As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

mini-[Phalla] Noir - MAFIA Victory!

• Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    All of our information is still from yesterday. In theory, we should need to wait for tonight to get information on who was at the wharf last night.

Incidentally: for day 1, did we recieve 1 evidence token from each location? Or some other arrangement?

I think Mikey posted that above...
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Evidence Tokens generated:

City Hall: 1 evidence token
    DA's Office: 0 evidence tokens
    Police Precinct: 1 evidence token
    Red Light District: 1 evidence token
    Rick's Speakeasy: 2 evidence tokens
    The Wharf: 0 evidence tokens

Evidence tokens spent last night: 3

Total evidence pool: 8

So it looks like there were some areas we didn't generate any evidence.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I was in the DA's office

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    I don't know where I was yet, I should probably look into that

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    All of our information is still from yesterday. In theory, we should need to wait for tonight to get information on who was at the wharf last night.

What on earth are you talking about? People were supposed to post where they were yesterday after vote close. Movement happens way at the end. Tokens were not generated on Day 0, we just started with 6 with no detail report on where they came from. Therefore, the generated tokens would logically have to have been the result of peoples' locations before last night's movement. Which means the locations people reported last night (i.e. where they were, rather than where they went) would correlate to the evidence tokens gained post-narration above.

What you just said makes no sense. Go have some coffee, eggs, and bacon for that hangover, man. Your brain's scrambled. If you're feeling brave, whip up a michelada. Great hangover cure, but not for the faint of heart.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    the current problem I see with discerning mafia from the evidence tokens produced is that there doesn't seem (to me) to be any impetus for the mafia to not lie. Usually it can be eventually deduced who is lying through map mechanics or logic puzzles, but since anyone can move anywhere, and since the mafia would (presumably) know where their members were and therefore where evidence markers were likely to turn up, there's no reason for them to not just all say they were places with 0 tokens.

there obviously could be village specials who can see who is in a location, but we can't publicly really do anything about that. That just leaves the vote count at the moment.

With Mill winning the vote, I'm pretty sure that like 5 people would have died had I not voted yesterday, we need to see who the late voters were, who didn't push anyone over the edge, and who created more ties. (I think I might have actually done this with Gizzy, whoops)

I'm going to the zoo today, so I'll leave that up to you guys.

Langly on
  • Options
    It is possible my vote for mill messed things up, but I'm pretty sure that was early enough to not be an issue with this "who tried to kill everyone rawr!?" situation

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    All your vote for mill did was put him in a tie contention for first, and I just jumped on him because I needed to jump on someone.

the problem with this is all the votes trickled in, and no one was counting, so it just seems like no one noticed all these people with two votes.

so you didn't mess things up, we just messed things up in general.

Langly on
  • Options
    InvictusInvictus Registered User regular
    Wow. I walk away from my computer for one day, and you guys screw everything up. :)

Generalísimo de Fuerzas Armadas de la República Argentina
  • Options
    am0nam0n Registered User regular
    Invictus wrote: »
    Wow. I walk away from my computer for one day, and you guys screw everything up. :)

Then stick around! We need some...

...order around here," I said to the Captain. "Three deaths in one night just doesn't seem like things are in our favor." We needed to be cool and calm and think about this rationally before things get too far out of hand.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So Zonugal is going to be busy for the entire day getting ready & hosting a house-warming party. So he's going to post a bunch now and vote for some one based purely off gut instinct.

Because Zonugal has a whole box of PBR & Fruity Red Sangria to be consumed for 10 hours.

Zonugal is going to get hobo-drunk.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    My gut swings side-to-side, who could be the rat? Do I even have a piece of cheese big enough for the rodents that eat at the heart of this city?

OminousLozenge has a shady past and on more than one occasion has thrown me under the bus (including the time he literally threw me under a bus), but I think he's a good guy in this case. Maybe not a nice guy, but a good guy.

But that Langly? Death follows that man like bard follows the Nordic wind.

Langly

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    What did we screw up, Invictus?

• Options
    edited April 2013
    blahmcblah wrote: »
    What did we screw up, Invictus?

Somebody killed the protagonist, who at least revealed to me in PM, and his story was totally believable.

Invictus on
  • Options
    Well that makes you look entirely innocent! *cough*

Steam profile
  • Options
    Mikey CTSMikey CTS Registered User regular
    edited April 2013

Incidentally: for day 1, did we recieve 1 evidence token from each location? Or some other arrangement?

