As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NYC/NJ] hangout thread: so, what are you doing this weekend?

19495969798100»

• Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    AnarCHris wrote: »
    riz wrote: »
    That's one band I'd love to see live but never get the chance to. I wish they'd play in the actual city. I refuse to go to a stadium an hour away by myself on a weeknight but that's always the deal. Grr.

Their first show back in the States was at MSG late 2010 (on a Saturday night). So um, oops?
    I ended up selling my ticket to a friend for the MSG show, but was rewarded by being able to see them 6 months later in NJ on a Thursday night (which was dope), and said concert last year in Long Island, also on a Saturday night. Good stuff all around.

@elleecstatic The only bad I regret paying to see live was "Nightwish" when they wee touring with their new lead singer back in...2007, 2008? 2 whack openers, and they weren't too hot live, especially with said singer forgetting lyrics :/

Yeah, that's actually a major regret of my life. :P I found out about them after that first Family Values tour from friends who went, and then they played a couple smaller shows in the area, but the Jersey one was being attended by my recently-ex and I couldn't get anyone to drive to Philly with me. And apparently that was the last time they'll ever play small venues here. SIGH. No flamethrower angel wings for me.

Do you go to other metal shows? I'm intrigued now because no one in this thread seems to except me, heh.

• Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    That's one band I'd love to see live but never get the chance to. I wish they'd play in the actual city. I refuse to go to a stadium an hour away by myself on a weeknight but that's always the deal. Grr.

Their first show back in the States was at MSG late 2010 (on a Saturday night). So um, oops?
    I ended up selling my ticket to a friend for the MSG show, but was rewarded by being able to see them 6 months later in NJ on a Thursday night (which was dope), and said concert last year in Long Island, also on a Saturday night. Good stuff all around.

@elleecstatic The only bad I regret paying to see live was "Nightwish" when they wee touring with their new lead singer back in...2007, 2008? 2 whack openers, and they weren't too hot live, especially with said singer forgetting lyrics :/

Yeah, that's actually a major regret of my life. :P I found out about them after that first Family Values tour from friends who went, and then they played a couple smaller shows in the area, but the Jersey one was being attended by my recently-ex and I couldn't get anyone to drive to Philly with me. And apparently that was the last time they'll ever play small venues here. SIGH. No flamethrower angel wings for me.

Do you go to other metal shows? I'm intrigued now because no one in this thread seems to except me, heh.

fwiw, I would but it never comes up! ;)

I like metal but I don't usually seek it out. I went to a show one of my friends set up at Santos Party House last year and forgot how much I missed live metal.

• Options
    Aha! I'm not cool enough to see anything really underground but mostly the bands that come to Gramercy, Webster Hall, etc., rather than MSG or Hammerstein. Paganfest (bunch of folk metal bands) is here on April 21 and it's going to be SO GOOD.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    Fact: Only good metal is Red Fang.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    AnarCHrisAnarCHris Trash Lord New York CityRegistered User regular

They had visa issues from 2001-2010. I was SUPPOSED to see them and System of a Down a million years ago, but 9/11 literally put an end to that. Brightside, it doesnt seem to be an issue.

I did see System in....2002 I wanna say. Maybe 2003. Can't remember the exact year, but easily one of the top 5 bands I've seen live.

I haven't down a non-Rammstein metal live show in years, but I'd down for one depending on the venue/date/act. I've yet to see Avenged, Nonpoint, Maiden, Priest, Killswitch and several other acts live, so I can be convinced to go.

• Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    I've never been to a concert. I should go one of these days.

• Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    You can go with @Hakkekage, @bebarce.

dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    tapeslingertapeslinger Space Unicorn Slush Ranger Social Justice Rebel ScumRegistered User regular
    BEAST! hates everything
    all things

• Options
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    @bebarce, when the hell did you start posting? HANG OUT IN INWOOD WITH US.

• Options
    elleecstaticelleecstatic Registered User regular

They had visa issues from 2001-2010. I was SUPPOSED to see them and System of a Down a million years ago, but 9/11 literally put an end to that. Brightside, it doesnt seem to be an issue.

I did see System in....2002 I wanna say. Maybe 2003. Can't remember the exact year, but easily one of the top 5 bands I've seen live.

I haven't down a non-Rammstein metal live show in years, but I'd down for one depending on the venue/date/act. I've yet to see Avenged, Nonpoint, Maiden, Priest, Killswitch and several other acts live, so I can be convinced to go.

oh my god.im jelly. i never got a chance to see SOAD :|

Ive seen the rest of them except for Avenged, well. HALF of A7X. Jumped into the pit and ended up getting into a pretty bad fight with some tall dude and got sent to the hospital with 4 broken ribs and a fractured something. Cant remember.

Have you ever been to Ozzfest? ;o

• Options
    oh my god.im jelly. i never got a chance to see SOAD :|

Ive seen the rest of them except for Avenged, well. HALF of A7X. Jumped into the pit and ended up getting into a pretty bad fight with some tall dude and got sent to the hospital with 4 broken ribs and a fractured something. Cant remember.

Have you ever been to Ozzfest? ;o

Many years ago. The lineup was solid, except for Ozzy, who sucked on ice and forgot most of his lyrics/was drunk or high as shit.

• Options
    slickityrickslickityrick Registered User new member
    Ozzfest is sick but I have to say Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival is better
    I just found some tickets to it too
    http://www.concertmojo.com/Tour-Dates-27766-Rockstar-Energy-Mayhem-Festival

• Options
    Ozzfest is sick but I have to say Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival is better
    I just found some tickets to it too
    http://www.concertmojo.com/Tour-Dates-27766-Rockstar-Energy-Mayhem-Festival

5FDP is headlining?! NICE!

I did RSEMF back in....2008 I wanna say. Disturbed, Slipnot, Mastadon, and LOL DRAGONFORCE were the headliners. 36 Crazyfists and Walls of Jericho also put on some solid sets.

• Options
    I kinda really want to hit http://heavymtl.com/en/groupes/ but lolCanada.

• Options
    I kinda really want to hit http://heavymtl.com/en/groupes/ but lolCanada.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF, that is a dop roster. DAMMIT CANADA, WHY YOU EVEN GOT TO DO A THING?