As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

You think this letter on my head stands for [Awesome Moments]?! NSF56K

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    being guilty of breaking the law =/= moral failure

Wolverine visited Cyclops in prison and said that while Scott wasn't guilty of murder, he was guilty of letting things get too far along down the wrong road. Scott's policies invited trouble and that was his moral failing.

Unlike Wolverine, who is of course the height of moral success

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    wolverine comes from circumstances

2x39jD4.jpg
  • RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    You spelled "Canada" wrong.

• AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    What kills me about the Cyclops debate is how many super heroes have either been former villains, former criminals, or at one point been possessed by a villain/cosmic power/whatever and either directly killed or caused the death of one or more people because of this? So damn many and yet they all were forgiven pretty darn quick, if even considered guilty in the first place. Scott kills one guy who is attacking him as the Dark Phoenix (which he didn't want to have the Phoenix power in the first place, thanks Tony) and suddenly he is criminal/villain number one. I mean Jean destroyed an entire planet while holding the same power and no one (on earth) really batted an eye when pointing the finger of guilt.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Well that's because the Dark Phoenix that roasted the planet of the broccoli people wasn't Jean.

Cyclops right now is the best

eff the haters

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I think where Marvel has taken the character of Cyclops is pretty awesome.

If you'd told the average X-Men fan 20 years ago that this was going to be the status quo at some point, they just plain wouldn't have believed you.

the thing I like about the current status quo is that I completely understand why Cyclops is doing what he's doing, but I also understand why some people want him locked up. I don't think either side is completely right or wrong.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    If you had told Spider-Man fan from 20 years ago that Doctor Octopus would be joyriding Peter Parkers body, they'd probably just go "But he's not a clone, at least?"

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    When everyone is a clone, no one is.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Time for more Dr. Strange. I happen to agree with MightyGodKing's assessment that the quintessential Dr. Strange plot is "Will you condemn on man to save the world?" Just as Superman's is "You can't save everyone." Well, in the late 80s (big surprise) Strange had a lengthy arc where he got a bit nastier than usual. The overall arc isn't that great and indulges a little too heavily in 80s extremity, but the following moment was still quite the shocker.

Oh, also, Strange had a lime-green inter-dimensional minotaur for an apprentice at the time.

8rBnE9A.jpg

Fakefaux on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    It looks like the blast is tearing Strange's butt from his body

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    It looks like the blast is tearing Strange's butt from his body

The butt is where you keep your conscience.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    I assume it's a printing error. That whole strip down the middle is discolored and off.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I assume it's a printing error. That whole strip down the middle is discolored and off.
    Ithink it's supposed to be his tunic blowing back from the explosion. It's just all printed the same blue.

• MetalMagusMetalMagus Too Serious Registered User regular
    Butt or tunic, either way I think Strange works better when his personality is that of a stone cold bastard. Because really, when you're dealing with the likes of Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, Mephisto and all the rest - you need to be able to drop the hammer fast.

• FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Strange is a very compassionate man, but he's under extreme stress and always has to look at the big picture. It's been a running theme for him that he focuses on discipline and sets his emotions aside to get the job done, which has often been detrimental for his mental health. Still, even at his most empathetic he knows that sometimes you've got to kill a dude, and that innocents will suffer when the cosmic entities throw down.

At the same time, he also knows this is all an issue, and tries to find ways to relieve the stress and indulge himself between world-threatening crises:

Z6RfDx4.jpg

He could probably be doing better.

Fakefaux on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Doctor Strange, Heckler Supreme.

• cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    I seem to recall that Spider-man was a big heckler as well. He used to crawl into the stadium (free) and heckle the outfielders.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
    Fakefaux wrote: »
    At the same time, he also knows this is all an issue, and tries to find ways to relieve the stress and indulge himself between world-threatening crises.

Sex. Lots of sex.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    God, that Mark Waid/Emma Rios Strange series, was so fucking good.

WHY DIDN'T YOU ALL BUY IT

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Wow, that's Emma Rios? I thought it looked like something out of Udon.

It was alright

Season One was better though, by far

It was alright

I liked the Waid one far more than Season One. Still, both of them, along with Vaughn's The Oath, were clearly intended to be the launching off points for a new Dr. Strange series. None of them sold well enough to warrant it, however.

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Wow, that's Emma Rios? I thought it looked like something out of Udon.

Yeah, she had kind of a Skottie Young-like transformation, moving away from a really clean style, to something more gritty.

YADFWru.jpg

I think her new stuff is more visually interesting, but her work on Strange and Hexed is still pretty amazing.

edited April 2013
    At the same time, he also knows this is all an issue, and tries to find ways to relieve the stress and indulge himself between world-threatening crises.

Sex. Lots of sex.

Well, obviously. What woman could resist that mustache?

teOjhfR.jpg

Though I must say, I always thought it was in bad taste to make Wong do the cleanup.

Fakefaux on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    If only I had a Cloak of Levitation...

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    If only I had a Cloak of Levitation...
    That man-servant has probably had to clean some pretty unspeakable stains out of that cloak.

I think Pretty Deadly is going to be more like the style in Strange, but I'm not sure.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    prv13898_pg3.jpg

Let it not be said that the Sorcerer Supreme, guardian of our reality against extradimensional threats, does not know how to appreciate the simple things.

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Munch wrote: »
    God, that Mark Waid/Emma Rios Strange series, was so fucking good.

WHY DIDN'T YOU ALL BUY IT

because this is literally the first time I've known that it exists

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Wait, is that the Strange run where he plays magic baseball?

Because I have heard very good things about that run, but I didn't have enough money to buy it.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    it's right here, you goofballs: http://amzn.com/0785144250

This is the greatest injustice ever!

Yes, it's that story. Get it.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    It was alright

I liked the Waid one far more than Season One. Still, both of them, along with Vaughn's The Oath, were clearly intended to be the launching off points for a new Dr. Strange series. None of them sold well enough to warrant it, however.

The Oath was really good. I love me some Dr Strange

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    It was alright

The Oath was really good. I love me some Dr Strange

The Oath was awesome, I didn't like the first issue of Waid's series though. Strange has always been pretty good though (ignoring the Strangers-period from the 90s and even then there were some good ideas in there.)

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    The question on my mind is why does it look like he has ketchup on his shirt? Don't you dare tell me that Strange is one of those philistines that puts ketchup on a hotdog! The Sorcerer Supreme would know that in all the meta-dimensions that the only true condiment for a hotdog is mustard.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    ...you can put both on a hot dog, you know. He'll, everybody I know loads the suckers up with everything they can find... Ketchup, mustard, relish, onions...

personally I stick with just ketchup and mustard

any more toppings and it feels like overkill

This discussion has been closed.