For day one the village received six tokens, just enough to fuel all their powers, and not based on mafia location. Tokens generated last night followed the standard rules set in the OP.

Mikey CTS on
    // PSN: wyrd_warrior // MHW Name: Josei //
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    Well that makes you look entirely innocent! *cough*

he claimed to be a survival neutral and said he was spreading it around; I assume the captain is the vig, and the captain didn't believe his story. But it's a weird person to vig day 1.

• Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    !kime

• Options
    MicroMicro Registered User regular
    Gonna be fairly quiet today as I'm at my mum's house and only have web access with my phone

• Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Internet down here in Pantsville. Posting from phone right now. Don't have the time to look back at yesterdays voting patttern but hope someone can as it should be very interesting.

Beback after i fix the net.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    He was out of liquor, which meant he didn't have any of the currency the wharf's vagrants and down-and-outs used. It was time to move on for the moment. He grabbed a spare paper blowing in the wind and read the headlines. He groaned at the front-page: "Gumshoe stuck!" and thought to himself that he'd better lie low. The cops had turned on their own, and that meant trouble was brewing.

Invictus not defending the PI does seem odd.

• Options
    Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    That presupposes that Invictus had the means to protect ZH, and that he could have predicted a Day 1 neutral witch hunt.

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Mikey CTS wrote: »
    Seriously? The very first night of the game you guys kill your own goddamn narrator? Well, this phalla just got super boring real quick.
    That's the phalla curse. If someone is important to the narration/game, they will die on day one.

• Options
    Yeah, no Max Payne RP from me today, phone posting so too much effort

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Since I'm working on the last 30 minutes of my game, which means in 5 minutes everyone will shift their votes and make me rewritten my narrations. :( can someone give me some cliff notes on what's going on? My mafia buddies won't tell me...

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    I ran into a buddy. He'd crawled so far into the bottle that he had no idea what had been going on...

We lost the PI who was controlling narration, the serial killer, and a cop on night 1. No bandwagon has really formed voting-wise. It is suspected that evidence tokens got denied somehow last night.

• Options
    We were just getting ready to vote you out GG

• Options
    You are all so goddamn mafia I can't decide who should die first

• Options
    Zonugal

• Options
    Invictus for now. I don't think Slym is a good vote and I dont' feel like setting up another 3 way tie at 2 votes with only a couple hours till vote close.

Do we have a lot of inactives today? Seems like.

• Options
    Tokens? *Huc* Whadda talkin' about, bud? *Huc* This city is like a woman. She loves, cares for you, then BAM! she throws you into the gutters, which nothing but a bottle. I love this city. But she doesn't love me...

• Options
    OminousLozengeOminousLozenge Registered User regular
    Weekends are hard on phallas.

(heh, phrasing)

Invictus for daring to leave us to our own devices last night.

Sometimes I have ideas for things.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Zonugal

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Stupid busy today. ObiFett for now.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Was voting SLyM because he's stated that he's essentially abstaining from the game. Boo to that.

• Options
    Well, this is odd. I admit I did not defend ZH as thoroughly yesterday as I could've, but, hey, if I am interpreting the narration correctly, he got vigged, not voted; I didn't know I had to defend him.

But in any case I wasn't around last night; you can tell because I took a day of inactivus. At least OL seems to acknowledge /this/.

• Options
    3 SLyM: SLyM, jdarksun, auralynx
    3 Invictus: blahmcblah, JPants, OminousLozenge
    2 Zonugal: premium, Obifett
    1 Langly: Zonugal
    1 kime: micro
    1 Grunt's Ghosts: The Anonymous
    1 Obifett: The Road Virus

• Options
    zonugal

• Options
    I haven't seen Egos posting much. Then again, I have no idea what's up at the moment.

• Options
    Auralynx wrote: »
    He was out of liquor, which meant he didn't have any of the currency the wharf's vagrants and down-and-outs used. It was time to move on for the moment. He grabbed a spare paper blowing in the wind and read the headlines. He groaned at the front-page: "Gumshoe stuck!" and thought to himself that he'd better lie low. The cops had turned on their own, and that meant trouble was brewing.

Invictus not defending the PI does seem odd.

Your count should be 4 Invictus 2 SLyM.

• Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Misleading vote count?

That's a paddlin'

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph