As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FF] The Heroes formerly known as the Fantastic Four

12346»

• Options
    DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    I have always been a FF fan. I am not of fan of all the Marvel comics restarting over.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    why? if it gets more people reading them, what's the harm?

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    they are also not actually starting over. It's just a renumbering which has already happened many times in the past and will happen again in the future.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    renumber until you hit a x50 or x00 issue, then go big number. after renumber again.

rinse

repeat

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Getting miffed about renumbering is the silliest thing

All it changes is what number is on the front cover

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    yeah I mean who gives a shit, really

• Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    potentially new readers

though to be honest i think the whole 'new readers are intimidated by a large number!' is 90% bullshit.

i'd argue they aren't getting new readers because they haven't been able to really penetrate the 12 and younger crowd. I mean, they got those kids down tight on merch and shows. But most of them don't read the comics or know where to even get the comics.

rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I think they'd benefit greatly from a webcomic type teaser of sorts, cause kids are reading comics galore nowadays, just they get hooked on the webcomic first.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    DoctorstrongbadDoctorstrongbad Registered User regular
    I can understand why they did it, but I am not a fan.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Oh, and since that page offers absolutely no details on what's in the book, it'll be Fantastic Four #570-588 and FF #1-5. Volume 2 will include both F4 and FF, intertwined.

edited for volume 1 mistake

AtomicTofu on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Sweet. Was hoping they'd do this

• Options
    AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Okay so I'm catching up on Hickman's FF and I'm completely in love with the Moloid kids. I want to read their origin and anything featuring them up to FF volume one. What do I get?

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    You're talking about pre-Marvel Now FF, yes? I believe the moloids are introduced in Fantastic Four #575. I'm not sure what other issues feature the moloids, but all that precedes FF vol. 1 in Hickman's run is Fantastic Four #570-588.

• Options
    AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Yeah that's what I was after thanks!
    will it please the Ben?

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    You can't really read Hickman's FF stuff without reading his Fantastic Four proper too, it's all one big story.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]