As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[PA Comic] Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - Emulator, Part One

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited April 2013 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    between Hector and Baby Tycho I'm pretty happy about this

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    The only thing I did to emulate my father when I was growing up was play fantasy football.

And he yelled at me for that too.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Strip title :^:

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • wn.mikewn.mike archi PTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Both Gabe and Tycho sons will be PA interns in 8years and will prolong PA lifespan for another 60 years.

wn.mike on
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    My dad is the reason me and all my brothers love fantasy books, roleplaying games, and strategy games. He got into all of that while in the army and brought his favorites home with him

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    This strip is awesome, and if it's all about little Gabe's game, this series will be awesome.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Lil' Tycho is got dang adorable.

I'm pleased they turned Gabe's game into a strip. I'm interested to hear about it.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Are we allowed to talk about where you download ROMs for a father emulator?

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • spawnoftheEDspawnoftheED Multimedia Designer New JerseyRegistered User regular
    lil tycho looks awesome!. can't wait to see more.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular

Strictly speaking, I think only your mother can do that.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »

Strictly speaking, I think only your mother can do that.

Guys can pick up some extra cash donating ROMs though, if they have desirable qualities.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Lil' Tycho's table does not really approach the Platonic Form of The Table, alas. But damn does he look adorably proud of it.

• Roger WilcoRoger Wilco Registered User regular
    This strip is awesome, and if it's all about little Gabe's game, this series will be awesome.

I don't know. I'm anxious. I'm afraid this will be nothing more than a father going on about how cool his kid is because he did something that isn't that cool to everyone else. You know how it is. Your friend's kid does something vaguely interesting and now you have to hear about it every time you two hang out. But I'm optimistic! This story arc might be cool.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

I don't know. I'm anxious. I'm afraid this will be nothing more than a father going on about how cool his kid is because he did something that isn't that cool to everyone else. You know how it is. Your friend's kid does something vaguely interesting and now you have to hear about it every time you two hang out. But I'm optimistic! This story arc might be cool.

An eight year old made a Roleplaying game.

There is nothing about that that isn't cool.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    My son wants to create the next Warhammer 40,000/Super Dungeon Explore.

• sullijosullijo mid-level minion subterranean bunkerRegistered User regular
    Hector!

When I was driving once I saw this painted on a bridge:
    "I don't want the world, I just want your half"
  • KludiwenKludiwen Registered User new member
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Lil' Tycho is got dang adorable.

I would love to see a version of the middle panel with L'il Tycho clutching a little version of the same beer Big Tycho is holding.

• Sleepwalker9Sleepwalker9 Registered User regular
    In the thumbnail for this comic on the PA website, I didn't recognize the golf tee too quickly and thought Gabe was rocking some Mr. Fantastic style grey hair. Gotta say it suits him.

Xbox Live: Reborn9
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Last line is a groaner

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Your mother is a groaner.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Lil' Tycho's table looks like some form of torture device (just needs some restraints :P)

Also I love how he is wearing the same outfit as adult Tycho :)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Lil' Tycho's table looks like some form of torture device (just needs some restraints :P)

Also I love how he is wearing the same outfit as adult Tycho :)

Well, yeah, how else would you know who it was? I love how his head is still the same size, but this was something that is already an established trait for both kid Gabe and kid Tycho: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/01

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Also, Tycho's missing his helmet.

• TravanTravan Registered User regular
    Pretty sure Gabe used that panel three Calvin Candie line in a newspost.

At some point someone needs to tell him that everything Candie does and says shares the theme "Not Fractionally Cool As He Thinks He Is."

Gamertag- Travan7838

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Is Tycho drinking Tabasco sauce?

ING-tabasco-sauce-2_sql.jpg

• rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    My kids are 4 and I already have them making concept art. I'm hoping to make them into a development team before age 10. Of course by encouraging them toward the nerdly arts I can pretty much guarantee they will rebel and go into something super serious and boring like finance or politics.

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    My kids are 4 and I already have them making concept art. I'm hoping to make them into a development team before age 10. Of course by encouraging them toward the nerdly arts I can pretty much guarantee they will rebel and go into something super serious and boring like finance or politics.

Football.

What is this I don't even.
  • PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    I made a role playing game when I was around that age. I'm sure little Gabe's is better, mine was pretty dumb.