3P animation to support sprint strafing
    * New sprint animations for all pistols
    * New overheat animations for HMG and Laser Rifle
    * Updated laser rifle reload
    * Updated recoil for Gallente shotgun

Controls
    * Completely retuned controller sensitivity settings in the options menu to give a broader range
    * Retuned handheld weapon control sensitivity default settings
    * Retuned large and small turret control sensitivity
    * Enabled aiming friction for small turrets to improve fine aiming
    * Retuned all aim assist systems for handheld weapons to improve aiming
    * Added melee aim assist system
    * Enabled the ability to strafe whilst sprinting
    * Added new infantry control schemes
    * Added multi-function buttons
    * Changed entry/exit logic of vehicle control schemes so that the exit vehicle button corresponds with the on-foot interact/enter vehicle button
    * Fully detailed tooltips for all vehicles and selected infantry weaponry
    * Mouse and keyboard tooltips in menus and in game (can be toggled through the options menu under the keyboard and mouse tab)
    * Improvements to mouse and keyboard mappings
    * New control schemes:
    * Infantry:
    * Duty Calls
    * Battleground
    * Praetorian
    * Southpaw (of Default)
    * Legacy
    * Legacy Southpaw
    * Tracked Vehicles:
    * Southpaw
    * Aerial Vehicles:
    * Southpaw

Equipment
    * New equipment added:
    * Active Scanner
    * Increased throw speed, activation time and number of remote explosives that can be carried at once
    * Reduced nanite storage capacity and recharge rate of militia nanohives, and moved more powerful variants into advanced and prototype tiers to encourage skilling into higher tiers.
    * Added range indication for fallen teams mates when using nanite injector
    * Added the ability to use the nanite injector even when you do not have it selected
    * Added new cortex display

EVE Universe
    * Added player location to the HUD in the MQ and WR
    * Added EVE standard time readout to neocom
    * Added in-match tags for EVE ships in orbit

Vehicles
    * Added new vehicle roles:
    * Gallente Enforcer HAV
    * Caldari Enforcer HAV
    * Gallente Scout LAV
    * Caldari Scout LAV
    * Gallente Assault Dropship
    * Caldari Assault Dropship
    * Added new vehicle skills to correspond with the new vehicle roles
    * Caldari/Gallente Logistics dropship skill gives bonuses to cpu usage on all shield/armor modules
    * Migrated promotional vehicles into the current release
    * Added front-firing turret on Assault Dropship
    * Vehicle skill-revamp. Skill requirements, and number of requirements has changed
    * New vehicle-specific scanning skills
    * Reduced collision damage to dropships
    * Tweaks to make standard and logistics dropships to feel heavier
    * Improvements to feeling of vehicle weight
    * Marauder HAVs are temporarily removed for rework
    * Added wind effect when vehicles are traveling quickly
    * Added camera shake when heavy vehicles drive by
    * All Dropships will now trigger emergency crew bay light when entering a crash
    * Added the ability to recall vehicles so that you do not lose them if you want to abandon them
    * Retuned and improved vehicle upright constraints
    * New LAV physics model
    * New Dropship camera
    * Tuned LAV jump cam
    * Lowered LAV rumble on bumps
    * Added physics to “push” players off moving vehicles

Modules
    * Nanofibre modules are removed
    * Added new remote module camera on vehicles

Turrets
    * Reduced dispersion on Large Missiles
    * Increased speed on Railgun and Missile projectiles
    * Increased splash damage on Small Missile Turrets

Installations
    * Attached new small installation bases
    * Fix to CRU – should now take the same level of damage as other installation components

Adjustments to ISK prices
    * Lowered prices on standard and advanced items in all categories while keeping the price level of prototype items mostly intact
    * Simplified the pricing on dropsuits – there’s now just one price category (i.e. heavy dropsuits now cost the same as assault dropsuits of the same meta level)
    * Simplified the pricing of weapons – they now have two price categories, primary weapons and sidearms (i.e. heavy machine guns will now cost the same as assault rifles, and nova knives the same as scrambler pistols of the same meta level)
    * Reduced the price of Dropships in half (approximately)
    * Changed the base price points on vehicle modules and turrets – vehicle modules will be less costly than before, while vehicle turrets will be more expensive
    * Changed the base price points on equipment – equipment will now be less expensive overall

Improvements to the Augmentations page
    * Boosters of different multipliers can now be queued, with newest additions going to the front of the queue
    * Made improvements to what information is available and how it is displayed

