As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Francis Says Relax

19495969798100»

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    I wanna say my first titties movie was Starship Troopers
    lethal weapon 2

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Fire Truck wrote: »
    brotherhood of the wolf fucking rules I will fight you

It was the first movie I ever saw with naked boobs in it. How could I not love it?

I wrote a review of it for extra credit in my French class.

That movie came out when I was in college! Now I feel old.

I was like 15ish?

man how the hell is that your first movie with titties FT, goddamn bro

imdb is telling me I was 13 when it came out. I guess I must have seen cinematic bosoms previously, as I know I saw both starship troopers and titanic in theaters

huh

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    I wanna say my first titties movie was Starship Troopers

This might very well be mine, too. My parents would let us watch stuff like that, for the action sequences, but make us put our hands over our eyes when "bad stuff" was happening. And then, the shower scene. And I peeked.

That shower scene informed a LOT of my nascent fetishes

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    The concept of casual mixed-sex nudity blew my tiny mind.

• Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    brotherhood of the wolf fucking rules I will fight you

It was the first movie I ever saw with naked boobs in it. How could I not love it?

I wrote a review of it for extra credit in my French class.

That movie came out when I was in college! Now I feel old.

I was like 15ish?

man how the hell is that your first movie with titties FT, goddamn bro

imdb is telling me I was 13 when it came out. I guess I must have seen cinematic bosoms previously, as I know I saw both starship troopers and titanic in theaters

huh

Also we watched The Shining at my 10th birthday party.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    my first cinematic naked breasts was The Last Emperor

that was a weird movie to watch at that age

• Options
    Edith UpwardsEdith Upwards Registered User regular
    John Wick wrote:
    (Once Again) Roger Ebert Can (tentatively) Suck My Cock

I say "tentative" because I may be making an unfair assumption. However, in his review of "Role Models," he says,

"Danny gets Augie (Christopher Mintz-Plasse), whose life is entirely absorbed in a medieval fantasy game where bizarrely costumed "armies" do battle in parks with fake swords. There are mostly younger teenagers and lonely men with mountain-man beards. Sort of a combination of Dungeons and Dragons and pederasty."

Ahem.

Mr. Ebert, while I am a LARPer, I am not a pederast. Nor are my friends who participate in "boffer LARPs."

Now, to be fair, the movie may portray LARPers as pederasts and he’s only responding to the movie’s portrayal of the environment presented. I am going to assume this is the case until I am proven otherwise.

However, coupling this with his claim that games cannot be art, his complete and utter failure to understand satire, and his giving Disney’s Hunchback of Notre Dame the same number or more stars than Glenngary Glen Ross, Ran or The Usual Suspects (of which, he only gave 1 and 1/2 star), I now submit to you, humble reader, this question…

If this is the most trusted movie critic in America, then what the fuck do you have to do to be untrustworthy?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    why

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I honestly can't recall exactly which movie I first saw boobs in was. Earliest ones I recall were Harley Davidson &the Marlboro Man and that one where Madonna seduces her lawyer.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    To be fair, Hunchback is an amazing movie. My favorite animated Disney film, in fact.

• Options
    I mean, we know there are terrible people on the internet, we could find them ourselves if we wanted to go looking

• Options
    I honestly can't recall exactly which movie I first saw boobs in was. Earliest ones I recall were Harley Davidson &the Marlboro Man

what an awful fucking movie that was, and yet somehow the teenaged me sat enthralled

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I mean, we know there are terrible people on the internet, we could find them ourselves if we wanted to go looking

you don't even have to go out, I'm right here

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    John Wick wrote:
    Every once in a while, however, you get that dark loner. You know the guy. He's a bad man but he's very good at what he does and what he does isn't very pretty. That guy. When he joins a party of bounty hunters, he always kills the target rather than capturing him because "The Weed of Evil Bears Bitter Fruit." Despite the fact the party is trying to act as a unit, he always acts on his own, living by his own rules, by his own code of ethics. And when you confront the player about the problem, he just shrugs and says, "That's the way my character is," or worse, he gets offended and starts spouting the time-honored favorite: "Don't make me compromise my character concept!"

Now the key to preventing this guy from ruining your campaign is. . . don't let him make that kind of character! Unfortunately, players are sneaky. They'll make characters that look friendly and willing to Play Well With Others, but when the crunch is on, they sneak into the shadows, steal all the loot and tell the others that they have no clue what happened to the booty they were after.

