As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Is pennyarcade.vanillaforums.com the same as forums.penny-arcade.com?

silence1186silence1186 Character shields down!As a wingmanRegistered User regular
My router has been on the fritz for some time, and after I power cycle it to re-establish my internet connection, I still can't connect to the forums. Instead I get ad-aware/yahoo page telling me I can't connect to these forums, despite my ability to connect to the rest of the internet.

However, in the course of some Googling, I discovered an alternate URL that seems to allow access, the above mentioned pennyarcade.vanillaforums.com. This is fine to use right?

Also, any ideas why forums.penny-arcade.com would die after a router power cycle?

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    It just redirects to forums.penny-arcade.com

YL9WnCY.png
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    It just redirects to forums.penny-arcade.com

So people aren't stealing stealing all my personal info? What a relief. Still curious why only vanillaforums.com works and forums.penny-arcade.com doesn't.

• FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2013
    It's strange though, the link to this thread and the date link under it point at that redirect domain while all the other forums point to the penny-arcade tld.

I'm guessing since you posted via that domain, the forum used it to create the link on the index.

edit: yeah, me replying just made it point at penny-arcade again.

FyreWulff on
  • agilemaniaagilemania Lyon EstatesRegistered User regular
    Can you configure your computer and/or router to use an alternate DNS server? Google's public DNS servers (8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4) are pretty good.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    They're actually two completely different forums, but weirdly a lot of people over at the vanillaforums forum have the same usernames and avatars as people here, and that forum tends to be pretty similar to ours. There are some differences though - the TychoCelchuuu on those forums is pretty clearly a massive silly goose.