As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Post Pax Party @ The Geddes Lounge! <333 Thanks for coming!!!

• Options
    thegh0ststhegh0sts Sydney, NSWRegistered User regular
    i can hardly contain my excitement :D

Next PAX: PAX AUS 2017
    Previous PAXs: PAX Prime 2011, PAX AUS 2013
  • Options
    XeionXeion Registered User new member
    What's the status on tickets? Trying to pull together funds for accommodation (I know I'm running out of time) and don't want to miss this!

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    @Xeion, You still have time :)

But I do get the feeling that a lot of people had the same thought.

• Options
    XeionXeion Registered User new member
    If I buy the tickets first, there's always the options to sleep under the stars :P

• Options
    DanacyrusDanacyrus Gaming Coffee Making Musician BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    You'll be fine to go for accommodation, there's plenty of time for tickets :)

• Options
    Just a note,

If you are from Melbourne and do have a console that you're willing to part with for the duration of the party let me know! I don't have enough unfortunatley and bringing my collection down could be potentially problematic given the baggage handlers at airports these days :P

So let me know, and I might be able to sort something out for you in return :P

Send me an email on NysyrGames@gmail.com if you can help out!!

• Options
    what about card/dice games (like zombie dice or munchkin) as a suggestion?

• Options
    Of course, basically anything like that, you can bring with you to play, there's plenty of space for that!

• Options
    edited April 2013
    cool, just checking :D

EDIT: just noticed you can't agree and think a post is awesome: it's one or the other. hmmm...

thegh0sts on
  • Options
    Make sure to share links to this thread to all your friends! More people the better!!

• Options
    i've spread the word to other forums like OCAU.com.au and there people interested in it.

man, this month feels like such a drag....i wish it would go faster and let May arrive already!

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    thegh0sts wrote: »
    man, this month feels like such a drag....i wish it would go faster and let May arrive already!

Whats in May?

• Options
    nothing, just want it to be May already and be that much closer to PAX AUS.

• Options
    PostMirabilisPostMirabilis Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I saw this thread & got a ticket. This will be a brilliant way to wind up my first-ever PAX! Deepest thanks to Danacyrus for organizing, it looks like a lot of effort you've already put in.

• Options
    Looking forward to seeing you there :D

• Options
    only mid april and i want to go!

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Signed up!

I'm taking a friend with me... he's rather short and unimposing.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    As in underage, or just short? O.o

• Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Signed up!

I'm taking a friend with me... he's rather short and unimposing.

I'm meeting all my friends there - Jack, Johnnie, Johnnie's German cousin, Jagermeister, the mexican exchange student they have living with them Jose Cuervo. and a few others :D

• Options
    they're short and stout but not under aged :)

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Shorter than an eagle!

Spoilered for size
    420779_10151484185909569_954093382_n.jpg

Technically born on 1985... so he should be of age... then again I don't know what "of age" is in upside-down land.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    18. They do allow under 18's in the venue but the conditions are a bit steep ><

• Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Shorter than an eagle!

Spoilered for size
    420779_10151484185909569_954093382_n.jpg

Technically born on 1985... so he should be of age... then again I don't know what "of age" is in upside-down land.

so by our laws you can drink :D

so drink away cos it's the only time you can LOL

• Options
    PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    If you can force feed a Goomba alcohol, I want to see it. Scary to think he's 28 years old now :\

• Options
    GutterkisserGutterkisser Registered User regular
    Apparently I've had a half-completed response to this thread sitting in the chamber for months. Some nonsense about craft/imported beers that no one needed to hear. (Leffe Brun is still king though!)

The part that matters is I bought a ticket ages ago, party looks great. As an added bonus, it's a mere drunken stumble away from Riverside where I'm likely staying. Though knowing my luck there'll be a post-post party on the other side of town...

• Options
    edited April 2013
    i think it's gonna be a bit of trek for me from my hotel over in therry st.

EDIT: WOW! it's a 30min walk :p

thegh0sts on
  • Options
    I have such a poor sense of Melbourne's scale, I thought the Showgrounds were just a casual stroll from the CBD.

• Options
    google maps say not the case unfortunately which means tram rides :D

• Options
    That's the shameful part, I was looking at Google Maps for reference. Something got seriously lost in translation, but then I've never had good distance comprehension.

Tram rides sound location appropriate, anyway.

• Options
    don't wanna go all titanic on the tram though :p

• Options
    Trams stop at midnite tho..so yeh its cab or a drunken stumble for a couple of hours :P

• Options
    lanib2lanib2 Registered User new member
    Brought my ticket! And I have accommodation booked at Riverside so am all set!

• Options
    Woo! Good to see more tickets selling!

Make sure to tell your friends guys - the more the merrier and don't forget we have awesome live music now!

• Options
    zerochosenzerochosen WollongongRegistered User regular
    Could always Facebook event this to raise awareness... maybe some people who missed out on PAX would like to show up?

A webcomic by me: Enemy Agency
    http://www.enemy-agency.com
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I believe there is a fb event for it already?

• Options
    PsykarPsykar Programmer Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Psykar on
  • Options
    There is a facebook event. - I have only posted on the PAX page once though - I will do that slightly more in the coming weeks.

• Options
    oh yeah, still uber pumped to meet you all!

• Options
    gaming_goddessgaming_goddess Cosplay Geek BrisbaneRegistered User regular
    Just a quick question is there any kind of dress code? And would cosplay be allowed?

I like the rule of if people are still drinking we'll stay open - I can see this going on till 1am :D

• Options
    I'll double check with the venue about dress code - but I see no problem with it from my side :)

This discussion has been closed.