Well, this guy doesn't last long in my games because I invoke a little thing we like to call "consequences." Here's how it works.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, right? That means the next time the Merciless Killer Without a Heart goes and whacks the NPC the party is supposed to capture (for ransom, for the law to deal with, whatever), you give him some time, then spring The Law on him.

The Law shows up at 3:45 AM (the time All Bad Things happen in my games) with stun guns, tear gas, tasers and all other kinds of nasty wickedness. They capture the entire party and throw them all in jail for interrogation regarding the illegal murder of The Guy We Were Supposed to Take Alive. Then, spend the rest of the evening interrogating the party. Each one, by himself, under a sunlamp. Go out and get one at Wal-Mart; they usually cost under ten bucks. Use the same tactics cops use when they interrogate prisoners. Tell them that their friends have ratted them out. Tell them that they're going to spend a real long time in prison. Then, when they think they've beaten the rap, reveal to them that the guy they were chasing was an undercover cop. Now, they're facing Murder 1 charges, which means life in prison (or the death penalty, depending where they're at).

Sooner or later, one of them will give up The Killer Without a Cause. Either that, or evidence shows up that gives the cops a solid case against him.

Then, we have the trial. A lot of game sessions can go toward a trial. Or, if you prefer, you can do it the short way: go right to the verdict. Of course, Mr. Don't Make Me Compromise My Character is found guilty as charged and gets sent to prison.

For life.

Now, I don't know about you, but I have a rule in my games: you don't get to make another character until the one you're playing dies. That means, Bob gets to play his perfect combat machine in an 8x8 cell for the rest of his natural life.

"What are you doing this round, Bob?"

"I'm watching the cockroach crawl across my cell."

For life.

If he asks really nice (and agrees not make that kind of character again), I'll let him make a new character. Of course, a few years later, Mr. Bad Ass breaks out of prison and goes after the party for revenge.

As an NPC.

Played by Robert DeNiro.

Edith Upwards on
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    The first movie I distinctly remember seeing nudity in was Under Siege, but when I was younger, my dad was always taking me with him to see indie and foreign films where I had no clue what was going on, so I'm sure I saw plenty without really being cognizant.

When my mom was like 7 months pregnant with me, my dad took her to see an Eraserhead screening at their college.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    The first movie I distinctly remember seeing nudity in was Under Siege, but when I was younger, my dad was always taking me with him to see indie and foreign films where I had no clue what was going on, so I'm sure I saw plenty without really being cognizant.

When my mom was like 7 months pregnant with me, my dad took her to see an Eraserhead screening at their college.

i can think of no better date movie than goddamn Eraserhead

• Options
    So what you're saying is that you were an early child.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Unfortunately this article came too late for William S. Burroughs

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Hooray the last page:

884908_10151492551861023_1806919537_o.jpg
    German communist faces a firing squad in the wake of the defeat of the German revolution in 1918 - in Munich, Bayern.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Let me tell you a story. The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking sound bites to support it. "Wouldn't you say," she asked, "that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?" No, I said, I wouldn't say that. "But what about 'Basketball Diaries'?" she asked. "Doesn't that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machine gun?" The obscure 1995 Leonardo Di Caprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office (it grossed only $2.5 million), and it's unlikely the Columbine killers saw it.

The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory. "Events like this," I said, "if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids around the country: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. The kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn't have messed with me. I'll go out in a blaze of glory."

In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of "explaining" them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.

• Options
    Pharezon wrote: »
    Hooray the last page:

German communist faces a firing squad in the wake of the defeat of the German revolution in 1918 - in Munich, Bayern.

look how much of a fucking boss this dude is. look at him, stalwart and defiant. a true comrade.

• Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    Hooray the last page:
    German hipster faces a firing squad in the wake of the defeat of the German revolution in 1918 - in Munich, Bayern.

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    Roger Ebert said that no good movie is depressing. I don't know if I agree with that but I love Eraserhead so much that after I'm done watching it I definitely feel better about life and not worse, even though the movie is a cavalcade of horrors.

Still I probably wouldn't take someone who is about to have a baby to see it.

• Options
    Hooray the last page:
    German hipster faces a firing squad in the wake of the defeat of the German revolution in 1918 - in Munich, Bayern.

well, he is doing the cross-armed indifferent picture pose before anyone else did...

• Options
    SkylarkSkylark o7 Vile Rat o7 o7 Photon Torpedo o7Registered User regular
    Felt good to have this thread. Sadly, this is the last page.
    CbIoqmI.jpg

This discussion has been closed.