Maps/Environments
    * Greatly improved terrain shaders and rendering, including vegetation.
    * Complete rework of existing terrains.
    * All battlegrounds now contain all game modes.
    * Improved Ambush OMS game mode
    * Gameplay tuned for 32-48 players.
    * Art Polish of architecture and structures
    * New moods providing variation in time of day and tone on different planets

Audio
    * New music
    * New weapon sounds
    * New LAV sounds
    * Moment-to-moment audio improvements on the following:
    * Explosions
    * Grenade bounce
    * Hit success feedback

UI
    * Improved Loading Screens

Visual effects
    * Add god ray effects
    * Add dynamic tone mapping
    * Add cloud shadow effect
    * Add lens dirt effect.

Performance
    * Optimize client GPU performance
    * Optimize texture streaming speed
    * Increase display resolution.

Factional Warfare
    * Battles relating to Factional Warfare are no longer considered corporation battles. The battles can be found under the Mercenary tab of the Battle Finder and are now auto generated based on activity within EVE
    * Factional Warfare battles allows you to select which side you want to fight on

Starmap
    * A new starmap has been added and can be found in the Neocom under Battles
    * The starmap has three view settings:
    * Atlas view which shows sovereignty information from all over New Eden
    * Factional Warfare displays the ownership of planetary districts for each of the 4 major factions. From there you can join battles and see their results affect the outcome for each faction
    * Corporation tab that will show information about your corporation’s conquest of planets within New Eden

CCP Eterne
    C C P
    C C P Alliance
    #2Posted: 2013.05.03 18:30
    Other
    * You can now see your connection quality to battles in the Mercenary can Corporation tab of the Battle Finder. The bar shows your connection quality (more bars means higher quality)
    * You can now send and receive mail to both your alliance and corporation
    * As a DUST player with roles in a corporation you will now receive notifications based on that role. This includes all EVE and DUST notifications such as POS fuel and district attacks
    * The wallet has been updated to show the journal log for both your personal wallet and corporation wallet
    * Brackets for ships in space connected to a district are now visible. This is limited to a specific quantity of ships and will always try and show ships from both sides
    * The size of squads has been increased to 6
    * UVT (Universal Voice Translators) are no longer available on the market and you will be able to use the in-game voice system without UVT

Launch Release Notes (5/14):

Weapons
    * New weapons added:
    * Scrambler Rifle
    * Plasma Cannon
    * Flaylock Pistol

Planetary Conquest
    * Planetary Conquest has been added to the Molden Heath region
    * Corporations within DUST are able to conquer planets, collect clones, and battle for control of more districts

Maps/Environments
    * Two new battlegrounds.

Game Modes
    * Added Domination game mode

Sokpuppet on
  • trevelliantrevellian Registered User regular

Anyone had a go with a mouse/keyboard setup on Dust?

McGough_EA.png
    Not recently.
    It was bad last I tried. Baaad.

• ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    I use mouse and keyboard and have no complaints; it plays a lot like any other PC FPS. My only criticism is that they have not implemented customizable layouts yet, although from the current interface it is apparent this is a planned feature.

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I now have a PS3 due to reasons.

Guess I'll fire this up later and see what's what.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
    Tonight would be a decidedly un-fun time to be a newb. There's a major overhaul and reset happening tomorrow, so everybody is on using up their rare officer weapons and the server-side lag is making the game almost unplayable.

Tomorrow, on the other hand, would be a good time to start.

Odd, I was getting almost no lag tonight. Running around blowing off faces in my standard gear.

Though I dont get why folks are burning through officer's, im pretty sure they arent removing those as part of the respec...

616610-1.png
    edited May 2013
    All items are getting refunded at their post-patch ISK/AUR cost. Which for officer weapons means you get nothing afaik.

Sokpuppet on
    Respec FAQ:
    Q: What will happen to my Officer items after the Respec?
    A: Existing officer items will be returned to your character’s inventory after the Respec.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=72152&find=unread

edited May 2013
    So, been putzing.
    Last build it was all about sharpshooter.
    This build it's all about kin cats. Nobody has enough effective range to engage cleanly, so you can basically just turn and walk out on any disadvantageous fight. Radar is no longer an issue because nobody has any worth mentioning.

I.E. Instead of dictating engagement range with Sharpshooter, you dictate it with Kinetic Catalyzers. Being able to strafe while sprinting is just icing.

Scrambler Pistols are suddenly monstrous.

Sokpuppet on